Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243293 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:28:12 PM

X13 - Domination by Mining Farms operations  Embarrassed

PoW Phase:  3-4 months

A short PoW phase will not help with the coins distribution.
Ongoing discussion with dev about algo...
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brother3

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:33:45 PM

If the encryption wallet Bergstake will work?
We'll know in two years, surely that's enough time to debug

Jon
In wallet is a function of "Encrypt Wallet"
In other coins with encrypted wallet PoS does not work.
And your wallet turns out also will not work PoB with "Encrypt Wallet"?

(Sorry for my English)

There have been staking problems with most of the PoS coins due to constant copy/paste and lack of understanding of the underlying code.  We have complete confidence in Jay, our chief CTO.  He is the brains behind Bergstake, after all.
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:44:24 PM

If the encryption wallet Bergstake will work?
We'll know in two years, surely that's enough time to debug

Jon
In wallet is a function of "Encrypt Wallet"
In other coins with encrypted wallet PoS does not work.
And your wallet turns out also will not work PoB with "Encrypt Wallet"?

(Sorry for my English)

PoB you actually have to provide a proof, just like PoW. im not familiar with the Encrypted wallet issue, but yes at some point you need to access private-key for PoB

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:48:14 PM

X13 - Domination by Mining Farms operations  Embarrassed

PoW Phase:  3-4 months

Yes, any of those 'X' algorithms are dominated by huge mining farms.  What about a coin base like Myraid coin?  We'll have the option to mine Scrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Myriad-Groestl.

How it works
Each proof of work algorithm has its own independent difficulty.
Any algorithm can find the next block.
All the algorithms use the same difficulty adjustment method.
On average, each algorithm has the same chance of finding the next block.
Each algorithm aims for a block generation time of 2.5 minutes.
Over the five algorithms, a block should be found on average every 30 seconds.

Changing algos is a good idea. has anyone tried using CryptoNight with a bitcoin clone?

After ICO , and before launch we will have a full on miners thread and deliver best practices with latest innovations.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:50:14 PM

Hmm, switch to X13 - have mixed feelings about this one

i no longer trust CryptoNote, however CryptoNight may still work within bitcoin clone. 

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:52:03 PM

Thanks for deleting every solid criticism posted in this topic dev.

Spreading the word about this scam.

You need to read the thread first before posting this...  Solid criticisms are not deleted as far as i know.  Newbie accounts created solely for the purpose of spreading FUD are not tolerated. 

whats being deleted? prove it.

ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:20:04 PM

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

When will berg stake be able to begin to start earning?

because someone mentioned here having to wait 2 years before it stakes, but on the front page it says "33% 7 million – Mined during PoW phase + Bergstake "on the distribution of bro after 2 years" so surely if you are taking into account berg stake in the first 2 years then they canbe staked before 2 years

the coin switches from proof-of-work to proof-of-bergstake after 2 years.. the statement is referring to the 7 million coins that are mined also have bergstake...
So if I buy mined coin can i have bergstake..or do have to mine it?

Jon

bergstake can only be bought in the ICO, becuase it gets into the genesis block. bergstake can be obtained via mining. when buying mined coins you get Breakoutcoins, but the miner retains the Bergstake.

brother3

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:48:18 PM

Randy M Kim

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:56:35 PM

So not only does this coin have an insanely huge 'premine' that screws initial investors in a way, it also seems like the one guy defending this coin lately has negative trust. Were are all the followers from Facebook? As far as I know, this is the only forum for BRO discussion. I can understand if there was another one, but there doesn't seem to be another...so with all those FB followers, where are they? More importantly, where are these CELEBRITIES? Is there any concrete proof that they're associated with BRO?

Yea, im real stoked to buy some BRO now.

Also, some of the BRO ads could use better photoshop skills. Seriously.

And contrary to what people have been saying, those Poker tables look like crap. Seriously go to any online Poker website and even their most basic ones are leagues beyond these crap previews weve gotten so far. They look like the were made using Windows Paint.

Surprised to hear that J9901.  You are the only person to knock the graphics used in our project.  In fact we've had nothing but compliments about all the visuals contained in our project which was expected considering our graphic artists numerous awards.

Honors & Awards
26 Promax Awards
3 Emmy Awards
3 Addy Awards
1 Mashable Global Finalist "Best Social Media Agency"
7 BDA Awards
1 PRSA Gold
2 PRSA Silver Anvils
1 PRSA Bronze Anvil
2 Sabre Award Finalists
3 Addy Awards
3 Key Art Awards
2 AP Broadcasting Awards
2 CMA Broadcast Awards
1 Media Innovations Award
1 Mobius Gold Award
1 IAC Gold Best Digital Campaign

Google him if you wish. Bonner Bellew.  He is also an equity shareholder.  Sorry you don't like our stuff but most would agree you'll find none finer

Mayhem007

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

ux looks awesome dude! will be waiting with my bitcoins  Grin
BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

ux looks awesome dude! will be waiting with my bitcoins  Grin

Mayhem, thanks for the contribution and welcome to the Breakout Community!

████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:46:02 PM

I don't understand the need for such a large ICO 8-15k BTC, You clearly state that all this work has been done over the last year or so, besides some marketing. It looks like some of the marketing has been done if you

already have 40k+ followers on facebook. I'm not trying to fud here, just why would I spend BTC on uncapped ICO when I can just wait and mine if the maths add up. I can't see any reason to do it any other way. Also

no firm commitment to algorithm used for mining. As for POB and encrypted wallet, it should be like others you only unlock for staking. It seems like a nice idea but I think you've spent more time on the gambling than on

the crypto, and we're all crypto here, some will also be gamblers. Anyway I'm watching thread with interest wondering how far the money that's in existing alts can spread.

Are you trying to raise funds in the real world as well? Please don't answer this with "we want to give crypto people a chance blah blah blah" I'd love to see someone try to raise funds in real world as well as crypto

At least we'd know that you face real penalties in the real world if we get screwed here in cryptoland

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:50:23 PM

This isn't really true right?   Cheesy I'm mean, for you guys it's true.  On Tuesday your (The Breakout Team's) bitcoins will arrive in the form of us using BTC to buy breakoutcoins, but our coins won't arrive for another 30 days.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

This isn't really true right?   Cheesy I'm mean, for you guys it's true.  On Tuesday your (The Breakout Team's) bitcoins will arrive in the form of us using BTC to buy breakoutcoins, but our coins won't arrive for another 30 days.

yes you are correct.. marketing guys....

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

If i understand correctly , we are not the first wave of investors.
The real investors actually own the company , those pokerpro's probably own a %age.
We are here to give them their money back in advance and pay for the marketing.
The only benifit for us is the bergstake wich to me is not clear how much(or how) this will generate in profits for me btc/invested-vs-bergstake.
now the pool owners will get all the bergstake from the miners thats gonna be 2-5 people with a shitload of bergstake very flawed.
We are basicly the first batch of customers to their site that are buying bro coins to get some distribution started.
We get none of the profits from the company that runs the gaming network we can only hope the price will go up to make money Auwch.
We are just getting some airmiles for getting in on the testflight.(bergstake)

If this is incorrect please explain it to me so i can invest.

the coin is being used in a new and unique way. by having the gaming company denominate all its chips in breakoutcoins, it will be required, by regulator, to hold breakoutcoins to match all deposits and and to pay out prizes.

so as the gaming company grows, and receives more and more fiat deposits, it will be buying and holding more and more breakoutcoins. in addition, breakoutcoins can be used to lay any of the games directly.

so there is a use case and a liquidity case.

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:14:57 PM

I don't understand the need for such a large ICO 8-15k BTC, You clearly state that all this work has been done over the last year or so, besides some marketing. It looks like some of the marketing has been done if you

take a look at fanduel and draftkings... they spend millions in marketing each week.

already have 40k+ followers on facebook. I'm not trying to fud here, just why would I spend BTC on uncapped ICO when I can just wait and mine if the maths add up. I can't see any reason to do it any other way. Also

many expected investors are non bitcoiners and are just not interested in mining.

no firm commitment to algorithm used for mining. As for POB and encrypted wallet, it should be like others you only unlock for staking. It seems like a nice idea but I think you've spent more time on the gambling than on

the crypto, and we're all crypto here, some will also be gamblers. Anyway I'm watching thread with interest wondering how far the money that's in existing alts can spread.

this is not just a pure general currency coin, its more like 2.0

Are you trying to raise funds in the real world as well? Please don't answer this with "we want to give crypto people a chance blah blah blah" I'd love to see someone try to raise funds in real world as well as crypto

At least we'd know that you face real penalties in the real world if we get screwed here in cryptoland
Jon  Wink

lots of investment already in the project, no turning back.

ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:28:07 PM

This isn't really true right?   Cheesy I'm mean, for you guys it's true.  On Tuesday your (The Breakout Team's) bitcoins will arrive in the form of us using BTC to buy breakoutcoins, but our coins won't arrive for another 30 days.

Hey Jake, the meme just says the Coin Sale will start  Grin Grin

Rayban34

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

Hi BRO's,

I am in two minds here. I have a stash that I have been saving purely for this ICO, however some of the more skeptical people in this thread have raised a few note-worthy points. So, before I make my decision on whether to invest in this project or invest in another really interesting ICO that's happening right now, could you highlight why my bitcoin would be better in your pockets? It's not much in the grand scheme of things but it is a lot to me, thanks.

What would the real benefits of holding some BRO's. What would it get me? What can I do with them? And are your e-sports limited to poker? Or what else have you in the pipeline. I feel answering these question would significantly help me with my decision thanks! Smiley
Randy M Kim

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:41:16 PM

take a look at fanduel and draftkings... they spend millions in marketing each week.

many expected investors are non bitcoiners and are just not interested in mining.

this is not just a pure general currency coin, its more like 2.0

Jon  Wink

lots of investment already in the project, no turning back.

All money raised so far has been from the real world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: