Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:25:01 AM

I just saw this interesting discussion video about law and smart contracts by aantonop, not sure if you guys have seen it.  Here is the text:

"Reading and writing the word of the law, but judging according to the spirit of the law - how does this apply to code for legal frameworks? We already have plenty of institutions that allow you flexibility to have your problem adjudicated in front of an impartial judge or a jury of your peers.

Law students will leave believing in the spirit of the law and be gradually ground down in the system of prosecution and courts until eventually they don't believe in anything other than winning the case. We are now looking at building systems where the outcome is known based on the formula of a neutral contract. It will not always work, sometimes it will backfire badly and we will have another DAO-saster.

How can law create a safety net? The worst case is that a smart contract fails and then parties in the contract geo-locate each other to sue them in whatever court they choose at the time. New York Convention on Arbitration, an international treaty that allows you to claim independent legal arbitration within a private system of law in 156 countries. Distinguishing between use and abuse of the system with normative judgement. In a system that has no spirit of law, only rule, there is no distinction between use and abuse; if the consensus algorithm allowed it, it is not abuse.

The lesson of TheDAO wasn't "do we fork or not fork?", it was that you don't put $150 million in an untested contract, you idiots! That is a lesson that is self-correcting because people got hurt. The caveat of these new systems is that they are free-market, collaborative, voluntary participation: caveat emptor - "buyer beware."

Is it true that "accounting jobs will be gone in five years because of smart contracts"? The jobs will not be gone, they will be radically transformed. If you don't embrace this new technology, or you fight it, you will find yourself in a smaller and smaller niche that is less important to the rest of the world. Smart contracts are neither "smart," nor "contracts." They are programs which are rather 'dumb.' Decentralisation is a powerful force and we are living the century of decentralisation."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TRzuPwJCc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 02:34:12 PM

I just saw this interesting discussion video about law and smart contracts by aantonop, not sure if you guys have seen it.  Here is the text:

"Reading and writing the word of the law, but judging according to the spirit of the law - how does this apply to code for legal frameworks? We already have plenty of institutions that allow you flexibility to have your problem adjudicated in front of an impartial judge or a jury of your peers.

Law students will leave believing in the spirit of the law and be gradually ground down in the system of prosecution and courts until eventually they don't believe in anything other than winning the case. We are now looking at building systems where the outcome is known based on the formula of a neutral contract. It will not always work, sometimes it will backfire badly and we will have another DAO-saster.

How can law create a safety net? The worst case is that a smart contract fails and then parties in the contract geo-locate each other to sue them in whatever court they choose at the time. New York Convention on Arbitration, an international treaty that allows you to claim independent legal arbitration within a private system of law in 156 countries. Distinguishing between use and abuse of the system with normative judgement. In a system that has no spirit of law, only rule, there is no distinction between use and abuse; if the consensus algorithm allowed it, it is not abuse.

The lesson of TheDAO wasn't "do we fork or not fork?", it was that you don't put $150 million in an untested contract, you idiots! That is a lesson that is self-correcting because people got hurt. The caveat of these new systems is that they are free-market, collaborative, voluntary participation: caveat emptor - "buyer beware."

Is it true that "accounting jobs will be gone in five years because of smart contracts"? The jobs will not be gone, they will be radically transformed. If you don't embrace this new technology, or you fight it, you will find yourself in a smaller and smaller niche that is less important to the rest of the world. Smart contracts are neither "smart," nor "contracts." They are programs which are rather 'dumb.' Decentralisation is a powerful force and we are living the century of decentralisation."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TRzuPwJCc

Thanks very much btct22 for sharing that, very useful for our Atomic designs, I have shared it in our Atomic private channel.
 Wink

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 02:13:38 PM

OFFICIAL SYSTEM NODES UPDATE 02/10/2017

SystemNode development is in full swing. Ashot (The SystemNode developer) has produced a small update explaining how Systemnodes work and the problems he has yet to resolve.

After discussion it seems SystemNodes will be available for testing within October. Please be prepared for testing if you would like to help us out.

We will release another update at the end of the week.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVfVH7AoSzDvaAV6NwQB_Ijvq_7GpOmKvV6vEwYXvj8/edit?usp=sharing

Snoops

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:04:05 AM

Part 2 of the Nexus Reflections is available on our reddit page: https://redd.it/73y1m1  Smiley
Shadow Trader

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:56:19 AM

https://twitter.com/Crowncoin1/status/915466683648806912
higherbridge

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 08:26:12 PM by higherbridge

Hi all,

To gain a bit more traction in publicity around Crown, an event has been added to Cryptocurrency Calendar.
Please vote on the event to increase notability.

Thanks!
Shadow Trader

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:33:06 PM

Only 2 days left, dev will bring more exciting announcement and update at Friday. Crown is too good for hold for long term.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:34:55 PM

Hi all,

To gain a bit more traction in publicity around Crown, an event has been added to Cryptocurrency Calendar.

Unfortunately you'll have to go through this process twice if you want to vote on both events.

Thanks!

Done, whats the second event, I could only find one?
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:13:21 PM

Nice to see different local communities getting set up.  

For the dev team -- anything more that can be discussed in terms of what the original "skeleton keys" are evolving into, specifically around how the network will "license" different "agents" to enable the different capabilities discussed in Atomic, but in a what should be amore distributed and resilient way than other solutions?  A drawing or 1 pager on this would be awesome to help people (including me) -- understand....

Also -- this helps the developing network of ambassadors start to plan how an initial communications and education role in a local community would be able to develop into a business.  Snoops 2nd reddit update expressed that better than I ever could.  

Love seeing the consistent progress from Ashot on the system nodes.  Would just be great to have some visibility for the community into the work Artem & Chaositec are doing as well.  

I don't think people who haven't been to one of the meetings quite get the scope of the project, and the potential of using different keys to unlock different capabilities within a crypto systems -- and not just using the keys to sign a transfer of tokens, but having more uses for the keys and more uses for the tokens too....

And when you think of it that way it is also obvious why having a cryptographer like Artem involved now is essential (thank you defunctec!).  

I've had to step back from actively working on CRW for personal reasons -- but this project is different than anything else I've come across in crypto, and has much more potential than anyone really appreciates (in my opinion).  

Every other decent project I looked at (including bitcoin and ethereum) has been "captured" by some limiting factor -- either a fundamental architecture problem or an core economic community or interest group or a specific application.  By building on lessons the core team learned from other projects and also just working quietly during this year's coin frenzy -- Crown may be in the process of managing to sneak up on the competition... or that is what I would like to believe.

I tend to read and think too much -- but the problem that we are really trying to solve with these networks isn't a "token" problem -- but to create a system for managing a Common Pool Resource -- a commons.  First off, you can't create a commons with an ICO -- it has to be built on top of a community... The most iconic work on this subject is probably Elinor Ostrom's nobel prize winning notes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elinor_Ostrom -- and her principles for the management of common pool resources.  And within this -- all these guys who want to create a new internet are kind of screwing up too... sorry IPFS...  you aren't creating a network -- you are using a network to create a common pool resource.  The problem has been a problem of composition / framing...  and damn I have taken a beating from some for making this point -- because most of us have only read about one thing or another and we are too specialized in our knowledge.

A crypto-commons or kerckhoff social network (fuck the whole crypto-currency thing -- it's so 2009)... but a crypto-commons which is a common pool resource managed by the governance structure of the network and with it's resources allocated by the token which is intrinsic to the network... and where that commons has an interface on iOs & Android (2.6 B smart phones at current count) --- well this is a new sort of nervous system for, well, the world... and that is when your Ostrom needs to be informed by Stuart Kaufmann's insights into networks, complexity and evolution.  I was introduced to Kaufman by someone I met on the Crown Mattermost who used to work with him decades ago and suggested that an understanding of Kaufmann's work was what I was missing.... and he was right.  The key to Kaufmann is in understanding the characteristics of different network structures and the range between rigidity and chaos -- which helps one think about how to structure a network which is a mix of stability and chaos... or where you push the edges of the network to the edge of chaos, but keep the core of the network stable... there are plenty of examples of this in nature... the book to start with on Kaufmann is probably At Home in the Universe -- chapter 4.  Kaufmann's insights on networks actually help explain why 2 tiered governance structures are so common and stable -- a unified structure is too rigid, but as you get into 3 or more layers -- it gets exponentially more complex (roughly) to get agreements, so it becomes to unstable -- so 1 is too rigid, 3 is too fluid.... and it turns out that golidlocks was wise beyond her years.  

Then the final step in the back ground stuff -- is that Kaufmann ultimately connects to the importance of the sacred -- or something which is taken as given at the core of a system.  I think of this in terms of Gödel's incompleteness theorem -- we must start with an assumption and that assumption is what is sacred... for Crown, the assumption that I imagine that it starts with is that human agency and freedom are what is sacred -- or what is assumed to be good.  And this is where I lose many folks... and where I think most of crypto would say I am full of shit... but this is where the opportunity is too...  because there is some reason everyone is doing this?  For many it is probably a sort of gambling addiction and just fun -- but we are playing with amazing technologies which can do a lot more than laundering money and avoiding taxes or providing amusement...

You just have to step into a different frame and imagine what could be if you start with the idea that human agency should be sacred and encouraged, and that we have a network structure which can be designed with evolutionary principles to be both self-governing and stable at the core and dancing on the edge of chaos with different agents out on the edges, and owned by no one, but governed by itself following the principles we have learned from observing the goverance of other common resources in societies over centuries.

Just an idea... this is the shared imagination referred to in the first of the crown papers.  But it doesn't exist yet -- people have to build it.
higherbridge

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:25:50 PM

Hi all,

Unfortunately you'll have to go through this process twice if you want to vote on both events.

Thanks!

Done, whats the second event, I could only find one?

Oh I see, they've been merged. Will update my post. Thanks for voting!
higherbridge

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:35:34 PM

I don't think people who haven't been to one of the meetings quite get the scope of the project, and the potential of using different keys to unlock different capabilities within a crypto systems -- and not just using the keys to sign a transfer of tokens, but having more uses for the keys and more uses for the tokens too....

[...]

Every other decent project I looked at (including bitcoin and ethereum) has been "captured" by some limiting factor -- either a fundamental architecture problem or an core economic community or interest group or a specific application.  By building on lessons the core team learned from other projects and also just working quietly during this year's coin frenzy -- Crown may be in the process of managing to sneak up on the competition... or that is what I would like to believe.

[...]

You just have to step into a different frame and imagine what could be if you start with the idea that human agency should be sacred and encouraged, and that we have a network structure which can be designed with evolutionary principles to be both self-governing and stable at the core and dancing on the edge of chaos with different agents out on the edges, and owned by no one, but governed by itself following the principles we have learned from observing the goverance of other common resources in societies over centuries.

Just an idea... this is the shared imagination referred to in the first of the crown papers.  But it doesn't exist yet -- people have to build it.

These few paragraphs basically sum up why I'm so excited about this whole project. Going way beyond being a cryptocurrency and actually developing a usable and accessible platform is the future. And Crown and its community are doing just that! Cheesy
hypermist

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:23:03 AM

Hey there, Crown Community.
We are looking for a person whom is skilled enough to do a fork of bitcore for Crown, You will be paid for the work you have done, and the amount paid will be confirmed beforehand. You’ll be required to fork bitcore related items examples of this are (insight block chain explorer, bitcore libraries, etc), You will be required to prove work that you’ve done this before, for another coin, or provide the required documents to show that you have coding skills in this ability, You will need to add auxpow header support to the bitcore code so that Crown can then use them for other items that will further give Crown access to more opportunities.

Please contact me via hypermist@crown.tech if you are interested in working for Crowns Bitcore code.
Thanks Hypermist (Developer Of Crown)

Vivacia

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:01:09 PM

Hi all,

Thanks!

Done!
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:28:30 PM

For the dev team -- anything more that can be discussed in terms of what the original "skeleton keys" are evolving into, specifically around how the network will "license" different "agents" to enable the different capabilities discussed in Atomic, but in a what should be amore distributed and resilient way than other solutions?  A drawing or 1 pager on this would be awesome to help people (including me) -- understand....

Also -- this helps the developing network of ambassadors start to plan how an initial communications and education role in a local community would be able to develop into a business.  Snoops 2nd reddit update expressed that better than I ever could.  

We are still in the process of finalising the documentation, but are moving along in a good pace. we have worked out a way to require more than one 'entity' for ID verification, and have worked out a solution for licenseer 'entities'. but currently its too early to discuss any deeper details about these.

Artem, Defunctec and i are working on getting the possible best solutions into version 1, and will after we have finished version 1, reassess if some things needs to change, or evolve.

Alot of things needs to be considered, so that we keep things within laws, but also get as much decentralisation as possible, and i am sure more ideas will evolve as we finish up the first version.. this is a process over time, not a 1 shot finished part of atomic.

We dont want to go too deep into the exact implementations until we have it in testnet, because we want to have first mover advantage.

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
urban_idler

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:39:54 PM

We are still in the process of finalising the documentation, but are moving along in a good pace. we have worked out a way to require more than one 'entity' for ID verification, and have worked out a solution for licenseer 'entities'. but currently its too early to discuss any deeper details about these.

Artem, Defunctec and i are working on getting the possible best solutions into version 1, and will after we have finished version 1, reassess if some things needs to change, or evolve.

Alot of things needs to be considered, so that we keep things within laws, but also get as much decentralisation as possible, and i am sure more ideas will evolve as we finish up the first version.. this is a process over time, not a 1 shot finished part of atomic.

We dont want to go too deep into the exact implementations until we have it in testnet, because we want to have first mover advantage.

Makes sense. Thx!
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:00:50 AM

Devs are working very hard. Keep it up. Undervalued project

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 11:32:32 AM

Crown Atomic Weekly Update 6.10.2017

After we discussed and approved some Atomic ideas, we continued working on the design and looking for solutions to the technical challenges. Artem has deduced common rules to cover different Atomic use cases and finalized the new operational codes workflow design. Many different design ideas were considered and combinations of them to find the best solution.

We hope this workflow will be able to handle all identified use cases and probably will be a solution for some new use cases that will be developed by Atomic users. Also the identity registration & verification algorithm has been designed and documented, there are different variations of the algorithm depending on the amount of versifiers, initiator of the process etc.

Now we are working on specifying details of application management, service subscriptions, Masternode licensing etc.

All specification is being compiled to one document, this document will be released once the first version of the application layer is in testnet.

tommyj11

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:07:15 PM

After we discussed and approved some Atomic ideas, we continued working on the design and looking for solutions to the technical challenges. Artem has deduced common rules to cover different Atomic use cases and finalized the new operational codes workflow design. Many different design ideas were considered and combinations of them to find the best solution.

We hope this workflow will be able to handle all identified use cases and probably will be a solution for some new use cases that will be developed by Atomic users. Also the identity registration & verification algorithm has been designed and documented, there are different variations of the algorithm depending on the amount of versifiers, initiator of the process etc.

Now we are working on specifying details of application management, service subscriptions, Masternode licensing etc.

All specification is being compiled to one document, this document will be released once the first version of the application layer is in testnet.
great work by everyone involved! we're on the right path
urban_idler

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:08:02 PM

Thanks for the update.  From the activity in the GitHub, it looks like we are close to being able to play with the System Nodes in the testnet to work out the bugs?  Is the planned collateral requirement for the System Nodes still 500 CRW? thx.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:11:23 PM

Thanks for the update.  From the activity in the GitHub, it looks like we are close to being able to play with the System Nodes in the testnet to work out the bugs?  Is the planned collateral requirement for the System Nodes still 500 CRW? thx.

Yes we have kept the requirements, and returns as 1/20th, shouldnt be more than a few weeks for first testing of systemnodes in testnet

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: