Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:40:08 PM

i do not understand but assume its relevant, since i miss the information to dismiss its relevancy for now.

has xmr been stolen (as he claims) ?
have paperwallets (with many coins inside) been destroyed ?

Indeed it was claimed that XMR was stolen. Perhaps that would be relevant. The lost and/or damaged paper wallets, I believe, were claimed to be BTC, but I'm not positive.

I've seen no independent nor verifiable evidence of any of this (in fact none at all), nor any refuting it. It could be true, I have no idea.

What is factual is that debts are unpaid, including a small one to me (but much larger ones to others).

There are better threads for this discussion if you want to continue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:01:18 PM

All coins are green so is Monero. Does that means Monero is Altcoin again?
Monero has always been an altcoin. The only reason why people might not think of it as an altcoin is because it has it’s own unique features and user base; so it’s not cut-throat competition like most other altcoins.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:17:13 PM

This went viral - it shows 30 pageloads per second. I think the song  is about XMR tbh Wink

See how fast the Global Repeats is growing when you hit the Your Repeats (such as letting it start again).

Finally busted you scamming piece of euro trash. Why don't you just fuck off.

For anyone that doesn't know, this guy has been manipulating the market for years and ran a massive scam on the community through a game that was supposed to support the eco system but cost a shitload of members their investments to the tune of at least 500BTC from what I have read.

In my opinion, the monero will fall and fall and go into oblivion, the capitalization of $ 30 million

That is because you are a moron, But you are entitled to your opinion even when it's wrong.

This is more my speed https://youtu.be/-0kcet4aPpQ

Hell yeah! Mine as well. Did you know they are now classifying Floyd as Psychedelic rock? I've done my share and a little more than that. Smiley

I am pretty relaxed ...

Glad you are feeling relaxed.  But looks like you are also wrong.

Yet, we may self-interestedly encourage such wrongness, on the theory that his loss is our gain, as for example:

TrueCryptonaire, I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sign me up.

So you got stolen your CK funds and now you are held liable for this?

Just follow the links in his feedback, all the info is there.

Let's try not to veer too far off topic. Fraudulent fractional reserve scams and unpaid debts aren't directly related to Monero speculation

Actually it is relevant as this was a marketing decision to help create the ecosystem which is an intrgal part of speculation. Not commenting on this would be akin to not commenting on the adoption from the dark Markets.

Although I am of the opinion that the impact will be small on the ecosystem and by extension the price as those that got scammed are from what I can see the majority of long term holders that will not be put off of XMR because of this.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cryptogasm

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:38:50 PM

Price prediction for XMR for the next 6 hours?
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:42:22 PM

Actually it is relevant as this was a marketing decision to help create the ecosystem which is an intrgal part of speculation. Not commenting on this would be akin to not commenting on the adoption from the dark Markets.

Although I am of the opinion that the impact will be small on the ecosystem and by extension the price as those that got scammed are from what I can see the majority of long term holders that will not be put off of XMR because of this.

I would like to clarify that the XMR part of the game remains fully solvent (although most players with XMR balance have withdrawn now). The debt comes from rpietila creating BTC (B1) in-game that was not deposited with a third party, then delaying withdrawals and now claiming to have it stolen.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:00:43 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 07:20:05 PM by ArticMine

I would like to clarify that the XMR part of the game remains fully solvent (although most players with XMR balance have withdrawn now). The debt comes from rpietila creating BTC (B1) in-game that was not deposited with a third party, then delaying withdrawals and now claiming to have it stolen.

Not just XBT (B1) but also EUR (E1). Let us continue this discussion in the proper thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1890786.msg18782403#msg18782403

Edit 1: I should point that this happened only after Crypto Kingdom stopped using an in game currency that was fully backed by XMR, or in other words once Crypto Kingdom was moved of the "Monero Standard".  

Edit 2: This whole affair only serves to illustrate the value of "hard money" such as precious metals or Monero, Bitcoin etc., where the money supply cannot be increased at will, by a "central banker".

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:44:20 PM

I feel lucky for a change, if it had been a bit less complicated I was in.

Phil
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:24:11 PM

Not just XBT (B1) but also EUR (E1). Let us continue this discussion in the proper thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1890786.msg18782403#msg18782403

Edit 1: I should point that this happened only after Crypto Kingdom stopped using an in game currency that was fully backed by XMR, or in other words once Crypto Kingdom was moved of the "Monero Standard".  

Edit 2: This whole affair only serves to illustrate the value of "hard money" such as precious metals or Monero, Bitcoin etc., where the money supply cannot be increased at will, by a "central banker".

Thanks for the clarification and info guys, it was quite apparent what was going on when he starting trying to shill his token with promises beyond reality.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

it was quite apparent what was going on when he starting trying to shill his token with promises beyond reality.

While I do believe from what i have read that Risto has defaulted on some obligations, from what I know of him elsewhere, I suspect the principal deceptions were self-deceptions.  It seems likely that the dissonance between his honorable intentions and the outcome of some earlier unwise decisions is creating internal stresses under which one might easily crumble.  Such times test men's souls.  Clearly, from the red, he will not escape with reputation intact.  I do hope he can come out the other side with his moral integrity and his health intact.  Creditors should wisely will themselves to agree, as without them their haircuts are likely to be close to the skin indeed.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:36:15 AM

it was quite apparent what was going on when he starting trying to shill his token with promises beyond reality.

While I do believe from what i have read that Risto has defaulted on some obligations, from what I know of him elsewhere, I suspect the principal deceptions were self-deceptions.  It seems likely that the dissonance between his honorable intentions and the outcome of some earlier unwise decisions is creating internal stresses under which one might easily crumble.  Such times test men's souls.  Clearly, from the red, he will not escape with reputation intact.  I do hope he can come out the other side with his moral integrity and his health intact.  Creditors should wisely will themselves to agree, as without them their haircuts are likely to be close to the skin indeed.

This reflects well my own thoughts.  From the beginning I have been worried that CK could end up a liability.   Looks like it sort of did.

The elephant in the room is the possibility that RP still holds 100s of K of monero...  under these new circumstances what can we expect?

Fuel for speculation indeed...
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:12:59 AM

I have always felt risto thought he was above the common man and he has said so himself so I am in no way surprised as I watched him manipulate people when trying to acquire or unload. I have not had personal contact so I could be way off base but this is my opinion and we all know what they are worth. I do hope he gets help and makes everyone whole but I do not see that coming anytime soon. I also think he is hiding behind this mental issue as a way to cover up his deceitful actions.

This reflects well my own thoughts.  From the beginning I have been worried that CK could end up a liability.   Looks like it sort of did.

The elephant in the room is the possibility that RP still holds 100s of K of monero...  under these new circumstances what can we expect?

Personally I think this coin can weather anything now including a complete dump of those coins and we both know he is not stupid so he will not dump them without getting every cent he can wrangle out of them so I have no fear of more damage than just the fact that he was a figurehead of the project. That should be a lesson that you do not follow whales and put them on pedestals. I never understood why people did in the first place. Like I said in the other thread, if this had happened say a year ago it could have crippled the project and it might never have reached the heights it has ever but now it is just a small bump in the road. But if he does dump then it would surely prove his instability, So come on Risto Dump that shit on all of us that are not groveling at your feet already.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:38:03 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 04:31:47 AM by smooth

Let's try not to veer too far off topic. Fraudulent fractional reserve scams and unpaid debts aren't directly related to Monero speculation

Good point and the subsequent discussions have demonstrated the relevance. I stand corrected.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:01:47 AM

I have always felt risto thought he was above the common man and he has said so himself so I am in no way surprised as I watched him manipulate people when trying to acquire or unload. I have not had personal contact so I could be way off base but this is my opinion and we all know what they are worth. I do hope he gets help and makes everyone whole but I do not see that coming anytime soon. I also think he is hiding behind this mental issue as a way to cover up his deceitful actions.

Personally I think this coin can weather anything now including a complete dump of those coins and we both know he is not stupid so he will not dump them without getting every cent he can wrangle out of them so I have no fear of more damage than just the fact that he was a figurehead of the project. That should be a lesson that you do not follow whales and put them on pedestals. I never understood why people did in the first place. Like I said in the other thread, if this had happened say a year ago it could have crippled the project and it might never have reached the heights it has ever but now it is just a small bump in the road. But if he does dump then it would surely prove his instability, So come on Risto Dump that shit on all of us that are not groveling at your feet already.

Very nice post! And I admit I was influenced by his reputation and XMR price predictions last year and have learned a lesson (he may be a good guy but is fucking up left and right). All good now for me, though.

It's funny, I was away for a 1 week camping trip with no internet and it was nice. Don't understand how you whales stay in the game and stress yourselves out(?)!
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:26:24 AM

I know its trivial in light of the fact this is a thread about XMR price speculation: but for the record XMR has just smashed the ATH in terms of USD and the buy/sell ratio (while clearly manipulated) looks very healthy, suggesting the next week is going to be extremely positive.

Of course, it could all just be about Risto....

bovcan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:29:57 AM

for the record XMR has just smashed the ATH in terms of USD

According to Trading View chart, USD ATH js about $27.75, so still a ways to go to reach that level again.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:47:19 AM

buy/sell ratio (while clearly manipulated) looks very healthy

My rule of thumb has been that the equilibrium price in a sideways market is roughly 2*bids/offers.  During a FOMO run it goes to about 3*, and during a panic it goes to about 1*.  There are numerous reasons why such an estimation should be deemed specious, with trivial manipulability prominent among them. Nonetheless, it has served my thumb well, in the rough, historically.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:10:00 AM

According to Trading View chart, USD ATH js about $27.75, so still a ways to go to reach that level again.

Trading view chart is deceiving you, I think.  This is a new ATH.  Using bitfinex' gox-ed numeraire pricing perhaps?

mfgex

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:16:50 AM

you're looking at is in terms of USDT, and not USD.  USDT = ~0.93USD.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:43:20 AM

I know its trivial in light of the fact this is a thread about XMR price speculation: but for the record XMR has just smashed the ATH in terms of USD and the buy/sell ratio (while clearly manipulated) looks very healthy, suggesting the next week is going to be extremely positive.

Of course, it could all just be about Risto....

I think the bitcoin price is more important. It means it is taking more market share from bitcoin.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:10:24 PM

I think the bitcoin price is more important. It means it is taking more market share from bitcoin.

Depends if you're trading/gambling to try and use alts to build up your bitcoin stash, or investing long term in the overall crypto-currency concept.

Pricing in dollars is basically a measure of the total value that *all* crypto, combined, is absorbing from the old-world, dying, fiat-currency global system.

Both measurements are important...

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Pages: « 1 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: