Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:33:55 PM

Couple questions.  May have been asked but I hadn't seen them.  Sorry if they are repeats.

Who is handling the ICO?  Is it internal or an exchange?
internal, javascript, everything stored on bitcoin blokcchain, code currently being audited, very similar process like ethereum.

When will the actual coin, wallet, and gaming platform be ready?
plan is to launch poker and coin at same time. shooting for 30 days post ico.

Which cryptonote coin did you clone?  Are you familiar with some of the difference between coins like BBR and XMR?  Will code be opensource? 
yes open-source at launch.

cloned cryptonote directly. yes, familiar with Boolberry and Monero.

also have a non cryptonote , x13 implementation as backup, due to recent cryptonote revelations.

Thanks for the info.

Cloning BBR could of been a better option.  They are faster, less bloat, and have address alias.  If players wanted to send funds from one another, using an alias would be so much nicer.  I guess you could pull some of these changes though.

Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness

Other features:
Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:38:17 PM

Couple questions.  May have been asked but I hadn't seen them.  Sorry if they are repeats.

Who is handling the ICO?  Is it internal or an exchange?
internal, javascript, everything stored on bitcoin blokcchain, code currently being audited, very similar process like ethereum.

When will the actual coin, wallet, and gaming platform be ready?
plan is to launch poker and coin at same time. shooting for 30 days post ico.

Which cryptonote coin did you clone?  Are you familiar with some of the difference between coins like BBR and XMR?  Will code be opensource? 
yes open-source at launch.

cloned cryptonote directly. yes, familiar with Boolberry and Monero.

also have a non cryptonote , x13 implementation as backup, due to recent cryptonote revelations.

Thanks for the info.

Cloning BBR could of been a better option.  They are faster, less bloat, and have address alias.  If players wanted to send funds from one another, using an alias would be so much nicer.  I guess you could pull some of these changes though.

Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness

Other features:
Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.

thats the thing: who are the CryptoNote founders? and why so anonymous?

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
BreakoutCoin (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:20:37 AM

We are looking to raise from 7 to 15 thousand bitcoins, the minimum amount we would need for the project would be 1000 bitcoins.

Due to various factors, Breakoutcoin is reconsidering the use of CryptoNote as its core. A Bitcoin core with x13 and Stealth features is the alternative. Both cores are in development and managed by @jaybny.

We strive to provide the most secure coin and transparent development process.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:31:13 AM

We are looking to raise from 7 to 15 thousand bitcoins, the minimum amount we would need for the project would be 1000 bitcoins.

Due to various factors, Breakoutcoin is reconsidering the use of CryptoNote as its core. A Bitcoin core with x13 and Stealth features is the alternative. Both cores are in development and managed by @jaybny.

will the all valuable and all amazing berg stake still be in the mix?
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 01:43:22 AM

bergstake implementation is independent of coin core choice.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:48:41 AM

ok that's cool was just wondering cos wasn't sure. sounded like something cool that had been coded for CN coins in particular.

Also Bergstake and mining with pools

If i mine fresh breakout coins in a mining pool, who then receives the bergstake? the pool operator? because i thought it was attached to the address that mines it, and is not and then not transfered like breakout coin. so wouldn't the pool owners get the bergstake?
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 02:05:01 AM

ok that's cool was just wondering cos wasn't sure. sounded like something cool that had been coded for CN coins in particular.

Also Bergstake and mining with pools

If i mine fresh breakout coins in a mining pool, who then receives the bergstake? the pool operator? because i thought it was attached to the address that mines it, and is not and then not transfered like breakout coin. so wouldn't the pool owners get the bergstake?
Dev, I have just one question. If I will mine on pool during PoW, how the pool will send me Bergstakes?

Current pool technology will not enable this. So the pool operator will keep all the Bergstake, and to compensate, they will have to distribute all or most of the BRO to miners. This is why we are developing a new kind of pool, where when a block is found, all miners will be entered into the coinbase transaction directly. So there will be 100s of outputs. This "feature" will keep pools smaller and less centralized.

Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:00:07 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 04:54:46 AM by Kuriso

WOW! A minimum of 7,000 btc for 4.5 million coins.  That's roughly $2,800,000.00 at current prices.  If we reach 7000 bitcoin, that makes the 4.5 million coins 150,000+/- sats a piece.

We have 7 million coins being mined over 2 years, 2 million coins annually from PoB and 7 million BRO will be given away for free through incentive programs.  All this eventually leading to the max of 200 million coins.

Roughly 14,880 coins will be minted each day if you include PoW and PoB which works out to just over 22 bitcoins a day needed to maintain 150ksat so investors do no lose money on the ICO.

Edit: See the post below.  PoW and PoB happen at 2 different times.

PoW Phase: 2 years, 7 million coins, ~19.98 BRO block reward
PoB  Phase: perpetual, 2 million coins annually ~11.42 BRO block reward
200 million+ total coins
14 million coin Pre-Mine (< 7%) <<< 14 million coins premined but the ICO is for 4.5 million and 7 million given away.  Where is the other 2.5 million BRO???

So all this leads me to the following questions.  Is there a minimum of bitcoins needed to ensure the project continues?  If you only raise 500, 800, 1000, 2000, or anything under 7000btc, will the project continue?

Edit: "the minimum amount we would need for the project would be 1000 bitcoins."  I over looked that some how

--- EDIT ---

Just seen where the other 2.5 million bro are. "12% - 2.5 million – Developers, Marketing, Pros, Bounties, Ops"  LOL so we are paying for ICO AND you get free coins to pay "Developers, Marketing, Pros, Bounties, Ops".  What is the ICO for?
Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:43:28 AM

Roughly 14,880 coins will be minted each day if you include PoW and PoB which works out to just over 22 bitcoins a day needed to maintain 150ksat so investors do no lose money on the ICO.

pre-mine: 14 million   (2.5 dev, 4.5 ico, 7 giveaways)

year1 - 3.5 million pow   (9589 per day)

year2 -3.5 million pow (9589 per day)

year3 - 2 million pob (5480 per day)

year4 - 2 million pob (5480 per day)

lets get the facts right first  

Ok so PoB doesn't start until the 3rd year?  I know PoB runs perpetually after PoW ends but does it not generate coins from the start?  I guess I had it right in an earlier post then.  I had thought it was that way but after re-looking at some of the information I thought I had originally made a mistake.

9589 BRO per day at 150k sat is a little over 14 bitcoins a day needed to maintain a break-even price for investors IF 7,000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO.

I made a mistake because I thought PoB would still be happening during PoW.

2.5 million coins for the 'dev' is equal to 3759 bitcoins if 7000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO  Don't you think thats a bit much?  Your asking for a big ICO plus you're keeping 2.5 million coins to pay for things that the ICO should be paying for.  Seems a bit excessive.

Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:02:05 AM

pre-mine: 14 million   (2.5 dev, 4.5 ico, 7 giveaways)

year1 - 3.5 million pow   (9589 per day)

year2 -3.5 million pow (9589 per day)

year3 - 2 million pob (5480 per day)

year4 - 2 million pob (5480 per day)

lets get the facts right first 

Ok so PoB doesn't start until the 3rd year?  I know PoB runs perpetually after PoW ends but does it not generate coins from the start?  I guess I had it right in an earlier post then.  I had thought it was that way but after re-looking at some of the information I thought I had originally made a mistake.

9589 BRO per day at 150k sat is a little over 14 bitcoins a day needed to maintain a break-even price for investors IF 7,000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO.

I made a mistake because I thought PoB would still be happening during PoW.

2.5 million coins for the 'dev' is equal to 3759 bitcoins if 7000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO  Don't you think thats a bit much?  Your asking for a big ICO plus you're keeping 2.5 million coins to pay for things that the ICO should be paying for.  Seems a bit excessive.

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:06:39 AM

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:12:35 AM

2.5 million coins for the 'dev' is equal to 3759 bitcoins if 7000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO. Don't you think thats a bit much?  Your asking for a big ICO plus you're keeping 2.5 million coins to pay for things that the ICO should be paying for.  Seems a bit excessive.

what are you suggesting? more ico coins? and what if they only raise 1000? thats 555 btc for dev. they prob spent more then that on project already! 

more ico coins if more btc raised? never seen a structure like that...

Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:27:55 AM

2.5 million coins for the 'dev' is equal to 3759 bitcoins if 7000 bitcoins are raised during the ICO. Don't you think thats a bit much?  Your asking for a big ICO plus you're keeping 2.5 million coins to pay for things that the ICO should be paying for.  Seems a bit excessive.

what are you suggesting? more ico coins? and what if they only raise 1000? thats 555 btc for dev. they prob spent more then that on project already! 

I know that you guys will have things that need to be paid for but what are they?  What are the costs?  Do you know?  If you look at Ether's uncapped ICO and their plans for the coin, they had a budget.  There was a plan for the funds and that helped show investors how funds were used.

I'm ok with expenses being paid and devs making some money but I am not ok with get rich quick deals where investors are left hanging.  I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A SCAM OR A GET RICH QUICK DEAL but scams are a dime a dozen on here.  So many ICOs have been failures.  Devs make all the money and investors are left with nothing.  I think some of these ICOs are why the alt-coin markets are really hurting right now.  There's been a huge amount of bitcoin sucked out of the markets from these scams.  I know that most of the exchanges have decided to no longer allow devs to keep coins plus raise ICO funds.  All coins go to the ICO.  Honestly, I think that's a fairer deal in most cases.

Wanting at least a 7,000btc ICO and keeping 2.5 million coins looks bad.  It looks really excessive.  This is my opinion and some may agree and others may not.

Here's a quick suggestion for the 2.5 million coins.  Come up with a scale that will potentially use the 2.5 million to increase the 4.5 million ICO coins if more funds are raised.

Example:
If only 500 btc is raised, you keep all 2.5 million to help cover other cost.
If 500-1000 btc is raised, 15% of the 2.5 million is added to the 4.5 million coins
If 1000-2000 btc is raised, 30% of the 2.5 million is added to the 4.5 million coins
and so on... 

These numbers are just ideas but something like this gives investors a reason to invest more and helps keep the average cost per coin down so that there is a ROI for your investors.  Maybe others can chime in and offer some opinions/suggestions.
Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:37:07 AM

What happens if 1000 bitcoins are not raised?  Will everyone be refunded?
Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:27:12 AM

Could use some percentages to split the coins.

1000 - 15,000 bitcoins raised
0 - 100% of the 2.5 million being split up to ICO holders

If 1875btc raised during the ICO, thats 1/8 of the 2.5 million coins.
If 3750btc raised during the ICO, thats 1/4 of the 2.5 million coins.
If 7500btc raised during the ICO, thats 1/2 of the 2.5 million coins.
etc...

Using a scale like this allows for a more precise number of coins being split by the exact amount of bitcoin raised.

"and what if they only raise 1000? thats 555 btc for dev."  True the initial holdings would only be worth 555 btc if 1000btc are raised during the ICO but if the product is good and adoption happens, those 2.5 million coins could easily become worth way more.  Kind of forces the devs to stay invested and make their holdings increase in value.

In 2 years, BRO will have about 21 million coins in circulation.  That's equal to Peercoin and Stealthcoin right now.  Both have 21 million coins.  One is ranked 7th in market cap, the other is ranked 60th.  One is worth .00265btc per coin, the other is worth 0.00006045btc per coin.  Yes I know they are different from BRO but a lot can happen between now and 2 years from now.  If BRO sees the adoption, it could over take Peercoin.  If not, it will end up much lower.  Devs and investors must be devoted in seeing the coin succeed and increasing the value of their holdings.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:31:24 AM

You start dumping. And continue dumping. And continue dumping, as the price dives. You dump until it goes to 500, not just because you dump but because people panic sell. At 500, you start buying. And price goes back up. Rinse and repeat.

what is your average selling price on the way down and what is your average buying price on the way back up? this is the only thing that determines alpha in this simple strategy. take a look at bottoms or lows at any free market. what do you notice?    

notice the volume spikes at the lows? this brings the vwap down on the way down and up on the way up.  prices move towards liquidity, not away from it. prices bottom when selling stops, the buyers at lows are not overwhelming, yet the snap back is so violent, simply due of lack of sellers. there is where liquidity in reality kills the backtested alpha.

this strategy has no alpha for the big player, maybe there are weak hands that capitulate at tops and bottoms, and this strategy works for a mid size player, by making an aggressive sell to start an avalanche of stops. the big player has better alpha providing heavy liquidly on both sides, and given that the gaming company wants to retain its players, and players don't like to be exposed to extreme volatility, i would say the alpha is in providing liquidity, rather then starting a panic.

Jay, I know you are fully aware of the term "capitulation". You can provoke that daily or even more frequently if you want to. That's where the scoop comes. And you can also control the rebound. You can control it both ways and determine tops and bottoms.

As for the price being stable, I don't know if that's even desirable or attractive to cryptonites... where are they going to make money to justify their investment if the price remains stable?  

Barabbas. Our mission is to promote the gaming platforms once the coins are released.  We expect to see a slow continual increase in the price of the coin as the gaming site gains more traction and adds more participants to the whole project thus requiring more coins to supply more players. Manipulating the coin value for short term gain would be counterintuitive to producing long term profits on our multiple gaming platforms. You can see the project has been thought out well.  In the long run the combined gaming incomes will far exceed income made on the coins.  As we become more successful we will add more applications for others to participate.  ie sports book, backgammon,bingo.  This will in turn increase the demand on the coin once again driving the coin price up.  I believe Bergstake or not the ICO will be the lowest price you will ever see for BRO coin.  Please analyze my prediction and respond.

Well Randy I have to say, in light of the latest examination and in contrast with the expectations that you guys have, that I believe you are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment.

There are a couple of things that are not exactly reassuring on the technical side of things and that goes against your statement of the project as being "well thought of". That at this stage in the game you will change to plan B regarding the mining platform and that the bloating of the blockchain hasn't been thoroughly examined long, long before this time, is, like I said, the contrary to reassuring. And, consequently, makes one thing what other aspects have not been well thought of. The other technical thing that remains an enigma is, probably, even more important: So far we only have a few images, pretty conventional and quite unimpressive as to what the aspect of the platform will be. We don't know at all how that will work and, like I said, it isn't precisely impressive: If you go into any casino en Earth these days, you can see and play poker and other games on a platform much more impressive than that, with video, etc. This is like going to the times of Pac-Man, a decade behind. Not having a working beta that people can actually experience, is, in my view, and insuperable flaw in your ICO launching.

Now, the recent projections that I have read here are a set up for disappointment... to a certain extent. To begin with, Breakout Gamis has posted that the minimal ICO money required is 1,000 BTC, which at current price is 380,000 dollars. On the pother hand, he expects between 10 and 15 times that much... the later putting BRO's launch in the same league of Ethereum. I know it will be comparing apples to Oranges to a certain extent but only in relative terms. Number one, I believe that the Ethereum ICO as well as the constant ones coming into the market plus the "JL&&& ventures and assets including SuperNET have stretched the amount of BTC available in altcoin territory to the ;point that many worthwhile projects, some quite established, are already suffering greatly because of the scarcity of capital; number 2, realistically examined, BRO is just an idea, far from a reality -with less than 1,000 BTC in the ICO it won't even happen-. Admittedly a very good idea and well supported but with too many caveats, self made and circumstantially converging to take for granted a success at the level Breakout Gamins -and you- are predicting.

No, I can't agree with you on the price of the ICO being the lowest. It could be, but far from a sure thing. The whole thing can so easily turn into a debacle that it is quite risky, actually, given the many possible variables, specially on the vital technical side of the coin platform and the gaming platform.

I don't do predictions with so many variables, but I can easily see people originally interested taking their time to see if the interest becomes BTC-vested interest and losing either on the long way of that month-long ICO. Remember that many people that were enthusiastic about Ethereum already are lamenting having "bitten" in view of the long -and not guaranteed- wait ahead. A high percentage of "enthusiastic investors" a month ago will be willing and very happy if they could take their money back right now. The same way, I can see a very big disappointment in your expectations. No, I will not see parity BRO-dollar. Not on the ICO and maybe never down the line. I would need to see many more realities, practical, working realities, to be more hopeful.

And maybe for some the stumbling point will be the "open" ICO. It is absurd for it doesn't change anything... except that this is crypto world and an ample majority of people with some BTC available are not very investment-savvy, on one side and rather "peculiar" on another. Meaning that they have convinced themselves than a closed ICO is "greedy" and you simply will not convince them otherwise no matter how absurd than concoction is in reality, so it will be also a (minimal) factor going against your very optimistic predictions.

Finally, if your more optimistic predictions were to happen, the whole thing looks disproportionate and absurd, starting with the immediate compensation of $ 3 million or more to the developers, some of which, logically, would immediately dump. And following with a "distribution" 2-year period, via promotions and such, that would put on your hands a budget several times above what Caesar's Palace spends in promotion --those 7 million coins could be worth in excess of 10 million dollars if your optimistic predictions come to happen... much more, in fact, if the operation is successful and, like you expect, it has repercussion in the price of the coin. The "distribution" model, in itself, is quite preposterous for you actually are asking people invested in the COIN to pay for the promotion of the CASINO, without obtaining any ownership in it and only the vague hope that supporting the casino expansion will somehow augment the value of the coin. A very tall order, from where I am standing.

Those 7 million coins should be part of the ICO, in my opinion, as it should be a working platform that compares advantageously with what other online casinos already have. And even on that case, it would still be quite risky to assume that the launching, bergstaking, etc, will work flawlessly -or acceptably- from the get go.

So yes, it is a great idea. Many points in its favor. But, like I posted before, a lot of caveats also.
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:42:19 AM

I think you guys are missing the point with the expected ICO markup. If you look at their social media their Facebook page has 40,000 followers alone. Now if everyone from there were to invest, say 0.1btc (which isn't much for a good coin ICO) that would be 4000 btc. I think the true point we're all missing is the sheer amount of people these guys have placed trust and are following them "already".

In my opinion I'm going to have to be there at 12am on the dot to send my btc or I'm going to miss out on some of that exciting bergstake. I'm already saving up my zenminer cloud accumulation for the launch second of this coin. If I am thinking like this, chances are there are many, many more.

Good luck Devs, I think you will reach more than you expect Smiley
Kuriso

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:13:26 AM

I think you guys are missing the point with the expected ICO markup. If you look at their social media their Facebook page has 40,000 followers alone. Now if everyone from there were to invest, say 0.1btc (which isn't much for a good coin ICO) that would be 4000 btc. I think the true point we're all missing is the sheer amount of people these guys have placed trust and are following them "already".

In my opinion I'm going to have to be there at 12am on the dot to send my btc or I'm going to miss out on some of that exciting bergstake. I'm already saving up my zenminer cloud accumulation for the launch second of this coin. If I am thinking like this, chances are there are many, many more.

I can sell you 50,000 facebook followers for a couple hundred dollars.  Where are those 40,000 followers?  They aren't here.  Its been a lot of the same people discussing things here.  You'd think the discussion would be a lot stronger with 40,000 followers.  It will be interesting to see just how busy the ICO gets when the countdown timer hits all 0's
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:26:57 AM

I can sell you 50,000 facebook followers for a couple hundred dollars.  Where are those 40,000 followers?  They aren't here.  Its been a lot of the same people discussing things here.  You'd think the discussion would be a lot stronger with 40,000 followers.  It will be interesting to see just how busy the ICO gets when the countdown timer hits all 0's

Sorry dude - That's a very negative take on it. Not everyone buys Facebook followers, and this forum isn't the be all and end all of crypto-talk. I watched this forum for months and months before I decided to sign up, I learned about bitcoin from various websites, blogs and news articles and there are certain crypto-currencies I've had my eye on before I knew this place existed.

You forget that what these guys are planning is a service - those 40,000 followers might be waiting for the service to start. Yes, they may have bought them but my half-glass full approach enables me to take calculated risks better than automatically dismissing a coin because it doesn't meet my standards (I have high standards btw).

E-sports is HUGE industry. Combining e-sports with cryptocurrency is a fantastic move IMO
Groker

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:58:19 AM

Miner only CPU?

What used mainer (name program)?

In solo mining can?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: