Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 10:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 [994] 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 2250 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2438 blocks  (Read 5351881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:54:31 PM

If anyone has noticed any disconnects over the last hour or so, it seems there's some mineor internet problems around the pacific.
I've not noticed the pool hash rate change any more than usual, but a linode monitoring node keeps complaining about node and pool connections.
Very few miners should be affected, however, and they should just be reconnecting pretty much as soon as it happens.

Would this have anything to do with all my S9's going offline? I got out of bed an hour ago and noticed that all my S9's had little xxxxxxx all the way across on all hash boards. I rebooted them all and they're back up, could it be pool connection related somehow? None of my S7-LN were affected.

I don't think xxxxx boards have anything to do with the pool. If there was a major disconnect to the pool, then ALL of your miners would be affected, not only s9's. Besides, your s9's would be mining at your backup pool. But I've read here and in some other threads that s9's do have some internal issues. I have only s7's so can't really say what could be the cause in your case.

I've seen a problem twice now where one of my S9 boards fell over to all xxx's. It was a different board each time. The issue was temporary and resolved by a restart.

In both cases I was on a profit switching multi-pool. I've never seen it happen when mining on Kano.

Note that I'm running my S9s in a data center with reliable cooling and power. The chip temp of the hottest running miner's hottest board are around 87.

I'm fairly sure that the issue I saw was related to low difficulty specified by the pools during fail over. At least that's what was happening at the time the board fell over. It went from around 90k difficulty to 201 on the failover, then back to 64 on the primary pool, all in the space of a minute.

I'm now using a minimum difficulty on all pools in an attempt to work around the problem. Also, I'm back on Kano. My experiments with multi-pools and alts was not exactly stellar.

Also there's a script floating around that can be installed on an S9 that restarts the miner if the hash rate falls below a specified value. You might want to ping aarons6 about it if you're interested.

I think that the only problem with a restart script is if a board falls over permanently, which has happened to a number of forum members. If that happens then the script would keep restarting the miner every 5 minutes, which would not be helpful.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:24:51 PM

If anyone has noticed any disconnects over the last hour or so, it seems there's some mineor internet problems around the pacific.
I've not noticed the pool hash rate change any more than usual, but a linode monitoring node keeps complaining about node and pool connections.
Very few miners should be affected, however, and they should just be reconnecting pretty much as soon as it happens.

Would this have anything to do with all my S9's going offline? I got out of bed an hour ago and noticed that all my S9's had little xxxxxxx all the way across on all hash boards. I rebooted them all and they're back up, could it be pool connection related somehow? None of my S7-LN were affected.

yeah  that more then likely means you are overheating or short power psu wise.

So what freq are you rated?  550 575 600?

What freq are you running? 525 550 575?

What are your temps?  60-90 / 65-95 / 70-100 / 75-105

try to lower the freq by 25  and get temps to 60-90 or 65-95

what psu's do you use?  the bitmaintech psu suffers a big drop off when it gets warm:

50c it can give 133 amps  = 1596 watts   this is good for the s-9 at   freq   550
 55c it can give 117 amps  = 1404 watts   this is okay for the s-9 at   freq   550
 60c it can give 107 amps  = 1284 watts   this is short for the  s-9 at freq   550

So  maybe a clock to 506- 525  vs a clock to 550 would fix you issues

APW3-12-1600-B2

My PCB temps are always in the 60's and chip temps always under 100. Chip temps stay between 90-97 depending on the time of day. Some S9's run hotter than others, as of right now only one is running the stock 600, that one also happens to run the coolest (Batch 12 weird). The others (Batch 4) have been under-clocked slightly to keep temps under 100. Im using bitmain PSU. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it, i have a heavy duty fan moving the hot exhaust out. So far this is the first time it's happened, but I also noticed that my ETH rig was down so i guess it could have been a local power issue... Thanks for the input! Now if i could only get my HOA to approve solar panels on my roof...
fusion0389

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:33:18 PM

I don't think xxxxx boards have anything to do with the pool. If there was a major disconnect to the pool, then ALL of your miners would be affected, not only s9's. Besides, your s9's would be mining at your backup pool. But I've read here and in some other threads that s9's do have some internal issues. I have only s7's so can't really say what could be the cause in your case.

Yeah thats a point, it was just so weird because all my miners are hooked into the same power, same internet, same everything. So, theoretically if power slipped, they should have all taken a dump, pool crapped out, all should have dropped, etc. I'm gonna keep an eye on it, but it is quite odd... Trying to stop myself from putting on a tin foil hat haha
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:06:51 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 05:11:51 PM by firetreeactual

Yeah thats a point, it was just so weird because all my miners are hooked into the same power, same internet, same everything. So, theoretically if power slipped, they should have all taken a dump, pool crapped out, all should have dropped, etc. I'm gonna keep an eye on it, but it is quite odd... Trying to stop myself from putting on a tin foil hat haha

I've heard of this behavior from others, but no clear indicators for the reason (other than what BM probably already knows). I still think it can be a power issue, aside from heat. I don't use BiteMe PSUs. When  I began using S3s a while back, I got "stuck" on the HP 1KW PSU bricks for servers, using gridseed adapters with heavy wire. It takes two of them to run an S7, or an A6, or an S9. I ran two boards off of one brick, and the other board and controller off of the other for an S7. I didn't buy an S9, but figure it's probably close. The HP bricks run very efficiently, and using that kind of configuration results in no PSU having to put out more than around 75%. Anyway, it could be that your S9s are just that much more sensitive to 12v level, and either a shaky PSU, or line power that fluctuates and consequently (except in higher end PSUs that compensate for that adequately) may vary the output power, and that issue may not show up on other gear. We have a shaky power grid here on the island...that's an issue here, and we all use line conditioners or high-end PSUs because of it. It can also happen because of old wiring and so-so grounds. I suppose that's not very helpful, but seemed I should share it.

EDIT: What brought this to mind is that when I was running all six S3s, they were overclocked to varying degrees. An S3 has four PCIe plugs; it only needs two (one per board) to run normally. On some, but not all, of them if I went above default clock, I'd start getting xxx's even though the temps were still OK. When I'd plug in the other two PCIe inputs, the x's would disappear.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
fusion0389

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:14:06 PM

I've heard of this behavior from others, but no clear indicators for the reason (other than what BM probably already knows). I still think it can be a power issue, aside from heat. I don't use BiteMe PSUs. When  I began using S3s a while back, I got "stuck" on the HP 1KW PSU bricks for servers, using gridseed adapters with heavy wire. It takes two of them to run an S7, or an A6, or an S9. I ran two boards off of one brick, and the other board and controller off of the other for an S7. I didn't buy an S9, but figure it's probably close. The HP bricks run very efficiently, and using that kind of configuration results in no PSU having to put out more than around 75%. Anyway, it could be that your S9s are just that much more sensitive to 12v level, and either a shaky PSU, or line power that fluctuates and consequently (except in higher end PSUs that compensate for that adequately) may vary the output power, and that issue may not show up on other gear. We have a shaky power grid here on the island...that's an issue here, and we all use line conditioners or high-end PSUs because of it. It can also happen because of old wiring and so-so grounds. I suppose that's not very helpful, but seemed I should share it.

Thanks for the input, i have a sneaking suspicion that it could be PSU related, i mean that's what all the S9's have in common. I'm using an IBM DPS2000 PSU to power of GPU's im thinking i may pick up another and use it for the S9. Max output is higher than that of the Bitmain PSU, leaves quite a bit of overhead even if it gets warm and efficiency goes down.
PantminerS7

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:21:23 PM

where can i see my actual balance?

This might sound rude, but you can see that in your bitcoin wallet.
hoosier_13

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:29:28 PM

Man, need to break out of this block slump!

Bitrated user: TICH13.
CryptoBuddha

Activity: 233

reality is what you think it is

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:17:25 PM

exactly  Cheesy

But let me explain without being rude.
VivaLaGuN, there is no such thing at this pool as "my balance", where one could collect some coins and then in some time request a payout. All rewards are paid out without miners' requests when the pool finds the next block (only if your payout is above the dust level). So you should better check your "payments" tab on the pool's website instead.

aka Shammann elsewhere, spreche etwas Deutsch, pyccкий тoжe знaю
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:58:11 PM

exactly  Cheesy

But let me explain without being rude.
VivaLaGuN, there is no such thing at this pool as "my balance", where one could collect some coins and then in some time request a payout. All rewards are paid out without miners' requests when the pool finds the next block (only if your payout is above the dust level). So you should better check your "payments" tab on the pool's website instead.

That was my take on the post as well...that they were looking for a number similar to what Slush shows on the dashboard. Simply put, "we don't do dat." In fairness, I think Pantminer simply misunderstood the meaning...perhaps because they've not mined on Slush or another that's similar in layout.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
PantminerS7

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

That was my take on the post as well...that they were looking for a number similar to what Slush shows on the dashboard. Simply put, "we don't do dat." In fairness, I think Pantminer simply misunderstood the meaning...perhaps because they've not mined on Slush or another that's similar in layout.

I just went by the literal English meaning of "actual balance" (which, to me, is the private keys you control and their utxo's)... I'm sorry if anyone was offended.
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:36:50 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 09:21:55 PM by firetreeactual

I just went by the literal English meaning of "actual balance" (which, to me, is the private keys you control and their utxo's)... I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

No worries. I don't know that anyone was offended...I didn't take your post that way. I've had a pretty global existence, and so personally I don't assume someone on a board like this one is English-proficient. Many use digital translators, and we all know how accurate those are  Cool   So...I tend to not take certain terms and idioms literally. They may not mean the same thing to me as to the writer.

tbonetony

Activity: 441

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:24:09 PM

I have seen this issue happened a lot to my S9 a month ago when I was renting it out on MRR. I think S9 in general has very low tolerance and recoverability from network disruption. I was very concerned at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on. Recently I have gained clearer and clearer feel about this, I just don't have a technical proof to verify it.

I have to admit I hate this problem so much because it made me not sleep well during nights because I didn't know when it would happen.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 8721

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 11:32:44 PM

I have seen this issue happened a lot to my S9 a month ago when I was renting it out on MRR. I think S9 in general has very low tolerance and recoverability from network disruption. I was very concerned at the beginning because I didn't know what was going on. Recently I have gained clearer and clearer feel about this, I just don't have a technical proof to verify it.

I have to admit I hate this problem so much because it made me not sleep well during nights because I didn't know when it would happen.

try isolating them to 1 sub router

.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFATSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cable modem>>> your router>> optional switch >   sub router above

the sub router above will do 7 s-9's  with an empty jack for a laptop  that is how you see then 7 miners

this has other benefits   you can use 2 or 3 or 4 or more sub routers  depends on switch size

you will know what is on each sub-router 

say one is all s-9
say the next is all r-4
say the last is all avalon 7

also if you have multiple rooms  one long ethernet to each sub router  and short ethernet from it to each miner.

Since I did this I have discovered more stability  with s-9's

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:45:31 AM

I sure have come to hate the color red.  Sad

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
fusion0389

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:51:13 AM

try isolating them to 1 sub router

.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFATSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cable modem>>> your router>> optional switch >   sub router above

the sub router above will do 7 s-9's  with an empty jack for a laptop  that is how you see then 7 miners

this has other benefits   you can use 2 or 3 or 4 or more sub routers  depends on switch size

you will know what is on each sub-router  

say one is all s-9
say the next is all r-4
say the last is all avalon 7

also if you have multiple rooms  one long ethernet to each sub router  and short ethernet from it to each miner.

Since I did this I have discovered more stability  with s-9's

I've heard you recommend this before, im trying to wrap my mind around the benefit of putting the devices behind two routers before it hits the internet. I think that putting them on their own VLAN would effectively do the same thing. If it happens again, i'll look more into it... On a side note, anyone update their S9 firmware to the July release? I'd like to know what they changed..
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:52:20 AM

BLOCK!  Grin

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:53:11 AM

Hrmphgmmmmmphhhpp....

Did I hear a block drop?

fusion0389

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:54:10 AM

I sure have come to hate the color red.  Sad

It did look good on a Corvette i test drove a while back.... I'm starting not to like red anymore hahaha, glad we squeezed out that block!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:18:05 AM

... and on the Shift page, that's 2 Kosaki's in a row Smiley
Time to think about sacrificing more anime characters to the block gods ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:20:23 AM

Hrmphgmmmmmphhhpp....

Did I hear a block drop?

Seeing Grumpy sleeping peacefully..... makes me sleepy...

Seems we lost a few more big irons.... now 41PH at pool...

Hope we can pass this difficult times and get more to come mine at Kano...

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Pages: « 1 ... 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 [994] 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 2250 »
  Print  

Jump to: