Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:21:55 AM

Or maybe it's just that the last 3 months *really* sucked. and this month is shaping up to be the same.
How is it the same?

... and September being average 99.80% PPS seems quite a lot better than "*really* sucked" Tongue
The CDF[Erl] of 0.7642 means about 1 in 4.24 months that's expected to be worse.

excuse me while I slow clap for you....
Then find another pool?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:27:44 AM

Don't argue with idiots, kanosan.  First they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.  Cheesy

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

It runs that way sometimes. In August, just after the halving, it was a slow dismal fight with lack luster performance. Then last November sucked something terrible. After that December came and it was even worse. January look like it wasn't going to do anything, then ended up pulling it out to almost 100%. Then boom, February hit and we kicked ass and I bought 5 more miners. March sucked again. In April we kicked so much ass I made enough buy 10 new miners. There's just no predicting it. It's just luck.

To me it always seems like every time I buy a new miner, luck turns to shit. Or every time I have an important transfer, we run into 50 minutes network block and the mempool backs up and I wind up getting my transaction stuck for an unending period of time.

So it comes down too this. Do you trust that the pool op is doing his job or not? If not, find a pool where you feel that way. If you do, then mine on and sacrifice some damn chickens.

I for one will be happy to see the accounting portion done, as it think it will make it more newbie friendly. I would also like to see the pools web front end look more polished. I know we got way more info available than any other pool. But I think the newbies, for the most part, aren't gonna see that. They need something flashy to look at. Coz we gotta grow as a pool or the variance is only gonna get worse. Surely there have to be some web page designers among us that would be willing to pitch in.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:53:49 AM

Don't argue with idiots, kanosan.  First they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.  Cheesy
Ja, but as you've so often seen with me one still has to try and point the confused one in the right direction to understand how mining/pools/etc work.

If they insist on remaining well then...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:02:44 AM

... something flashy to look at. Coz we gotta grow as a pool or the variance is only gonna get worse. Surely there have to be some web page designers among us that would be willing to pitch in.
Yeah there's a few requirements in that though that most web designers don't understand Smiley
(and most pools don't understand either)

I'll list them here so if anyone else is interested in doing anything, they'll know the requirements.
1) Requests (as few as possible)
When you access a page on our web site, it returns one blob of text, and the only other request your browser makes is to get the tiny images in the top left (usually just the eye)
Though, the index page (that's not much use except the first time you visit the site) includes the background image.

Most web sites break everything up into multiple files that the browser caches, but the browser has to check each one with multiple requests across the internet.

2) Page size
If you've looked as the actual page size for most pages on our web site, they are quite small, even with everything required included in the one file.
The Blocks page is only 51K in total.

3) Security
Most web sites cross link scripts to other web sites and other sources.

Visit any good bank and you'll find they don't do that ... for a reason.
It only takes a DNS hack or even a web site hack, where any of the other content comes from, and then someone can EASILY hack into you.

4) 'Flashy'
Well, if it involves anything like flash or other scripting languages to produce animated images, then that's completely out.

The bottom line is that the site contains more than the necessary information, it's fast to load, and it's secure.

... and a bit of information about the current web server - it's Load Average is usually around 0.00 to 0.01 - and it handles about 150-200K requests a day at the moment.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:24:06 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 01:49:31 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Gotta agree 100% with ^^.
Ever since my Compuserve dial-up days I still relish small fast data dl - these days aka fast page loading. The caching used in the early new-fangled web (still dialup) --- once the pics for a sites background were cached, pretty but god forbid ya go to a different new page  Shocked Static pages is fine by me since a quick ctrl-R and page is reloaded at will anyway. If I want to see near RT performance I'll look at what Awesome Miner says how the farm is doing.

Don't even get me going on cross-site scripting (non) security...

edit: Well I'll be damned. that brief trip back got me to looking to see if Gopher still lived. It does! Reborn for The Evil Web as GoodGopher Poking around there now...
edit edit: Good Gopher's Independent Media filter list of sources is rather - out there - but they do also have an Academia list filter. That is looking damn good at filtering out Fringe material Wink

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:39:11 AM

4) 'Flashy'
Well, if it involves anything like flash or other scripting languages to produce animated images, then that's completely out.

The bottom line is that the site contains more than the necessary information, it's fast to load, and it's secure.

... and a bit of information about the current web server - it's Load Average is usually around 0.00 to 0.01 - and it handles about 150-200K requests a day at the moment.
Flashy was probably an incorrect choice on my part. I think just something that looks more polished and slick than just our text and numbers. I know that we have WAY more info available to us about pool performance than any other pool. And I wouldn't want any of that to go away. Just maybe moved to the background and our front end more newbie friendly. It is what we get judged by when a perspective new miner comes to check out our pool. And we want them to feel as welcome and at home as possible. Like, yeah ok, I get this. They can find the details later. Then once they know more about mining and see what is under the hood compared to other pools, they'll be hooked. Maybe even make a different link for those of us who like the simple front end we have now.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:50:28 AM

4) 'Flashy'

Flashy was probably an incorrect choice on my part. I think just something that looks more polished and slick than just our text and numbers. I know that we have WAY more info available to us about pool performance than any other pool. And I wouldn't want any of that to go away. Just maybe moved to the background and our front end more newbie friendly. It is what we get judged by when a perspective new miner comes to check out our pool. And we want them to feel as welcome and at home as possible. Like, yeah ok, I get this. They can find the details later. Then once they know more about mining and see what is under the hood compared to other pools, they'll be hooked. Maybe even make a different link for those of us who like the simple front end we have now.
Hmm, well maybe a "My Home" page of some sorts that's the default start when you login ...
But it's gotta avoid trying to turn the whole web site into one page coz that means the page they refresh all the time is the page that does the most work on the main server and the web server.

NCDiesel

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:57:44 AM

4.5 days?

https://youtu.be/ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Grin

-------------------------------------
4 Avalon 841s
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:25:54 AM

You're showing your age with a Hee Haw reference there Diesel...!  And so am I calling you out on it!!!  Cheesy

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
qrnode

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:38:00 AM

Yeah there's a few requirements in that though that most web designers don't understand Smiley

I like the website as is. It's fast and provides all of the info I need. The only thing i wish you would change is the link to this forum on the homepage. It would be nice if when clicked it went to the most recent post/page. Maybe the link below would work.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.100000
realhayesreal

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:39:11 AM

Dead chicken 🐔 fucking wifey already started in on me and only killed one !  She just doesn’t understand variance.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:46:52 AM

I like the website as is. It's fast and provides all of the info I need. The only thing i wish you would change is the link to this forum on the homepage. It would be nice if when clicked it went to the most recent post/page. Maybe the link below would work.

Added it to the beginning of the first post here instead.
I'd prefer people who come here to read some of the first post, if they've never been here before Smiley

NCDiesel

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:57:28 AM

You're showing your age with a Hee Haw reference there Diesel...!  And so am I calling you out on it!!!  Cheesy

"Hey sis.  Just hold those bunny ears right there...  na wait. I got some tin foil...".

Smiley

-------------------------------------
4 Avalon 841s
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:02:54 AM

Added it to the beginning of the first post here instead.
I'd prefer people who come here to read some of the first post, if they've never been here before Smiley

For those who have never been here they do need to read the first post to get some context Smiley

For those of us who follow along, this link will do it for you... Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.new#new
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 08:26:48 AM

I'll list them here so if anyone else is interested in doing anything, they'll know the requirements.
1) Requests (as few as possible)
When you access a page on our web site, it returns one blob of text, and the only other request your browser makes is to get the tiny images in the top left (usually just the eye)
Though, the index page (that's not much use except the first time you visit the site) includes the background image.

Most web sites break everything up into multiple files that the browser caches, but the browser has to check each one with multiple requests across the internet.

4) 'Flashy'

I am assuming that your web server is separate from the miner processing and with the low loads, you may have some room for a little bit of flashy.  I have only been here for a few months and I am very used to the familiar look of the site.  I suspect a fair number of people are reading the home page for info about block changes (as I do).  If it were me, I would have the home page be a static .html page that gets updated once a minute for those using it for processing.  The browser would cache that page in most cases, and if not, it loads directly.  Inside of that, I would add a couple lines of javascript to load a json encoded set of values for the few dynamic fields from your server including how many seconds to delay for the next "ping".  That would be 100 bytes or less, so not a lot of traffic, but yes, it is a hit.  Once loaded, update those fields and set it up to do it again in however many seconds your server determines was safe (and random to distribute the load).  You could even do something like the page count on bottom left of strandvision dot com where the javascript has a starting value, starting time and increment value per 1/10th second and have the shares actively count up as an estimate till the next update.  On the server side, I would cache the dynamic fields once per second (memory or disk) to reduce database queries for all these repeat queries.

Also, with the importance of fees, I would also consider adding a current block value to the home page stats to help miners understand how frequently the transactions change and get a feel for where the mempool is (and user urgency) at the moment.

If you are using a LAMP setup, I would be willing to do this for you for free.  I also think that some enhancements to your API may help grow the site.  I have a pretty flexible API library that can optionally do tracking, limiting, checksum verification with a secret for some calls, security groups of access levels - all can be individually configured per key.  The actual code for the api call is a php script object that can utilize any of your existing code to build a php array.  That array is sent back to the API library which formats to the user's preference of json or xml.  I would be willing to offer that to your for free and if you like, willing to put in the couple hours to get it incorporated into your site.  If you feel comfortable with my work, I would also be willing to help with other API pieces including the payment reporting for each miner.

If you would like my help, I could probably complete these in 2 to 3 weeks (have a full time job to keep up with too).

I am also building up minergain dot com which will eventually do a fair bit of this as well - although delayed by a minute in most cases.  That is free for anyone interested although obviously not as far along as Kano's site.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
Sosoft

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:22:59 AM

I like the web site the way it is too.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:58:51 AM

Looks like it's down...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:26:44 AM

Looks like it's down...
Well it should never not work, but on occasion it may give the reloading/timeout message.
Obviously it's reloading when I do a reload - but I always post about them when I do them, or shortly after if KanoDB restarts itself - and the Stats page says when that was last.
The timeout occurs for another reason, but I can't see that in the console in the last 2 hours.

rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

Time to sacrifice the virgins now!
Pages: « 1 ... 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: