Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:14:55 PM

Whatsapp doesnt allow you to send money which getgems does, which is more powerful than encryption imo.

It depends if you care. If people want an end-to-end encrypted app with massive user saturation then Whatsapp has a huge userbase head start, and now that it is free is growing very quickly.

There are tons of ways to send people money electronically where you don't have to deal with some Fiat to token exchange in addition to sharing the same app with the receiver, etc.

I hope GetGems becomes huge, but it has to find it's correct niche and market hard there. Because secure end-to-end messaging is not the "killer feature" that will get people to switch.

The most likely opportunity to grow the userbase for the wallet feature is to convert Telegram users to GetGems with the "Chat with your Telegram network PLUS this, this this".

EDIT:

Whatsapp: 990 million users, 320 million of them active daily, 1 million new per day

Telegram: XXX? millions user, 65 million daily active, X? new per day

I couldn't find the total telegram users or new per day numbers.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:04:00 PM

-800 news users joined the channel since my last post 24h ago
-Money 20/20 event coming in less then a week
-Paykey in the News on BBC  !!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35933801

A lot is happening at once, thats good news.

Is there still a relationship between paykey and getgemz?

what is the connection status now?

Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:37:40 PM

Looks like Gemz have some competition   https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-social-messaging/

Any opinions ?

Lol wheres the competition? All i see is jean pierre buntix a  bitcoin writer that is trying to hype  a couple projects. He did not mention a single stats because there is none of them worth mentioning. I  read enough article from this guy to know hes not even doing researches about what he writes he is basically repeating what he read elsewhere. (Probably even on the main op of the project)

Not a single app is growing faster then gg right now. I think gg is growing at almost 1000 new registrations a day right now.  The ad channel jumped from 15.6k to 16.3k since yesterday.

Im glad he did not mention getgems into his article because it would have a been a total downgrade to be associated to any of these apps.

Remember getgems also owns paykey which is backed by citi bank!

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:15:07 AM

Looks like Gemz have some competition   https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-social-messaging/

Any opinions ?

Lol wheres the competition? All i see is jean pierre buntix a  bitcoin writer that is trying to hype  a couple projects. He did not mention a single stats because there is none of them worth mentioning. I  read enough article from this guy to know hes not even doing researches about what he writes he is basically repeating what he read elsewhere. (Probably even on the main op of the project)

Not a single app is growing faster then gg right now. I think gg is growing at almost 1000 new registrations a day right now.  The ad channel jumped from 15.6k to 16.3k since yesterday.

Im glad he did not mention getgems into his article because it would have a been a total downgrade to be associated to any of these apps.

"Remember getgems also owns paykey which is backed by citi bank"

getgems owns paykey? is this correct?   or just two separate projects that have some of the same developers?

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 04:05:52 PM

Any opinions ?

getgems owns paykey? is this correct?   or just two separate projects that have some of the same developers?
Theres getgems the messenger. gems keyboard (paykey for gems) and Paykey for banks. That is what citi is involved in
nac

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:05:17 PM

27k members in advertising room on app very impressive
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:22:32 PM

How it is going, how many users and downloads till today?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:29:32 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 07:27:49 PM by Netnox

How it is going, how many users and downloads till today?

Downloads surpassed 100k already and i believe around 24k per month joining, its not official numbers but last time daniel checked it was 6k in 1 week for iOS only. No other Crypto project besides Bitcoin has seen such rapid userbase growth.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:22:51 PM

27k members in advertising room on app very impressive

I make it 16200. Still impressive though
Kuriko

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:53:30 PM

Any opinions ?

Twitter: getgems/getpaykey

In their presentations of paykey they always introduce konify+ magma investment as their main kick starter source.

So I take into consideration, they wouldnt talk about this ICO for getgems if paykey wasn't part of the getgems company.

But thats my opinion. In any case, paykey is making some buzz here and there, and the success of this great app will greatly help in gems development this is something we need to keep in mind.
aslom

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:40:44 AM

If someone can write a step- by-step what will be the further development of GetGems ? What are the next dates?
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:14:53 AM

If someone can write a step- by-step what will be the further development of GetGems ? What are the next dates?

You can read the Q&A at the start of this thread for the original roadmap that has since been abandoned.

Nobody can tell you what's coming next and when.

What we do know is that GG's continued development is hinged on the success of Paykey (their new project), such that PK will ultimately fund GG.

At the moment, the company is shopping PK around for further funding. If the VC's don't bite, both projects are likely dead.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:27:52 AM

You can read the Q&A at the start of this thread for the original roadmap that has since been abandoned.

What we do know is that GG's continued development is hinged on the success of Paykey (their new project), such that PK will ultimately fund GG.

At the moment, the company is shopping PK around for further funding. If the VC's don't bite, both projects are likely dead.

Android app is bad anyway, let it die already.
Constantly sitting in the background eating over 30mb of RAM.
Has some weird connection/contradiction with adobe reader.
Built in faucet with 1gem per 24h is a joke.
And what is more important no body is using it. All the chats are bots, useless bots...
Lame and only thing that it deserves is deletion. 

Kuriko

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:14:56 AM

Android app is bad anyway, let it die already.
Constantly sitting in the background eating over 30mb of RAM.
Has some weird connection/contradiction with adobe reader.
Built in faucet with 1gem per 24h is a joke.
And what is more important no body is using it. All the chats are bots, useless bots...
Lame and only thing that it deserves is deletion.  

-The app is bad? thats why it has a rating of 4.6 on android approaching nearly the 50k download on google play store.
-Sitting in the background? Did you learn how to use a cellphone yesterday? every single app sit in the background unless you close it completly by holding down the menu button on any android phone.
-it is not a faucet since not everyone receives the same amount of aridrop. Everything depend on how active you are in the app by referring and by having your referral be active.
-nobody is using it? Your the kind of guy that likes to bring up non existent shitty arguments in hope that no one answers them? Thats why the app is constantly going up in ranking, because no one is using it.

thats probably one of the dummiest comment ive seen in a long time.

Their working on paykey as well as on gems,   Just sell your coins already if your out of patience like the couple dummies who did sub 2k.
x13

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:17:33 AM

A question about the tech:

GetGems app is based on Telegram messager. I have already gotten a Telegram account. Could I use the same cell number to register a GetGems account or do both applications use the same backend, so that only one cell number can be used for Telegram and GetGems at the same time?

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:59:08 AM

Im getting 160 gems per day so the guy complaining about 1 gems per day doesnt know how to use the app, there is an airdrop button which can give you much more if you have social connections. Regarding Paykey, now this is the biggest innovation after Bitcoin imo in the financial sector, thats why it attended the biggest money convention 20/20 recently and won fintech of the day. Paykey will be available in GetGems, GetGems itsself is the fastest growing crypto project after Bitcoin and it will be the second one to surpass 1M users.
reRaise

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:00:53 PM

GetGems app is based on Telegram messager. I have already gotten a Telegram account. Could I use the same cell number to register a GetGems account or do both applications use the same backend, so that only one cell number can be used for Telegram and GetGems at the same time?

I think you can use the same number to register on GetGems.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:28:24 PM

Im getting 160 gems per day so the guy complaining about 1 gems per day doesnt know how to use the app, there is an airdrop button which can give you much more if you have social connections.

Instead of chastising new users, why not explain what you did to get 160 Gemz daily?

It was my understanding that the airdrop is almost entirely based on what you purchased during the ICO.

For instance, did you originally purchase around 13 btc of Gemz? That would give an estimated ~160/day based on the polling in the discussion group.

taggartd

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:30:51 PM

I think you can use the same number to register on GetGems.
Same number and after you can disinstall telegram and use only getgems: chat contact and so on are the same and you'll find everything on getgems as you left on telegram.
reRaise

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:32:51 PM

Im getting 160 gems per day so the guy complaining about 1 gems per day doesnt know how to use the app, there is an airdrop button which can give you much more if you have social connections.

Instead of chastising new users, why not explain what you did to get 160 Gemz daily?

It was my understanding that the airdrop is almost entirely based on what you purchased during the ICO.

For instance, did you originally purchase around 13 btc of Gemz? That would give an estimated ~160/day based on the polling in the discussion group.

No fewer than 13 btc, but i have referrals who are active. i get between 155 and 165.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: