Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 [2165] 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312362 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 04:06:49 AM

Up and Up, its about time.

Weak hands shaken out?

No more naked shorting?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 04:30:54 AM

Weak hands shaken out?

No more naked shorting?

About time.  For me, the compound with the rising USD is thick icing on the cake  Cool
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 01:30:07 PM

Weak hands shaken out?

No more naked shorting?

I don’t think there are exchanges in crypto that allows naked shorting.  Lol.  Everything is backed with the USD or the coins in your account as collateral.

But yeah...  It’s nice to see XMR trend back up again.  Hoping to see 500 to recoup some losses made in trading.  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 02:12:27 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Weak hands shaken out?

No more naked shorting?

I don’t think there are exchanges in crypto that allows naked shorting.  Lol.  Everything is backed with the USD or the coins in your account as collateral.

But yeah...  It’s nice to see XMR trend back up again.  Hoping to see 500 to recoup some losses made in trading.  Grin

The exchanges themselves can naked short.  And I guarantee some of them do it, but it will be to their own demise.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 02:24:47 PM

Interesting little blast up on decent volume.  Hmm.

Is it the dawn of atomic swaps?  Some percentage of the billionaires piling into bitcoin seeing the pearl that is Monero as well? 

It looks to me like only coins that have a use case (or even a decent claim to one) are riding up with BTC right now.  It's mostly the old school alts. The next tier shitcoins (ala polkadot) all seem to be limp, while things like Binance Coin are headed up (NOT an endorsement of that thing... but it is a coin with an actual use).  Not sure about the whole defi circus as I cannot stand to look at that without throwing up.

I keep patiently waiting for the time that we finally hear the buzz of "Wow.. Monero was really undervalued for such a long time... how did we not see that this was going to be one of the big ones?"

I have been meaning to post one of my "Can you feel it?  I can." posts for days now.  So i missed out on looking smart... lol/  But I do STILL feel it... We are not done yet, I don't think.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 04:25:38 PM

I have been meaning to post one of my "Can you feel it?  I can." posts for days now.  So i missed out on looking smart... lol/  But I do STILL feel it... We are not done yet, I don't think.

I've felt we have been held back and that may be letting up a bit. I wonder if its the holders are getting their coins off exchanges and putting the squeeze of the fuckers manipulating shit is finally paying off.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 05:04:27 PM

I've felt we have been held back and that may be letting up a bit. I wonder if its the holders are getting their coins off exchanges and putting the squeeze of the fuckers manipulating shit is finally paying off.

I guess it's just because I have never really been a trader... but I have NEVER understood holding coins on an exchange or ANY service.  I did not do it with Mt Gox, I did not do it with Polo. I (almost) never did it anywhere.

Even Seals with Clubs.  I kept the minimum pittance there ~$10-20 worth so I could jump in a SnG from time to time, but all the rest?  Withdrawn EVERY SINGLE DAY.  If I was going to play anything over pennies I would have to wait on my deposit to clear.

I would never guess that this many exit scams, fractional reserves, and rug pulls would happen and people would still not learn.

Full disclosure- even as paranoid as I have been, even I DID get caught on one exchange going down... I had left a small balance which was super rare.  I was just not as careful as usual. Not much back then, but worth quite a bit now.  All the more reminder to me to NEVER leave a balance anywhere I do not hold the keys, and if I do?  I consider it lost already.  I think I have a 100k SAT balance on Wallet of Satoshi.  But that's like a couple $20s in my pocket.  If I lose it... well I left it there.

Monero is just SO CHEAP and easy to use.  It was not always so.  Cheap, yes, but easy?  Not like now.  There is just about zero excuse.  Your reason up there is compelling entirely without the safety/self sovereignty angle.  But this has been attempted many times (proof of keys).  Even though we can essentially force a massive short squeeze by withdrawing everything...

We never do.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 02:28:03 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

I guess it's just because I have never really been a trader... but I have NEVER understood holding coins on an exchange or ANY service.  I did not do it with Mt Gox, I did not do it with Polo. I (almost) never did it anywhere.

I lost coins on polo but its because I sent them back after they explicitly stated they would allow withdraw before kyc. Teach me to trust the fuckers. Cheesy

I would never guess that this many exit scams, fractional reserves, and rug pulls would happen and people would still not learn.

People want to trade and its just convenient to have the coins handy especially when exchanges are always going into maintenance mode on wallets when high volume hits.

Monero is just SO CHEAP and easy to use.  It was not always so.  Cheap, yes, but easy?  Not like now.  There is just about zero excuse.  Your reason up there is compelling entirely without the safety/self sovereignty angle.  But this has been attempted many times (proof of keys).  Even though we can essentially force a massive short squeeze by withdrawing everything...

We never do.

Luckily the Gov is doing it for us by scaring exchanges into delisting.

The word is out there and DEXes are popping up everywhere, not to mention AS so yeah the word is out there ban it off all exchanges and all that happens is they lose their Derivative market fuckery! Cheesy

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 02:58:04 PM

I lost coins on polo but its because I sent them back after they explicitly stated they would allow withdraw before kyc. Teach me to trust the fuckers. Cheesy

People want to trade and its just convenient to have the coins handy especially when exchanges are always going into maintenance mode on wallets when high volume hits.

We never do.

Luckily the Gov is doing it for us by scaring exchanges into delisting.

The word is out there and DEXes are popping up everywhere, not to mention AS so yeah the word is out there ban it off all exchanges and all that happens is they lose their Derivative market fuckery! Cheesy

Indeed!  And the cool thing is all the atomic swaps or DEX trading int he world cannot play tricks with the number if I am understanding it deeply enough.  Interesting time.

And look at little XMR bucking the field yet again.  The transaction volume is very weird/interesting.  It's hard for me to imagine explanations for all the fairly non-random actions on that chart...  Like the recent strong spike (10 days ago or so) with a gentle falling off to where we were... it's a very strange effect, all encased in a weekly rhythm which i think is most certainly corresponding with DNM activity.

No other coin looks like this.  BTC and ETH come closest.  It is a signature, in my opinion, for a project with actual commerce at the core.

See the difference?

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 04:10:43 PM

And look at little XMR bucking the field yet again.  The transaction volume is very weird/interesting.  It's hard for me to imagine explanations for all the fairly non-random actions on that chart...  Like the recent strong spike (10 days ago or so) with a gentle falling off to where we were... it's a very strange effect, all encased in a weekly rhythm which i think is most certainly corresponding with DNM activity.

No other coin looks like this.  BTC and ETH come closest.  It is a signature, in my opinion, for a project with actual commerce at the core.

See the difference?

Inverted bart on transaction volume, interesting. Smiley

I have no clue what that means but I would like to think its coins moving off exchanges in preparation of swaps.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 06:53:10 PM

See the difference?

Inverted bart on transaction volume, interesting. Smiley

I have no clue what that means but I would like to think its coins moving off exchanges in preparation of swaps.

Well it was a more than 20k transaction spike.  In one day.  And even weirder than the spike is the smooth drop.  It is still following that saw tooth pattern which is a faithful repeating patters of the most transactions happening on Monday and Tuesday, and the least on Saturday and Sunday. 

The spike and drop is interesting.  SOMETHING induced a 2x transaction jump.  In one day.  And from 1/12th to 1/6th of the amount of transactions bitcoin has... But even after dropping off... it stayed significantly higher.  As if something caused to heat up, and now it's cooling down.  But what causes that in a market?

The sawtooth is beautiful.  Coins that are traded on exchanges and used for speculation only do NOT have this sort of pattern as clearly.  Look at BCH.  It's basically a random walk.  This coin IS moved around more than Monero... but Monero follows a pattern that has been strengthening for over a year.  One that corresponds with the days the US Postal Service is delivering.  Or the days that vendors on online markets would take and process orders.  You want to get your stuff before the end of the week?  Better order it on Monday.  But no real use rushing to complete a purchase on a SAT or SUN... the vendors won't process it 'till Monday anyway.

So what are people doing with Bitcoin Cash?  Nothing really.

But the proof is on chain for Monero. Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 07:43:12 PM

The sawtooth is beautiful.  Coins that are traded on exchanges and used for speculation only do NOT have this sort of pattern as clearly.  Look at BCH.  It's basically a random walk.  This coin IS moved around more than Monero... but Monero follows a pattern that has been strengthening for over a year.  One that corresponds with the days the US Postal Service is delivering.  Or the days that vendors on online markets would take and process orders.  You want to get your stuff before the end of the week?  Better order it on Monday.  But no real use rushing to complete a purchase on a SAT or SUN... the vendors won't process it 'till Monday anyway.

So what are people doing with Bitcoin Cash?  Nothing really.

But the proof is on chain for Monero. Smiley

It is a thing of beauty!

Volume is still low on exchanges but has picked up massively from the trend so I am thinking this is the signal that there is no more cheap coins dribbling into whale bags. I gotta say I'm a little concerned who these whales are though as they are the only ones left on these kyc exchanges..

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 10:06:43 PM

It is a thing of beauty!

Volume is still low on exchanges but has picked up massively from the trend so I am thinking this is the signal that there is no more cheap coins dribbling into whale bags. I gotta say I'm a little concerned who these whales are though as they are the only ones left on these kyc exchanges..

That reminds me of something...

I have often thought, that since the IRS (and others) are so concerned about Monero privacy it would be feasible that they might try to sybil various aspects of the network.  Obviously the protocol itself is way ahead of almost anything other than TOR for privacy and things like dandelion++ make attacks on the protocol hard.

But a cryptocurrency is more than it's code, and protocol.  It is also it's community, it's users individually, the exchanges, and vendors etc.

I wonder if money is being spent by "whales" to be a lot of exchange traffic for example.

I have not thought about this a lot... there could be big holes in it.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 10:15:26 PM

It is a thing of beauty!

I have often thought, that since the IRS (and others) are so concerned about Monero privacy it would be feasible that they might try to sybil various aspects of the network.  Obviously the protocol itself is way ahead of almost anything other than TOR for privacy and things like dandelion++ make attacks on the protocol hard.

But a cryptocurrency is more than it's code, and protocol.  It is also it's community, it's users individually, the exchanges, and vendors etc.

I wonder if money is being spent by "whales" to be a lot of exchange traffic for example.

I think they moved to social engineering years ago. Wink

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:29:03 AM

Getting itchy...

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 05:52:03 PM

A planned Sybil purchase attack on DNM vendors.

That could explain it. Giant burst of volume, with a trailing off follow through.  While watching IPs, and what they can see about monero traffic as well as traffic to and from the market(s).

Does anyone know if there are TOR stats on graphs somewhere?  # of nodes for example.  It would be interesting to see how that corresponds to Monero transactions, or not.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:12:51 PM

It is a thing of beauty!

I have often thought, that since the IRS (and others) are so concerned about Monero privacy it would be feasible that they might try to sybil various aspects of the network.  Obviously the protocol itself is way ahead of almost anything other than TOR for privacy and things like dandelion++ make attacks on the protocol hard.

But a cryptocurrency is more than it's code, and protocol.  It is also it's community, it's users individually, the exchanges, and vendors etc.

I think they moved to social engineering years ago. Wink

It could also be TPTB have upgraded to hassling known members of the core team.  People might have forgotten about Fluffy getting held in a facility without bail for a white collar crime he allegedly did more than 10 years ago.  Poor guy...  I hope he’s ok but the XMR core team has to cut ties with him and assume that he is being turned.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 06:22:59 PM

This guy has made some very bold predictions in the past, and some of them have been awesomely accurate...  THIS particular chart is one of the most bullish I have seen.  Right on the eve of atomic swaps.  With bitcoin doing what it's doing, and Monero threatening to continue to be bullish nomatter what happs to other alts, we might be one of the more happy threads on BCT soon. 

I am starting to get another tingly feeling.  Not that strong yet... but unmistakable. 

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRUSDT/qavM4LCY-Watch-Monero-Fly/
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 06:54:43 PM

This guy has made some very bold predictions in the past, and some of them have been awesomely accurate...  THIS particular chart is one of the most bullish I have seen.  Right on the eve of atomic swaps.  With bitcoin doing what it's doing, and Monero threatening to continue to be bullish nomatter what happs to other alts, we might be one of the more happy threads on BCT soon. 

I am starting to get another tingly feeling.  Not that strong yet... but unmistakable. 

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRUSDT/qavM4LCY-Watch-Monero-Fly/

Would be nice to see, long overdue I must say.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 08:29:19 PM
Merited by Febo (2)

https://odysee.com/@MoneroTalk:8/gratuitas.org-buy-coffee-and-tip-the:4?

Pages: « 1 ... 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 [2165] 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: