Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: wow, bitcoin's astro birth chart is full on!  (Read 67012 times)
Otoh (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 06:26:35 PM

@Qoheleth - many thanks

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 06:57:17 PM

whats the astro forecast for this week?

just generally & not taking these Bitcoin charts in to account, then I'd say that with Mars & Pluto standing still in the zodiac then appearing to change direction, these both being symbols of strength & energy we may see shifts in the balance of power - perhaps those who thought that they were pulling Bitcoin's strings may find that they've been outmaneuvered (think Wall Street - the first film & also literally). The gloves would be coming off & I'd expect things to get nasty - get the weekend popcorn in. Sparks should start to fly on Saturday & Sunday will be grim for many (forced liquidation being the order of the day I imagine) the aspects being serious, discouraging & a time to need to face present realities  Shocked

^THIS

I am PMing you now

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 07:09:19 PM

just generally & not taking these Bitcoin charts in to account, then I'd say that with Mars & Pluto standing still in the zodiac then appearing to change direction, these both being symbols of strength & energy we may see shifts in the balance of power - perhaps those who thought that they were pulling Bitcoin's strings may find that they've been outmaneuvered (think Wall Street - the first film & also literally). The gloves would be coming off & I'd expect things to get nasty - get the weekend popcorn in. Sparks should start to fly on Saturday & Sunday will be grim for many (forced liquidation being the order of the day I imagine) the aspects being serious, discouraging & a time to need to face present realities  Shocked

^THIS

I am PMing you now

i'd say with mars and pluto standing still in the zodiac and then appearing to change direction is a clear indicator of kepler's laws and gravity in elliptical orbits.

seriously, do you also believe that thunder is the rage of the gods and in everything else the ancients had 'figured out'? what's so special about astrology? do you even care whether or not the beliefs that you hold can be empirically demonstrated or, as speculators, do you just run with whatever ideas pop into your head regardless of their realism, sanity, or possibility? the ridicule that is well-deserved towards the fools who draw some lines on a chart and claim with near certainty that a specific price movement is going to happen should seem familiar as you look to the skies and imagine fantastical drawings among the stars and personalities for the other celestial bodies in orbit round our sun.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
beardman

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 07:24:45 PM

But whooo is getting zhoutonged Otoh? I need to know whether I should be long or short.

And the Elliot Davers have been making money FYI.... or at least Wave's have, but he accounts for more than just Elliot Daves.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 07:44:31 PM

^THIS

I am PMing you now

i'd say with mars and pluto standing still in the zodiac and then appearing to change direction is a clear indicator of kepler's laws and gravity in elliptical orbits.

seriously, do you also believe that thunder is the rage of the gods and in everything else the ancients had 'figured out'? what's so special about astrology? do you even care whether or not the beliefs that you hold can be empirically demonstrated or, as speculators, do you just run with whatever ideas pop into your head regardless of their realism, sanity, or possibility? the ridicule that is well-deserved towards the fools who draw some lines on a chart and claim with near certainty that a specific price movement is going to happen should seem familiar as you look to the skies and imagine fantastical drawings among the stars and personalities for the other celestial bodies in orbit round our sun.

So the angle of entry in relation to the magnetic poles of reflected EM waves from the sun has no effect on whether or not they make it to the surface?  Or could that potentially alter how we receive energy from the strongest source around?  The source which every other form of life dances around without question.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 08:01:15 PM

if you can state a hypothesis, we can discuss this. all you've said right now is "the rate of receipt of EM radiation (light) from the sun changes hurr durr".

yeah, it actually fluctuates wildly every day. that is what the phenomenon of day is.

what mechanism do you propose links this differential to anything that has to do with predicting future events, individuals' personalities, or anything of the like? what experiments can you run to demonstrate such a mechanism? btw, have you ever heard of Carlson's Experiment (astrologers could match individuals to signs at a rate no better than chance) or the Mars Effect (a single statistical analysis seemed to suggest that Mars' location affected athletes but such a correlation has never be independently verified).

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 08:04:41 PM

I personally still prefer the scientific approach: Prove astrology wrong based on facts, less on opinions.

The rules to make horoscopes are profoundly based on astronomical facts, thus rarely disputable.
The astrological interpretation is well described, although heavily disputed.
Thus I cosider this a pretty interesting experiment.

The moon issue:
As much as I could google the moon is responsible for the emotional perception.
How do we get that into bitcoins? ... uhm ... do we need to?

Another point is puzzling me: What is bitcoins birth? The gensis block? If yes, why?
Can we transfer the experience with humans that simply on things, especially such virtual, barely ungraspable things?

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 08:11:44 PM

if you can state a hypothesis, we can discuss this. all you've said right now is "the rate of receipt of EM radiation (light) from the sun changes hurr durr".

yeah, it actually fluctuates wildly every day. that is what the phenomenon of day is.

what mechanism do you propose links this differential to anything that has to do with predicting future events, individuals' personalities, or anything of the like? what experiments can you run to demonstrate such a mechanism? btw, have you ever heard of Carlson's Experiment (astrologers could match individuals to signs at a rate no better than chance) or the Mars Effect (a single statistical analysis seemed to suggest that Mars' location affected athletes but such a correlation has never be independently verified).

I'm not inclined to get into this with you again.  You proved your stubborn, closed-minded attitude very clearly last time.  Now, can you leave us idiots alone to circle-jerk with our pointless calculations and comparisons?

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:09:03 PM

Eliot Dave analysis would make a valuable addition to this thread.

I didn't have time to check all the rules, but this should be a good enough Eliot Dave analysis to make money off of:

http://i42.tinypic.com/24n4cuv.png

Happy trading everyone!
Forecast is fully on track.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:09:53 PM

I'm not inclined to get into this with you again.  You proved your stubborn, closed-minded attitude very clearly last time.  Now, can you leave us idiots alone to circle-jerk with our pointless calculations and comparisons?

Actually arepo, please don't -- your increasingly huffy posts are beginning to amuse me

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:24:39 PM

Also, doesn't your precious big bang theory say something like everything started from a singularity, that contained the entirety of the physical universe in one single item?  If that is the case, why WOULDN'T everything affect everything else, despite distance between objects?

Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 10:03:49 PM

Do any of your folks know how one can ignore an entire thread? I can't say that there is any individual here I would want to ignore, but I often see opportunities to improve the signal-to-noise ratio. Thanks for your help.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 10:07:10 PM

Do any of your folks know how one can ignore an entire thread? I can't say that there is any individual here I would want to ignore, but I often see opportunities to improve the signal-to-noise ratio. Thanks for your help.

I don't think you can, but meta would be a good place to ask.

Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 10:23:12 PM

Do any of your folks know how one can ignore an entire thread?
I know how to implement that. Shall I teach you?  Tongue

btw
If S/N ratio is bad, then send twice. Noise sums up badly, while signals do quite well.  Shocked

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 03:41:48 AM

just generally & not taking these Bitcoin charts in to account, then I'd say that with Mars & Pluto standing still in the zodiac then appearing to change direction, these both being symbols of strength & energy we may see shifts in the balance of power - perhaps those who thought that they were pulling Bitcoin's strings may find that they've been outmaneuvered (think Wall Street - the first film & also literally). The gloves would be coming off & I'd expect things to get nasty - get the weekend popcorn in. Sparks should start to fly on Saturday & Sunday will be grim for many (forced liquidation being the order of the day I imagine) the aspects being serious, discouraging & a time to need to face present realities  Shocked

But whooo is getting zhoutonged Otoh? I need to know whether I should be long or short.

And the Elliot Davers have been making money FYI.... or at least Wave's have, but he accounts for more than just Elliot Daves.

maybe it's some Wall Street big dogs make a C note bet on who can get the price < $4 or > $6 first just for the lulz (& to lose or make the most in the process), if you can't piss in the tall weeds then best to not play ZT atm perhaps  Wink

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:10:17 AM

perhaps by just not keeping on clicking on it & posting in it, just a suggestion - though we'd miss you for sure I'm sure
Uhhhhhh... wait. You're saying to not click or post on something I don't want to see or read? Huh! I'll have to try that, thanks  Grin

Astrology is not a big part of my world view by a longshot, but it can be fun, what the heck.

I have a dear friend, a college house mate and chemical engineer with a definite bent for what I would broadly term mysticism, we would cast I Ching hexagrams with morning coffee just to have something to compare to the newspaper horoscope and Dear Abby's latest insights into living.

Now, anyone who's had the questionable fortune to read some of my other posts can easily see that I don't have no truck for no hoodoo nohow. I may view all the Semitic religions as an ancient curse on humanity, but I just can't get too worked up about Ouija boards and the like.

I used to frequent another investment discussion board where one of the folks ran an astrology thread and would regularly clue us all in to secrets hidden in the stars. I don't recall anyone, at least for not very long, getting bent out of shape about it, it was just for fun.

That's my take on this discussion, have fun. I hope I'm not insulting astrology fans by patronizing them, that's not my intent.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:21:52 AM

Also, doesn't your precious big bang theory say something like everything started from a singularity, that contained the entirety of the physical universe in one single item?  If that is the case, why WOULDN'T everything affect everything else, despite distance between objects?

Everything does affect everything else. It is a matter of scale.

1) The effect of the stars on whether I sell or buy is just far less than the effect of losing my job.

2) The effect of the stars on me keeping my job is far less than the effect of my performance and attitude at work.

3) The effect of the stars on my performance at work is far less than the effect of going through a divorce.

4) The effect of the stars on my getting divorced is far less than the effect of me never shutting up about bitcoins.

5) The effect of the stars on my never shutting up about bitcoins is far less than the effect of sitting at a computer all day.

6) The effect of the stars on my sitting at a computer all day is far less than the effect of bitcoin price volatility.

Do you see???
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:23:14 AM

Also the above is hypothetical.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:08:18 AM

I personally still prefer the scientific approach: Prove astrology wrong based on facts, less on opinions.

The rules to make horoscopes are profoundly based on astronomical facts, thus rarely disputable.
The astrological interpretation is well described, although heavily disputed.
Thus I cosider this a pretty interesting experiment.

The moon issue:
As much as I could google the moon is responsible for the emotional perception.
How do we get that into bitcoins? ... uhm ... do we need to?

Another point is puzzling me: What is bitcoins birth? The gensis block? If yes, why?
Can we transfer the experience with humans that simply on things, especially such virtual, barely ungraspable things?

Bitcoin is an instantiation of a new, higher dimensional form of life.  These newly emergent life forms are studied via the "science" of economics, which basically represents relationships (giving and taking, supply and demand) between lower dimensional life forms.  It forms a sort of global neural network that is presently an infant, but when it grows up... hoo boy

Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:09:46 AM

Also, doesn't your precious big bang theory say something like everything started from a singularity, that contained the entirety of the physical universe in one single item?  If that is the case, why WOULDN'T everything affect everything else, despite distance between objects?

Everything does affect everything else. It is a matter of scale.

1) The effect of the stars on whether I sell or buy is just far less than the effect of losing my job.

2) The effect of the stars on me keeping my job is far less than the effect of my performance and attitude at work.

3) The effect of the stars on my performance at work is far less than the effect of going through a divorce.

4) The effect of the stars on my getting divorced is far less than the effect of me never shutting up about bitcoins.

5) The effect of the stars on my never shutting up about bitcoins is far less than the effect of sitting at a computer all day.

6) The effect of the stars on my sitting at a computer all day is far less than the effect of bitcoin price volatility.

Do you see???

yessir, excellent post; I concur 99.9%  Grin Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: