Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Alright I have booked my flight to the Amsterdam dev meeting on the 10th of November and Crown community open session on the 11th of November! Looking forward.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:38:46 PM

The difference between hot throne and hot/cold node is what?

Hot Throne: All the coins are stored in a wallet stored on the throne disk? No second machine required for this setup?
Hot/Cold Node: The throne itself has an empty wallet. The 10.000 CRW  are stored on a second machine. Both need to run?

What the benefit of each setup? My plan was more to use only one machine for the setup. So this would be a hot throne?

I tried to follow all the discussions about setting thrones but I guess this will be much easier the moment you do it yourself.

For the git repository, I guess the fix will be merged to master branch at some point? Maybe I should just wait some days until things are cleared and rebuild from source.

Have you tried this yet?

Thanks for all the comments. just curious and looking for real projects and this is on the list.

Blocknet is my number one for a node set up.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:31:59 PM

The difference between hot throne and hot/cold node is what?
Hot Throne: All the coins are stored in a wallet stored on the throne disk? No second machine required for this setup?
Hot/Cold Node: The throne itself has an empty wallet. The 10.000 CRW  are stored on a second machine. Both need to run?
What the benefit of each setup? My plan was more to use only one machine for the setup. So this would be a hot throne?
I tried to follow all the discussions about setting thrones but I guess this will be much easier the moment you do it yourself.
For the git repository, I guess the fix will be merged to master branch at some point? Maybe I should just wait some days until things are cleared and rebuild from source.

I think a Hot/Cold Node is better because you don't need to keep the controlling wallet open, and also running a masternode needs a static IP address.

So if you get a cheap VPS you can have the node running 24/7 without risking your coins or needing to keep the PC with the controller wallet on all the time.  Also with a VPS the firewall/IP setup is easier than getting into NAT routing on your home network.
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 07:06:43 PM

Only few Crypto tokens have Apple itunes mobile wallets

CRW is one of them. It took us several months of discussion with the iTunes people, they have rejected the app, but then we did not give up and submit a complaint the the Apple review board, and finally they have accepted it  Smiley

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crownpay/id1234028967?mt=8

tommyj11

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:32:38 PM

great to see a growing community, hope to see more and be able to participate in the future

BTW im the real tommyj1, my other account is in the hands of a russian that needed a sr account
Great to you see posting again, sir. Smiley
its great to be back sir Smiley another account but this one i wont loose

tommyj11

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:44:53 AM

Small update.

ServiceNode (SN) development is underway, our second new developer is working hard to bring v1 of SN's to testnet.
v1 will be without NTP timekeeper servers at first, but will be implemented in v2 of SN's.

We would like the SN network to grow and stabilise before we add NTP as the first service.
So far SN's will require 1/20th of the collateral of a Masternode (10,000CRW) = 500CRW per SN and will be rewarded appropriately.

Follow SN development here

https://github.com/Crowndev/crowncoin/tree/servicenode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separately the team are quite sure we have the correct framework for the application platform to go ahead and start specifying work tasks.
Documentation will be made available in the coming days boasting the breakthrough we made.

More infomation coming soon.

this is really great news, do the service nodes also need a dedicated ip?  same as a throne?
TheHealingComponent

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:57:12 AM

Fantastic news that Crown are seeking Ledger integration  Cool

Will it be possible to run a masternode and secure Crown wallet with Ledger? Similar to how Ark have integrated Ledger with their wallet?
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:04:28 AM

Alright I have booked my flight to the Amsterdam dev meeting on the 10th of November and Crown community open session on the 11th of November! Looking forward.  Smiley

See u there. More potheads like u are expected to arrive before sunday, the are flocking to that meeting mostly to be shown a middle finger, turn around and go book ticket to where they crawled from. Last time I visited amsterdam I lost footing in airport terminal because of weed overdose and couldn get uber without assistance.
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:57:11 AM

See u there. More potheads like u are expected to arrive before sunday, the are flocking to that meeting mostly to be shown a middle finger, turn around and go book ticket to where they crawled from. Last time I visited amsterdam I lost footing in airport terminal because of weed overdose and couldn get uber without assistance.

Thanks for your great input Gash  Wink

Vivacia

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:52:06 PM

Fantastic news that Crown are seeking Ledger integration  Cool

Will it be possible to run a masternode and secure Crown wallet with Ledger? Similar to how Ark have integrated Ledger with their wallet?

How would this work then?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:32:22 PM

Small update.

ServiceNode (SN) development is underway, our second new developer is working hard to bring v1 of SN's to testnet.
v1 will be without NTP timekeeper servers at first, but will be implemented in v2 of SN's.

We would like the SN network to grow and stabilise before we add NTP as the first service.
So far SN's will require 1/20th of the collateral of a Masternode (10,000CRW) = 500CRW per SN and will be rewarded appropriately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separately the team are quite sure we have the correct framework for the application platform to go ahead and start specifying work tasks.
Documentation will be made available in the coming days boasting the breakthrough we made.

this is really great news, do the service nodes also need a dedicated ip?  same as a throne?

The intention is for a dedicated IP to not be required, subject to us confirming that that doesn't introduce security issues.

One of the main purposes of service nodes is to provide a different point of entry for the community to provide services and be paid, without the hassle of setting up a Tron.
tommyj11

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:16:01 PM

Small update.

The intention is for a dedicated IP to not be required, subject to us confirming that that doesn't introduce security issues.

One of the main purposes of service nodes is to provide a different point of entry for the community to provide services and be paid, without the hassle of setting up a Tron.
i see, but does that ,ean you could run a throne and a SN using the same ip? but sure i can understand the security issue
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

Small update.

i see, but does that ,ean you could run a throne and a SN using the same ip? but sure i can understand the security issue

To do this, you'd have to have coins in a wallet on your Throne which is highly inadvisable.
Snoops

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:20:44 AM

I just posted the first part of a handful of reflections from the Nexus Conference that Fin and I attended over the past weekend. It can be found here: https://redd.it/72yqlt
Cheers  Smiley
tommyj11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:01:09 AM

Small update.

To do this, you'd have to have coins in a wallet on your Throne which is highly inadvisable.
is it still the same if i use different computers? same ip but on different wallets
Vivacia

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:22:51 PM

I have summed up some questions about running a service node.

• How can i run a service node? Or can i outsource this somewhere?
  • If i run one from my wallet, wont this mean my wallet is easy to access? Considering risk i dont know if it is worth it?
  • Is it possible to run it from a Raspberry Pi or something? I need to keep electricity cost at a minimum. If yes, how?

Huh
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

Crown Atomic weekly update to the Community - 29.9.2017

The Crown dev team has agreed that a regular weekly update to the community will be communicated by every Friday. This will make the progress on the Atomic features more transparent

During this week the core Atomic team led by Artem, defunctec and chaositec worked hard to discuss and specify details of the Crown Atomic system and new actors in the Crown Governance System. Some of the previous design ideas were abandoned.

The discussion took place about the way of licensing masternodes, verify identities, encryption private data of identities, types of agreements in the network, cross-country and legal jurisdiction issues, how the system will empower actors (agents) with specific roles in the network, and how it will revoke them in case they start behaving dishonestly. Some fresh ideas have been discussed and approved by the team. It brings some new technical challenges though, so we work to design, specify and document different use cases of the system.

There are also changes to opcodes/transactions workflow, so new prototypes have been created according to the high-level design changes. The workflow became more complex including different multisig scenarios, but it seems to be more secure and decentralized way to create the system that we want. To make the system reliable and user-friendly some new subsystems may emerge (personal data confidentiality mechanism, mutisig communication) but they won't be a part of the first release of Crown Atomic, they will be planned for the next phases.

realdefunctec

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:03:03 AM

• If i run one from my wallet, wont this mean my wallet is easy to access? Considering risk i dont know if it is worth it?
  • Is it possible to run it from a Raspberry Pi or something? I need to keep electricity cost at a minimum. If yes, how?

Huh

No doubt there will be services that come along and offer Service node hosting. However if you wanted to host yourself then a vps is ideal. Just like masternodes Service nodes will require 1IP4 address per servicenode.

ServiceNode will change to SystemNode, as new comers may get confused about the application layer offering services and servicenodes (systemnodes) offering the network services.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:03:17 AM

Huh
We have a compiled version for raspberry pi, so its basically just follow any masternode setup more or less (there will be specifics on how to set up systemnodes, but besides that process will be the same)

also we should have the option of running a hot/cold setup  - just like the way thrones are running now, so your coins wont be in a running wallet, and you can lock your wallet

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:00:21 PM

Crown Atomic weekly update to the Community - 29.9.2017

The Crown dev team has agreed that a regular weekly update to the community will be communicated by every Friday. This will make the progress on the Atomic features more transparent

During this week the core Atomic team led by Artem, defunctec and chaositec worked hard to discuss and specify details of the Crown Atomic system and new actors in the Crown Governance System. Some of the previous design ideas were abandoned.

The discussion took place about the way of licensing masternodes, verify identities, encryption private data of identities, types of agreements in the network, cross-country and legal jurisdiction issues, how the system will empower actors (agents) with specific roles in the network, and how it will revoke them in case they start behaving dishonestly. Some fresh ideas have been discussed and approved by the team. It brings some new technical challenges though, so we work to design, specify and document different use cases of the system.

There are also changes to opcodes/transactions workflow, so new prototypes have been created according to the high-level design changes. The workflow became more complex including different multisig scenarios, but it seems to be more secure and decentralized way to create the system that we want. To make the system reliable and user-friendly some new subsystems may emerge (personal data confidentiality mechanism, mutisig communication) but they won't be a part of the first release of Crown Atomic, they will be planned for the next phases.

Nice work guys.  I know this is complicated but also know that you are close to having it wrapped up.  Keep up the good work.
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: