Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Emergency ANN] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 224549 times)
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:31:13 PM

The whole thing is, I didn't realize soon enough that I no longer had any control over Bitcoinica, while everyone still assumed me to be the owner.

Hi Zhou,
   Could you clarify this? Maybe its been said elsewhere, but I was under the impression that you still have involvement with Bitcoinica.
Have you truly gone your separate path or do you still have influence in one form or another?

You made the offer to the Consultancy to take over the claims process; are you really in a position to do that?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:32:59 PM

This is a community of good and honest people, we will patiently wait for solutions to problems.
LOL what?
probably a bad translation. I mean that less ignorant and stupid. More people - who understand the complexity of the situation.

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:34:18 PM

Bitcoinica Consultancy: You are full of shit when you say you already dealt with a good number of the more simple claims.
My friend who has a whole bitcoin(lol) in your service still haven't got a response after he filled your stupid claim form.
I guess 1 open position with a 1 BTC balance is fucking complicated for you to deal with.
Also, one question my friend asked me: Where are you going to return his Bitcoin to if you don't even ask for a Bitcoin address?

Just stop lying.

I'm not sure were you got that. Please show us the post so it can be altered. This is what we said:

Right now, we believe the best thing for all parties involved is that we continue with the reclaims process. We have investigated many of the claims but have many left. There were still claims being filed as of at least yesterday. Our intention is to have a secure platform where users can claim their accounts and everyone will be able to claims their accounts once the claims process is finished. We cannot offer a concrete timeline for exactly when this will happen but we are working as fast as possible. Please be patient. We are truly sorry for the grave inconveniences.

Sorry, but this is not how it should work.
You need to give a deadline for claims resolution and you handle all available claims and finalize them.
You can always add remaining claims at a later stage. But you can not wait until the last claim comes in which could be anytime between now and 500 years.
I expect a deadline for claims settlement which is about maximal 5 days out from today.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:36:13 PM

This is a community of good and honest people, we will patiently wait for solutions to problems.
LOL what?
probably a bad translation. I mean that less ignorant and stupid. More people - who understand the complexity of the situation.

I thought the lol was more about "wait patiently" - I've seen very little patience in this thread.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:38:09 PM

LOL what?

I thought the lol was more about "wait patiently" - I've seen very little patience in this thread.
Yeah that.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
naima53

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:43:25 PM

LOL what?

Yeah that.
It's true. It is one thing - scream "button warrior" in this forum. It is quite another matter - a lawsuit, or call the Russian Mafia. Wink

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:49:17 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 08:52:39 PM by Maged

It's true. It is one thing - scream "button warrior" in this forum. It is quite another matter - a lawsuit, or call the Russian Mafia. Wink

"Button warrior"! That's awesome. Going to use that phrase myself, thank you Naima53.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:50:29 PM

Still no mass leak.

Guess the hacker burned his popcorn in the microwave Roll Eyes
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 04:33:46 PM

Some may even argue it is a mistake to even code a site like Bitcoinica on RoR.

THIS

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 04:49:10 PM

I have a huge level of respect for Tihan because he has several times shown his honest and forth-right character. While it was unfortunate that we were muted for so long, it was needed I guess so that everyone could come to terms with what happened and make a solid action plan to move forwards rather than acting on impulse and emotion.

After the Linode problem, Tihan refunded everything from his own pocket. Again after this problem, he is again putting up the money to fund Bitcoinica. To me that commands great respect. I'm really happy we are collaborating with someone that trustworthy. Now he offers to take the blame too. If that's the case, then I should equally share in the blame what with being director for Intersango.

I could care less right now if everything we've worked on is in vain. The most important thing I feel is that everyone gets refunded. As a believer in transparency, honesty and openness, it feels good to have everything public now. Part of the problem was that the handover process was meant to be very gradual (it is very disruptive if you made sudden huge changes to a production system) but that there was some communication problems that allowed Bitcoinica to get compromised (things were assumed from both sides about its setup).

I trust the people involved with this. I would only surround myself with trustworthy dependable people. They are going to resolve this in the best manner they can with the crappy situation that exists. It's unfortunate but must be fixed.

+1

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:00:00 PM

I dread the moment any of my servers get compromised some day, for the first time.

If the person is good you'll probably never even know he was (or is) there.  That is unless you (or yours) are very very good.

Sure, miracles do happen all the time.

Or close enough approximations to fool large segments of humanity at least.

"..., for the first time" has an oddly superfluous ring to it which one senses could end up gushing hubris.  Happily the odds are on your side whether or not caution and competence is (and I have no reason to believe that either caution or competence is lacking of course.)

On a related (and illustrative) note, the ML I would be E-ing would be composed of much of what passed through the infamous mailserver which keeps poping up in this thread, and over who knows what period of time.  Clearly this server was used to conduct certain business related to the Bitcoinica transfer.  Seems likely that various Intersango business is also represented.  Also seems likely that Bitcoin Consultancy might be under continued pressure from the criminal for this reason which could add significantly to their woes.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
naima53

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:01:14 PM

I also said this can take long, but its not a question of IF only WHEN

I like your technical analysis. But, couldn't this be said about anything?  It's not IF the world will end, it's WHEN.

I reply on the right thread. This is my last post about technical analysis here, and here is the link for those who want to continue:
[url]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493.msg919512#msg919512

Back to the topic:
I have said as well that we need to ask for a deadline for the claim process to be done to bitcoin consultancy. I think 5 days max are realistic. Otherwise we should take real big action/url]

The claim process will be finished when you stop writing in blue and learn to post a link.
Before those 2 conditions are met, no chance!
I have nothing against different color font. It brings a little joy into our lives. And seriously. It is necessary to limit the time "claim page". Otherwise, all claims will grow and grow. Otherwise soon will not be enough $ 5`000`000  Grin

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:10:14 PM

I like your technical analysis. But, couldn't this be said about anything?  It's not IF the world will end, it's WHEN.

I reply on the right thread. This is my last post about technical analysis here, and here is the link for those who want to continue:

Back to the topic:
I have said as well that we need to ask for a deadline for the claim process to be done to bitcoin consultancy. I think 5 days max are realistic. Otherwise we should take real big action/url]

The claim process will be finished when you stop writing in blue and learn to post a link.
I have nothing against different color font. It brings a little joy into our lives. And seriously. It is necessary to limit the time "claim page". Otherwise, all claims will grow and grow. Otherwise soon will not be enough $ 5`000`000  Grin

Why would the claims "grow and grow" if the system can't be gamed Huh

Who said anything about $5 million ? Is that how much money Bitcoinica has ?
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:14:09 PM

Ah. The truth comes out.

Tihan paid us all back once, and will do it again.

Bitcoin Consultancy is the GP of Bitcoinica LP, and refused to answer that question when directly asked several times in this thread. What are they really hiding? What really happened here?

Zhou Tong, surprisingly, might act like a 17yo kid sometimes. Go figure Smiley - IMO, I'd be so much happier if he was running the show. Pretty decent job of negotiating a huge minefield with not a whole lot of life experience to draw from. I would be happy to use a service provided by Zhou Tong in the future, however unlikely that might be.

I won't be putting my money in any service owned by Intersango, Bitcoin Consultancy, Bitcoinica, or anything I find running their code. These guys lie, threaten, and attempt to intimidate to protect their failing reputation. That's plenty enough for me. There is basically nothing that they can do to regain my trust. After telling Patrick the other day that omitting th truth is a lie, he continued to do so. What on earth did you think you were protecting, Patrick?

Thank you, Tihan, for providing us with the truth so that the situation might be resolved sooner, and less time be spent on the endless fingerpointing. I'm sorry your investment didn't work out for you. If you do invest in a similar project, that has no association with Bitcoinica, Bitcoinica Consultancy, Bitcoin Consultancy, or Intersango, I would be very pleased to use it.

I will now patiently await the return of my funds.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:18:07 PM

Back to the topic:

I think it is just fair that there is a reasonable deadline. People who are significantly affected by the disaster have very likely claimed already and this needs to be taken care of.
There can always be another 2nd batch of claims processed afterwards, but you can't wait years to ensure that everyone is covered.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 05:19:01 PM

Full Disclosure: I AM (or is it I'm?) NOT A WORDSMITH!

But I know grammatical errors when I see/read them and I'm seeing/reading a hell of a lot them in all these official/nonofficial posts. It's like I'm reading shit written by young adults who don't have a rudimentary command of the English language but keep trying their damndest to come across as educated blokes. Now, I'm not necessarily speaking of Zhou, for obvious reasons, but I feel (not sure) that his writting style has changed, as if somebody else is posting in his name. Reason I say this is because I've read words of which he's spelled correctly in the past, coupled with his current delivery seems odd (to me).

Forgive me if this has already been address, but I'm now only catching up, about nine pages out.

Back to reading this CF.

~Bruno~

EDIT: I guess what I'm in referenced to seems to be addressed with the below.

And instead of tending to the matters at hand that are truly important, I see childish bickering among partners(?!) in the forums

Seriously, how professional can you get?

This is the same type of behaviour I saw in the logs of the 511BTC affair at intersango. Same tone, same voice. Same immature way of dealing with personal mistakes. When are you going to grow up, and stop with the idle attempts at intimidation? It doesn't become you, Patrick.

It's truly disappointing that you continue to engage each other in the forum instead of working on the claims process.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:26:20 PM

Back to the topic:

I think it is just fair that there is a reasonable deadline. People who are significantly affected by the disaster have very likely claimed already and this needs to be taken care of.
There can always be another 2nd batch of claims processed afterwards, but you can't wait years to ensure that everyone is covered.

Fully agree on the necessity of a timeline.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:26:28 PM

I would be happy to use a service provided by Zhou Tong in the future, however unlikely that might be.
Here you go: https://nameterrific.com/ <-- started by Zhou Tong

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 05:29:38 PM

I would be happy to use a service provided by Zhou Tong in the future, however unlikely that might be.
Here you go: https://nameterrific.com/ <-- started by Zhou Tong

How did you missed that guruvan?

(still 8 pages out of catching up)

~Bruno~
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:40:33 PM

After telling Patrick the other day that omitting th truth is a lie, he continued to do so. What on earth did you think you were protecting, Patrick?

What did Patrick lie about? You can email me genjix@riseup.net if you prefer to not say here...
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: