Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:39:47 PM

Great work, Glad that anon was broken so noone will lose money. I suspected it based on the qualify of code that was coming from this team, thus didnt realy expect it to be of commercial quality anyways.. I doubt they will be able to fix it, so id just remove the fteature altogether if i were you.

I suspect based on the number of misspelled words in your post that your ability to judge the quality of code probably isn't too spectacular. Still, you wouldn't be sidhujag if you didn't use this as an opportunity to shill for syscoin (as you have done with the majority of your posts in this thread).

It will be fixed.
You are wrong, you may read the code of sys offers and judge for yourself.. Infact there is a bounty to try to break it or find major bugs.

Then prove me wrong and show me exactly which portions of Shadow's code you think are of poor quality (the part Shen's bug report relates to obviously excluded) and explain how you would improve upon then. Otherwise it just looks like you're here dishonestly casting aspersions on another project in the hope of promoting your own.
Point me out to your unit tests as a starter.. Can you do that?

You made the claim so the burden of proof is on you. I'll be waiting.
Oh i forgot you code is closed source lol.. Again point me out to your unit tests and I will start from there.. No tests? There rests my casse.

the burden is NOT on me because you asked me, now if i dont have access to your code (tests) then i cant really answer your q and my original claim stands..

I guess i should have known you still havent grown up have you? The burden of proof on me just like it was on shen for proving his proof even though you guys refutted it with nonsense fud and 10 hours of testing (did you even do that?).. He had to go ahead and break the anon on the chain to prove it to you, that is very impolite and unprofessional! I guess someone who isnt really an engineer or scholar would never understand.

Thanks thats all i needed to know.. I will update the decentralized market manifesto and remove anon from sdc aswell as update some pertinent information.
It's actually open source which brings us back to what Sativa said about a community growing instead of constantly breaking each others kneecaps. If XMR is capable of debunking anything wouldn't they also be capable of submitting a recommended fix? Or shit even contributing it themselves to the git. Instead of setting up bounties for breaking shit why not setup bounties for fixing shit as a community fund. I'm just spitballing for fun now but dev incentive has always been a worry of mine which would be quelled by a project greenlight type system encompassing all of crypto.
If you werent here constantly bashing others and deleting posts with valid content and concerns then maybe "dev incentive" wouldnt be a problem, heck i even considered you guys valid competitors until i came here and learned how you guys work.. Perhaps you guys are all young and havent been around long enough to understand the business/customer side of things.
I wasn't specifically referring to this project because you are actually replying to devs code and ffmad which have been quite responsive to this. I have been an investor in XST, SSD, SYS, CLOAK, and maaaaaany others which this concept could apply to as well. Even your syscoin UX/UI could benefit from a system of dev incentives. And really the ignorance of the trolls usually experienced causes one to be "onguard". I suppose it was inevitable though that one of the trolls that my metaphorical sword of best intentions met was a legitimate criticism. FUCK ME FOR THAT RIGHT? lols

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

Great work, Glad that anon was broken so noone will lose money. I suspected it based on the qualify of code that was coming from this team, thus didnt realy expect it to be of commercial quality anyways.. I doubt they will be able to fix it, so id just remove the fteature altogether if i were you.

I suspect based on the number of misspelled words in your post that your ability to judge the quality of code probably isn't too spectacular. Still, you wouldn't be sidhujag if you didn't use this as an opportunity to shill for syscoin (as you have done with the majority of your posts in this thread).

It will be fixed.
You are wrong, you may read the code of sys offers and judge for yourself.. Infact there is a bounty to try to break it or find major bugs.

Then prove me wrong and show me exactly which portions of Shadow's code you think are of poor quality (the part Shen's bug report relates to obviously excluded) and explain how you would improve upon then. Otherwise it just looks like you're here dishonestly casting aspersions on another project in the hope of promoting your own.

Oh i forgot you code is closed source lol.. Again point me out to your unit tests and I will start from there.. No tests? There rests my casse.

the burden is NOT on me because you asked me, now if i dont have access to your code (tests) then i cant really answer your q and my original claim stands..

Do you realise how stupid you sound now?

I suspected it based on the qualify of code that was coming from this team

Now you're claiming you can't read it because it's closed source (guess I'm imagining this github repo). So you made your claim without having looked at the code.

You should probably stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.
The original core code is up and was based on that.. With private code develipment who knows what the heck ypu updated? There are no tests on the github one i saw.. Again your not a coder you dont get it.. noone has time to dicipher whats private whats public and what possibly changed in your private repos. You can nitpick all you want but its not doing you or your coin any good, maybe you should stop and just give me the information i asked for instead of trying to make this a he said she said argument? Theres an idea

You claimed SDC's code to be of poor quality.

As you're obviously not familiar with the concept:

Burden of proof (or onus probandi in Latin) is the obligation on somebody presenting a new idea (a claim) to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant).

Took me about 15 seconds: https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/tree/master/src/test   Roll Eyes

I think the fact that you couldn't find it yourself says about all that needs to be said about your credibility.
Why did the ring sig tests not pick up this attack vector of defficiency in the implementation?
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:49:24 PM

It will be fixed.

Now you're claiming you can't read it because it's closed source (guess I'm imagining this github repo). So you made your claim without having looked at the code.

The original core code is up and was based on that.. With private code develipment who knows what the heck ypu updated? There are no tests on the github one i saw.. Again your not a coder you dont get it.. noone has time to dicipher whats private whats public and what possibly changed in your private repos. You can nitpick all you want but its not doing you or your coin any good, maybe you should stop and just give me the information i asked for instead of trying to make this a he said she said argument? Theres an idea

Burden of proof (or onus probandi in Latin) is the obligation on somebody presenting a new idea (a claim) to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant).

Took me about 15 seconds: https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/tree/master/src/test   Roll Eyes

I think the fact that you couldn't find it yourself says about all that needs to be said about your credibility.
Why did the ring sig tests not pick up this attack vector of defficiency in the implementation?

Not really getting the whole burden of proof thing are you? You're the great coder, you should be able to tell me that.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:51:04 PM

It will be fixed.

I guess i should have known you still havent grown up have you? The burden of proof on me just like it was on shen for proving his proof even though you guys refutted it with nonsense fud and 10 hours of testing (did you even do that?).. He had to go ahead and break the anon on the chain to prove it to you, that is very impolite and unprofessional! I guess someone who isnt really an engineer or scholar would never understand.

Thanks thats all i needed to know.. I will update the decentralized market manifesto and remove anon from sdc aswell as update some pertinent information.
It's actually open source which brings us back to what Sativa said about a community growing instead of constantly breaking each others kneecaps. If XMR is capable of debunking anything wouldn't they also be capable of submitting a recommended fix? Or shit even contributing it themselves to the git. Instead of setting up bounties for breaking shit why not setup bounties for fixing shit as a community fund. I'm just spitballing for fun now but dev incentive has always been a worry of mine which would be quelled by a project greenlight type system encompassing all of crypto.
If you werent here constantly bashing others and deleting posts with valid content and concerns then maybe "dev incentive" wouldnt be a problem, heck i even considered you guys valid competitors until i came here and learned how you guys work.. Perhaps you guys are all young and havent been around long enough to understand the business/customer side of things.
I wasn't specifically referring to this project because you are actually replying to devs code and ffmad which have been quite responsive to this. I have been an investor in XST, SSD, SYS, CLOAK, and maaaaaany others which this concept could apply to as well. Even your syscoin UX/UI could benefit from a system of dev incentives. And really the ignorance of the trolls usually experienced causes one to be "onguard". I suppose it was inevitable though that one of the trolls that my metaphorical sword of best intentions met was a legitimate criticism. FUCK ME FOR THAT RIGHT? lols
Hackers love to break and only if you play nice will they offer a fix.. So a bounty to break ismore relevant then hope the hackers wants to offer a fix in hopes that he accepts renumeration for it as incentive.
SebSebastian

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:57:07 PM

Look sidhujag, you thought you'd come in and take a couple of cheap shots at Shadow in order to advertise sys. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Why don't you come back when you're actually able to back up your claims instead of coming here, making a claim and then asking others to back it up for you.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:59:01 PM

It will be fixed.

Not really getting the whole burden of proof thing are you? You're the great coder, you should be able to tell me that.
Perhaps the unit tests are incomplete as they did not catch the attack vector although that is generally impossible to do.. Last time I looked the ring sig tests were not there so kudos to the dev to add those.. Code coverage is above 0 although not as high as one would hope for a crucial money sending ffeature such as anon it is a start.. Quality is not horrible as i initially thought when i looked at the code many months ago.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:00:56 PM

Actually, I had switched off from the whole quantum computing debate for a few years. It was always in the theoretical camp.  But it looks like the increasing use of encryption has put governments on the back foot and so they are pumping money into pushing forward research and the day when quantum chips will be available.

It looks like <5 years; so say <10 years for widespread use. That means governments will likely be testing / using chips within 5-10 years.

As this article says: are you ready for your dodgy crypto transactions to be unmasked?

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-quantum-comingare.html

Before this stuff gets buried under a pile of squabbling about nothing much...

15 minutes on Google and I'd be shitting it about quantum chips if I had past transactions with something to hide.

They are not as far away as people think.  

* Google has some actual evidence on quantum computations, and that phones with quantum chips could probably unravel mixed coins.

* IBM and NASA are preparing to building chips

* A group in Australia have carried out demos that seem within a whisker of being fab plant ready

* Microsoft are building software that can run calculations on quantum chips

etc.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:02:19 PM

Look sidhujag, you thought you'd come in and take a couple of cheap shots at Shadow in order to advertise sys. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Why don't you come back when you're actually able to back up your claims instead of coming here, making a claim and then asking others to back it up for you.

Thats not at all the case look at my posts im generally keen on solving problems, although sys csn always use more help im not going around shilling especially when is a competitors thread.. I generally try to help and provide valid criticism, although seems you and your community is too standoffish to realize this.

Case in point, you provide a half baked refuttal to shens post by your own blog post and told him to basically put his money where his mouth is, which is exactly what he did. Now your trying to do the same thing, and although i can spend a few weeks learning about anon and ring sigs and totally dismiss you sadly i dont have that time because anon cant and wont exist in any form of decentralized marketplace nor is it evem remotely the best business decision in terms of time and opportunity cost which you dont seem to have grasped.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:05:04 PM

code: sidhujag,
You may provide valid criticism from time to time but you need to be able to handle some valid criticism that we give you.
You claimed no test cases -> there have always been test cases
The article had flaws in it, you didn't bother checking facts or merely asking us. You just wrote whatever you thought was right

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
SebSebastian

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:08:09 PM

Thats not at all the case look at my posts im generally keen on solving problems, although sys csn always use more help im not going around shilling especially when is a competitors thread.. I generally try to help and provide valid criticism, although seems you and your community is too standoffish to realize this.

You can maybe undestand my point of view though, that last post is the first time you've actually made a suggestion with enough substance to it to actually be actionable. Just claiming that code is "poor" isn't very constructive.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:08:16 PM

code: sidhujag,
You may provide valid criticism from time to time but you need to be able to handle some valid criticism that we give you.
You claimed no test cases -> there have always been test cases
The article had flaws in it, you didn't bother checking facts or merely asking us. You just wrote whatever you thought was right
yes fhey were added since the last time i looked, good on the dev. About the article i asked for a message detailing what should change and inwould do it.. No message today
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:10:16 PM

You can maybe undestand my point of view though, that last post is the first time you've actually made a suggestion with enough substance to it to actually be actionable. Just claiming that code is "poor" isn't very constructive.

Anyway, no hard feelings.
No problem, if you do fix it please let me know
RyanOlstren

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:11:39 PM

erok did you dump your coins? Shall I post my XMR address now?

Finally the slimebag SDC community oozes from its sewer after the price goes down.

I doubt the devs or anyone else here has the dignity or morals to honor this bounty.

The claim is that publicly disclosing this fatal flaw did not minimized damage, but precisely the opposite is true. This means that the incompetent devs and ignorant community either

(1) Doesn't understand the nature of the flaw.
(2) Has no credibility.
(3) Both

All evidence points to 3.
erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:19:36 PM

Finally the slimebag SDC community oozes from its sewer after the price goes down.

I doubt the devs or anyone else here has the dignity or morals to honor this bounty.

The claim is that publicly disclosing this fatal flaw did not minimized damage, but precisely the opposite is true. This means that the incompetent devs and ignorant community either

(1) Doesn't understand the nature of the flaw.
(2) Has no credibility.
(3) Both

All evidence points to 3.

Yeah I broke half my bag. No clue about the bounty or where that fund came from. The only thing clear is that you are not helping anything by shaming people that are trying to invest in innovation. And shaming a dev for a bug? Tha fuck have you contributed to the crypto scene that makes you think you have the right?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:27:05 PM

I agree let the coders try to figure it out and see what they come up with first.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:36:41 PM

edu-online: Ryan, as stated several times already, our team is on this and the bounty will be paid in full after we had time to do our own research. I completely understand that these kind of things require some of your patience, but please, let's try to deal with this in professional way? Keep in mind that our bounty program was set up to help us advance. Thanks!

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:54:51 PM

Yeah I broke half my bag.

Good. If I can help one person it's worth it.
sremington

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Yeah I broke half my bag.

Good. If I can help one person it's worth it.

I dumped all my XMR. Will be investing it all into SDC.
RyanOlstren

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:50:47 PM

I wasn't specifically referring to this project because you are actually replying to devs code and ffmad which have been quite responsive to this. I have been an investor in XST, SSD, SYS, CLOAK, and maaaaaany others

None of those coins did anything as remotely irresponsible and incompetent as what has been done here.

That you and the rest of this ignorant SDC community can't see that speaks volumes.
erok

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:00:36 PM

I wasn't specifically referring to this project because you are actually replying to devs code and ffmad which have been quite responsive to this. I have been an investor in XST, SSD, SYS, CLOAK, and maaaaaany others
None of those coins did anything as remotely irresponsible and incompetent as what has been done here.

That you and the rest of this ignorant SDC community can't see that speaks volumes.
You are wrong and should feel bad for trying to spread fear. Also learn to post better; multiple post responses to a single response of mine? FFS you are a horribly incompetent forum user which highlights the idea that you don't know shit about what you are talking about. And you werent the reason for me selling. That is your ego talking. Shen is the reason and actually now I regret selling Tongue. Are you scared of going on your main account and posting here?

Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: