Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Emergency ANN] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 224549 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:02:26 PM

We had written a long post however we are prevented from posting it due to limitations. We are very sorry. We are trying to resolve this matter however we are limited in our capacities.

Post it on your website.  You can have it be 30 pages long if you'd like. 

the limitations are not technical but legal...
Are you sure? They never actually came out and said that. They haven't said a whole lot of anything, to be honest.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 02:02:37 PM

We had written a long post however we are prevented from posting it due to limitations. We are very sorry. We are trying to resolve this matter however we are limited in our capacities.

Post it on your website.  You can have it be 30 pages long if you'd like.  

the limitations are not technical but legal...

They didn't say that.

edit: RJK is too fast for me.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:22:57 PM

this silence isn't encouraging much of confidence and trust in the future operation of Bitcoinica if they're planning to re-launch the service.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:49:45 PM

I have several thousand dollars on bitcoinica, but I was never worried about losing this. I was more worried about it causing a price crash (which never happened to my amazement).
I'm still not worried (though I have been drinking)
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:50:21 PM

I only have US dollars at Bitcoinica.  I'm hoping that US dollar accounts were unaffected by this.  How were the US dollars stored?

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:52:25 PM

I only have US dollars at Bitcoinica.  I'm hoping that US dollar accounts were unaffected by this.  How were the US dollars stored?

Seriously? Can't tell if a joke or not.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:04:59 PM

Maybe someone from bitcoinica can at least collaborate with some joke?

Or there will be "limitations" for this too?  Roll Eyes
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:08:06 PM

All the intersango are cowards. They don't dare to tell everyone what happened since the very beginning. They let Zhou tong talk for them. They just chose to hide and avoid the public.

no the owner of bitcoinica told them not to talk... if they do talk they might get sued by the owner of bitcoinica...

intersango and zhou should not be the target here... 
Correct. Intersango is just doing whatever the owner tells them to or NOT to. They are pawns.

The mysterious owner should be in focus here, and perhaps this Bitinstant guy who claims to know him. It is him who wants to leave us uninformed, not Intersango, not zhoutong.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:37:51 PM

Maybe someone from bitcoinica can at least collaborate with some joke?

Or there will be "limitations" for this too?  Roll Eyes

Grin I'm afraid most people here wouldn't appreciate that kind of contribution.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 04:52:42 PM

no the owner of bitcoinica told them not to talk... if they do talk they might get sued by the owner of bitcoinica...

intersango and zhou should not be the target here...  

I disagree Goat. That would be fine except for this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77958.msg867160#msg867160

Bitcoin Consultancy has been an influential force for bitcoin since its early days. Founders Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki are well known for their contributions to bitcoin open source, public outreach, and special efforts to encourage best practices in online security.

The Bitcoin Consultancy team will be responsible for the daily operations of Bitcoinica, including customer support, compliance and new features. We have some amazing improvements in the works that we know our customers will love.

Legally speaking, I don't care who owns Bitcoinica. According to their OWN press release, Intersango / Bitcoin Consultancy is clearly acting as the general partner since they are responsible for the daily operations of Bitcoinica PERIOD.

Why do you think they promptly took down their corporate website (bitcoinconsultancy.com) which included this original press release?Huh Why do you think the sock puppet account where communications are coming is called "Bitcoinica Consultancy"? Because Bitcoin consultancy is legally obligated as the operator to clean this mess up. Clear and simple.

Bitcoin consultancy owns a major part of Bitcoinica. The fact that there is an "Angel investor" behind it does not hinder this fact.

Once again, I will sit tight and wait for them to deny what I am saying, and then I am going to upload some documents and emails in my possession.

Please stop been FOOLED about the "Mystery owner". Whether they put a nominee director on paper, or whether they got an angel investor, they own at least, that I know of, a very significant part of Bitcoinica.

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:01:05 PM

Once again, I will sit tight and wait for them to deny what I am saying, and then I am going to upload some documents and emails in my possession.

They probably aren't going to deny what you're saying. They are just going to do what they've been doing the entire time: Stay silent.
Could you please upload those documents now instead of waiting? If it's true what you're saying, legal action should start ASAP rather than wasting more time waiting for announcements that aren't coming anyway.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
JusticeForYou
VIP

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:17:26 PM

If anyone was/is going to take legal action, they aren't going to make threats about it in a forum. They will let their attorneys do the talking for them to the appropriate entity responsible. Usually that is anyone remotely connected to it. The lawyers sue everybody and let the judge weed out who is appropriate.

We might even get new case law: § 31.33.7 Bitcoinica sub(a) interesting trading platforms. Smiley

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:20:33 PM

If anyone was/is going to take legal action, they aren't going to make threats about it in a forum. They will let their attorneys do the talking for them to the appropriate entity responsible. Usually that is anyone remotely connected to it. The lawyers sue everybody and let the judge weed out who is appropriate.

We might even get new case law: § 31.33.7 Bitcoinica sub(a) interesting trading platforms. Smiley

I'm not making threats. I'm merely saying those documents, if real, could be very valuable for the people that want to take legal action.

JusticeForYou
VIP

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

I'm not making threats. I'm merely saying those documents, if real, could be very valuable for the people that want to take legal action.

Seems to me that that is a threat in of its self. i.e. Take care of me or I'll release what I have.

Otherwise: You would just post them and let the chips fall where they may.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:02:50 PM

Actually there is an easy way. Contrast this situation to when MtGox was breached last year. MagicalTux performed a transaction of  424,424.4242 bitcoins, as requested on IRC, to prove his control of funds.
I think it's safe to say that Bitcoinca have outgoxxed Mt. Gox this time. I'm almost beginning to sympathize with the cracker who attacked Bitcoinica because he hated Bitcoinica.
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:29:28 PM

Seems to me that that is a threat in of its self. i.e. Take care of me or I'll release what I have.

Otherwise: You would just post them and let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, I agree. But it wasn't me saying I had any documents. I was asking the guy who said he did (shad0wbitz) to release them if it's real what he's saying.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:39:50 PM

Actually there is an easy way. Contrast this situation to when MtGox was breached last year. MagicalTux performed a transaction of  424,424.4242 bitcoins, as requested on IRC, to prove his control of funds.
I think it's safe to say that Bitcoinca have outgoxxed Mt. Gox this time. I'm almost beginning to sympathize with the cracker who attacked Bitcoinica because he hated Bitcoinica.

Agree.  The crown has changed hands.  (In terms of the cracker though, it seems most likely to me that he's a run-of-the-mill criminal...and second most likely that he's a invention.)

Now, if Mt. Gox can pocket all the BTC they control and Mark can wander off smelling like a rose I'll consider him to have out-ZhouTong'd Zhou Tong.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:20:10 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2012, 12:04:30 AM by LightRider

I think we can all agree that the real criminals are the people at JP Morgan who "lost" 7 billion dollars and counting.

Really, isn't 7 billion a way larger number than 18 thousand?

Let's keep things in perspective here.

This message brought to you by Responsible Parties Trying To Deflect Warranted Attention Inc.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:47:50 PM

I think we can all agree that the real criminals are the people at JP Morgan who "lost" 7 billion dollars and counting.

Losing is part of investing and not that I think JPM are angels but the only problem I'll have with their loses is if they get some sort of bail out.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:50:31 PM

>I only have US dollars at Bitcoinica.  I'm hoping that US dollar accounts were unaffected by this.  How were >the US dollars stored?

>>Seriously? Can't tell if a joke or not.

Not a joke.   There has been a lack of information for users whose primary assets are in US dollars.  Most of the discussion is centered on BTC and I'm wondering if US dollars are a different situation?

I guess the US dollars have to be stored in an account somewhere and are probably secure. But if they were on a credit card account or paypal, I'm guessing they could be compromised just like BTC could.  Although they should be returned by charge backs.

Were they storing the US dollars on MtGox?    If so, they could have been converted to BTC and withdrawn.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: