Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:26:47 AM

hm, no one up to answer my questions? I'll try to contact IZ then and see what's up for myself. will let you guys know if I get some usefull information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:02:12 AM

hm, no one up to answer my questions? I'll try to contact IZ then and see what's up for myself. will let you guys know if I get some usefull information.

Probably becuase you didnt seem to accept the answer then so i doubt you will now.

so, whats the status on the isidor zeuner review?

Same as last month...

1. All code is open source.
2. We have prioritised development over documentation at this moment in time.
3. We have a bounty program for anyone that finds any issues.

so after way more than half a year there's nothing close to a cryptographic review, depsite people paying him more than 5btc?  Shocked

Since you feel so passionate about it.. go ahead and arrange it.
This is a open source project; our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

It took bitcoins years to be peer reviewed so as I have stated before a single review quite frankly means nothing to me. I want to see dozens of them and they will come with time.

... No one is phased except you, who seems to have an intrest in the project but nothing tying you here. Are you here to start trouble becuase we seem to have this under control.
But like dasource said before. Go ahead and arrange it, it seems to be that you think you need our permision. You don't, so go ahead!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:59:15 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 12:29:30 PM by child_harold

our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

Technovert is the in-house cryptographer dasource speaks of. I dont suppose TV might publish a few words about his work here on BCT or the Shadow blog? More info about the Team members was promised some months ago and I'm still none the wiser. But Id settle for a brief overview of what he's done in his own words, issued by him or even through a proxy.

The choice to go dev and not provide documentation is said to have been a community decision. Is there any evidence of a vote/discussion that you could link since I have no recollection of such a community decision? Thanks.

Finally Id like to know how many early miners there might have been. If BCT members who actually mined SDC could raise a hand for a quick count that'd be great. Personally speaking I did not mine.

Ive been in Shadow for a long time and have only really ever wanted to know more about our tech (shdowchat/shadowsend) I remember back and forthing with smooth - brings back memories.Without infos/tech discussions this thread just goes off-topic too much with geo-political and precious metal convos.

Three core devs are supposedly working full-time (Im not sure why TV couldnt do the docs while others work on coding). Without more tech interest/discussion I fear the price will tank for some time. And then how will the devs support themselves from SDC?

It may not be your job to provide reassurances or even more info, but without them this community will shrink and people will start to wander. wheatclove (where's dadon now?) and LongandShort might have their skills but running a charm offensive is not in their wheel-house. (LOL). Admittedly LnS's tongue-lashings are amongst the most savagely beautiful things ever produced in prose but even they have limited usefulness.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:02:20 PM

I mined and I still have original coins minus some that I was forced to sell due to finances.   Several hundred people mined, but most of those had been sold with-in the first several days of POS,  In my opinion distribution is fantastic considering how little true PR we've done, and how little press we have received.  I credit that good distribution due to FUD on these forums and the cyclical rise and fall of the price over the last year.   Now I believe the majority of coins are now in peoples hands whom have a fairly long-term vision here.   Aside from the few who break rank.     

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:04:49 PM

Now I believe the majority of coins are now in peoples hands whom have a fairly long-term vision here.   Aside from the few who break rank.     

I hope so.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

Now I believe the majority of coins are now in peoples hands whom have a fairly long-term vision here.   Aside from the few who break rank.     

I hope so.

Long term here 
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 06:24:41 PM

I hope so.

Long term here 

I love u man  - shame u never accepted my offer of beer.

@WC - should have dons it a long time ago
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:23:54 PM

our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

Technovert is the in-house cryptographer dasource speaks of. I dont suppose TV might publish a few words about his work here on BCT or the Shadow blog? More info about the Team members was promised some months ago and I'm still none the wiser. But Id settle for a brief overview of what he's done in his own words, issued by him or even through a proxy.

The choice to go dev and not provide documentation is said to have been a community decision. Is there any evidence of a vote/discussion that you could link since I have no recollection of such a community decision? Thanks.

Finally Id like to know how many early miners there might have been. If BCT members who actually mined SDC could raise a hand for a quick count that'd be great. Personally speaking I did not mine.

Ive been in Shadow for a long time and have only really ever wanted to know more about our tech (shdowchat/shadowsend) I remember back and forthing with smooth - brings back memories.Without infos/tech discussions this thread just goes off-topic too much with geo-political and precious metal convos.

Three core devs are supposedly working full-time (Im not sure why TV couldnt do the docs while others work on coding). Without more tech interest/discussion I fear the price will tank for some time. And then how will the devs support themselves from SDC?

It may not be your job to provide reassurances or even more info, but without them this community will shrink and people will start to wander. wheatclove (where's dadon now?) and LongandShort might have their skills but running a charm offensive is not in their wheel-house. (LOL). Admittedly LnS's tongue-lashings are amongst the most savagely beautiful things ever produced in prose but even they have limited usefulness.

Frankly, no one owes you anything so buzz off with your unrealistic, entitled requests. All the answers you seek are strewn through this thread.

Its just hard to find it becuase you have posted so much off topic rubish on all your alts and main accounts in this thread.

You dont contribute and you sure as shit dont pay any of the team members so your requests are quite frankly, rediculus.
you dont understand a thing about the logistics of this project so you are stuck guessing and throwing your emo projections at everyone in sight.
Quite frankly im sick to death of your mental illness and drunken sprees that i wish you to leave and never return unless you have something of substance to contribute! (you may think you are and have contributed but you have not)

This community has all of the things you cry about regularly under control. They are prioritised and being worked on in order and with what resource they can get a hold of at the time.
You are not helping so thus you are part of the problem! You always will be untill you pull your head in, get in and contribute properly instead of this emo garbage you chose to throw at people actually doing the work!
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:52:58 AM

Frankly, no one owes you anything so buzz off with your unrealistic, entitled requests. All the answers you seek are strewn through this thread.

Its just hard to find it becuase you have posted so much off topic rubish on all your alts and main accounts in this thread.

You dont contribute and you sure as shit dont pay any of the team members so your requests are quite frankly, rediculus.
you dont understand a thing about the logistics of this project so you are stuck guessing and throwing your emo projections at everyone in sight.
Quite frankly im sick to death of your mental illness and drunken sprees that i wish you to leave and never return unless you have something of substance to contribute! (you may think you are and have contributed but you have not)

This community has all of the things you cry about regularly under control. They are prioritised and being worked on in order and with what resource they can get a hold of at the time.
You are not helping so thus you are part of the problem! You always will be untill you pull your head in, get in and contribute properly instead of this emo garbage you chose to throw at people actually doing the work!

What are you saying, man? Complaining that a holder of a coin that we all know is going to be used primarily for illegal (somewhere) transactions is intoxicated and emo?

I do believe that the ultimate users of the coin are going to primarily consist of people who are exactly that. So be careful what you wish for!  Grin Don't hold to any illusions that the value (as opposed to the technology) of SDC is going to be built by stable people with professional demeanors.

Seriously, there aren't that many ways in which a person who is not a professional coder can contribute at this point. Hence the frustration some people feel. As well as the reciprocal frustration the people who are doing the heavy lifting must feel as well. All understandable.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:35:19 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 04:57:56 AM by LongAndShort

All semantics noted.

So basically i was telling someone who contributes nothing and throws tantrums because they state that they equally understand as much. Not only tantrums but also making requests to be spoon fed as an individual; the information that is availiable to them already.

They are just unwilling to sift through a mound of their own bullshit to find it. Throwing mud at their peers when not understanding or in this case, not accepting that there is a process and priority to the development that they dont fund or contribute to directly. (trading the coin is not funding development) These actions are usually followed up by what you are seeing now from them. Where they will then assume something shifty is going on becuase they do not understand the above matters. Usually resulting in a emo attack, and questioning motives, again, on their peers who are actually contributing and following an order built by a consensus.

Thus resulting in a counter to their own cause, and that is the part that really boggles my head and makes it hurt, resulting in me presuming they are unwell. That and the mound of other evidence leading to this current post!

I assure you the people actually building this project are of sound mind, are not emo and contribute daily to the cause. They have a list of prioritised features to work on and are organised to the point the resource, human and finacial allows them.
I see the unwell ones making demands, attacking and projecting their own bullshit demands onto the people actually contributing. People actually in line with the prioritised structure of ideas floated by the comunity and developers. Attacking them over things they just dont understand.

Its not our problem is what im saying.

People can be heard in the right forum, this thread is not it.
People can find all roads leading to the information they seek in this thread. starting on page 1
People can contribute right now. Shadow project lacks in documentation and people from all walks of life and skill can contribute to that cause right now!
People who want to contribute properly do not need to understand the tech fully at all, most of the information is all out there it just needs to be collected and built into this projects ip sites.

Developers can contribute and do so, they understand this thread is just one form of information and announcments and fall into the right forums to be heard and meetup with the rest of the developers. Belive it or not this does happen. This thread is not one of them!

If anyone wants to help they can pm me or jump in slack chat, where the entire team and most of the comunity hang out and work together!

Slack Registration : https://shadowproject.herokuapp.com
Shadow specific forum : http://talk.shadowproject.io
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:16:14 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 07:04:42 AM by child_harold

Like I said. Tongue-Lashing. This appears to have been your main contribution.

To say Im a mentally unstable guy who's contributed nothing is as bollox as the bag of sweaty auzzie bollox that was the Longandwheatclove comedy club night.

Whilst u might be able to tell me to sod off and dig thru hundreds of pages to get answers it is fantasy to ask potential new investors to do so. So get your answers/links ready mate. They will want to know about the short mining phase and why Zeuner (to whom i donated 0.3BTC) was delayed and for evidence of the community vote (which I DO NOT remember, perhaps cause i was drunk) which led to that decision. I do not believe such a vote took place and I dont understand why the in-house crytographer cant provide docs for IZ whilst others code.

Moving on to the market before providing docs for shadowsend seems a case of cart before horse. It just doesnt make sense to me. How long would preparing the documentation for shadowsend possibly take?

@AutomaticMonkey: +1

BTW: As a crazy dude who hates censorship of any kind it is upsetting to see all of my older posts being regularly deleted

Why dont you just delete all the posts, put that Crytophile guy in charge, and start over under his iron fist.

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:18:01 AM

Like I said. Tongue-Lashing. This appears to have been your main contribution.

To say Im a mentally unstable guy who's contributed nothing is as bollox as the bag of sweaty auzzie bollox that was the Longandwheatclove comedy club night.

Whilst u might be able to tell me to sod off and dig thru hundreds of pages to get answers it is fantasy to ask potential new investors to do so. So get your answers/links ready mate. They will want to know about the short mining phase and why Zeuner (to whom i donated 0.3BTC) was delayed and for evidence of the community vote (which I DO NOT remember, perhaps cause i was drunk) which led to that decision. I do not believe such a vote took place and I dont understand why the in-house crytographer cant provide docs for IZ whilst others code.

Moving on to the market before providing docs for shadowsend seems a case of cart before horse. It just doesnt make sense to me. How long would preparing the documentation for shadowsend possibly take?

@AutomaticMonkey: +1

BTW: As a crazy dude who hates censorship of any kind it is upsetting to see all of my older posts being regularly deleted

Why dont you just delete all the posts, put that Crytophile guy in charge, and start over under his iron fist.

Thanks,

however, until you can use the appropiate means to be heard; you wont get much from this thread. One you continue to abuse.
I will say it again for your convenience... Make your own thread; specific to the topics you most dearly want to talk about. Announce them here and you may find that i and others will happily discuss them with you.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 07:39:08 AM

How long would preparing the documentation for shadowsend possibly take?

You want a documentation ? So come and help, we're working on it.
You want to FUD and create panic to have some cheap coins ? Just get lost.

By the way, devs are still working on the release on the new HD wallet (debugging and co). It's not an easy task, but it's vital for what's next.

We are also setting a new "dev" website on shadowproject.io, with documentation and other few things. The aim is to have a good website for technical people, when aboutshadow.com is aimed at a general public.

If anyone want to help on documentation (technical or not), we will be happy to include you in the "doc team"  Smiley

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:58:20 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 08:10:45 AM by child_harold

How long would preparing the documentation for shadowsend possibly take?

You want a documentation ? So come and help, we're working on it.
You want to FUD and create panic to have some cheap coins ? Just get lost.

Isidor wanted documentation. I wanted the report.
Why the hell did we commission Isidor at all?
Does anybody here remember voting on this documentation/development decision?

Don't speak to me of cheap coins.

Make your own thread; specific to the topics you most dearly want to talk about. Announce them here and you may find that i and others will happily discuss them with you.

Fantasy.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:25:59 AM

I can't believe this is still at 44k. Correct price for SDC is 500 at least. What is going on?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 08:43:37 AM

I can't believe this is still at 44k. Correct price for SDC is 500 at least. What is going on?

It's because SDC lack recognition from big bitcoin tech guys like Todd, Atlas, ... Not because they don't recognize the tech but because they don't know about it. And without the good website / documentation, they will never have the patience to go through the tech.

That's why we want to set up a tech website at shadowproject.io, with documentation and other few things.

The first step was to switch the shadow projects to Github to https://github.com/ShadowProject, and rename it for clarity (like shadowcoin > shadow)

After that kind of work is done I think we will be able to grow faster

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:12:10 AM

It's because SDC lack recognition from big bitcoin tech guys like Todd, Atlas, ... Not because they don't recognize the tech but because they don't know about it. And without the good website / documentation, they will never have the patience to go through the tech.

That's why we want to set up a tech website at shadowproject.io, with documentation and other few things.

The first step was to switch the shadow projects to Github to https://github.com/ShadowProject, and rename it for clarity (like shadowcoin > shadow)

So let me get this straight.

You have a dig at me for wanting "cheap coins" when you readily admit it is your complete failure (after months on end) to provide adequate documentation, to Zeuner or anybody else, which has resulted in the current "cheap coin" situation? It is therefor you who seek "cheap coins" and also you who is a hypocrite.

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:22:14 AM

You have a dig at me for wanting "cheap coins" when you readily admit it is your complete failure (after months on end) to provide adequate documentation, to Zeuner or anybody else, which has resulted in the current "cheap coin" situation? It is therefor you who seek "cheap coins" and also you who is a hypocrite.

Again...

so, whats the status on the isidor zeuner review?

Same as last month...

1. All code is open source.
3. We have a bounty program for anyone that finds any issues.

so after way more than half a year there's nothing close to a cryptographic review, depsite people paying him more than 5btc?  Shocked

Since you feel so passionate about it.. go ahead and arrange it.
This is a open source project; our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

It took bitcoins years to be peer reviewed so as I have stated before a single review quite frankly means nothing to me. I want to see dozens of them and they will come with time.

You tire me CH, please for all things good go and make your own thread and state all the things you want to know there. Its not difficult. I encourage you to do that so you can be heard. Here is not the place!
lulla.by

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:23:55 AM

Give it some time and price will rise again. I invested big in SDC and believe in the project!
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 10:41:07 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 11:17:31 AM by ffmad

So let me get this straight. Go to hell.

You don't know how much time and money I've invested in Shadow ... for free.
There is no "my failure", if they're is a "failure", it's a community one. For reminder, it's an Open Source project.

So if you keep whining on a not yet done documentation and you've done nothing else about it, it's YOUR failure.

While you're bitching about things, others are trying to get things right and working for it.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: