Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA development board "Lancelot" - accept bitsteam developer's orders.  (Read 101825 times)
O_Shovah

Activity: 410
Merit: 252

Watercooling the world of mining

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:47:07 PM

I Will provide the watercooling as soon as i get the board drawings Smiley

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:57:12 PM

BFL's is the same mhash for half the non-preorder price of that Enterpoint board. Thats why I say that.
BFL is very expensive to import to Europe due to taxes and stuff, and European power is often very expensive as well. They will probably have buyers aplenty.
... and the OBVIOUS thing that MOST people seem to completely ignore is that when you buy a BFL you have to pay for it months before you get it.
... and the OBVIOUS point there is that during those months you are not mining - whereas if you buy another device and mine you are effectively reducing the comparative cost price of the other device ... and we are not talking a small amount of dollars either.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 12:02:36 AM

will this work with p2pool software (longpoll timing problem)?  This is still a problem with the BFL singles from what I've read.
No idea why this question has been asked here more than once.
It is a problem ONLY with BFL singles (the BFL designers were BTC noobs ... and still seem to be)
It is not a problem with Icarus and obviously it will not be a problem with Lancelot

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 02:51:07 AM

BFL's is the same mhash for half the non-preorder price of that Enterpoint board. Thats why I say that.
BFL is very expensive to import to Europe due to taxes and stuff, and European power is often very expensive as well. They will probably have buyers aplenty.
... and the OBVIOUS thing that MOST people seem to completely ignore is that when you buy a BFL you have to pay for it months before you get it.
... and the OBVIOUS point there is that during those months you are not mining - whereas if you buy another device and mine you are effectively reducing the comparative cost price of the other device ... and we are not talking a small amount of dollars either.

True.  However, for my expenses the ROI is at least 1 month shorter with BFL - including opportunity cost.

Give me an open source option that can compete head to head with BFL and I will be very happy about purchasing it.

Hope people start putting money toward OpenBitASIC.  If they can do what they are saying it'd be one hell of an open solution.

O_Shovah

Activity: 410
Merit: 252

Watercooling the world of mining

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 12:07:23 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 03:29:48 PM by O_Shovah

Hello everybody,

I found the BFL shipping to become more in time lately.

Nontheless I am also courious  for the lancelot plattform.
I guess i will create an alternative water cooling for it like i did for the Bitforce Box and the x6500.

In the meantime you might find this spreadsheet i created usefull for claculating costs and uses:

The Bitcoin mine or invest spreadsheet & mining rig comparison spreadsheet

ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

pull out today.
looks like we will have a sample in 2-3 weeks... Cheesy
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:55:31 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2012, 08:03:27 PM by arklan

all my BTC are belong to zhang, i think. (meaning, do want lancelot as my first FPGA.)

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 04:02:00 AM

1, price.

500 USD for one, and will lower up to  20% if your order is large.
So I assume -20% is at a bulk order of 30?
Could these 30 later on be used on the motherboard which will come in the future?

If both answers are YES, please keep me in mind for your preorder.

Sunny regards from holiday island Koh Samui,
 Eckmar
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 06:06:18 PM

1, price.

500 USD for one, and will lower up to  20% if your order is large.
So I assume -20% is at a bulk order of 30?
Could these 30 later on be used on the motherboard which will come in the future?

If both answers are YES, please keep me in mind for your preorder.

Sunny regards from holiday island Koh Samui,
 Eckmar

Huh are the repaired boards working well?  Huh

both answers are YES.
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 03:37:15 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 10:50:15 AM by eckmar

Hi Ngzhang,

Huh are the repaired boards working well?  Huh
Did you not receive my "thanks" Email to your Gmail address?
It has worked fine a few times, so I assumed that you received it even I did never got a response to my question if I could tell your repair success story here in the forum.
But because you are now writing your question here in the board and not as PM, I am assuming I could tell the public about it. Smiley

So here we go:
I really like your attitude and do business with you.
You are a honest and reliable guy and still take care about your products after selling them!
Even with shipments you are flexible and split my shipment bulk order of 30 Icarus boards into two parts, so that the total value of each shipment stayed below 10.000 US$. (Here in Thailand you have to pay some "under the table money to customs" for shipments above 10k US$, so even this was not YOUR problem you had split the shipment to solve MY problem. Thanks again for this!)

After installing the 30 boards, 22 worked fine but 8 failed to work.
So at the beginning I was a bit disappointed about the failure rate of your products.
But you asked me to send the 8 boards back to you and investigate the problem.
After X-Ray you found out that on most boards the UART (USB chip) was damaged and because you test all boards before shipment, I now assume that my Thai stuff did something wrong when installing.
You repaired 7 from 8 boards (on one board the two FPGAs chips were out of order, so no repair make sense) for free and I got back to you saying 1.000 times thank you and asked you about if I can publish this story or not. I wonder why this Email did not pass, because three one did it before.
(In future I will stick to PM over this board.)

Anyway to summaries the hole story:
1.) Flexible and fast shipment to Thailand (no Tax, because of ASIAN!)
2.) Good support after sale (very important for me!)
3.) Good quality of products (assuming now that something went terrible wrong with the installation on our side!)
4.) 29 Icarus boards are running fine and I am happy with them!

So please consider me for the first batch of your new product as a customer again! Smiley
I would like to order again 30 boards to take advantage of the 20% discount price, but I am not sure how big your first batch is, so I am willing to take everything you can afford.

A happy and satisfied customer,
 Eckmar
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 12:55:46 PM

Huh

oh, looks like the mail lost again!

Cheesy i pleased about everything goes well.
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:57:57 AM

Cheesy i pleased about everything goes well.

Yes, I am too.

And I am looking forward to Lancelot.
Could you tell us how big the first batch will be?
Or is this still a secret?
Could I get 30 Lancelot boards or how much do you think I could get from the first batch?

Cu,
 Eckmar
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:11:03 PM

any updates?

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:56:56 AM

any updates?

yeah, some updates.
1:
firmware development is still underway, we hope it will be faster than BitFury Design. but i think everyone know about the difficulty now.

2:
get the PCBs yesterday, will do a trial-production next week (maybe on next Thursday i think, i need to wait for factory scheduling ). after that will do a PCB design revise, then push it to a low-volume production.

3:
pre-orders will be taken after both the firmware and hardware development is over.

Grin
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:42:45 AM

wohoo! very exciting.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:43:28 AM

Any word if the new bitstream will be compatible with the Icarus boards? It would be really nice to get a slight bump in performance if cooling won't become an issue.

it is written on the first post

6, other features.

a, board temperature monitoring.
b, PWM fan control and speed monitoring.
c, standard 9CM low speed(1200RPM) fan.
d, MCU friendly port for development.
e, 64 GPIOs for general purpose application. plus 8LEDs, 8Switches, 4 push buttons, 24 internal connections.
f, 100 CM^2 PCB size.
g, both 2.5/5.5mm power plug and D-type Molex power connector.
h, 6-layer PCB with 2OZ copper for enhance cooling. special layout design for lower the FPGA core temperature.
i, USB port for communication.
j, ROHS.
k, will compatible with present icarus bitsteam at first.
l, core power module can provide 12A for each FPGA VCCINT, and io power module can provide 6A for VCCIO and VCCAUX (share by 2 FPGAs), all continuous output.
m, 2 milliOHM MOSFET.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:47:35 AM

...at first.

Elaborate please.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:58:27 AM

there are some differences between both designs, so at first we will announce a update bitsteam for icarus ,  but will slower than Lancelot. this bitsteam will also used for Lancelot testing.
the reason is Lancelot have some special designs for power and heat dissipation, also some more parts for more functions.

notice that  BitFury Design have a high license fee for their bitsteam, but icarus bitsteam update will be free.

Lancelot will also have free bitsteam update Forever.

Grin
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:00:14 AM

Sounds good!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lancelot will compete with all of the newer FPGAs and possibly ASICs being thrown into the market.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:11:48 AM

Sounds good!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lancelot will compete with all of the newer FPGAs and possibly ASICs being thrown into the market.

ASICs will fuck all FGPAs to shit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: