Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:08:39 PM

Expected is actually the # of blocks we expect as of the last block found.  As to extrapolating to the end of the month, both the pool's hashrate and the Nd will change during the month so it'd be more of a guess.  As Kano-san has it now, it's a direct measurement.
Mine on!

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
NomadGroup

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:42:49 PM

You know this is the second time I buy a control board to replace and first time I got one on eBay and ended up paying like $185 with express shipping but the bastard didn't even had the board on hands and ended up sending it to me 20 days after I've made the payment!!!  And I've received it like 27 days after Angry. I was so freaking pissed because I've lost like $400 while waiting for it!!!  Angry Angry Angry. This is the sellers name by the way "kurniaboss888".

Anyway after another miners control board broke i stared looking for another place to buy because there is no way I would wait that long again! And pay that much when they are like $70 from bitmain (of course they never have it in stock).  I found a guy on Aliexpress and here is the link to the board itself...  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kuangcheng-s9-control-board-Applicable-to-ANTMINER-S9-14T-13-5T-13T-12-5T-12T-11/32828043453.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.iP2lmv

I bought 3 from him on the 5th or 6th and they are already in the Local DHL so it was fast!  I payed $77 for each and like $30 for the shipping of 3.  Although I just checked when I was copying the link for you and he changed his price from $77 to $99 but I think it's still is better than an S9 just sitting when it can make you that $100 in a week working.  If you like I can PM you tomorrow and let you know if what I got is good or not.   WinkSmiley

Yes, please let me know if it works. I see that is a 1 piece board. Where as mine is a two-piece. Would installing that one piece make my miner "auto-tune"? I really don't care if it does or not. It will just be nice to get back on-line.

Thanks for letting me know!!

EDIT: I quess I will be flashing the miner/board after installation with the appropriate firmware. In this case, 600MHz

No problem my friend! Smiley  I'll let you know as soon as I get them and install one.  Don't know if it will fit your miner, I've never even seen an S9 with a 2 piece control board.  In mine it just slides out after pulling back 2 little metal locks on the sides (One board) At the same time I'm pretty sure it is compatible and will work as long as you manage to install it on the miner somehow.  In my opinion it should work and auto tune the hash boards that you have as long as your miner 11-12, 12.5-13, 13.5-14 th model.  But you should Definitely consult the guy before you buy and I'm sure he will tell you.  In any case the buyer protection is working on Aliexpress and you will get the money back if something doesn't work but you need to ask first.  I bought some new bulbs for headlights once and they were like 2 days late so they gave me the money back. Smiley

I'll let you know.  Wink
dzimmerm56

Activity: 118
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:46:47 PM

Had to do a little rewiring due to a 60 amp fuse blowing when I tried to run my electric clothes dryer.
The dryer is now on a separate circuit from the bitcoin miners.
The bitcoin miners are chugging along much happier now.
I lost several hours of bitcoin mining but thanks to the method of payment at Kano pool the payments only varied by a small amount.
The cooler months are in the near future and I will probably bring my S7LNs upstairs if for no other reason than to replace my wife's heater in the bedroom. After all, if you are going to heat with electricity it might as well be generating bitcoins!

On another note, Canaan is out of stock on the A741 as single unit sales but not out of stock for large orders.
I understand their hope to make more money with less work but this leaves me feeling a bit left out as I can
not afford $43000 or $49000 for a group of A741s
Lets hope they bring back single unit sales soon.
I hope everyone is staying high and dry as the weather disrupts our lives.

dzimmerm

1 S9, 2  A741s, 1 A821, 3 A841s, and full bitcoin node
About 80THash/sec
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:51:55 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 03:12:00 PM by wmabern

No problem my friend! Smiley  I'll let you know as soon as I get them and install one.  Don't know if it will fit your miner, I've never even seen an S9 with a 2 piece control board.  In mine it just slides out after pulling back 2 little metal locks on the sides (One board) At the same time I'm pretty sure it is compatible and will work as long as you manage to install it on the miner somehow.  In my opinion it should work and auto tune the hash boards that you have as long as your miner 11-12, 12.5-13, 13.5-14 th model.  But you should Definitely consult the guy before you buy and I'm sure he will tell you.  In any case the buyer protection is working on Aliexpress and you will get the money back if something doesn't work but you need to ask first.  I bought some new bulbs for headlights once and they were like 2 days late so they gave me the money back. Smiley

I'll let you know.  Wink

Yes, I'm sure it will work on mine. The newer control boards are all one piece. Bitmain sent me a link to buy one this morning and wanted $60 but said it will ship within 20 working days. I don't want to wait that long and will spend the extra $$ to get it in a week. Mine attaches the same way as yours. My old one just had an additional black board that plugged into the green The new ones do away with the black board and everything is self-contained on the green board.

Thanks so much for the info!

I apologize for being a bit off topic, but I'm trying to get an additional S9 hashing on our pool.  Wink

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
mawk01

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:18:35 PM

Hey guys.....I've had my two 741s running about 36 hrs now with no interuption, but decided to shut them down now as the storm is making it's way thru Georgia....being the noob I am and not really up to speed on 5nd....how long before I need to come back up before it affects my numbers......thanks.
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 03:44:01 PM by wmabern

Hey guys.....I've had my two 741s running about 36 hrs now with no interuption, but decided to shut them down now as the storm is making it's way thru Georgia....being the noob I am and not really up to speed on 5nd....how long before I need to come back up before it affects my numbers......thanks.

Going off-line will start effecting your 5Nd immediately. It will start dropping slowly at about the same speed as it ramped up.

If you can get it back on-line within, say, 8 hours (two of those pink columns on the Workers-> Graph page) you will be able to bounce back up pretty quickly depending on how fast we find blocks. (After giving the previous statement a little thought, I don't think it will matter how fast we find blocks.) I know enough to be dangerous! LOL

I'm sure others will have a better answer for you, but that understanding works for me! ;-)

EDIT: I am in the North Carolina mountains and we are starting to get some rain and wind. Not sure if I will need to take my miners down, but I will wait and see what arrives.

mawk01

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

Going off-line will start effecting your 5Nd immediately. It will start dropping slowly at about the same speed as it ramped up.

If you can get it back on-line within, say, 8 hours (two of those pink columns on the Workers-> Graph page) you will be able to bounce back up pretty quickly depending on how fast we find blocks.

I'm sure others will have a better answer for you, but that understanding works for me! ;-)

EDIT: I am in the North Carolina mountains and we are starting to get some rain and wind. Not sure if I will need to take my miners down, but I will wait and see what arrives.

Thanks....appreciate that.....so the lights started flickering, and though I hated to pull the plug...thought I'd better lean on the side of caution.  Hopefully be able to spin back up in a few hours.....
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:47:04 PM

Thanks....appreciate that.....so the lights started flickering, and though I hated to pull the plug...thought I'd better lean on the side of caution.  Hopefully be able to spin back up in a few hours.....

Yeah, when the lights start flickering it's best to unplug. Even if it doesn't out-right damage it, those power fluctuations can cause premature failure of the electronics down the road.

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:42:25 PM

Block by dfagundes with 28.46! 

This is our 4th of BLOCK MONDAY! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is after 3 Blocks yesterday! Grin
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Yeah, when the lights start flickering it's best to unplug. Even if it doesn't out-right damage it, those power fluctuations can cause premature failure of the electronics down the road.
That's why I run a Tripplite LC1800 on each of my miner PSUs. Cheap insurance.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
-EOS-

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:25:55 PM

Loving it..  keep them coming!
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:02:47 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 06:13:52 PM by Apprentice

one what nodes are the blocks being found (or the most found blocks/node)? are there stats about that?
Apprentice

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

Loving it..  keep them coming!

I have a feeling this isn't the last block for today!!!!!!!
bigGG

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

yeah it is very likely dying on you.

and most likely it is a board or two.

not the controller.

definitely possible that the board is dying but for now it seems to be working from the local side, so i was wondering why the pool side hr hadn't moved.  but it's slowly coming up now (>10.5TH/s) so the number on the workers>>workers page of kano.is must be a little bit longer average than what i expected.
Your hash rate can take an hour or two to level out.
Of course that can be high or low on the pool, but it takes a while to converge.

Also, of course, if you were almost continually mining, i.e. the stop+start was short, the 1hr hash rate will take longer to average out since it's not 'starting from now at zero' but instead averaging out the longer running lower hash rate with the higher new hash rate.

Hi,

I have had a very similar experience. Had a bit of a power spike and middle board on one of my s9 just stopped hashing. Sounds exactly like your board. Everything working except no hash showing in the pool and board just showing no hash, (so kind of not working, but working!).

I moved controller cables from working boards to the dud one to see if that helped...but that did  no joy  Cry. I left it running for a couple of days but that did not help either.

Have just, (today) sent board off to Bitmain Warranty USA. I am in UK so may be in for a long wait. Still the s9 is still pushing out 8 (ish) Th/s on the two remaining boards.

I'll let you know how it goes...

G.

NomadGroup

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:08:51 PM

I'll let you know.  Wink

Yes, I'm sure it will work on mine. The newer control boards are all one piece. Bitmain sent me a link to buy one this morning and wanted $60 but said it will ship within 20 working days. I don't want to wait that long and will spend the extra $$ to get it in a week. Mine attaches the same way as yours. My old one just had an additional black board that plugged into the green The new ones do away with the black board and everything is self-contained on the green board.

I apologize for being a bit off topic, but I'm trying to get an additional S9 hashing on our pool.  Wink

Ok my friend, just got done installing the board!  They look new and work just fine although I decided to clean the miner by compressed air and now one hashing board only has 48 chips working instead of 63.  I knew I should've cleaned it!  Undecided Cry Cry Cry.  If you have the link that you could give me in order to send this board for repair in the U.S, I would really appreciate it!  But yeah the control boards work just fine, I even tried and installed 2 new boards on the miner just to make sure that it wasn't a faulty control board and that it really was the hashing board that messed up.

So you're good to go!  In the U.S you should get it super quick!  Good luck my friend!

And Mine On!  Smiley Wink
Apprentice

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:11:41 PM

I'll let you know.  Wink

Ok my friend, just got done installing the board!  They look new and work just fine although I decided to clean the miner by compressed air and now one hashing board only has 48 chips working instead of 63.  I knew I should've cleaned it!  Undecided Cry Cry Cry.  If you have the link that you could give me in order to send this board for repair in the U.S, I would really appreciate it!  But yeah the control boards work just fine, I even tried and installed 2 new boards on the miner just to make sure that it wasn't a faulty control board and that it really was the hashing board that messed up.

So you're good to go!  In the U.S you should get it super quick!  Good luck my friend!

If the board had faulty chips after blowing compressed air than maybe the heat sinks are sitting properly on those chips and the chips did overheat.
You might want to remove the board(s) and check the heat sinks hoping the chips were not damaged.
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:13:39 PM

Thank you for the information. I'm sorry about your hash board. I am assuming you mean the repair facility in Colorado? Bitmain Warranty? If so, their website is:https://bitmainwarranty.com/

I will proceed with my order from the link you gave me.

Good luck!!  Cheesy

gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:15:25 PM

Glad this didn't happen to our pool. Crazy https://themerkle.com/multiple-mining-pools-suffer-from-yiimp-hack/

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:23:15 PM

That's altcoin nonsense.  Couldn't affect this pool, and with kano-san on the case, not much ever will!!  Wink

Mine On!  Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:27:38 PM

Hey guys, new and small scale miner here!

Really enjoying being part of the community and contributing my measles 1.2 THS to the pool!

Although I'm not much of a miner, I am quite a good business man - and I'm realising my single S5 is not going to be generating me much £££!! Thankfully, I have solar panels which cover a lot of the cost of electricity so it is just about economical for me to run.

I have a question - does the forum or this mining group ever do a group buy? Seems that Canaan only have bulk buy of 741's, has anyone tried to organise a pool buy? It would be a great way of boosting pool mining power!

Anyways, would be great to hear people's thoughts. Great block results these past few days!

PS - I'll take a 741 miner!

Made you look!
Pages: « 1 ... 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: