Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:27:30 PM

So, someone just stated in the Polo trollbox that CoinBase had announce Monero support which has started a nice little uptick in pricing.  I can't find any evidence to prove it so, I'm sure it was someone just talking their book.

Anyway, the question I have is if/when they do add USD/XMR pair how many Monero will they have to have on hand in inventory to even start trading?  I would think it would be substantial, so shouldn't we expect that they are looking to accumulate now or at least soon if they haven't already started?

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:29:52 PM

Well, the german speaking are thinking of something like this  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:02:54 PM

So, someone just stated in the Polo trollbox that CoinBase had announce Monero support which has started a nice little uptick in pricing.  I can't find any evidence to prove it so, I'm sure it was someone just talking their book.

Anyway, the question I have is if/when they do add USD/XMR pair how many Monero will they have to have on hand in inventory to even start trading?  I would think it would be substantial, so shouldn't we expect that they are looking to accumulate now or at least soon if they haven't already started?

Thoughts?

I'd be very surprised if Coinbase announced XMR adoption now, and at least for a few more months. They would be advised to ride the downtrend to find the bottom and accumulate accordingly.

Gut feeling says that Monero and Litecoin will be announced together, probably in March sometime.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:09:03 PM

Die deutschen Bären

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:10:54 PM

Still waiting on that Jaxx announcement. If what Anthony from Jaxx said is true, XMR should be accepted this week:

https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/817490858039767041
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:40:49 PM

Well, the german speaking are thinking of something like this  Grin

Die deutschen Bären
Nah manchmal besser als Bulle (;-)

btw: speculate on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/5oaplz/purchase_order_for_gov_employees_monitoring_the/

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
zoose

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:28:59 AM

Thoughts?

I'd be very surprised if Coinbase announced XMR adoption now, and at least for a few more months. They would be advised to ride the downtrend to find the bottom and accumulate accordingly.

Gut feeling says that Monero and Litecoin will be announced together, probably in March sometime.

XMR & LTC on Coinbase? Do you have any proof of this?

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:31:55 AM

Both XMR and Litecoin being added would not be surprising. Coinbase has said that they want to add multiple coins in the future, and both of these coins will probably be eventually added.
I feel like you are right and the 3-4 month timetable would be appropriate.

Many rumors about Jaxx being released in the next day or two. Wondering if this will have any effect on the price.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:44:20 AM

Thoughts?

XMR & LTC on Coinbase? Do you have any proof of this?

Fluffypony went to coinbase last week ,i doubt it was for no reason  Wink
nanobrain
Legendary

Dumb broad

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:07:30 AM

@LennyCarl - don't take any 'predictions' you see here as in any way accurate or reliable -- especially mine.  I try my best looking at the chart and using the TA knowledge I've picked up over the last 4 years of doing this.  But the landscape changes so quickly (the events coming out of China this last week or so is a good example) and crypto prices are hyper-sensitive to sentiment and/or news.

But be especially wary of those who use these tools and lay claim to expertise - they are really dangerous.

@Febo.  No, I meant USD.  Over the last month XMR smashed through its ATH (when valued against USD) but you'd hardly have noticed if you'd read these pages because it was masked by BTC rise.  Instead we continue to judge alts value against BTC because of bizarre idealogical reasons based on predictions the global economy will collapse any day soon.  

A bit like the bloke who wanders through the street claiming the end of the world is nigh, crypto is obsessed with financial Armageddon.  I've been on these boards for four years now and the end of days is always being predicted (given traditional financial markets move in seven year cycles there's never a crisis too far away.)

And of course the ultimate contradiction is that BTC is constantly valued against the USD.  Traditional currencies may well be used and abused but I don't see why they are a good enough benchmark for BTC but not for XMR.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:00:23 AM

@LennyCarl - don't take any 'predictions' you see here as in any way accurate or reliable -- especially mine.  I try my best looking at the chart and using the TA knowledge I've picked up over the last 4 years of doing this.  But the landscape changes so quickly (the events coming out of China this last week or so is a good example) and crypto prices are hyper-sensitive to sentiment and/or news.

But be especially wary of those who use these tools and lay claim to expertise - they are really dangerous.

@Febo.  No, I meant USD.  Over the last month XMR smashed through its ATH (when valued against USD) but you'd hardly have noticed if you'd read these pages because it was masked by BTC rise.  Instead we continue to judge alts value against BTC because of bizarre idealogical reasons based on predictions the global economy will collapse any day soon.  

A bit like the bloke who wanders through the street claiming the end of the world is nigh, crypto is obsessed with financial Armageddon.  I've been on these boards for four years now and the end of days is always being predicted (given traditional financial markets move in seven year cycles there's never a crisis too far away.)

And of course the ultimate contradiction is that BTC is constantly valued against the USD.  Traditional currencies may well be used and abused but I don't see why they are a good enough benchmark for BTC but not for XMR.

Anyone that has any understanding of the real world knows USD will be here far longer than we will. The largest military presence the world has ever know backs USD, It's pretty damn safe. The guy with the biggest stick makes the rules no matter how civilized we want to think we are.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
zoose

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:20:08 AM

Anyone that has any understanding of the real world knows USD will be here far longer than we will. The largest military presence the world has ever know backs USD, It's pretty damn safe. The guy with the biggest stick makes the rules no matter how civilized we want to think we are.

I agree with that. But there is room for other players.

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:41:33 AM

Finally some upward traction

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:55:40 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 10:05:29 AM by obit33

don't agree, it's pretty obvious the reserve-currency status of the USD is being hollowed out by a new axis of countries who have only one choice: work together or be obedient to the US... China, Russia and Iran will work together more and more, more and more the USD will be shunned for international trade. Silk road 2.0, AIIB, SGE, ... bilateral oil-trades.

Where was the US-military in Syria btw? Right, it were the Russians who called the shots... US may have the biggest stick, it won't take on China, Russia and Iran together. In addition we might also see a pivot from Europe to Asia... If the US has no friends left, they can forget it... the unipolar world is finished.

The neocon US-policy overplayed its hand, and its deathbed is made. This is a nice summary I think: http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/12/19/geopolitics-globalization-and-world-order.html

not saying the USD will be dead tomorrow, but if you have another decade to live I'm pretty sure you will live to see its reserve-status finished... and rightly so...

best regards

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:15:13 AM

It's probably simply because of Polo being where most XMR is traded.  Polo is effectively an exchange where BTC is traded for alts and vice versa.  Everything there is seen in the context of its price relative to BTC.   Gains and losses are counted in BTC.

Anyone holding XMR as a long term investment should of course be thinking of its ultimate fiat value, since if you want to cash in your investment's value to spend, you will be looking at its value in fiat.

Of course the USD price matters and very few are watching it.  The fact we went over the USD ATH and very few here even seemed to notice is proof of this and IMHO totally daft.  

我想要火箭和火车
elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:26:35 AM

Die deutschen Bären

Dann kommen eeh wieder die Bullen  Cheesy

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:26:54 AM

Ohne Bären keine Bullen  Shocked Grin

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:47:13 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 12:05:07 PM by Febo

don't agree, it's pretty obvious the reserve-currency status of the USD is being hollowed out by a new axis of countries who have only one choice: work together or be obedient to the US... China, Russia and Iran will work together more and more, more and more the USD will be shunned for international trade. Silk road 2.0, AIIB, SGE, ... bilateral oil-trades.

Where was the US-military in Syria btw? Right, it were the Russians who called the shots... US may have the biggest stick, it won't take on China, Russia and Iran together. In addition we might also see a pivot from Europe to Asia... If the US has no friends left, they can forget it... the unipolar world is finished.

USA will less try to do things on their own. Not saying they are doing it. But You cant expect that just everyone will gang against them. Also is hard to expect others will gang at all, but more likely oppose each other. What bothered me in your post most was Iran. Iran is not a huge force. And with less and less importance of Oil will be even less important. What I see most neglects is India. India will first become biggest country, then strongest economy and last strongest military. All this will happen in this century. Europe is still there, but losing power so as Japan. Beside Brazil and Mexico which rare count as one of strongest countries, upcoming countries are also Indonesia and Nigeria.

nanobrain
Legendary

Dumb broad

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:01:12 PM

@LennyCarl - don't take any 'predictions' you see here as in any way accurate or reliable -- especially mine.  I try my best looking at the chart and using the TA knowledge I've picked up over the last 4 years of doing this.  But the landscape changes so quickly (the events coming out of China this last week or so is a good example) and crypto prices are hyper-sensitive to sentiment and/or news.

@Febo.  No, I meant USD.  Over the last month XMR smashed through its ATH (when valued against USD) but you'd hardly have noticed if you'd read these pages because it was masked by BTC rise.  Instead we continue to judge alts value against BTC because of bizarre idealogical reasons based on predictions the global economy will collapse any day soon. 

A bit like the bloke who wanders through the street claiming the end of the world is nigh, crypto is obsessed with financial Armageddon.  I've been on these boards for four years now and the end of days is always being predicted (given traditional financial markets move in seven year cycles there's never a crisis too far away.)

And of course the ultimate contradiction is that BTC is constantly valued against the USD.  Traditional currencies may well be used and abused but I don't see why they are a good enough benchmark for BTC but not for XMR.

Saying that we are heading into some uncharted waters with Trump thinking he can take on China in some sort of trade war or challenge the one china policy.

To the best of my knowledge China essentially owns the USA by way of bonds issued over the last ten years or so ie it has been Chinese investment that enabled the US to recover from the GFC.  If China decides to 'cash in' those bonds then the US and its economy goes down the sink hole.  I assume that is what the PBC meant today when it said Trump would be "shooting himself in the foot" if he decided to challenge China over...well, pretty much anything.

CryptoPH

Activity: 161

<3 Crypto

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:07:01 PM

USA will less try to do things on their own. Not saying they are doing it. But You cant expect that just everyone will gang against them. Also is hard to expect others will gang at all, but more likely oppose each other. What bothered me in your post most was Iran. Iran is not a huge force. And with less and less importance of Oil will be even less important. What I see most neglects is India. India will first become biggest country, then strongest economy and last strongest military. All this will happen in this century. Europe is still there, but losing power so as Japan. Beside Brazil and Mexico which rare count as one of strongest countries, upcoming countries are also Indonesia and Nigeria.

I couldn't agree more!  Cool

i

Pages: « 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: