Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA development board "Lancelot" - accept bitsteam developer's orders.  (Read 101825 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:32:50 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2012, 03:10:28 PM by DiabloD3

Boards were completed, but bitstream issues were encountered, I think in the light of *** announcement hes wound down the project.

kind regards

So now *** automatically gets censored to *** in this forum subsection Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildemagic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:18:31 PM

So now *** automatically gets censored to *** in this forum subsection Huh

No its just that every thread seems to mention ***
So astute persons self censor in the face of every thread containing *** either in the heading or the body.

I dont like to mention *** in a thread that clearly isnt about *** <grins>

kind regards

.,-._|\     Offgrid 1.7kW Solar and 3G wireless internet powering my mining rig.
/ .Oz. \
\_,--.x/     [219.5btc of successful trades total] with : rastapool, miernik, flatronw & OneFixt
       o
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:19:19 PM

If this is only a bitstream issue i sugest to start selling without bitstream for those that want to order development version. They will easy download bitstream later. And now loded it with Icarus bitstream.
It's really not long when BFL wil release their ASIC's so this project needs to be realesed very soon. Other way only few person will buy it. Perssonaly I buy it only becuse it can be used for something else and I have few projects in my work where FPGA's can have their jobs to be done.
Development boards costs enormous amount of money so Lancelot is real candy on the cake.
ngzang HURRY UP.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
wildemagic

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:22:45 PM

i sugest to start selling without bitstream for those that want to order development version

If it were just a case of installing the icarus bitstream, even the 200mhz version, then I think ngzhang may have already done this.
Perhaps there are other issues too.

kind regards

.,-._|\     Offgrid 1.7kW Solar and 3G wireless internet powering my mining rig.
/ .Oz. \
\_,--.x/     [219.5btc of successful trades total] with : rastapool, miernik, flatronw & OneFixt
       o
midnightmagic

Activity: 88
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:31:07 PM

I'm a huge ngzhang fan; the open-source nature of Icarus is the biggest reason why I think Icarus was such a special project.

I just wanted to say that we are making a fundamental assumption here: that BFL is doing its own design work. It is possible that it simply acquired the work that another company was already doing, and thus got the jump on development efforts. (For example, it might be that LargeCoin is much further along, developmentally, and they either partnered with or were bought out by, BFL with an agreement about money influx.) So it is very possible that even though BFL hasn't actually put any money into real ASIC design, they are using their reputation from the prior minirigs and singles to help LargeCoin, which got a lot of flak for an unfair business plan.
wildemagic

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 10:10:15 PM

[stuff]

Seriously?  Perhaps this is better posted in the speculation sub-forum since it has nothing to do with the icarus hardware.

kind regards

/ .Oz. \
       o
ChiangYay

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:39:11 AM

I  think the point is:
if ngzang can not come up with an ASIC project soon he will be out of the market in about 8 months like all the others FGPAs producers.
I'm very sorry for him because I'm a big fan and I would be happy see a ngzang ASIC.
It would be nice if the community could help him to find a financier instead of pushing him to hurry in a project without hope, he will waste only money and time.
I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone with my post but the strategy of BFL is working.

Dexter you are also saying "Perssonaly I buy it only becuse it can be used for something else"
In other words he should produce in hurry a device that will not be competitive , and that will ruin him, so you could use it for something else.
Good luck.

ChiangYay

If this is only a bitstream issue i sugest to start selling without bitstream for those that want to order development version. They will easy download bitstream later. And now loded it with Icarus bitstream.
It's really not long when BFL wil release their ASIC's so this project needs to be realesed very soon. Other way only few person will buy it. Perssonaly I buy it only becuse it can be used for something else and I have few projects in my work where FPGA's can have their jobs to be done.
Development boards costs enormous amount of money so Lancelot is real candy on the cake.
ngzang HURRY UP.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:03:53 AM

Ngzang, can Lancelot be equipped with cache and programmed to mine Litecoins, too? I'm still in for buying in that case!
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 03:19:47 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 06:51:04 PM by Icoin

I  think the point is:
if ngzang can not come up with an ASIC project soon he will be out of the market in about 8 months like all the others FGPAs producers.
I'm very sorry for him because I'm a big fan and I would be happy see a ngzang ASIC.
It would be nice if the community could help him to find a financier instead of pushing him to hurry in a project without hope, he will waste only money and time.
I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone with my post but the strategy of BFL is working.

Dexter you are also saying "Perssonaly I buy it only becuse it can be used for something else"
In other words he should produce in hurry a device that will not be competitive , and that will ruin him, so you could use it for something else.
Good luck.

I doubt that BFL will come up with a ASICS anytime soon, in my opinion thats just a marketing strategy. Even if they would come up with ASIC - the next generation FPGA (28 nm) is allready on the market (You know if the ASICS will be merged mining capable?).

Thats why the GMP https://cryptostocks.com/securities/9 will work with boards that incoroporates Spartan 6 or even Artix 7 the bitstream problem will be solved, the hardware design of Lancelot looks great and is very usable, aswell as the fact that Lancelot is an open project BFL is not.

wildemagic

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:52:11 PM

<sigh> another hijack about ***.  There are plenty of other threads with *** speculation.

kind regards

/ .Oz. \
       o
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:02:58 PM

<sigh> another hijack about ***.  There are plenty of other threads with *** speculation.

kind regards

What's so bad about that? People want to know if it makes sense to even invest in FPGA's anymore at all at this point.
Give me a reason that I don't have to throw away my investment after difficulty skyrockets...so far there were very few things you can do with FPGAs, if any.
And taking that risk is just not a smart business decision.
wildemagic

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:17:07 PM

[stuff]

erm, read back dude, I was talking about the two thread hijackers, your thread was actually quite interesting.
I think once difficulty raises too high ppl will get real interested in rolling bitstreams that will do litecoin.

kind regards

/ .Oz. \
       o
ChiangYay

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:07:24 AM

I  think the point is:

Good luck.

I doubt that BFL will come up with a ASICS anytime soon, in my opinion thats just a marketing strategy. Even if they would come up with ASIC - the next generation FPGA (28 nm) is allready on the market (You know if the ASICS will be merged mining capable?).

Thats why the GMP https://cryptostocks.com/securities/9 will work with boards that incoroporates Spartan 6 or even Artix 7 the bitstream problem will be solved, the hardware design of Lancelot looks great and is very usable, aswell as the fact that Lancelot is an open project BFL is not.

You don't know what Artix 7 is and how much it cost. 

You are just a spammer using this thread to market your GMP B.S.
Icoin

Activity: 585

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 12:01:56 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2012, 01:18:15 PM by Icoin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xilinx
The Artix-7 family delivers 50 percent lower power and 35 percent lower cost compared to the Spartan-6 family and is based on the unified Virtex-series architecture. Xilinx claims that Artix-7 FPGAs deliver the performance required to address cost-sensitive, high-volume markets previously served by ASSPs, ASICs, and low-cost FPGAs. The Artix family is designed to address the small form factor and low power performance requirements of battery-powered portable ultrasound equipment, commercial digital camera lens control, and military avionics and communications equipment

According to my sources Artix7 (28nm) evaluation versions are allready out on the market and will be fully avalable early next year. The price depends on the casing and features of the chip. (Of course i cant talk about other markets then DACH) but avarage pricing for the comercial grade will be around 200 dollar.

Its not nice to write in a such offensive way, since you dnt seems to have any clou who i am. Of course i promote the GLARI mining project it will use Lancelot boards and we fully stand behind the development of ngzhang.
Instead of arguing that the Artix7 is the wrong chip for the mining purpose and you would suggest an other one, you just attack - that doesnt show yourself in a good light ChiangYay

ChiangYay

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:06:53 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 02:19:37 AM by ChiangYay

The Artix-7 family delivers 50 percent lower power and 35 percent lower cost compared to the Spartan-6 family and is based on the unified Virtex-series architecture. Xilinx claims that Artix-7 FPGAs deliver the performance required to address cost-sensitive, high-volume markets previously served by ASSPs, ASICs, and low-cost FPGAs. The Artix family is designed to address the small form factor and low power performance requirements of battery-powered portable ultrasound equipment, commercial digital camera lens control, and military avionics and communications equipment

According to my sources Artix7 (28nm) evaluation versions are allready out on the market and will be fully avalable early next year. The price depends on the casing and features of the chip. (Of course i cant talk about other markets then DACH) but avarage pricing for the comercial grade will be around 200 dollar.

Its not nice to write in a such offensive way, since you dnt seems to have any clou who i am. Of course i promote the GLARI mining project it will use Lancelot boards and we fully stand behind the development of ngzhang.
Instead of arguing that the Artix7 is the wrong chip for the mining purpose and you would suggest an other one, you just attack - that doesnt show yourself in a good light ChiangYay

It's better to check what have already been said about Artix 7 expansively on the forum before  showing  just a search on Vikipedia.
>> low power performance requirements of battery-powered portable ultrasound equipment, commercial digital camera lens control, and military avionics and communications equipment<<
Here we are talking of Ghash/s not  digital camera lens etc..

For your info read this as an example from somebody working for a large company that is a huge user of Xilinx FPGAs
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91710.msg1011562#msg1011562

[However, based on this pricing Xilinx has shown us for the Virtex 7 devices, I would expect the low volume price of the V7 2000 device (their largest ever) to be at least $10,000 in low volume.  The low volume price for the largest V6 device right now is over 12k.  I'd guess once the V7-2000T finally goes in to production, even if you could get the deep discounts, you'd probably have to pay 3-5k each.]

I know who you are. You are a spammer with nothing in your hand only bubbles. Even a monkey watching your site and the pictures can understand that.
https://cryptostocks.com/securities/9

Now go back to sale Stevia Rebaudiana Seeds from Paraguay somewhere else.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92077.msg1014475#msg1014475

Nobody here is so stupid to buy a share  of your ghost company and we like Bitcoin not Stevia Rebaudiana Seeds.
Stop trolling and spamming in this serious thread.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 04:39:12 PM

Bull shit. You are full of bull shit.
It's better to check what have already been said about Artix 7 expansively on the forum before  showing  just a search on Vikipedia.
>> low power performance requirements of battery-powered portable ultrasound equipment, commercial digital camera lens control, and military avionics and communications equipment<<
Here we are talking of Ghash/s not  digital camera lens etc..

For your info read this as an example from somebody working for a large company that is a huge user of Xilinx FPGAs
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91710.msg1011562#msg1011562

[However, based on this pricing Xilinx has shown us for the Virtex 7 devices, I would expect the low volume price of the V7 2000 device (their largest ever) to be at least $10,000 in low volume.  The low volume price for the largest V6 device right now is over 12k.  I'd guess once the V7-2000T finally goes in to production, even if you could get the deep discounts, you'd probably have to pay 3-5k each.]

I know who you are. You are a spammer with nothing in your hand only bubbles. Even a monkey watching your site and the pictures can understand that.
https://cryptostocks.com/securities/9

Now go back to sale Stevia Rebaudiana Seeds from Paraguay somewhere else.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92077.msg1014475#msg1014475

Nobody here is so stupid to buy a share  of your ghost company and we like Bitcoin not Stevia Rebaudiana Seeds.
Stop trolling and spamming in this serious thread.

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Cool it.

ChiangYay

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:21:55 AM

Right. I will.
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:27:44 AM

UP.

add some information.  Grin

sorry guys, i'm extremely busy these days... my adviser give me tons of work to do, and i review the HDL codes with other developers to mid-night everyday.  Sad

will catch up with all emails and messages next week.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 11:33:09 AM

Finally some info. Can't wait to preorder Smiley

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:39:54 AM

very good to hear.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: