Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:49:41 PM

1623 Intermediate Promotions

The Town resources are pressed with the new developments, so be it announced that only L3 were promoted this Anno Domini 1623, as follows:
163, 199, 205, 210, 211, 214, 216, 217.

We have full employment, so all have received a job for the starting year, even Strangers have part-time work, and the salaries are as follows:
L2: 350,000
L3: 700,000
L4: 1,050,000
L5: 1,400,000
L6: 1,750,000
L7: 2,100,000
L8: 2,800,000
L9: 3,500,000.

These, plus the promotion-based gifts, etc. will be paid in the next week (6 real-hours).

Unless new resources materialize, the next promotion round is part of the Great One - the 225th Jubilee with promotions up to and including Grand Duke (L18) hinted. (And that 1624 will be few if any promotions.)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:43:07 PM

updated version
Tidings from the Counties - November 1622

General

Large resources were sent to the far ends of the Kingdom approximately 1.5 years ago, and some have already brought back reports. It has been found that summer is much more pleasant time for travelling than winter, and therefore the future for sending preparatory convoys in most cases needs to be made as early as March (end of Tuesday, please ignore the game that shows wrong month names). If they are still in place by the November deadline (end of Saturday), they count towards the PRE.

Geography

There is no appreciable cartography talent in the Kingdom, so very rough explanations will need to suffice until situation improves. (This takes into account the info received in the latter part of this post.)

The following counties are to the North of CryptoTown:
North Face, believed to be the furthest north
Tavastia
Petrichor
Stonehaven.
Apart from the initial detachment sent back from the Duke's troops, no information from the far north has been obtained.

The following counties are to the West of CryptoTown:
New Liberty, a large area including an inland sea and many islands.

The following counties are to the East of CryptoTown:
(none - the area has been considered part of Rossiya)

The following counties are to the South of CryptoTown:
Ramsey
White Cross
Grass
Plath
At least they left the south route, but it is mostly unclear where the counties actually are located, because most traffic goes that way.

The following counties are believed to be further away as enclaves of Foreign Powers, at least until our borders expand:
Nassau
Armagnac
Forte Spagnolo
Rome

The following counties are in Korea, the homeland of Dr. Paul Choo (Prince of Soul)
Soul
Gangnam

The location and/or "getting there" of the following counties is mysterious
Arda
Neverland

No information is known of the following counties
OZ
CryptoLuna
Sarajas
Naoned
Savannah
Ghibli
Carabas

In the feedback reports, I will have to use short notation because it might get excessive, so please add the details yourself Wink

New Liberty

As some guessed, the Duke himself had left early to prepare his land for the troops. He was in Stockholm and had met the King Gustaf Adolf personally as a (self-nominated but convincing) high representative of Crypto Kingdom. Due to his massive SCI spends he believes to know the geography and political situation rather well. Sweden is a rising power and HKM (His Royal Majesty) has been fighting many wars around the borders with less success but more experience. The area known as New Liberty is vast as the claim historically encompasses both the coasts of Östersjön, the west one the Swedes consider part of Sweden proper and they also claim the east one, including the islands, and "Tavastia, North Face and Ingria", so possibly the majority of Crypto Kingdom. The claims did not make the relations sour, the King was just wary because he needs allies to "preserve the religious freedom" if possible in the continent as well, since apparently the protestants there are bleeding.

The incident with the advancing Duke of NL Company happened simultaneously and unrelatedly based on previous orders. The company had been searching a port town (or a possibility to build one) when they encountered the Swedish regiment. The Swedes gained "victory" as they held ground while the Duke's forces continued northward, mapping the area and making finds.

OldDuchy

The situation in the town had become somewhat intense, so most of the troops were stationed there, from where they could be deployed easily to help the nobles in their efforts, and also protect the town from surprises. Only the Royal Second Company (90 BV) was mobilized in the spring with the objective of going to the road to Rossiya and find out their outpost, "just to check it out" with no high level diplomatic contact sought due to insufficient preparations. The Training Detachments were tasked to divide the land for the Manors, and the main force (312 BV in single command) stayed in the Citadel, making plans for its modernisation.

The secretly-much-hoped expedition to the East managed only a few days from where our settlements ended. There it met a Rossiyan outpost with a staunch attitude and despite gifts, the only real information that was received is that Rossiya starts there and foreign troops are not welcome. (Civilian contact with Rossiya has been mostly unregulated throughout history.)

White Cross

The troops have already sent back first-hand reports.

Stonehaven

The County of Stonehaven, as currently defined, encompasses the area north of TVA Duchy and until the Great River. The river flows very slowly to the west, yet is navigable. The Marquessate of Tavastia is the norther side. The county has a great plain that is by the river, and some sort of hills in the south (historically considered the northern border of the Old Duchy.

In two summers, a camp has been founded in a suitable spot by the river. The peasant population is a mix of Rossiyans, northerners and locals. The Swedes seem to sort of lord it over the area, and have a very efficient engineering corps effort ongoing. They did not let us spy the main camp which is to the east, meanwhile ours is in plain sight. Communication difficulties have prevented contact. We have not seen regular military.

Plath

The County of Plath is likely the furthest contiguous extent to the South where our forces are seen. The Earl has expended great SCI resources for mapping the situation there, but his army proved their ineffectiveness in the Battle of the Ambush, the first encounter in the Crypto Kingdom liberation wars with casualties (4 killed). The local population stayed content with so many of the trolls slain, with no feelings to either side. The local leader "boy-king" escaped so the encounter is a victory. The management is now ready to start Social Policies in the area (private consultation). Notable is that despite their numbers, both the management and the army are hugely ineffective.

Despite the distance, reaching Plath is comparatively easy - 4 months by a wagon-train, 2 months for foot soldiers and 1 on horseback (summer figures given). This is a very strategic outpost and the construction of a proper road there should be a priority.

The Earl lifted up his gaze and saw a foreign diplomat on the courtyard. Message was:

Good tidings from Castellan and Voivode Palczynski, the ruler of the area. We are happy to inform you that the Universal Catholic Faith reigns supreme in all of Polonia. Good to see that your Kingdom has not fallen to the heretics like that of our archenemy Gustaf Adolf! Join us in our crusade to restore the faith and burn their towns! In return we will recognize your claim not only to Plath but also to the coasts, and strengthen the trade routes.  For now, we consider HRH Prince Boguslaw ("the boy-king") to be the rightful lord here, so you should stop fighting between brothers in faith.

Ramsey

Saddam observes the preparations of the others. Many seem to be going to the end of the known world (which, of course, is true!) But, calculating once in his life, he thinks about where the big prize is. Land near the Capital can be brought to production more quickly, tolls charged to wayfarers, farms are safer from invaders... The closest such land lies immediately to the south from what has traditionally been the Old Duchy entrance. Because the land is near, the troops did not cause too much uproar, the peasants knew where they were from (and the 150 BV of course pacifies things just like it should).

Despite the smallness of SCI available, the administrative component of Saddam's force was large enough to find out that the land was indeed large, and clearly wealthier than the sparse Manors at home. But it had been ravaged by war in not too distant past - all the Manors had been burned down and valuables looted. There was no king in the land, so the dwellers had organized a militia system: each Manor holder "Chief" (it could be envisioned that some of the manors had been fledgling seats of counties due to the size) had a life guard of a few NCO, sometimes only 2. But in 24 hours, each of these can muster 10 men from the peasantry with farm weapons. This was readily presented to actually happen.

Saddam's headquarters is founded in a strategic place near what could-and-should-be the highway from Rome to CryptoTown, and he is entitled to starting social policies towards the peasantry (contact GM).

North Face

The well-equipped force of the Duke of North Face has met no resistance from the locals - if there even were any! The locals live a nomadic life drinking vodka (if they can get it) and only gather together to slaughter their animals. No foie gras is produced here, and very few VEG. "If only this god-forsaken place was closer, that meat would be of value!" The locals pay no attention to the preparations, and are apt to trade and cheat in the trading, but don't produce anything. Silver and copper have been sighted but none of the strange coins.

The only question is, what in the world are we doing here? Does it make sense to build a town here? Some rivers are flowing to the south but because of the orders received, the colony has been kept in a hedgehog formation without venturing outside. The locals tell that far in the north is a snowy mountain range that few can cross, far far in the north is an open sea, then a sea that is frozen all-year round, then it becomes warm again, and Ultima Thule is in the far north. The VOD and MUS enjoyed by the reciter of the tale may have contributed. Still, the question is whether to stand against Nature and go further north, or to south, or to home...

After a longish time of questioning around, trying to get the whereabouts of Louhi, the same envoy appeared. Discussion was, if possible, even shorter than last time: "I am watching you, like I have watched all the previous ones. I will contact you, if I want. In the way I want."

Social policies have become possible because of the PRE accumulated.

Grass

The land of Grass is pleasant grassland as far as the eye can see. The Kingdom troops had no difficulty surveying the land but the peasants acted reserved. Here also the ravages of war were seen, which posed a sad contrast to the agreeable nature. CAN production is very strong here with the locals enjoying their full quota. A local slipped that huge secret stashes abound in the land, and due to the war and the Church have amassed all silver, CAN was even used as a currency. Similar to in Ramsey, no definite overlord seemed to be exist.

Scientific advances possible and their benefits

10,000 SCI  -  Heavy (24-pound) Cannon (almost immobile) manufacturing and proper usage
~30,000 SCI  -  Borough-22 incl eg. continuous urban planning
~10,000 SCI  -  Cho-ko-nu an easy to manufacture and use weapon with higher rate of fire than muskets (req. expedition to get plans)
10,000 SCI  -  Printing press installation and training (incl machinery)
20,000 SCI  -  Muskets manufacturing without helps
~20,000 SCI  -  Seafaring 1: coastal and auxiliary navy and basic seaman training
~20,000 SCI  -  Seafaring 2: wooden ships with cannon, control of Östersjön
~20,000 SCI  -  Seafaring 3: blue seas navy (in theory at least)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:28:51 PM

Tell your friends and family to follow Martti and learn the basics of CryptoKingdom https://twitter.com/Crypto_Kingdom Wink

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:50:30 PM

The old post could not be found where this was promised, but the promise still exists in memory:

The Most Ancient and Worshipful Corporation of the Town Hall has made THS1 silver rings in 1585. They are now being gifted to characters whose char_id = 120 or higher, and who reach level L3.

Because it took so long time before their issuing started, the recipients of the initial batch were "leveled" as follows:

L14: 2
L13: 3
L9: 1
L6: 1
L4: 4
L3: 16

About 100 rings still exist! Smiley

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:20:28 PM

There you go:

The Most Ancient and Worshipful Corporation of the Town Hall announces a silver giveaway:

A silver ring weighing 3 CKS to the 130 first players to register in the Online version and reach the level 3: Freeman. These rings are made in 1585.

(CKS/silver is a luxury resource in Crypto Kingdom, and it is much more rare than CKG/gold - only 70,000 g is estimated to exist after the Ancient era conversion is finished. Because silver is mineable, and it does not pay dividends, the value per CKS is likely only a fraction of CKG, though.)

The old post could not be found where this was promised, but the promise still exists in memory:

The Most Ancient and Worshipful Corporation of the Town Hall has made THS1 silver rings in 1585. They are now being gifted to characters whose char_id = 120 or higher, and who reach level L3.

Because it took so long time before their issuing started, the recipients of the initial batch were "leveled" as follows:

L14: 2
L13: 3
L9: 1
L6: 1
L4: 4
L3: 16

About 100 rings still exist! Smiley
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:33:03 PM

I've drawn a sketch of the NewLiberty county based on the descriptions, along with the emplacement of the Swedes' camp. Of course, the information I'm working on is rather vague, so a lot could well change.

As the Swedes seem to claim dominion over North Face, Tavastia, and New Liberty, but not Petrichor, and that Petrichor is said to lie to the north of the Old Duchy, it seems lilkely that Petrichor is east of Stonehaven. Or maybe the information is too vague to draw conclusions yet.

http://imgur.com/ZXJ7V7I

Red Erin

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:44:06 PM

Hi all,

I know I'm just fresh from the countryside, but I know a thing or two about farming and keeping track of everything a farm estate needs.  Since there is an opening for caring for one, and not enough candidates to fill the vacancies, I'm up to the task.

Now, I'm still a poor peasant, with a new pig being my most prized possession, so monetary donations are not on the table - though I have just received a yearly stipend of about a third of a pig (700000), which I would gladly send to the Treasury! I have some meat leftover from my previous pig, though, so there's that. I'm not sure what Kings eat, but something tells me they might have better than pig in reserve. But if that's to the King's taste, 50 kg of pig meat will be there (unless they're sold already by the time, in which case the shiny metal I get in return may be even more to the King's liking).

If I get the charge of one of these estates, all profit will go towards employing people till we get up to speed.  I may be more used to dealing with day labourers than soldiers, but that's just hiring for work, isn't it.  Based upon the King's own numbers, I expect I will have the required amount of new hires well within the end of term. Any profit left over at the end of the term, whatever it may end up being, will then find its way to the Royal Treasury Wink If any is left, that is. It may be that hiring defenders may prove more pressing at time progresses, after reading the latest news. From past experience with marauders on our farmlands, I know being prepared is never a bad thing. I expect at minimum to have 1 LT and 3 PTE in the first year, and 5 PTE in the second, providing a small, but cheap guard.

After two years, I don't expect any hardship, regardless of whether the term is extended. There is a good market for soldiers, and if I have to disband the estate guard, they'll easily find another employer.

So here we go. An opportunity like this isn't found every day, and I came to town to find some of these, so I'll grab the long shot while I raise the next pig!
CatholicChurch

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:47:40 AM

The Catholic Church

https://i.imgur.com/Py7wy3s.png

It is time. A SPEcialist-2 has been sent sent via horseback to the edge of Plath on a diplomatic mission. He has but a single scroll and enough food for the journey. There is not much time. Much is happening in the lands of CK...
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:51:02 AM

Cooper thought about the request for applications for Estates and decided that if he was to become the noble that he always wanted to be (after his father, The Marquess of White Cross), he needed to act in line with how a noble would act. He must make his way without his father "helping him out" all the time. He told the Marquess that he wanted to get an Estate, and his father tried to donate hundreds of millions of moneritos to him to donate to the treasury. While he hasn't had too many problems growing up, he was starting to see these handouts as a major issue and wanted to make his way on his own.  He turned down the money and used his own funds for this. 

He had a problem though, he was only 26 and he hadn't thought much about making an army. The marquess lent him a few troops to get his estate started. Cooper was adamant that they would be returned as soon as he could afford to purchase his own, from profits made by the estate.  He wants to do this ON HIS OWN!! To this effect, he would like to apply for the Essu estate (or others, if that one is taken).

* He has a SGT and 6 PTE for a small army that he will assign to the Estate to patrol. 
* He would like to donate to the King 10 x CS1617E, the CS-series 5 CKS gold coin from 1617
* He will make a royal treasury donation of 10,000,000 moneritos

I see that Cooper has announced his application for an Estate. Well, I wish him luck. If my son would only accept a donation he would probably have a better chance of success in this Estate mission. Children are very frustrating sometimes. All I want for him is success.  Sigh...

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:36:56 AM

1623 dawns

The health challenge has been evaluated and a new one initialized. The coroner decided diplomatically to check all deaths in the beginning of the next year, so that they would get buried well in advance of the celebration year. Only promotions, Orders, honors, medals, and badges would then be announced - no deaths.

The expansion of the PC userbase has been good. The number of "characters initialized with health" has grown 50% during the time the health challenge has existed (about 8 years).

Also the preparations going on in each and everywhere, have boosted the economy greatly. In as little as 2 years, the CryptoTown rental market, originally facing death at 3,333 m rental dividend payout per share, is now 5,381 m/share, which will soon cause cultural buildings to be transferred back to rentals. Or more rentals built. This matter is a priority in King's plans, as are many other things, challengingly...

Lord James Daniel of Aaspere
Sir Crichton, Earl of Plath, Lord of Essu, etc
Lord Angus of Haljala
Cooper, Lord of Kunda
Red Erin, Lady of Pada

The manor lords are appointed (above) for a 2-year term. Please transfer the remainder of the gifts promised, as well as the rental amount, to account "1". This is a historical day. The guide to the role will be sent soon, possibly public in here, because the ingame communication is not yet that functional.

Instead of writing again about things that are too recent to have changed, I exhort everyone to take a large cup of coffee and read the thread with all the changes since Countryside, or actually the Title post.

After the recent halving, 2,941*RAF-1 exist! Now will start the active dividend phase with FOIE going to the ones remaining after the next halving.. Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:46:48 AM

The Catholic Church
Royal Palace, 1 Central Square January 11, 1622

(From) HM The King, etc(x3)

(To) HG The Prince-Bishop, the M of Armagnac, etc(x2)
or
The Highest Representative of our Most Holy and catholic Church in TMA CryptoTown

Your Grace (or in practice Whoever This May Concern),

Our Kingdom has opened up to new worlds, but to the sadness of pious souls, intermittent reports of war are heard from all directions. The summer is coming, and our Kingdom also needs to prepare for whatever Providence (the word Destiny can be seen corrected) has laid for us.

It is even possible that a military campaign with the main forces is needed. To prepare for this, the Church forces need to be able to take the main responsibility for protecting the town. According to the Articles of 1466, Church enjoys high autonomy in military forces, but they are still a part of Royal CryptoArmy commanded by our Royal Majesty as General. We command:

- Church organisation with all the characters having manager/vicar or higher position needs to be listed and published.
- Order of succession needs to be made clear in case of death/absence.
- Seals must be distributed to those who are authorized to speak for the church (authenticated members tell which accounts are authorized).
- Church "Order-of-Battle" (arrangement of forces to companies and their commanders) must be listed in /Army tab.

We are happy that the Church is up-to-date with the current preparation levels. A token gift of 100 CKG towards the costs of these preparations is sent from the Royal Treasury in NF1500Y Most Ancient gold coins.

The deadline for the report is March 18. (tomorrow 20:00 UTC).

CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:14:21 AM

Your Majesty,

The Church acknowledges that preparations have been slow.
Unfortunately, as you so well know, the absence of His Grace the Bishop left the Church without his spiritual guidance, and Lord Callixtus answered the Almighty's call recently.

I will pray for Lord Callixtus' wisdom to guide me, and endeavour to inventory the Church's armed forces and report to your Majesty as soon as practicable.

The Church's templars are always at your Majesty's service, for the greater glory of God.
noms

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:38:40 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 11:52:00 AM by noms

1623 dawns

Cooper, Lord of Kunda
Red Erin, Lady of Pada

The manor lords are appointed (above) for a 2-year term. Please transfer the remainder of the gifts promised, as well as the rental amount, to account "1". This is a historical day.

Cooper is VERY excited that he was chosen and would like to thank HM The King profusely for the opportunity. At his first available moment, he walked to the castle to drop off his 10,000,000 m (leaving him 235k!) at the treasury and 10 x CS1617E as his gift to the king.

He started thinking of all the plans that he had in store for this Estate...the possibilities were endless! The title has a nice ring to it. Cooper, Lord of Kunda!

Monero.
Red Erin

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:12:43 PM

Wow, the long shot was aimed true!

I've sent the money and meat - some was sold overnight, so you get part money/part meat. I think I lost 5000m somewhere in the calculation, so I'll send that remaining little change as soon as my S-VE1 gives me something I can sell - 5 VEG should do it Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:17:48 PM

Your Majesty,

The Church acknowledges that preparations have been slow.
Unfortunately, as you so well know, the absence of His Grace the Bishop left the Church without his spiritual guidance, and Lord Callixtus answered the Almighty's call recently.

I will pray for Lord Callixtus' wisdom to guide me, and endeavour to inventory the Church's armed forces and report to your Majesty as soon as practicable.

The Church's templars are always at your Majesty's service, for the greater glory of God.

My servant,

It enlightens us that the reply was so prompt and we are apologetic for the harsh tone of the initial letter. Given that there has been no contact from HG the Bishop, and the second-in-command Lord Callixtus passed away, we judge it fit to do as follows:

- We will promote you L5 Expert, and the same day Knight you in the AOD and promote you to the highest Officer level possible;
- A special oath of allegiance is required as is the custom with Knights and the Officers;
- We will promptly send a high-level military attaché to the Church Military haw to inspect all the troops and preparations.

We will organise the troops during the spring months and find positions for them in the town and the surrounding areas, so that the deployment corresponds to the larger plans of having the main Royal forces ready to be sent wherever they are needed.

We trust that this letter is responded to promptly. (however please do not do it after GM has sent a futher message with some clarification)

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:19:35 PM

Wow, the long shot was aimed true!

I've sent the money and meat - some was sold overnight, so you get part money/part meat. I think I lost 5000m somewhere in the calculation, so I'll send that remaining little change as soon as my S-VE1 gives me something I can sell - 5 VEG should do it Smiley

Congratulations. Number of applications corresponded to number of awards Smiley

Let us see what is the situation with the manors in 2 years. Do not make further preparations until the Royal survey of the location of manors etc is posted, hopefully during the month.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:41:10 PM

1623 dawns

Lord James Daniel of Aaspere
Sir Crichton, Earl of Plath, Lord of Essu, etc
Lord Angus of Haljala
Cooper, Lord of Kunda
Red Erin, Lady of Pada

The manor lords are appointed (above) for a 2-year term.

Lord Angus rejoices that His Majesty has looked upon His servant with such favor. May Our Gracious Lord continue to guide your benevolent hand with Strength and Wisdom in these dire times.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:38:05 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:19:47 PM by rpietila

The Royal Survey of The Very Ancient Duchy

TVA Duchy ("OldDuchy") is the area where most of the game activities have historically been located. It existed in 1366 when HM The King was born, so its peerage is very old and may be titled "very ancient" (only pre-1400 things may do this).

When going directly to the north from the Old Town, there is some unhealthy and impassable land, even our B.4 belongs to this. To get to the north, it is advisable to make a detour around this, either way is possible. No road connection exists to the Manor of Kunda. The Manor is a familiar tavern for those wishing to travel northward, but other possible routes can be used as well, depending what the exact destination is. The area is forested and rugged especially to the north of Kunda.

When going to the east, as already mentioned, the road goes in a reasonably plain terrain to the Manor of Aaspere and in a much inferior condition towards the Rossiyan outpost. From there it is possible for well-intentioned civilians to go all the way to Moscow, although the road network in Rossiya is in a notorious shape. To the north of Aaspere, forest soon takes hold, but to the south, plains and agricultural lands continue, and a trail in a reasonable condition leads to the Manor of Pada. This is not the shortest route to reach Pada, however, but the only one traversible by cart or carriage. Light footmen who know the ground can take a shortcut directly to CryptoTown and save time.

The major road out of CryptoTown goes to the rough direction of south-southwest. The exit from the town has originally been the South Barbican (the old town is walled, you cannot just exit wherever you wish). Since the San Pietro was opened, it had become the first sighting of the travellers, but King has the plans to make the "Grand Entrance" go past the planned Château of Versailles in the same borough. For this reason, the roadworks start only a few miles away from town, and from there, a recently constructed road leads almost to the Manor of Essu, and is being continued with the annual PRE stone spends. The terrain in this way is easy to traverse so merchants can use multiple ways, with the new one of course taking priority for those having wheels.

The historical "Road to France" goes to the west through hilly and forested terrain. It is a track at most, yet has in the ancient times been capable to function as the preferred connection for the merchants of wines and such semi-heavy goods. New Liberty expedition took this road but was prevented from reaching the coast because of the Swedish garrison. It is believed a port, or even a town exists in the end of this road, which would make it plausible for merchants to take this route as most of the distance could be travelled by ship. The Manor of Haljala is located not far from CryptoTown and not exactly on the road either.

Further to the south, from Essu onwards, the terrain is more hospitable than the colder climate in the Old Duchy. Saddam's headquarters in Ramsey is currently located in a place somewhat on the north side of the lands claimed. Here his potent forces can monitor all legitimate traffic towards the capital. Surpassing them is easy of course due to the vastness of land - explaining the reason for avoiding the roads (if caught) is more difficult...

The trails actually start to become better in the southern edge of Ramsey ("south" is defined mostly as "towards Plath" not as actual south). The travel time from "Saddam HQ" to "roads again" is about equal to the time from CryptoTown to "Saddam HQ". From Plath there is not yet exact info but this lies somewhat further away from where the roads start.

Instructions to the Lords of the Historical Manors of OldDuchy

Congratulations for the appointment. As you know, the excessive haste of appointing you was because our Majesty is pressed on higher-level affairs. Use it to your advantage, and while doing so - remember the performance is evaluated after 2 years with the prudent continuing in the position!

The S-ME and S-VE2 production shares will be given to you latest when they will be needed. Vegetables are dividended in July-November in several batches. Meat comes in December in one batch. The preparations needed for a Manor are much in your own hands. We cannot give further guidance on the matter because of haste. Please contact the Councillors if unsure how HM typically wants his lands to be managed.

GM conventions on Time, Delays, Quests, Secret Messages and Such

The time conversion is as follows:
1. Today, 2016-1-18 is the January 1623;
2. The basic unit of time is the year (week of outside time), the year changes at the midnight following Sunday (UTC);
3. The year is divided to 7 months (days outside), each month is divided to 24 days (hours outside) and 6 days may be called a week.

The time is administered as a reasonable basis. Many things happen on an annual administration so that it basically does not matter when you acquire NPC for instance - their salary and production script is run every December anyway.

When the question is about transport times between the places in the "core empire" (areas listed in the beginning in this post, with the characteristics that CK military and administration reign supreme), time is calculated real-time from the thread post or PM to the GM. When sending supplies to the "colonies" (places outside our unquestioned military supremacy ie. every place except OldDuchy and Ramsey), the supplies are considered arrived after the GM-administered travel time, which might be years in case of places further away.

If there is an "encounter", an important storytelling event, whose result is changing the fortunes, and dependent on how the key players play the game, the GM calls the players to "play the event" with a tight deadline. The playing happens in the IRC channel usually. If one of the players is not reachable, the GM plays his role according to pre-knowledge of his likely objectives. Unless an encounter is secret, there will be a report in this thread, and hopefully soon in another dedicated media.

The GM is already giving Quests to characters. These involve participation in or even steering the historical events transpiring around us. Typically these are secret, so that it does not help the character in question to disclose the quest to the public, but rather try to navigate the events towards his desired outcome in the curtains. The Quest Medal is awarded (and the quest made public) when it is completed. Most quests have a deadline as well.

When Secret Messages are sent between the PC, it can be done whatever way without any administered delay. When Secret Messages are sent to Foreign Powers or their envoys (or similars), the Church message above shows how to disclose it. GM will take care about what happens to the messenger. Note: only important messages changing the fortunes of a Duchy or Kingdom, need to be disclosed like this. Trivial messages can travel their way according to the delays published.

noms

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:21:00 PM

The "Road" to Kunda

Lord Cooper of Kunda was musing about what to do regarding his new order, managing the Manor of Kunda, while sitting in the Gilded Goose one afternoon in January. He had just been notified which one he had been assigned. According to the announcement, the Manor of Kunda has no road connection, yet it is a familiar tavern for travellers.

This was puzzling to the Lord, as he had never been up to borough 4 other than to purchase a small house in the center of town.  It was fortuitious that his Manor was very close to his new residence-this would serve as a very good base of operations. He decided that it was in his best interest to immediately set off to Kunda to view it in person and get the "lay of the land", even if it was impassable.

As he did not yet have a horse, he thought about purchasing one. However, upon looking to purchase one, he was shy of the amount necessary to get even a Level 1 Horse. He ordered his Sergeant and 6 Privates to accompany him to his new manor to visit it for the first time.

He had two of the Privates carry his DIS (equipment for making mead) so that he may drink mead while exploring the new land at his Manor. He also brought along 32 bottles of beer, 37 bottles of W1620, and 4 bottles of W1621B, in addition to some Meat and Vegetables for the road. It was his opinion that he needn't get there quickly as long as he had good food and drink along the way. There were also 3 raffle tickets left in his posession. He tucked all three into his jacket for safe keeping.

His plan upon reaching the Manor was two-fold.

1) He wanted to come up with some strict orders that could be followed many times a month by a certain Alfred G. Orithm, to ensure that the markets for meat and vegetables were as fluid as possible.

2) Survey the land to see what was possible with the Manor and the surrounding land.

With these two items in mind, he set off to Kunda.

Monero.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:12:04 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 09:23:56 PM by djjacket

Geography

There is no appreciable cartography talent in the Kingdom, so very rough explanations will need to suffice until situation improves. (This takes into account the info received in the latter part of this post.)

The following counties are to the North of CryptoTown:
North Face, believed to be the furthest north
Tavastia
Petrichor
Stonehaven.
Apart from the initial detachment sent back from the Duke's troops, no information from the far north has been obtained.

North Face

The well-equipped force of the Duke of North Face has met no resistance from the locals - if there even were any! The locals live a nomadic life drinking vodka (if they can get it) and only gather together to slaughter their animals. No foie gras is produced here, and very few VEG. "If only this god-forsaken place was closer, that meat would be of value!" The locals pay no attention to the preparations, and are apt to trade and cheat in the trading, but don't produce anything. Silver and copper have been sighted but none of the strange coins.

The only question is, what in the world are we doing here? Does it make sense to build a town here? Some rivers are flowing to the south but because of the orders received, the colony has been kept in a hedgehog formation without venturing outside. The locals tell that far in the north is a snowy mountain range that few can cross, far far in the north is an open sea, then a sea that is frozen all-year round, then it becomes warm again, and Ultima Thule is in the far north. The VOD and MUS enjoyed by the reciter of the tale may have contributed. Still, the question is whether to stand against Nature and go further north, or to south, or to home...

After a longish time of questioning around, trying to get the whereabouts of Louhi, the same envoy appeared. Discussion was, if possible, even shorter than last time: "I am watching you, like I have watched all the previous ones. I will contact you, if I want. In the way I want."

Social policies have become possible because of the PRE accumulated.

The reports back from the far North reached the offices of the Duke and he was pleased to see the preparations continue at a nice pace although it is concerning that there is lack of resources discovered.  The Duke has assembled quite a force to prepare the area and discover resources (and is paying a handsome annual sum), but the distance and time has made organization of the operation very difficult.  Preparations will continue with the use of SCI and stone to establish an area where the nomadic can trade.

More horses and a Carriage are being dispatched to the region to allow for better scouting and longer distance trips by the SPEcialists employed.  The Duke's son Troy is traveling to the region to scout resources and people.  Troy's mission is to discover the sources of copper, silver, stone, and other unique resources in the area and he will command the NF troops to help.  In addition, another group of Specialists, Workers, and soldiers will be sent out to the river regions in an attempt to discover other producing population areas or bodies of water for trade routes.

No broad taxation policies are to be implemented at this stage in the counties operation.

Trading posts will be established for fair/safe trading administered by the Duke's forces.  These outposts will take a 10% fee of the trade for providing the safe trading posts to the local people.

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: