Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:33:58 AM

So let me get this straight. Go to hell.

Quite the Oscar Wilde. I guess I'll see you there.

So if you keep whining on a not yet done documentation and you've done nothing else about it, it's YOUR failure.

Oh I do apologize I hadnt realized it was MY fault that Zeuner hasnt got the documentation he requested months ago to complete the review. I'll start inking my quill post-haste… "Dear Mr. Zeuner…"

C'mon off it mate, you're having a laugh.Im as well suited to writing those docs as LongandShort is to work for a suicide hotline. Now that's witty. LOL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:15:37 PM

I doubt that anyone outside the core development team can write accurate technical papers explaining what and why of the code. if the guy u hired to review the code cant figure it out, then whoever wrote the code will have to do that work. its not a community project. im not attacking anyone here, but again its nothing the community can accomplish.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:34:32 PM

I doubt that anyone outside the core development team can write accurate technical papers explaining what and why of the code. if the guy u hired to review the code cant figure it out, then whoever wrote the code will have to do that work. its not a community project. im not attacking anyone here, but again its nothing the community can accomplish.

Of course it needs help from core devs, but on the contrary writing the documentation is a good way for the community to understand better the tech behind shadow.

It's not something we can't accomplish

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:39:08 PM

Of course it needs help from core devs, but on the contrary writing the documentation is a good way for the community to understand better the tech behind shadow.

It seems like a few very vocal community members are against improving their knowledge of the technology that they support.. I started out in crypto last year during the cloakcoin fiasco, and I've improved my understanding of cryptocurrencies tremendously with reading papers, researching terms and ideas I dont understand,  and asking lots of questions.

If I wasn't so busy with school, my job, and raising my daughter, I'd be all over this task. Don't understand what excuses child_harold has.

I was a fucking noob, not even fully understanding the concept of the blockchain. Saw the opportunity to make money. Figured it was foolish to "invest" in things of which i had zero working knowledge. Started learning.  Lost money but fell in love with the technology being developed in this field.
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:08:08 PM

It seems like a few very vocal community members are against improving their knowledge of the technology that they support.. I started out in crypto last year during the cloakcoin fiasco, and I've improved my understanding of cryptocurrencies tremendously with reading papers, researching terms and ideas I dont understand,  and asking lots of questions.

If I wasn't so busy with school, my job, and raising my daughter, I'd be all over this task. Don't understand what excuses child_harold has.

I was a fucking noob, not even fully understanding the concept of the blockchain. Saw the opportunity to make money. Figured it was foolish to "invest" in things of which i had zero working knowledge. Started learning.  Lost money but fell in love with the technology being developed in this field.

What excuse I have for not writing the technical documentation for the code written by ryno and TV?

Have you people lost your minds? Are you mental? I literally cannot believe Im being asked to provide excuses for why I can obviously not do that, even with 10 years of study starting today. I could do a howto but it is totally insane to expect community members, or even want community members, to explain ryno's code. bangomatic is of course right.

ffmad and wheat: you guys have taken leave of ur senses.

Wheatclove

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:16:38 PM

Complain about a lack of documentation.
Complain about the length of time between releases.
Complain about a lack of update posts.

Complain about...

Complain...

Stop.
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:41:30 PM

Complain...

Stop.

That a member of the Team is suggesting the community or that you yourself might somehow assist with preparing the technical info required by IZ and others to study the anon more closely is totally crazy, at least to me.

Will IZ get the tech info he requests before 2016, or do we have to wait till after market release?

Wheatclove

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:58:29 PM

Complain...

Stop.

That a member of the Team is suggesting the community or that you yourself might somehow assist with preparing the technical info required by IZ and others to study the anon more closely is totally crazy, at least to me.

Will IZ get the tech info he requests before 2016, or do we have to wait till after market release?

It's not that technical. It's all just logic. Track/map the variables through the functions in which they're used. Add comments.  Repeat.

The most technical part of the code was it's creation and bug free implementation. Now it's pretty damn simple.

If I had the time, I'd do it. The devs have most likely opted out of commenting/documenting the code due to the limited funding. They opted to do the more difficult work first as it's more important to get done before funding runs out.
child_harold

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:09:27 PM

Complain...

Stop.

It's not that technical. It's all just logic. Track/map the variables through the functions in which they're used. Add comments.  Repeat.

The most technical part of the code was it's creation and bug free implementation. Now it's pretty damn simple.

If I had the time, I'd do it. The devs have most likely opted out of commenting/documenting the code due to the limited funding. They opted to do the more difficult work first as it's more important to get done before funding runs out.

How much time?

Even if what you are saying is true, which I doubt, it makes the current situation even more ridiculous.

Wheatclove

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:14:46 PM

Complain...

Stop.

How much time?

Even if what you are saying is true, which I doubt, it makes the current situation even more ridiculous.

How much time? A few hours a day? 15 minutes a day? The time it takes is irrelevant if your unwilling to dedicate any time to the project outside of complaining on these forums and arguing with other projects.

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:19:40 PM

@child_harold You are being a nusance, you dont like the answers given, you are harassing us now. Three times now i've asked you to make your own thread. This is the last time i ask.

You are offtopic in Shadows Announcment thread. Please move to your own thread and we can continue the dicussion there.

This is the last time i ask you!
child_arnold

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:25:36 PM

@child_harold You are being a nusance, you dont like the answers given, you are harassing us now. Three times now i've asked you to make your own thread. This is the last time i ask.

You are offtopic in Shadows Announcment thread. Please move to your own thread and we can continue the dicussion there.

This is the last time I ask you too Child Harold!
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:20:34 PM

https://github.com/ShadowProject/shadow/commits/v1.3.3

child_harold

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:47:34 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 01:34:27 PM by child_harold

To censor, insult and then threaten members of this community for expressing concerns and asking questions about Zeuner or the review is criminal.

That a member of the Team should defensively attack the community at large for not providing this documentation themselves is mind-boggling.

Asking us to address these issues on other threads is just stupid. Isidor was announced here and should be followed up here.

Perhaps Shadow has great tech. But nobody will ever know about it. To not provide the documentation required to appreciate your creation results in my assumption that your creation is not worth appreciation.

Talk of HD wallets and markets is meaningless to me without well-documented and tested anonymity.

I have no desire to get any more heat for this obvious catastrophe and the last thing I want is LongAndShort doxing me.

PM me if you wanna buy my donation and take your seat waiting for history.

You wont be hearing from me again so spare me your threats. Enjoy your cheap coins.

I'M OUT.

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 12:56:28 PM

If people are interested in helping building the documentation, you can join us on Slack.

It's going at a good pace  Smiley (and lot of people from shadow's community are already helping)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
rynomster

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:34:31 PM

Hey guys

We're currently working on the gitian build for qt 5.4.2 to add Windows 10 support, as well as the gitian Mac builds.
Hopefully if all goes well we will have the latest testnet release ready for you today.

Tulsene

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

..|..

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:36:52 PM

Hey guys

We're currently working on the gitian build for qt 5.4.2 to add Windows 10 support, as well as the gitian Mac builds.
Hopefully if all goes well we will have the latest testnet release ready for you today.

glad to hear, things moving up ...
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:07:15 PM

edu-online: CH...do you realize that you have done nothing but insult Shadows developers? I've seen new community members put in more effort then you while you have been around for more then 1 year. All you do is complain and act as if we are all on a pay-roll of some company you hold shares in. There is a documentation team working around the clock just to make sure our developers can spend all of their time working on developing and testing new releases. Me and ffmad (and many others) have spend the majority of our day working on Shadows documentation, what have you been doing? Now...instead of replying to this message and trying to convince me I'm wrong...try asking me how you can contribute and try to be of help instead.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
child_harold

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:36:53 PM

edu-online: CH...do you realize that you have done nothing but insult Shadows developers? I've seen new community members put in more effort then you while you have been around for more then 1 year. All you do is complain and act as if we are all on a pay-roll of some company you hold shares in. There is a documentation team working around the clock just to make sure our developers can spend all of their time working on developing and testing new releases. Me and ffmad (and many others) have spend the majority of our day working on Shadows documentation, what have you been doing? Now...instead of replying to this message and trying to convince me I'm wrong...try asking me how you can contribute and try to be of help instead.

Are you shitting me?

I have spent more time, energy and % of my money on Shadow than many Team members. It was an unhealthy obsession which is now ended.

So your doing the documentation now? The docs for Zeuner? Will you also be updating the whitepaper of shdowsendv2 with the word cryptonote? Peter Todd (in this thread) said it looks like cryptonote. So did smooth. That's where we still are today, after months and months and months.

Perhaps you didn't see me write I'M OUT. And you pissed me off.

So take your mined-too-quick still-not-documented anon-coin and don't utter my name again. As you can probably tell I'm pretty damn sore about this and would best be left alone.

Good luck or whatever. I'M OUT

Wheatclove

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:47:09 PM

Are you shitting me?

I have spent more time, energy and % of my money on Shadow than many Team members. It was an unhealthy obsession which is now ended.

So your doing the documentation now? The docs for Zeuner? Will you also be updating the whitepaper of shdowsendv2 with the word cryptonote? Peter Todd (in this thread) said it looks like cryptonote. So did smooth. That's where we still are today, after months and months and months.

Perhaps you didn't see me write I'M OUT. And you pissed me off.

So take your mined-too-quick still-not-documented anon-coin and don't utter my name again. As you can probably tell I'm pretty damn sore about this and would best be left alone.

Good luck or whatever. I'M OUT

No he didn't.
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: