Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

Well I feel completely shafted. I would really like to see some solid proof that this is not just a complete sham tbh.

There's a growing number of people desperate to offload their pre-orders on Ebay. Seems confidence in Black Arrow has evaporated.

Hopefully the situation improves and the company can provide some proper guidance and meet delivery deadlines.

No cash and no hash, tough situation  Undecided

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:05:06 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to take a second to say I'm sorry about everything.

Matt

Matt, you may be forgiven, but the reputation of the Black Arrow just took a HUGE nosedive.

Matt, you may just be the PR person, and if so then it is possible that you did not know the situation.  But if tape out should have happened 2 months ago in order to have chips done by the end of Feb, (which would be the same deadline that you are on now), and it obviously didn't happen, then it should have been known for the last 2 months that the chip would not be ready in time.  So every single "update" that has been given saying we are on schedule or slightly ahead of schedule, where was that information coming from?  Someone was/is lying, now that may not have been you, if that was the information you were given, but regardless your the spokesperson for this organization, and like it or not, your customers are cumulatively losing hundreds of thousands of dollars of losses due to late shipment.  So who has been lying and saying things were on schedule?  That should be the first question answered!

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
goozman96

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:01:41 PM

Matt, we don't want apologies. We want ANSWERS. Specifically, the thread I posted on your forum entitled "We want answers"
Still waiting..

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

the '25%' offered was 4 months of cloud mining. 4 months?? Whaaaa???

Should it not be 25% of the hashing power we bought times the difficulty increase between promised (paid for) delivery date and actual delivery date

This way if they deliver 2 months late the increase in hashing power will keep up with difficulty.

We are, however, still out 2 months of mining time but at least the machines hashing power will be as useful as if they delivered on time.

Thats exactly what I said some 4 or so pages back, but the only response we have received is BAMatt giving us an apology, so I would say the whole gang at BA has just stopped reading this or their own forums.  No direction on what is happening through MinerSource either, would sure like an email of my own to confirm the late shipments.  I would think with all the time they had to plan our compensation they would have effective channels in place to spread the word.

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:55:29 PM

Very disappointed. I sort of knew it but wanted to give them the benefit of doubt.... Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2.... blarrrr

Everyone over-promise but under delivers.

-------------------------------------------
 We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.

Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.

We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.

We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:

·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.

·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.

·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.

Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.

It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.

The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.

We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.

Please note:

·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2

·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged

·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1

Sincerely,
The Black Arrow Software Team
----------------------

^ Had to dig back to page 81 to get some 'official comment'.

I completely agree that it's a disgrace that Black Arrow isn't providing more accurate and timely information.

Stop pre-ordering!  Break your addiction cycle.

^ This is a lesson ignored from the ongoing BFL fiasco.

I pre-ordered with BFL, luckily got a refund. I pre-ordered Blue Furies, they arrived two weeks late, were absolutely shit manufacturing quality, support goes walkabout for a fortnight after delivery and no responsibility taken.

Pre-order? Never again. I'd rather wait a couple of weeks, hear what the community says about a mining device and buy the better quality units, even if I have to buy at a premium.

I was hoping Black Arrow would pull through as I've been watching their progress for a while and was interested in a couple of their units. This time I am pleased to say that I didn't pre-order, I wasn't scammed and I didn't receive any shit product after the fact.

This is the lesson we all need to learn:

Stop pre-ordering!  Break your addiction cycle.

Thank God I seem to be getting with the program.

Undecided

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:46:03 PM

Absolutely. In a  few months we'll be back up where we were. We WILL be successful in this launch.
[/quote]

being successful in this launch is impossible.  BA has failed, and this will cost it's customers thousands of dollars.  

Unless, of course, the definition of success is BA turning profit.  I've seen enough equivocation from BA in the past few weeks to think that may well be the case.  

BA needs to offer the option of full or partial refunds at this point, or more hashing power, or some combination of both.  This is a business, yes, so the inclination will be to offer something while guarding as much profit as possible.  

BA needs to do more than this 25% to the point where it runs its margin down to minimal, if any, gains on this project.  BA has hardware on the shelf.  Set up a mine and get that hashing power out to your customers immediately.  BA has the means to offset much of this, but I wonder if it has the integrity, or if it has more interest in guarding it's profits.  So far, with this solution, the answer is pretty clear.

If BA is confident they'll be back on top this shouldn't be an issue.  The equation is correct in this scenario, as BA temporarily foregoes profit due to it's own failure and it's customers are made as whole as is reasonably possible.  The customers did not fail, they should not bear the majority of the consequence, while BA retains their profits regardless of this miserable performance.

No-one in the boardroom will like that suggestion and neither will the investors I am sure, but this company is dead as a doornail unless BA pulls out all the stops to make this right for it's customers.  That means that financially the numbers have to come together for the customers, and at this point they are well short.  

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:15:06 AM

has anyone that placed an order on the OLD Minersource site have there order moved to the new data base and had an account opened for them and received an email confirmation?

The link that was at the bottom of the new site is gone so i can't check my order on the old data base and I've never received a notice of a new account being opened either
This is the reply I got from minersource:
Soon is as long as it takes to import the database without losing any customer data (they are very very different with different fields, so we are having to do by hand).
Your order status will then be automatically updated to show "ready to Ship". All orders from the old site are showing as canceled right now, so that is not something to worry about.
Your order has already been paid for and submitted to Black Arrow, and is part of Batch 1.
We expect the integration to be done Approximately within the next month, as to give us plenty of time to work the kinks out and any missing information if any with plenty of time before shipment commences.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:24:18 AM

I told them to remove the link to the old platform since everyone's orders would be showing up as "cancelled" which would just cause more people to contact them as to why.

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:16:46 AM

Guys, I've been talking with Blackarrow over PM on ecointalk and while I got some detailed answers to some of my questions, they said that they will publicly respond to questions tomorrow. (I can't post my PMs with him cuz he asked me not to disclose it since what he said to me wasn't conferred with the team, thus can't be deemed official).

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:31:21 AM

I already have
http://ecointalk.net/topic/463-we-want-answers/

Is there any question you or others have that I don't have included in my first post?

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:56:29 AM

Bobsag3 is Matt Carson, yes, but BlackArrow Matt is someone different.
Bobsag3 even said that he though he was impersonating him previously but they just happened to have the same name.

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:02:47 AM

What about it? I've seen those videos. Bobsag3 publicly told everyone he was visiting the facility in China a month or so ago.

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:10:41 AM

You make no sense. If you have something substantive to post, then feel free. Otherwise, you're wasting people's time.

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:59:33 AM

You make no sense. If you have something substantive to post, then feel free. Otherwise, you're wasting people's time.

Allow me to waste some more of people's time.

Time frame analysis while Matt Carson was in China.

BlackArrow Matt posted on December 04, 2013, 01:40:34 PM, then didn't post again till December 12, 2013, 07:17:01 PM, less than an hour after bobsag3 on December 10, 2013, 06:35:46 PM.

So we got any official reps here from Black Arrow besides OP?
For now theres me, and BlackArrow_Matt. For a while I thought he was impersonating me... we have the same name and I got confused lol.

Note the date of the post above.
Cool story bro.

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:30:11 AM

Can someone tell me whats going on in here ?

I am certainly not black arrow matt. I was in BTC Miami this weekend, tons of people can verify that.
A large number of the people on this form know me personally, and my ties to black arrow. Ive never attempted to hide anything.
Better watch out, cuz BlackArrow Matt may just post soon and then it'll be confirmed that you're the same person!
/sarcasm

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:57:11 AM

http://ecointalk.net/topic/392-production-updates/?p=1466

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:41 PM
Just to chime in here.

First off, it is important to us that we are as transparent as possible. We announced our release date was late Feb since day one even while our competition was saying they were going to release months prior. We analyzed our situation and had forecast our honest release date. We've not had any setbacks and are proceeding slightly ahead of schedule. There's absolutely no reason for us to change our release date.

I'll pay attention to this thread especially closely over the next few days and try to answer any questions that may come up.

Thanks!

Okay, Mr. Transparent Matt. Here's my vitals:

Bruno Kucinskas
406 W. Center St.
Sandwich, IL  60548

815-508-1668

That supplied, one simple question: What's your real last name, Matt?

~TMIBTCITW
Dude, why does it matter so much? What are you hoping to get out of this?
Maybe they value their privacy. It's obvious that you don't.

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:54:36 AM

To say that all this has a strong sense of déjà vu about it is an understatement.

-----

Heard near the watercooler:

"So did you hear about that bitcoin hardware manufacturer who has scammed their customers and won't be delivering their products for months?"
"Wait, is that the one in Utah or somewhere with the guy who's suffering from the after-effects of chemo or heavy drug addiction and misrepresents everything to everyone?"
"Uh no... but the cancer is spreading."

Wink

goozman96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:31:05 AM

Disclosing a business phone number is different from revealing a last name. Might as well ask him for his social security number while you're at it too. Or hey, maybe you could post yours!
Also, do you really have nothing better to do than to sift through a 90 page thread?
This will be my last reply to you.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

So when are we going to be addressed from BA today?  And will it be more than writing a short FU message on this forum then logging off for another 2 months?

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:30:40 PM

So when are we going to be addressed from BA today?  And will it be more than writing a short FU message on this forum then logging off for another 2 months?

It's getting brutal watching this thread. What looked so promising earlier on seems to have turned into a pile of shit with so little regard shown for those customers/investors who splashed their cash earlier on.

Probably now is the time to be dusting off your Ebay account and trying to differentiate your listing from the others that are up there already. Don't worry too much, there still seems to be healthy demand for even Block Erupter usb miners, so I'm sure there will be bids on the BA gear. Not that this is any solution to the predicament that so many people hoped they wouldn't find themselves in, it's understandable some people are furious.

Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: