Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:34:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368513 times)
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:32:39 PM

Its still interesting news.
Im pretty sure that very soon only 2 companies would be able to supply miners for us crazy people.

MAT and Hashra and then 1 we have to follow (Ehsminer Germany)

The rest is going the cloud way or shutting down. Bitmain is only going to supply 2 shipments of the new L1 Scrypt miner and then focus on BTC only.
If I would trust anybody my hard earned money, then it would have to be a EU company, so my invest money are protected by EU law even for pre-orders.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:20:36 PM

any good news for LTCD? the price continue dropping now
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

Its still interesting news.
Im pretty sure that very soon only 2 companies would be able to supply miners for us crazy people.

MAT and Hashra and then 1 we have to follow (Ehsminer Germany)

The rest is going the cloud way or shutting down. Bitmain is only going to supply 2 shipments of the new L1 Scrypt miner and then focus on BTC only.
If I would trust anybody my hard earned money, then it would have to be a EU company, so my invest money are protected by EU law even for pre-orders.

Well, I ordered stuff from BitMine (Switzerland) and they failed to deliver, although they refunded me the money after a long struggle.
KNC is from Sweden and they well exploited their customers too...
Mick666

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:37:45 PM

And in the list of scammer also Alpha Technology  from england
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:38:14 PM

yes been there sent miner insured , fortunately , in sweden and the
guy never received it but thanks to DHL i had back my money
in nov 2014 KNC received after 2 week BTC from 200 touch 1200
thanks to Mt gox , and now 400 always thnk to gox
ma not only that look this and tell me it isn't the reason for 400 for BTC :
http://www.businessinsider.com/currency-trading-website-vanishes-2014-11

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

there was a guy who made big money with bankofltc and the first miner Scrypt
never made obviously i never be on cryptostock again !
he made a site and register a company for 1 € and scammed everyone
jan 2014 another good day to remember

(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

And in the list of scammer also Alpha Technology  from england

Them too. I removed my order from them in January, before shit hit the fan. Muppets still took 40% of payment from the refund
Mick666

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:46:24 PM

And in the list of scammer also Alpha Technology  from england

Them too. I removed my order from them in January, before shit hit the fan. Muppets still took 40% of payment from the refund

I paid in full and they offer me 40% refund
I just sue
mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:05:38 PM

old scars never gets old

just seen something interesting and gov backed , (maybe)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827826.260

so if a store like the asics miner
is accepting LTCD doesn't mean every LTCD holder
is backing the store ?
i remain to be seen if is beneficial or the store
will be a road to uncle 1satoshi

just to be sure ever uncle tor is almost hystory
for not being anonymous :
http://www.coindesk.com/torban-monitor-bitcoin-over-tor-attacks/

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:11:46 PM

Hi Guys,

Im working on the new LitecoinDark Wallet 2 GB Flash Drive, but I need some help from the community re. design of the card.
If some skilled Photoshop guys could help me out to produce an awesome card would be nice.

Please send me some nice surgestions of designs for the Wallet Flash Card. Take a look of design below.

Xircom

Xircom this is something to post in the first page
 i didn't read
and if some one has time to search what is the scrypt asics shop that accept LTCD ?

can be made a link on the first page ?
thank you everyone

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:14:18 PM

what a recap i didn't see this unofficila web wallet :
http://www.dice-win.com/dark/
 Cool

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:15:50 PM

Announcement:

Wallet mandatory update:
Dear community, first I will say sorry on the behalf of the dev team that we haven't been super online for the past week, but we needed to be offline for a while when debugging, coding and updating.
We are now almost finished with the new mandatory wallet update. Schedule for release is Wednesday morning EU time. New webpage is under its way, see teaser below.
The coin is very active and more and more new investors are on the coin. We are able to see that 60% of all traffic on the webpage are Newbies from all over the world.... The community is growing rapidly and the LTCD community has turned out to be very strong. LitecoinDark is in for the long run and things we would love to bring out now, have to wait for the right moment.

- This Wednesday morning EU time the wallet will have a mandatory update.
- New Website will be launched during next weekend (please tell what you miss on webpage today)
- Wall Of Fame will have its own special place on the Website.
- POS has switched place with TOR on the Roadmap.
- Prepare you self for Video Contest. We need an awesome video to present the coin, remember to bring it down to earth.
- Whitepaper for 2 GEN is under its way. Needs some adjustments and proof reading before release.

Keep up the spirit and thank you all for this unbelievable community and support.

Xircom

whatever happened to the design above? change in plans?

Yes, we didn't like the colors. The module what you see above is switched off but when necessarily it can be easily switched on again. 

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

THE REWARD POT GROWS ON THE WORLDCOIN REDDIT 250 SUBSCRIBER LEVEL!

Now the pot sits @ 2000WDC plus these games thanks to Colaxais!!

http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/6342-a-few-games/

Need more reason to subscribe?? Well it's a nice place to get all your news!!

Cheers,

Ghosty

Anyone interested in throwing in some extra LTCD for our rewards please let me know!!

Here is a link to the WDC Reddit site... I know a few of them have already subscribed to ours so the plan is starting to work!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldcoinalliance/

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:55:56 PM

The thing that stands out to me with this coin is the marketing side or lack thereof.

I don't doubt the sincerity of the devs or anyone involved with this coin, but price is a reflection of a lack of interest in general from the crypto community and more importantly investors from outside.

To give a better example look at the marketing done by Vericoin to push themselves forward. That's as good a template as any if you are serious about being a major stick-around alt.

Nevertheless I will hold LTCD as I have faith in the devs and the team as a whole that their intentions are good. Just need to polish things up and be more pro-active in my opinion.

sir yes sir

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:57:15 PM

hamuki i will send you something, the first
video for families in crypto

http://www.powtoon.com/show/gonzr7ByFgf/litecoindark-hamuki/#/

Shocked

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

tomorrow is the day i need to see this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rVNtNey8G_I#t=340
 Shocked

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

the latest list of the day to make a calendar of it :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=845494.0

boy i'm glad group investor are going out because
f**k off tricksters
made btc now sell that under the price you bought it

your LTCD are being bought , see ya when usd will not be important

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:50:39 PM

hamuki i will send you something, the first
video for families in crypto

http://www.powtoon.com/show/gonzr7ByFgf/litecoindark-hamuki/#/

Shocked

Ehhm... What??

What are you talking about..?

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

So here's a little can of worms regarding PoS.  Any discussion of "PoS" really needs to take into account a number of things before any talk about percentages can take place:

- The final anon feature of the coin
- Transaction fees
- Final mining reward
- PoS vs Forging

The coins whitepaper says that the final anon feature will be Darksend, which I assume is a "copy" of the Darkcoin tech. By design, that necessitate the use of Master Nodes which then necessitates the implementation of transaction fees. So not only does the cost required to run a Masternode need to be determined, but then the transaction fees as well since, unless I'm oblivious, the coin does not currently have.

As things stand today, the mining reward was significantly reduced which will lead to the coin being mined out "very" quickly. It's my understanding though that there will be a final "minimum" reward and I've assumed that it will be implemented when the PoS version is rolled out.

So the coin would have to have transaction fees implemented at some point as well.  Now, I don't know much about actual mining, but don't miners also typically get transaction fees when a coin has that? So would the people running Masternodes compete for those transaction fees?  Or would there be a different set of fees related to the anon transactions that the Masternodes would be paid?

My original thoughts about PoS were that "forging" would be a better idea.  The forgers would get transaction fees while miners continue to add to the supply over time which would take care of lost coins etc and thus PoS isn't really required in order to solve that particular issue.  But with forging, we'd now have another group competing for transaction fees right?

Am I completely off base with some of this? The whitepaper really doesn't discuss any of these sorts of things in depth.

As far as "pure PoS" goes, my feeling is 2%-5% is adequate.  But in this case, the coin isn't pure POS due to ongoing mining and the running of Nodes.

On a personal note, I'm really not fond of anon tech that relies on trusting other people with running nodes. If you don't have enough people running the nodes you open up attack vectors and getting enough people that are willing to invest enough to run them can be difficult.  Not to mention that a couple people with deep pockets could "own" the majority of nodes and then do what they wish.  I prefer blockchain type anon (CN coins for example) for those reasons.  Now some people say that blockchain anon isn't as secure as "eventually" someone will hack it. IMO if someone was able to eventually hack blockchain anon, we'd have much bigger problems for cryptocurrencies in general.

I'd much prefer the coin to implement something like the zerocoin/zerocash tech which no one has done as of yet.  One coin was supposed to have implemented zerocoin within the next week or so but they just came out and said it won't happen for awhile. I don't know of anyone that's trying implement zerocash yet (there is a fundamental issue with it but I believe there can be a solution for it).  It should be noted that zerocoin was talked about many times as potentially being added to bitcoin but from reading a bunch of threads it seems like they're sort of waiting for an alt coin to do it in order to prove it out.  Zerocoin is fundamentally just a "mixer" whereas Zerocash is actually for anon transactions.

So from my perspective, there's a whole lot of intertwined things that really need to be nailed down first and then the actual values for things like fees, PoS percentages etc worked out so that they are all well balanced.  Not an easy task but it needs to get done ASAP and spelled out clearly in the coins whitepaper. Without knowing all these things ahead of time, we could end up with a coin that has very high inflation on top of the high supply which would be a bad thing.

I'd also like to know what the PoS design would be.  Whether it would just be the "old" peercoin coin age type thing, one of the newer PoS V2 (some other coin is building on V2 and calling it V3 but can't remember which), PoSV or something "new".

I don't know much about anon tech, but you might look into what StealthCoin is trying to do with Stealth Send, and do something similar.

I would recommend creating a unique feature and joining SuperNET for the anon.  There was a flaw in DarkCoin found recently that resulted in some coins being stolen and lets be honest DarkSend is not true anon, as great as CoinJoin may be its still traceable.  I have been working on a node for the past week and once its up will be helping with some testing.  I am starting to get my head around the tech, its some next level stuff that is going to have a massive impact when it is released.  In fact James posted a comment on the BTCD forum a week or so ago mentioning that he would be interested in seeing what tech LTCD will come up with and wondering why LTCD has not yet applied for SuperNET inclusion.  I for one would like to see LTCD and BTCD working together.

mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:53:09 PM

What I can say about the 2nd generation features is simple.  

The LTCD 2.0 branch is based on a complete redesign of blockchain-based currency.  It has been forked directly from a project which I have been working on independently since before LitecoinDark was ever even an idea.  Everything about the wallet, protocol -- even the blockchain itself has been redesigned to meet a new development paradigm.

I will not give specifics about the 2.0 branch or any of the 2nd generation features until I have finished the 2.0 whitepaper (something I had never intended to release as anything more than a case study or proof of concept until after I joined this team), however, by definition, since it shares almost (possibly even zero) code with bitcoin/litecoin/etc and was written from the ground-up addressing some of the issues with 1st gen blockchain currencies, it is no doubt 2nd generation.

In all honesty, LTCD 2.0 shares zero code with LTCD 1.x.  Everything has been re-imagined.  Mining, staking -- RPC/IPC connectivity, external dependencies, build systems, update procedures -- everything.

So I'm sure you can understand why we have not and will not release any specifics until the whitepaper is ready to be published.

What I can give you, however, is this:

Nothing special.  Except that it's "transcribing" into a "ledger" via IPC/BC-API (through a dynamically-linked library connecting to a ledger daemon implementation.)

This particular scribe implementation is written in C#.  This particular ledger daemon, C++.

But don't expect 2.0 in the near future.  As I said before, I'm slowing down my pace because I have other priorities that need attention as well. (Family/Work/Life, etc.)

Edit: I also said previously not to even bother giving place to claims that I make regarding progress.  If you want to know what's going on, watch the code over the coming months.  LTCD isn't even 2 months old yet.  Please, be patient.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes SWEET!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: