Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:29:36 PM

Why are you overcomplicating things with the names?
Gems, GetGems, Gemz – all of these names are appearing everywhere and for someone new it's hard to understand what the actual name of your product is...
You should choose a name and stick with it and bring it into line with all your sources and applications.
Currently your website has got no mention at all (except the url) about anything called GetGems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:43:41 PM

@ Vrezor, GetGems is the name of the app and GEMZ are the token names, can't get easier.

Q Why was the name changed from Gems to GetGems?

A: The name of the app was changed from Gems to GetGems due to three reasons:
1. The domain name is getgems.org - and a domain is important for branding. Adding the full domain name to the app name makes it easier to locate in the app stores.
2. The word “Gems” by itself is too popular and isn’t indicative enough. When users searched for the word “Gems” in the app stores, they received too many irrelevant search results (mostly games involving gems) and had a hard time finding the correct app. Changing the branding slightly to something more unique guarantees that the correct app will be returned in the first search results.
3. GetGems adds more information about the product.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:48:33 PM

@ Vrezor, GetGems is the name of the app and GEMZ are the token names, can't get easier.

1. The domain name is getgems.org - and a domain is important for branding. Adding the full domain name to the app name makes it easier to locate in the app stores.
2. The word “Gems” by itself is too popular and isn’t indicative enough. When users searched for the word “Gems” in the app stores, they received too many irrelevant search results (mostly games involving gems) and had a hard time finding the correct app. Changing the branding slightly to something more unique guarantees that the correct app will be returned in the first search results.

Actually I understood it as the company and the app is called GetGems ie 'you get gems' so the tokens are still called Gems but the exchange ticker/code whatever you want to call it is GEMZ just like say Bitcoin is BTC or Litecoin is LTC.
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:14:14 PM

Actually I understood it as the company and the app is called GetGems ie 'you get gems' so the tokens are still called Gems but the exchange ticker/code whatever you want to call it is GEMZ just like say Bitcoin is BTC or Litecoin is LTC.

The assets is called GEMZ (https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/GEMZ)
With XGEM as Daniel's emergency fund (https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/XGEM)

Agree that a little bit more thought could have gone into the names, maybe picked in a bit of a rush with it being removed from the play store right after android launch. Might be a little late to change it again but indeed it should be made clear in all communication that the app is called GetGems with GEMZ as its native asset. Right now everything is being used at random.

Update: Seems I spoke to soon.. and the GetGems team has been explaining this before - http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/gems-update-token-name-explained-sending-gemz-transaction-requests-more  Though I don't understand why they didn't completely change it to gemz or xgem at that point in time.
Yeah, exactly.
I'd also like them to update the website with the new name as I see no point in using just Gems then.
Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 05:31:45 AM

Why are you overcomplicating things with the names?
Gems, GetGems, Gemz – all of these names are appearing everywhere and for someone new it's hard to understand what the actual name of your product is...
You should choose a name and stick with it and bring it into line with all your sources and applications.
Currently your website has got no mention at all (except the url) about anything called GetGems.

It is a bit confusing. Perhaps some trademark issue?

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:29:09 AM

For all the negativity Cryptsy gets, it's had no major hacking and is one of the only exchanges I know that is actually regulated and has a real persons name on the company, not some anonomous Chinese teenager.

Bittrex is another scam waiting to happen. Cryptsy is a far better fit. But generally I would say the more the merrier, more exchnages mean the risk to one coin is spread out.

Staggering ignorance here. I hope you are an outlier and not an example of a typical GEMZ investor.

Around here we like to argue on actual facts not personal attacks. While I admit I have had very little personal experience with Bittrex I have constantly seen its name attached to scams on this forum, I wasn't aware it had real names attached to it so that gives me more trust for the same reason I can trust Cryptsy a bit more than the average exchange. Cryptsy I have lots of experience is probably the most established exchange which has seen almost all its peers collapse over the last couple of years. Bittrex is whether you like it or not relatively a new kid on the block.

I'm guessing I own more coins than you yes. Main reason being I wouldn't touch any of the scammy pump and dumps that are on your posts. You're from Bittrex right?

Bittrex has been around for a year yes. You opened with personal attacks on Bittrex, then admitted you knew nothing. So, you blindly attacked, without knowing any facts. This makes your first sentence above ironic. I could care less how many coins you have or what your personal opinion is of anything on my posting history. Stick to the facts. Try not to reflect the GEMZ project in such a poor light.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:59:51 AM

Well done.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:57:21 PM

Will the app ever get a calling option?

There is a call option, just click on the username in chat.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:31:10 PM

No that simply directs you to their contact in your phone book. Many chat apps allow you to make calls through the app, I think FB messenger, Whatsapp, Kakaotalk etc. let you call on them only costing you the internet bandwidth cost if any.  I've tried a few of them and they can actually be really good, even better sound than your phone delivers. I'm surprised Telegram has become so popular without this function to be honest. I wish it was part of Telegram cause I'm guessing it would be hard to add it later?
Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 08:24:31 AM

Maybe he meant a built in calling option. Last time I checked Telegram said they are not developing that now.

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:40:50 PM

Maybe he meant a built in calling option. Last time I checked Telegram said they are not developing that now.

I did, and they are not which I find weird as it seems to me to be pretty standard for any messenger app these days. What I'm wondering is if the Gems team could ever add the function at a later date even if Telegram don't.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:02:37 PM

The assets is called GEMZ (https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/GEMZ)
With XGEM as Daniel's emergency fund (https://blockscan.com/assetInfo/XGEM)

Agree that a little bit more thought could have gone into the names, maybe picked in a bit of a rush with it being removed from the play store right after android launch. Might be a little late to change it again but indeed it should be made clear in all communication that the app is called GetGems with GEMZ as its native asset. Right now everything is being used at random.

Update: Seems I spoke to soon.. and the GetGems team has been explaining this before - http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/gems-update-token-name-explained-sending-gemz-transaction-requests-more  Though I don't understand why they didn't completely change it to gemz or xgem at that point in time.
Yeah, exactly.
I'd also like them to update the website with the new name as I see no point in using just Gems then.

Yep should be updated.

Would like to know how far they are in setting up their own cluster of XCP nodes, having a stable app is important.
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Hey guys. Now listing GEMZ on Cryptonator website https://www.cryptonator.com/rates/GEMZ-BTC and in Cryptonator Android / iPhone apps. Enjoy!

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:16:53 AM

what do you think about this http://www.telebit.org/ ?
could it be a threat for getgems?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:17:28 AM

For all the negativity Cryptsy gets, it's had no major hacking and is one of the only exchanges I know that is actually regulated and has a real persons name on the company, not some anonomous Chinese teenager.

Bittrex is another scam waiting to happen. Cryptsy is a far better fit. But generally I would say the more the merrier, more exchnages mean the risk to one coin is spread out.

Staggering ignorance here. I hope you are an outlier and not an example of a typical GEMZ investor.

Around here we like to argue on actual facts not personal attacks. While I admit I have had very little personal experience with Bittrex I have constantly seen its name attached to scams on this forum, I wasn't aware it had real names attached to it so that gives me more trust for the same reason I can trust Cryptsy a bit more than the average exchange. Cryptsy I have lots of experience is probably the most established exchange which has seen almost all its peers collapse over the last couple of years. Bittrex is whether you like it or not relatively a new kid on the block.

I'm guessing I own more coins than you yes. Main reason being I wouldn't touch any of the scammy pump and dumps that are on your posts. You're from Bittrex right?

Bittrex has been around for a year yes. You opened with personal attacks on Bittrex, then admitted you knew nothing. So, you blindly attacked, without knowing any facts. This makes your first sentence above ironic. I could care less how many coins you have or what your personal opinion is of anything on my posting history. Stick to the facts. Try not to reflect the GEMZ project in such a poor light.

Ding Ding round 1  Grin  Sorry boys just a bit bored while waiting for iOS.  Wink
open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:21:40 AM

No, I don't think so. Well not yet anyway.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:09:49 AM

Looks too boring and complicated. I don't think there is any competitor to getgems at the moment.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:17:06 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 10:27:44 AM by peled1986

Looks too boring and complicated. I don't think there is any competitor to getgems at the moment.

Telebit is a cool project.
[Note that its only a Telegram bot, there is a security risk because users don't hold the private key to their wallet].
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:12:19 AM

Telebit is a cool project.
[Note that its only a Telegram bot, there is a security risk because users don't hold the private key to their wallet].
That's a good point.
And I agree with reRaise that it looks to complicated for the average user.
Getgems rules  Grin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

We need an update on iOS progress!  That of course is critical for this to take flight.  Most of my non technical friends have iphones. 

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: