Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 02:16:38 PM

Does anybody know where we can check the data on Monero and how much it's being used by DNM's atm?  Just wondering if it's trending higher...

At a guess I'd say not much otherwise the price would have held steady.
Did they all go underground?

It's better that that is not an eco system that is relied upon as it just gives ammo to the haters.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 03:25:54 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 04:41:31 PM by Febo

Does anybody know where we can check the data on Monero and how much it's being used by DNM's atm?  Just wondering if it's trending higher...

Someone made good research like a year or two ago it was not hard to find it back then with google, but right now I cant find it. But is probably outdated anyway.   As I know a lot of dark markets was taken down this year and they had a lot DDOS attacks. Of course past teach us that new will always pop up and be even stronger.   Dark markets will never have much of an impact on Monero transactions. Biggest impact will have regular people trying to keep their wealth secure.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:45:16 PM

Does anybody know where we can check the data on Monero and how much it's being used by DNM's atm?  Just wondering if it's trending higher...

Not that I use them (I actually really don't (like that would be something anyone would believe (oh God, I am getting lost inside a parenthetical alternative universe)))...

But I keep an eye on dark net markets mostly out of curiosity.  Wall Street Market was shut down this summer, but XMR was a preferred crypto there and most vendors took it.  Some even had special discounts for XMR users.  I saw someone who ran a cannabis gummy XMR sale regularly.

Currently the biggest DNMs are probably: Empire, Tochka, Berlusconi, Nightmare, and Cryptonia.

All of those take XMR.

I am a libertarian.  But to be honest I do not think this use of XMR is what makes it important.  I just think it is a natural side effect of it being one of the truly useful digital currencies.  I am also one of the probably few old school crypto people who does NOT see Ross Ulbricht as a hero.  I see him as a criminal (but his sentence is ridiculous).  Almost all other projects are garbage at worst and well-meaning testnets at best.  I am looking forward to XMR continuing to shed it's darknet reputation and being seen for the privacy preserving tour de force that it is.

That said, there is no doubt it is THE trusted privacy currency on the dark web.  People probably still use Bitcoin more and are fools for it IMHO.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:09:32 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Does anybody know where we can check the data on Monero and how much it's being used by DNM's atm?  Just wondering if it's trending higher...

Not that I use them (I actually really don't (like that would be something anyone would believe (oh God, I am getting lost inside a parenthetical alternative universe)))...

But I keep an eye on dark net markets mostly out of curiosity.  Wall Street Market was shut down this summer, but XMR was a preferred crypto there and most vendors took it.  Some even had special discounts for XMR users.  I saw someone who ran a cannabis gummy XMR sale regularly.

Currently the biggest DNMs are probably: Empire, Tochka, Berlusconi, Nightmare, and Cryptonia.

All of those take XMR.

I am a libertarian.  But to be honest I do not think this use of XMR is what makes it important.  I just think it is a natural side effect of it being one of the truly useful digital currencies.  I am also one of the probably few old school crypto people who does NOT see Ross Ulbricht as a hero.  I see him as a criminal (but his sentence is ridiculous).  Almost all other projects are garbage at worst and well-meaning testnets at best.  I am looking forward to XMR continuing to shed it's darknet reputation and being seen for the privacy preserving tour de force that it is.

That said, there is no doubt it is THE trusted privacy currency on the dark web.  People probably still use Bitcoin more and are fools for it IMHO.

stop pulling fluffy pony line like he's not in cahoots with leo..just look at this jackass crypto friends it's outright creepy :\ fuck off wheres the OP for satoshi sake!!? hmm i call bs.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:21:53 PM

stop pulling fluffy pony line like he's not in cahoots with leo..just look at this jackass crypto friends it's outright creepy :\ fuck off wheres the OP for satoshi sake!!? hmm i call bs.

Lol, this is funny. I've never heard of it before. I'm not going to waste the time watching that vid though. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVDsIYJBQ_C7Bh_aI3ZMxQ

They should put out a My Little Pony Monero themed wallet for the kids to learn on.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gembitz

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 02:40:41 PM

Lol, this is funny. I've never heard of it before. I'm not going to waste the time watching that vid though. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVDsIYJBQ_C7Bh_aI3ZMxQ

They should put out a My Little Pony Monero themed wallet for the kids to learn on.

"My Little Creepy coin developers"  would be more appropriate !!  Grin Cheesy Smiley you nailed it.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 05:55:02 PM

gembitz = My little cancer

Lonely and jealous, everyone say ahhh

Ahhh yes, i generally regret hitting the view post button on this one. Smiley

gembitz

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:51:03 PM

gembitz = My little cancer

Lonely and jealous, everyone say ahhh

imo charlie lee is more creepy than fluffy pony wrangler.. charlie ree is in league with craig wright whereas he loves to block people on twitter who call him out on his bullshit! Cool meh

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 07:52:02 AM

Enough personal and character attacks having nothing to do with Monero Speculation.

I'm not going to bother deleting the replies for now (but forum mods still might). If it continues I'll start hitting the delete button.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2019, 01:15:15 PM

Since most of you guys who hang out in the Monero ANN thread hang out here too, I'll just post this here in speculation.  Auction for serials 1-10 and donations/winning bids can be made to current/future CCS proposals or to the general dev fund.

Hope to see some of y'all there. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183714.new#new
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 02:50:11 PM

But I keep an eye on dark net markets mostly out of curiosity.  Wall Street Market was shut down this summer, but XMR was a preferred crypto there and most vendors took it.  Some even had special discounts for XMR users.  I saw someone who ran a cannabis gummy XMR sale regularly.

All of those take XMR.

I am a libertarian.  But to be honest I do not think this use of XMR is what makes it important.  I just think it is a natural side effect of it being one of the truly useful digital currencies.  I am also one of the probably few old school crypto people who does NOT see Ross Ulbricht as a hero.  I see him as a criminal (but his sentence is ridiculous).  Almost all other projects are garbage at worst and well-meaning testnets at best.  I am looking forward to XMR continuing to shed it's darknet reputation and being seen for the privacy preserving tour de force that it is.

That said, there is no doubt it is THE trusted privacy currency on the dark web.  People probably still use Bitcoin more and are fools for it IMHO.

Without really getting into all the moral and philosophical stuff, I just want to know if XMR's use is trending at DNM's or where to get the data.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 05:18:24 PM

All of those take XMR.

Without really getting into all the moral and philosophical stuff, I just want to know if XMR's use is trending at DNM's or where to get the data.

Well my own method would be to create accounts at DNMs and do the due diligence.  I am not sure who, aside from 3 letter agencies, is compiling stats for DNMs. But one should only do this with the clear understanding that one is wading into questionable waters.

To be honest I do not think looking at things on a DNM is illegal where I live, but I am not a lawyer in my country not to mention the other ones in the world. I would however guess that ordering many things from a DNM *is* illegal in most jurisdictions.

I believe there are also reddit forums concerning these things.  One could do DD there too.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 05:53:51 PM

Monero Defcon27 Village - Foundations of Digital Money (Daniel Kim, PhD, MBA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FkL5eXam8

I posted this a month ago with all other talks that day of Monero Defcon27 Village. If I remember right slides did not work back then. So here is full presentation. For those that hang in this thread for years is nothing new, but fro those join crypto in recent years and new to Monero is a must see. Also a really good source to convince a skeptic why crypto and specially Monero is important.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 01:23:15 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2019, 05:03:00 PM by KeyJockey

Monero Defcon27 Village - Foundations of Digital Money (Daniel Kim, PhD, MBA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FkL5eXam8

I posted this a month ago with all other talks that day of Monero Defcon27 Village. If I remember right slides did not work back then. So here is full presentation. For those that hang in this thread for years is nothing new, but fro those join crypto in recent years and new to Monero is a must see. Also a really good source to convince a skeptic why crypto and specially Monero is important.

Thanks for posting that link again Febo... good material, reference source info to keep on hand etc.

Jesus WHY in GOD'S name have I not EVER yet been to a DEFCON?

I was actually gonna GO this year finally, but then... still didn't.  Why?  WTF is wrong with me?  LOL

Gonna go NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!  Mark my words.  Yeah.  Who's with me..........? ? ? ?  Aaaaaaahhhh ........  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eX3fiQLo84

Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:42:31 PM

I forgot how it ended. Now when I watched again I had to make a screenshot of it:

gembitz

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 03:10:41 PM

Cheesy Grin Kiss Sad Roll Eyes Cry

ONLY MEMES CAN SAVE CRYPTO!!

gembitz

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 03:16:01 PM

Enough personal and character attacks having nothing to do with Monero Speculation.

I'm not going to bother deleting the replies for now (but forum mods still might). If it continues I'll start hitting the delete button.

CEOs' and lead devs' who are known "celebrities" are open game, freedom of speech bro!!  Grin *you new here?* WHERE'S MONERO OP? HMMM ~didn't think so...lol

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:35:52 PM

CEOs' and lead devs' who are known "celebrities" are open game, freedom of speech bro!!  Grin *you new here?* WHERE'S MONERO OP? HMMM ~didn't think so...lol

Wait, what?  Huh

Srsly are you asking if SMOOTH, is... "new" here?  Smooth??  LOLz

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 07:05:37 PM

Wait, what?  Huh

Srsly are you asking if SMOOTH, is... "new" here?  Smooth??  LOLz

IMO, just ignore him and be thankful for the free bumps.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:13:27 PM

So interesting.

1.  XMR is acting like a damn stablecoin.

2.  We have seen what seems to me to be an interesting correlation between XMR and BTC.   
Pages: « 1 ... 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: