Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:33:08 PM

Ledger & Monero update

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6thv8j/ledger_hardware_wallet_monero_integration/

"First Monero Exchange in India, Now Trade Monero (XMR) directly with Indian Rupees (INR) 24x7 at buyUcoin.com"

https://www.buyucoin.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6thc1j/first_monero_exchange_in_india_now_trade_monero/

"Monero Integrations Updates #7"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6tgxng/monero_integrations_updates_7/

"Wikileaks has added support for Monero"

https://shop.wikileaks.org/donate

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6thzig/wikileaks_has_added_support_for_monero/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:44:44 AM

As long as the rate of lost coins is greater than zero, Bitcoin's total supply will eventually be zero.

Since when inaccessible supply equals zero Cheesy

If you think inaccessible money is useful, I have 2,130 inaccessible bitcoins I'd like to sell you
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:02:55 AM

Some wishful speculation (tm)...

As painful as it is to see the price of Monero/BTC languish I am somewhat encouraged to see alts doing this across the board.

My thought is once the bitcoin air has escaped the alt balloon we will be ripe for a reshuffle.  Let alts with true utility and potential recover while the BS projects can stay in the gutter.   Markets correct in time.  We've been overdue.

Still painful to watch...

I see Monero making it on 2018 tho.  When SEC regulations against ICO's kick in all these investors will start looking for a solid cryptocurrency to park their funds in.  Bitcoin is a given, but most of them will be looking for a crypto that's rising against BTC.  I think 2018 will put POW coins back in vogue again due to the SEC hammer.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
needcashoutbtc

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:19:57 AM

well looks like monero wasnt the best coin to invest in 2017.
probably the best option is to hold your values in bitcoin

Minexcoin:  XDKmP2ykK9dCpGYoxREAGF76B82Zh66FJ4
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:21:36 AM

Investopedia gives some reasons why NEO goes up.

The Team and Their Idea: Founded by Da Hongfei, the NEO team is one of the most professional around. While many new ICOs (initial coin offerings) have teams that expound upon the pre-sale of the coin and its potential value, NEO takes the opposite strategy. Da’s team are relentlessly accessible to the public and speak on the technology’s real-world applica
http://www.investopedia.com/news/china-new-ethereum-neo/

I highlighted that very good reason. That could be applied also by Monero Team. No need to be all the time available for media. But a little more. People just has to be told what are the privacy, the untraceabity and the fungibility.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:06:44 AM

Investopedia gives some reasons why NEO goes up.

The Team and Their Idea: Founded by Da Hongfei, the NEO team is one of the most professional around. While many new ICOs (initial coin offerings) have teams that expound upon the pre-sale of the coin and its potential value, NEO takes the opposite strategy. Da’s team are relentlessly accessible to the public and speak on the technology’s real-world applica
http://www.investopedia.com/news/china-new-ethereum-neo/

I highlighted that very good reason. That could be applied also by Monero Team. No need to be all the time available for media. But a little more. People just has to be told what are the privacy, the untraceabity and the fungibility.

Afaik Riccardo has answered most of the interview requests ever thrown @ him,
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:22:11 PM

"RingCT 2.0: A Compact Linkable Ring Signature Based Protocol for Blockchain Cryptocurrency Monero" - by Sun et al. (2017)

https://www.docdroid.net/8eLcBMr/ringct.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6tlxpp/ringct_20_a_compact_linkable_ring_signature_based/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 12:26:47 PM

Huge positive.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

hw wallet in aplha... in september

wikileaks giving you the option to give away money in xmr

and devs who have publicly demonstrated that they will kill any attempt at a pump

what a fucking shitcoin

rip

edit: no offense meant @debruyne

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:43:53 PM

and devs who have publicly demonstrated that they will kill any attempt at a pump

what a fucking shitcoin

rip

Like how you criticize the minor stuff, but not a peep about the RingCT 2.0 paper, which will fix Monero's bloat problem, as well as massively increase the anonymity set at the same time. Dimwit troll alert. I remember when Monero used to have trolls with more than two brain cells to rub together, but now we have to make do with this. Oh well.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:08:13 PM

well looks like monero wasnt the best coin to invest in 2017.
probably the best option is to hold your values in bitcoin

2017 is far from over. We saw only a bit more then half of it. Monero was best investment in 2016, so would be daring to expect will be same in 2017.
Cards will mix a lot in upcoming months. So what you see as best 2017 investemnt might totally fail.

This means we should get Ledger at around end of a year. Or maybe before, since they already have big number of testers to fast move from alpha to final product.
Wikileaks is ofcourse an important milestone.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:13:40 PM

It has been a while since I bought any Monero but I could not resist at these prices.
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:19:40 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 04:34:22 PM by Aby Normal

Wow, according to info below we'll have a Prestashop plugin for XMR payments  Smiley

Monero Integrations Updates #7

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6tgxng/monero_integrations_updates_7/

I've already installed BTC payment gateway for prestashop on few places, can't wait to add Monero - FYI prestashop is one of the most popular free POS platforms for retail and online shop, this could be bigger news for XMR than wikileaks, ledger or Indian fiat exchange  Cool
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:06:25 PM

what a fucking shitcoin

rip

Like how you criticize the minor stuff, but not a peep about the RingCT 2.0 paper, which will fix Monero's bloat problem, as well as massively increase the anonymity set at the same time. Dimwit troll alert. I remember when Monero used to have trolls with more than two brain cells to rub together, but now we have to make do with this. Oh well.

Hey, I hope RingCT 2.0 happens, HW wallet too (although I'd be surprised to see finished code anytime soon). But I don't see anything here that will drive the price up in the short to medium run. If so, the price in BTC risks falling down to the old price range of 0.0017-0.0040. If that happens some slightly enlightened soul will probably just fork this into a new coin with a new community willing to do what it takes to get all the pieces in place. I seem to remember Fluffyponzi saying something about monero being a research project. I had no idea how literal he was.

Oh, and regarding your disappointment in troll quality. Top Trolls don't waste their time on lower tier shitcoins. I've never been much of a fan, but a lot of people I respect believe in this coin (or at least they did until the fluffyponzi stunt). I'm kinda awestruck at how little is done to attract new users. GUI wallet needs to be polished and everyone here needs to kiss some serious ledger ass to get that hw wallet support asap (The friggin Trezor drama was amazeballs stupid) or this coin will die. If these things fall into place, and market cap and liquidity gets a bump up, it can find some real use cases in finance. If not it will lose to an xmr clone, or even zcash. That's if it hasn't lost already to Dash (yeez!).

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:28:25 PM

what a fucking shitcoin

rip

Hey, I hope RingCT 2.0 happens, HW wallet too (although I'd be surprised to see finished code anytime soon). But I don't see anything here that will drive the price up in the short to medium run. If so, the price in BTC risks falling down to the old price range of 0.0017-0.0040. If that happens some slightly enlightened soul will probably just fork this into a new coin with a new community willing to do what it takes to get all the pieces in place. I seem to remember Fluffyponzi saying something about monero being a research project. I had no idea how literal he was.

Oh, and regarding your disappointment in troll quality. Top Trolls don't waste their time on lower tier shitcoins. I've never been much of a fan, but a lot of people I respect believe in this coin (or at least they did until the fluffyponzi stunt). I'm kinda awestruck at how little is done to attract new users. GUI wallet needs to be polished and everyone here needs to kiss some serious ledger ass to get that hw wallet support asap (The friggin Trezor drama was amazeballs stupid) or this coin will die. If these things fall into place, and market cap and liquidity gets a bump up, it can find some real use cases in finance. If not it will lose to an xmr clone, or even zcash. That's if it hasn't lost already to Dash (yeez!).

Now that's a perfect example of simpleton troll fud, calling Monero a lower tier coin and spicing it up by saying how little work has been done with a pinch of dash and zec promoting ...
They usually do that when they place their bids low, we'll prolly see more of similar BS in coming days  Undecided
sui_generis

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

I seem to remember Fluffyponzi saying something about monero being a research project. I had no idea how literal he was.

lolwut? All cryptocurrencies are research projects, and you're absolutely clueless if you want to argue otherwise. Bitcoin is a research project, certainly one that's more far along, but it's far from complete. Yes, Bitcoin has more "real" usage, but if traditional systems are an elephant, Bitcoin is a mouse and Monero a grasshopper. So what are you acting all haughty about? The outcome is far from decided.

As for your Fluffypony complaints, I didn't like his stunt, but his contributions to this project have FAR, FAR outweighed the harm.

Monero dead? Keep dreaming, the Monero community (as measured by Reddit subscribers, not a perfect metric, but still useful) is growing at about 10% a month!
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:36:47 PM

what a fucking shitcoin

rip

Now that's a perfect example of simpleton troll fud, calling Monero a lower tier coin and spicing it up by saying how little work has been done with a pinch of dash and zec promoting ...
They usually do that when they place their bids low, we'll prolly see more of similar BS in coming days  Undecided

Yeah, criticism is fud. Gotcha!

I seem to remember Fluffyponzi saying something about monero being a research project. I had no idea how literal he was.

lolwut? All cryptocurrencies are research projects, and you're absolutely clueless if you want to argue otherwise. Bitcoin is a research project, certainly one that's more far along, but it's far from complete. Yes, Bitcoin has more "real" usage, but if traditional systems are an elephant, Bitcoin is a mouse and Monero a grasshopper. So what are you acting all haughty about? The outcome is far from decided.

As for your Fluffypony complaints, I didn't like his stunt, but his contributions to this project have FAR, FAR outweighed the harm.

We'll see. XMR isn't a smart contract platform. It needs traders to keep the wheels spinning.

sui_generis

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:47:13 PM

Criticism is one thing, but your posts are more accurately described as indiscriminately shitting all over the place. Don't see the need for the negative attitude in your posts either. Guessing your got burned by that Fluffy pump. Like I said, I wasn't happy with it either, but Fluffypony hardly defines the entire project.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

Criticism is one thing, but your posts are more accurately described as indiscriminately shitting all over the place. Don't see the need for the negative attitude in your posts either. Guessing your got burned by that Fluffy pump. Like I said, I wasn't happy with it either, but Fluffypony hardly defines the entire project.

sry, didn't know the xmr community was such a delicate flower

you hide it well

paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:15:37 PM

They usually do that when they place their bids low, we'll prolly see more of similar BS in coming days  Undecided

Yeah, criticism is fud. Gotcha!

Maybe if you made constructive criticism people could work with it? You basically  just said that you don't think that current developments like  multisig, mobile wallets, kovri and the recent problems with tracing bitcoin transaction/blacklisting/darknetmarket busts will have any positive impact on XMR in the short/medium term, without explaining why.

Then you say monero is a lower tier shitcoin without really explaining why. Of course the community is trying to attract new users (GUI development, Mobile wallet development, informative videos and presentation, meetups, etc). Or do you mean it is a shitcoin because it doesn't try to pull wool over the eyes of the people like dash/zcash/eth and a lot of other projects are doing?

We'll see. XMR isn't a smart contract platform. It needs traders to keep the wheels spinning.

Which smart contract platform doesn't need traders to keep the wheels spinning? Sure, smart contracts are a nice idea and will be useful in the future, but do we really "need" them in the short/medium term? Do you really think a fungible currency like XMR is useless right now?  
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: