Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 482 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining USA/DE 255 blocks solved!  (Read 1514064 times)
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:11:51 AM

Since Slush has their Diff made to AUTOMATICALLY adjust, does this mean the S4 will be fine on Slush?

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Since Slush has their Diff made to AUTOMATICALLY adjust, does this mean the S4 will be fine on Slush?

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.

Thank you, eleuthria.

I just finished reading ck's work around (hack) for the firmware.  He also mentioned it may be a little late at this point in production to fix the hardware issue.  It's rather disappointing news.  I'm not sure what to do at the moment.  I'll have to think on it a while.  I want at least 22 to 25 TH's mining here at my house with as little power consumption as possible.  I liked the sound of the S4 until now.  I'm just not sure anymore.

If I remember correctly, aren't you owner or co-owner of btcGuild?  If so, does your pool allow me to adjust/set the minimum starting level to avoid this issue with the S4?  I know GHash has this ability but I would rather do the guild than hash.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:25:01 AM

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.

Thank you, eleuthria.

I just finished reading ck's work around (hack) for the firmware.  He also mentioned it may be a little late at this point in production to fix the hardware issue.  It's rather disappointing news.  I'm not sure what to do at the moment.  I'll have to think on it a while.  I want at least 22 to 25 TH's mining here at my house with as little power consumption as possible.  I liked the sound of the S4 until now.  I'm just not sure anymore.

If I remember correctly, aren't you owner or co-owner of btcGuild?  If so, does your pool allow me to adjust/set the minimum starting level to avoid this issue with the S4?  I know GHash has this ability but I would rather do the guild than hash.

Yes, BTC Guild has had user selectable difficulty on the worker management page for ages (just a few days after stratum was announced).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:34:12 AM

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.

Thank you, eleuthria.

I just finished reading ck's work around (hack) for the firmware.  He also mentioned it may be a little late at this point in production to fix the hardware issue.  It's rather disappointing news.  I'm not sure what to do at the moment.  I'll have to think on it a while.  I want at least 22 to 25 TH's mining here at my house with as little power consumption as possible.  I liked the sound of the S4 until now.  I'm just not sure anymore.

If I remember correctly, aren't you owner or co-owner of btcGuild?  If so, does your pool allow me to adjust/set the minimum starting level to avoid this issue with the S4?  I know GHash has this ability but I would rather do the guild than hash.

Yes, BTC Guild has had user selectable difficulty on the worker management for ages (just a few days after stratum was announced).

Thank you very much!!!

I'm NEW to mining [September 22, 2014] BUT MOTIVATED!  I have 10 S3's hashing at the moment and 6 more S3's will arrive Friday or Saturday along with PSU's.  I only want to get 8 Bitmain S4's to bring me up to a total of 23.7 TH's and 16,520 watts at the wall in my house.  Looking for a warehouse or something for later to expand my mining farm.

I've only done BTC Guild, Slush, CK'sPool and GHash.  I'm NOT a hopper.  I've just registered and tried several different pools to see what they were like.  I obviously did not look at the "worker" configuration in your pool enough to notice the Diff setting OR I just don't remember it.  I know Slush adjusts automatically and probably starts low then builds up like you said.  So, I know now I will not be pointing S4's towards Slush.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:15:06 AM

Althought worthless,  since the server is on its mining with its 2 CPUs and CPU miner.
In the first days using the pool I saw it was hashing but did not get a YAYs thats common with
cpu miner when in other pools.

So today it started also making some YAYs actually running for less than an hour and have already 3
when other days not even one.
How does this translated???

LOL+Hi Hi

Wishfull thinking 3 blocks in a row!!!

LOL+Hi Hi
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 03:23:58 PM

Althought worthless,  since the server is on its mining with its 2 CPUs and CPU miner.
In the first days using the pool I saw it was hashing but did not get a YAYs thats common with
cpu miner when in other pools.

So today it started also making some YAYs actually running for less than an hour and have already 3
when other days not even one.
How does this translated???

LOL+Hi Hi

Wishfull thinking 3 blocks in a row!!!

LOL+Hi Hi
LOL... no, you didn't find 3 blocks, you got 3 accepted shares.  ckpool uses variable difficulty that starts at 1024 and adjusts according to the hash rate of your miners.  Since you're CPU mining (dear lord in heaven what are you thinking???), it just happened to take that long to find a difficulty 1024 share.  Today you got lucky and found a share at least 1024 difficulty, so likely the pool has now adjusted the difficulty to match your abysmal hashing speed from the CPU.

Seriously... what are you thinking?  Do you just not like your server, or are you doing some kind of extended CPU burn in testing?  Nothing good can come of CPU mining BTC.  Of course, now that I've written this, that CPU will probably be the next block finder on the pool... Grin

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:37:31 PM

So apparently my old Bitfury rig is not fond of your pool. It is showing 350 GH/s on the webpage and only 73 GH/s at the pool currently. Any suggestions for what I can do? Other than throw it in the trash.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:15:16 PM

So apparently my old Bitfury rig is not fond of your pool. It is showing 350 GH/s on the webpage and only 73 GH/s at the pool currently. Any suggestions for what I can do? Other than throw it in the trash.
Maybe you can set it up with a unique worker name and give me the worker name and I can dig into the logs to see if there's anything obvious poolside.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:44:40 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 02:30:43 AM by daddyfatsax

Maybe you can set it up with a unique worker name and give me the worker name and I can dig into the logs to see if there's anything obvious poolside.

It was setup with a unique worker, _bitfury
Right now I have it pointed at Eligius. When I get back from dinner I will point it back this way.

Edit: It is pointed back at the pool now. Naturally a couple of cards went out, but the web page shows 253 GH/s.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:39:46 AM

Right now I have it pointed at Eligius. When I get back from dinner I will point it back this way.

Edit: It is pointed back at the pool now. Naturally a couple of cards went out, but the web page shows 253 GH/s.
I looked at it and the share log is consistent with something hashing at 250ish GH and there is nothing untowards going on in terms of rejects or invalids or anything that I can make out.

-ck
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:57:39 AM

I looked at it and the share log is consistent with something hashing at 250ish GH and there is nothing untowards going on in terms of rejects or invalids or anything that I can make out.

That's weird. The stats are showing this:

{"hashrate1m": "4.51G", "hashrate5m": "10.8G", "hashrate1hr": "15.8G", "hashrate1d": "956M"}
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 03:19:27 AM

That's weird. The stats are showing this:

{"hashrate1m": "4.51G", "hashrate5m": "10.8G", "hashrate1hr": "15.8G", "hashrate1d": "956M"}
That was initially. Now it does appear to have died or something. It's dropped your diff all the way down to 1 now the hashrate is so low...

It dropped your diff from 1024 to 192 here (meaning it felt it was about 250GH):
Code:
[2014-10-09 22:34:38] Client 211 biased dsps 57.73 dsps 33.62 drr 0.06 adjust diff from 1024 to: 192
Then it went downhill, still delivering only the same number of shares even though diff kept dropping:

Code:
[2014-10-09 22:38:47] Client 211 biased dsps 24.05 dsps 19.66 drr 0.13 adjust diff from 192 to: 80
[2014-10-09 22:43:53] Client 211 biased dsps 11.35 dsps 10.60 drr 0.14 adjust diff from 80 to: 38
[2014-10-09 22:49:16] Client 211 biased dsps 5.56 dsps 5.44 drr 0.15 adjust diff from 38 to: 19
[2014-10-09 22:54:38] Client 211 biased dsps 2.79 dsps 2.77 drr 0.15 adjust diff from 19 to: 9
[2014-10-09 22:59:43] Client 211 biased dsps 1.33 dsps 1.33 drr 0.15 adjust diff from 9 to: 4
[2014-10-09 23:06:22] Client 211 biased dsps 0.58 dsps 0.58 drr 0.14 adjust diff from 4 to: 2
[2014-10-09 23:11:41] Client 211 biased dsps 0.22 dsps 0.22 drr 0.11 adjust diff from 2 to: 1
Hardly any shares are coming in even though it's now at diff 1. So for whatever reason it seems to be behaving as though it's still at the original diff. Not sure what your client version software/driver etc. are, but that's how I see that behaviour.

Every share is still over 1024 diff:
Code:
[2014-10-09 23:19:20] Accepted client 211 share diff 1204.4/1/35G: 00000000003669d1fdee8926976b1eec1e6db87052531cd106bbad341441a883

-ck
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:38:41 AM

I am using chainminer. The web page is still showing 242 GH/s and I can see it getting a diff 1 share every now and then in the stratum proxy screen. When I point it to Eligius or BTC Guild everything is fine.

The rig is a V2 M-board with V1 cards. I have cgminer installed on the pi using the black arrow driver, but it just throws all HW errors. The other miner program is installed as well, but it eventually just dies out. It is really not that big of a deal now, it is just weird and now I wanna know why it is not working right.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:16:08 AM

I am using chainminer. The web page is still showing 242 GH/s and I can see it getting a diff 1 share every now and then in the stratum proxy screen. When I point it to Eligius or BTC Guild everything is fine.

The rig is a V2 M-board with V1 cards. I have cgminer installed on the pi using the black arrow driver, but it just throws all HW errors. The other miner program is installed as well, but it eventually just dies out. It is really not that big of a deal now, it is just weird and now I wanna know why it is not working right.
No idea, but it's downstream from the pool. However, if it wasn't clear, it is still hashing at 242 GH, it's just not submitting any shares below the diff it gets when it starts, which means that only the stats are wrong, but your chance of finding a block with this hardware are still the same 1 in a trillion or whatever they are for 242 GH.

-ck
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:59:49 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 06:27:44 AM by nreal

I wonder how would ant s2 and s4 perform if those are turned to diskless nodes and booted from network, much more power maybe? Im thinking booting those s1:s to gentoo, could that be possibleto get those mining that way?

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 06:59:55 AM

I wonder how would ant s2 and s4 perform if those are turned to diskless nodes and booted from network, much more power maybe? Im thinking booting those s1:s to gentoo, could that be possibleto get those mining that way?
You mean would their hashrate be higher? Absolutely not, at least not on this or any other ckpool.

-ck
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

Not quite Smiley
Solo and Kano CKPool both start at 1024 and work down if necessary.
On Kano pool I work down to no lower than 42 - though of course I also allow the user to set a minimum diff ... greater than 42 ... if the miner chooses less than 42 then the pool limits it to 42 on Kano pool.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:01:37 AM

Not quite Smiley
Solo and Kano CKPool both start at 1024 and work down if necessary.
On Kano pool I work down to no lower than 42 - though of course I also allow the user to set a minimum diff ... greater than 42 ... if the miner chooses less than 42 then the pool limits it to 42 on Kano pool.
Though I did test this with a bitmain representative starting at diff1 and confirmed ckpool is still okay even starting at diff 1.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 10:07:31 AM

Hi all, just a heads up that the testnet pool will be offline for a few hours whilst the host the vps runs on has its kernel upgraded. The solo pool will be unaffected, and the testnet pool is a not-for-profit service so I don't think anyone will really mind. If it was critical I'd try and minimise the downtime.

-ck
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:27:07 AM

You mean would their hashrate be higher? Absolutely not, at least not on this or any other ckpool.
Ckpool is getting everything out from the miners, only time fans sometimes gets quiet for a few sec is just after a block is found, but on some other pools its different with less than 30sec blocktime, the ants openwrt board is just not enough to handle that. If there just would be an usb port to bypass openwrt..

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 482 »
  Print  

Jump to: