Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286844 times)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2020, 08:01:11 PM

Happy bday gap!

Indeed. Big changes are afoot! Cheesy

Dear fellow Gapcoin enthusiasts, it turnes out that Gapcoin project, despite its design limitations, is still capable of setting the highest merit record!

gapcoin-cli verifymessage GJtsALGXvATz8DEakokLDQRa9dF49AFt7F Hwgf2IaiuFScMw9754ygul3WtAwst7y4+SJK47L64XoNaVzthMmc+6uIKLPQqsNNgN105wzfSVoIFf0p0PrW3T4= "Andrey Balyakin dedicates this prime gap of merit 41.938784, which he found on October 2nd, 2017, to Gapcoin's 3rd anniversary."

gapcoin-cli verifymessage GQv89XPznFS3fFi4J3LwQSRs5sy21EoPQJ IOwRTQ4ne1cbz9i37HpEAOTcWJKQqK+eC7hwELEV0DMt8gNf5FyDUBpawivzASuzVETARr7F3Zg11AUw5ewmQ0E= "Andrey Balyakin dedicates this prime gap of merit 36.929239, which he found on October 19th, 2017, to Gapcoin's 3rd anniversary."

Wink

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miner_brown

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:37:42 AM

Happy bday gap!

Indeed. Big changes are afoot! Cheesy

Dear fellow Gapcoin enthusiasts, it turnes out that Gapcoin project, despite its design limitations, is still capable of setting the highest merit record!

gapcoin-cli verifymessage GJtsALGXvATz8DEakokLDQRa9dF49AFt7F Hwgf2IaiuFScMw9754ygul3WtAwst7y4+SJK47L64XoNaVzthMmc+6uIKLPQqsNNgN105wzfSVoIFf0p0PrW3T4= "Andrey Balyakin dedicates this prime gap of merit 41.938784, which he found on October 2nd, 2017, to Gapcoin's 3rd anniversary."

gapcoin-cli verifymessage GQv89XPznFS3fFi4J3LwQSRs5sy21EoPQJ IOwRTQ4ne1cbz9i37HpEAOTcWJKQqK+eC7hwELEV0DMt8gNf5FyDUBpawivzASuzVETARr7F3Zg11AUw5ewmQ0E= "Andrey Balyakin dedicates this prime gap of merit 36.929239, which he found on October 19th, 2017, to Gapcoin's 3rd anniversary."

Wink

I am new to the forum and came to this project, could you give me more information about whether it is still possible to mine or the project is already dead. I downloaded the wallet waiting for advanced / mining to come and it tells me that the last block was created 6 years ago I do not understand why the web has remained from 2014 to 2020. Some summary information about what is happening with the project.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 11:17:11 AM
Merited by xandry (2)

I am new to the forum and came to this project, could you give me more information about whether it is still possible to mine or the project is already dead. I downloaded the wallet waiting for advanced / mining to come and it tells me that the last block was created 6 years ago I do not understand why the web has remained from 2014 to 2020. Some summary information about what is happening with the project.
Welcome to the group.

Yes it is still possible to mine (see the chainz block explorer on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gap/).

From your description of the client's behaviour it sounds like it's not finding any currently-connected nodes on the network, i.e. it's failing to sync. This can happen with elderly binaries in which the original hard-coded initial connection nodes (called "syncnodes") have long since gone away. In order to enable your client to sync to the network, you need to add the following list of node IP addresses to the Gapcoin config file, any of which should enable the client to start syncing:

Code:
addnode=37.139.15.251
addnode=138.68.172.174
addnode=139.59.57.170
addnode=139.59.57.170
addnode=144.76.118.44
addnode=193.233.60.184
addnode=199.247.26.15

Alternatively, if you are uncertain about how to change the config file, you can use the "Debug Window" menu selection to bring up a dialog box, select the "Console" tab to get a console in which to  enter the command: addnode 37.139.15.251 add followed by addnode 37.139.15.251 onetry. If your client doesn't report that it is connecting to the network, try another IP address from the list (if necessary, repeat until successful. If ultimately unsuccessful, report back here).

All the above nodes are Gapcoin nodes configured to accept incoming sync connections (the chainz list of connections includes nodes which aren't serving/listening and while those nodes do support the network, new clients can only sync from nodes configured with listen=1, described in the command-line help as "Accept connections from outside"). The reason there are so few clients that accept incoming connections is that for most home setups behind a router, enabling connections from the outside will only actually work if the router connects the client internally via UPNP).

Finally, if you prefer not to wait the several hours that it will take the client to sync, you can download a zipped current snapshot of the indexed Gapcoin blockchain (4.2Gb in size) which I have made available, to be unzipped in the Gapcoin data directory. When starting the client, it should then take just a few moments to sync up completely.

Cheers,
Graham
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 11:20:01 AM
Merited by xandry (1)

Thanks (again) Graham ^

...snip...

@miner_brown

If your using MS Windows you might try following this guide to sync. the Gapcoin blockchain and then start mining GAP ...

- https://gapcoin.club/windows-gui-setup.php

TBH Gapcoin has been in a state of flux for a good number of years now and we hope to combine community efforts more fully in the near future to give this project the recognition it deserves.

An upgraded wallet for Windows will be part of that. However, the existing release remains functional for now.

Cheers!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 11:38:11 AM

I assert that John Allen Frey was the original developer of Gapcoin

Your assertion may has been proven wrong since j0nn9 (Jonny Frey) has been active on bitcointalk on March 23, 2018! Also he (or his script) has updated http://gapcoin.org/primegaps-length.php on September 10, 2019!

At this 5th year milestone, I would like to thank Jonny and all the supporters of the GapCoin project. New record prime gaps await us ahead!

@PrimeObsession - perhaps you can shed some more light on this?

I agree it is most certainly an anomaly. However, even the original PoWCore seems to point to John Allen Frey being involved here ...

...snip...

But when I looked at the actual difference, it was offering to update the reference from:
Code:
ID       : ca5e863b1ff6c0a9655fadb951f1d9653ba24ef1

Author   : Jonny Frey <j0nn9.fr39@gmail.com>
           07/01/2015 22:43

...snip...

We are of course assuming that some unknown others took the project reigns for sometime ...

perhaps Dr Thomas Nicely or someone else close to Frey ... ?

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg53120640#msg53120640

It remains a mystery as to who, briefly, updated the gapcoin.org records, who is continually paying for the domain name and hosting (if it isn't long-term paid for on auto renewal!?) and exactly which genius(es) actually contributed and conceived building and launching Gapcoin / PoWCore.

Several requests have been made in this thread and elsewhere for the original developers (or anyone associated with them) to come forward, yet to-date, no one has come forward and/or contested my/our (community) assertions.

Kind Regards,

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 05:29:56 PM

I was interested in this project, I read this thread and admire the people who support this non-commercial coin.
I would also like to make my own contribution.
I have a question - I downloaded a wallet for Windows, version 0.9.2.0-unk-beta
I read the thread found a description branch v0.9.4-gap
I loved this advanced wallet. but there is no compiled version.
Why is that?
Not everyone has the ability to independently compile for Windows.

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 07:49:31 PM

Why is that?

Methinks this coin features a very high percentage of Linux folks.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 10:20:43 PM
Merited by cryptomaxsun (1), BitcoinFX (1)

I was interested in this project, I read this thread and admire the people who support this non-commercial coin.
I would also like to make my own contribution.
On behalf of the members of this group, welcome.

I have a question - I downloaded a wallet for Windows, version 0.9.2.0-unk-beta
I read the thread found a description branch v0.9.4-gap
I loved this advanced wallet. but there is no compiled version.
Why is that?
Since the advent of VMs and Windows Subsystem for Linux, they certainly do but most Windows users seem to have become habituated to the convenience of leaving it to someone else to provide cross-compiled binaries.

The existing Windows binaries were (probably) cross-compiled from (what is now) the legacy codebase (0.9.2 - https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin/releases) back in 2015 when the code was contemporary with OSes of the time. Unfortunately, despite considerable effort, I haven't been able to successfully cross-compile a Windows binary from the "updated" 0.9.4 version - note that the term is slightly misleading, it's hardly updated, just adjusted to cater for backwards-incompatible changes in the newer boost libraries that are compatible with contemporary Linux versions - just in order to get it to compile. The 0.9.4 additions are merely cosmetic, the underlying engine remains unchanged. Back in 2015, the "build-msw" documentation (https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin/blob/v0.9.2-gap/doc/build-msw.md) only dealt with building the headless daemon (i.e. the non-GUI version) and so altcoin devs were left to their own devices as regards Windows GUI binaries.

I tried back-porting the "depends" cross-compilation solution that was introduced in a later version of Bitcoin (0.10, I think it was)  but the solution is tailored to specific versions of the support packages and in particular the specific Qt packages referenced are simply no longer available so I was obliged to work with contemporary versions of the packages as available in Bitcoin Core 0.18.

The above-refefenced work has been done in a separate branch (https://github.com/gapcoin-project/gapcoin/tree/v0.9.4-gap-mingw/depends) It sort of works - the headless daemon builds but I haven't been able to successfully use it to cross-compile the Windows GUI version. In principle, the depends solution is relatively easy to use, in the depends directory, type make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32 -j4 to create the cross-compiled packages and then, in the top-level folder ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 will cross-compile the coin and link against the cross-compiled packages. Qt is persistently cranky, though.

As an alternative approach, Windows users could d/l the QtCreator package and try use that as a platform for compiling natively on Windows (after first compiling the boost, gmp, mpfr, ssl, miniupnpc, qrencode, zlib, zmq, etc dependencies) but aiui, it's something of a nightmarish process.

As regards regards the platform preferences of the group, I'll leave you to draw your own inferences from the fact that the chainz explorer reports:

Client Versionnumberpercenttotal
Satoshi:0.9.21684.2 %84.2 %
Satinki:0.16.315.3 %89.5 %
Satoshi Gapcoin Clan:0.9.315.3 %94.7 %
Satoshi:0.9.415.3 %100.0 %

(The 0.16.3 version is mine and is undergoing trials).

Cheers

Graham
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 06:07:29 AM

gjhiggins Thanks for the detailed answer!
As I understand it, you are the only person who has continued to develop the gapcoin.
I could find a person who could compile the gui-wallet 0.9.4 for Windows, but there is a question of trust, you need a trusted person so that there are no unpleasant surprises.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 06:29:04 AM

As I understand it, you are the only person who has continued to develop the gapcoin.
I could find a person who could compile the gui-wallet 0.9.4 for Windows, but there is a question of trust, you need a trusted person so that there are no unpleasant surprises.

Open source

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 09:41:43 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2020, 09:51:54 AM by gjhiggins
Merited by BitcoinFX (1), DaCryptoRaccoon (1)

At the moment, I do seem to be the only one interested in curating the codebase for this altcoin but it's open source and so that could change at any point.

In the context of a cryptocurrency, that holds true for compiled binaries from any source. Bitcoin has evolved a "gitian build" process which produces binaries with reproducible hashes that can be cross-checked against a recognised value (see this write-up for a narrative description of the approach). That'd be the best bet for commissioning the creation of a compiled binary.

Cheers

Graham

(Oh, and the contemporary Bitcoin repos has a suggestively-titled directory build_msvc directory ... https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/master/build_msvc but I suspect that's not of immediate use on a vintage 0.9.x codebase).

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 03:15:20 PM

In the context of a cryptocurrency, that holds true for compiled binaries from any source. Bitcoin has evolved a "gitian build" process which produces binaries with reproducible hashes that can be cross-checked against a recognised value (see this write-up for a narrative description of the approach). That'd be the best bet for commissioning the creation of a compiled binary.

Cheers

Graham

(Oh, and the contemporary Bitcoin repos has a suggestively-titled directory build_msvc directory ... https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/master/build_msvc but I suspect that's not of immediate use on a vintage 0.9.x codebase).

Does this mean that I can find a programmer who will compile the source files for windows using gitian-building?
Will it be safe?
If yes, then I can find such a person through this forum.

And yet, there is such a block explorer service https://openchains.info/
Give them access to the daemon coins and they run for free  block explorer
I can on VPS run the Gapcoin daemon.
But this service has a drawback - you cannot view the balance and other data at the address.
Do need it?

DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1197
Merit: 580

OGRaccoon

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 03:33:21 PM

Cheers

Graham

Does this mean that I can find a programmer who will compile the source files for windows using gitian-building?
Will it be safe?
If yes, then I can find such a person through this forum.

And yet, there is such a block explorer service https://openchains.info/
Give them access to the daemon coins and they run for free  block explorer
I can on VPS run the Gapcoin daemon.
But this service has a drawback - you cannot view the balance and other data at the address.
Do need it?

Give me a few hours I will post a full gitian build process guide for the above  Wink

Raccoon Stuff
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 01:10:23 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2020, 03:39:07 PM by BitcoinFX
Merited by xandry (2)

New dedicated seed / P2P nodes by gapcoin.club ...

Tokyo, Japan

addnode seed-jp.gapcoin.club:31469 add

addnode 198.13.47.147:31469 add

IPv6: [2401:c080:1000:466c:5400:03ff:fe0b:00de]:31469

Toronto, Canada

addnode seed-ca.gapcoin.club:31469 add

addnode 149.248.62.153:31469 add

IPv6: [2001:19f0:b001:105:5400:03ff:fe0b:0156]:31469

USA (New 2nd block explorer TBA) ...

N.B. Hosting for https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gap/ currently 'expires' on 2020-11-11 and will be renewed, if no one else contributes first!

Both gapcoin.club and gapcoin.network will be migrating to new servers and infrastructure before July 15th, 2021.

Existing Tor v2 .onion addnode's for Gapcoin will also be terminated before July 15th, 2021 and will (hopefully) be replaced by v3 .onion addnode's before this date, dependent on updates to the Gapcoin codebase ... see:

- https://blog.torproject.org/v2-deprecation-timeline

- https://gapcoin.club/downloads/gapcoin.conf.tor.txt

- https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19954

gapcoin.club operates Tor Relays and well established Bridges on some of our nodes and we will be seeking funding to continue with this side of the project, plus giving bandwidth back to the Tor network ... see:

- https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/gapcoin

N.B. That the following Tor addnodes will remain 'live' until July 15th, 2021.

gapxnu2mgche3y7v.onion:31469
gap5eiwtcw35ympv.onion:31469

Cheers!

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2020, 06:13:22 AM

There are more questions about wallet and solo mining.
The wallet opens for a very long time, Windows 7, you need to wait a day for the wallet to start, I'm not talking about the long synchronization, the blockchain bootstrap does not ease the situation, the wallet indexes and opens blocks for a very long time.
On the VPS with ubuntu 16.04, I waited almost a week for full synchronization.
This miner GapMiner rev5.1 CRT Creation

No processor load. Why?
Here is another miner, and I understand that they cannot mine on the pool, only solo.

There are 2 cores, Vishera 4.2 GHz.
I started mining on 4 cores, nothing was mined in three days.
How long does it take at this hashrate to get a block?

wizz13150

Activity: 67
Merit: 26

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 02:42:40 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2020, 04:17:22 PM by wizz13150

Yoh, i can't answer in a technical way.
But as I know, CRT will be used to mine higher Shifts and for 'huge' cpu/gpu power (~1,5M+ pps).
I don't use CRT miner... I'm waiting for a gpu developer to fall from the sky to try higher ranges.

Did you add known nodes ?!
--extra-verbose doesn't give you additionnal infos on the init failure ?

Wallet launch (~1 minutes) is op for me.
Usually with a 500k pps cpu, i'll find several blocks a day. Eventually 1-5blocks/3hours.

Found share at 22.4628 merit is a valid block after a few minutes.

Block from picture :
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gap/block.dws?1315757.htm

I leave the technical approach for others ! Sry
And someone to invite you on Discord.
They will probably need to know you miner's launch command, with options. If you mine at shift 1024 [...] with 200K pps, good luck.
Miners probably need a lot more optimizations (mathematicals/gpu dev) to maximise mining power.

To optimize your mining range with CRT miner:
cf.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg54565947#msg54565947
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg54575759#msg54575759

Wizz_^
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 01:52:29 PM

Reminder ...

I just opened a Gapcoin Discord (invite).

Above invite is still valid as of time of writing and I'll observe that Discord will be more convenient for getting support for working with the imminent testnet release of the 0.16.3 upgrade (unlike bct, discord creates notifications on my desktop and if I'm awake and at kbd, I'll respond).

Cheers

Graham.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 03:54:40 PM

Reminder ...

I just opened a Gapcoin Discord (invite).

Above invite is still valid as of time of writing and I'll observe that Discord will be more convenient for getting support for working with the imminent testnet release of the 0.16.3 upgrade (unlike bct, discord creates notifications on my desktop and if I'm awake and at kbd, I'll respond).

Cheers

Graham.

PM sent.

gapcoin.conf RPC TESTNET example ...

Code:
testnet=1
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
port=19661
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=19609
rpcuser=YOURgapcoinRPCchangethis
rpcpassword=YOURgapcoinRPCpasschangethis
addnode=testnet-seed.gapcoin.network:19661
addnode=testnet.gapcoin.network:19661

Standing by ...

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 07:27:01 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (2), xandry (1), BitcoinFX (1)

An easy way to start mining Gapcoin.

Go to https://gapcoin.network/downloads/. Download the wallet for your OS.
Download the miner, the current version of gapminer-cpu-gpu-rev5.1-windows, this is for Windows, for Linux - gapminer-cpu-gpu-rev5.1-linux.zip

Downloading a snapshot of the blockchain to speed up synchronization - https://gapcoin.network/downloads/Gapcoin_blockchain.zip
Create in the blockchain folder gapcoin.conf file:
Code:
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
port=31469
rpcport=31397
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=gapcoinrpcuser
rpcpassword=Gapc0inRPCpassw0rd
maxconnections=8
addnode=45.76.140.157
addnode=193.233.60.184
addnode=37.139.15.251
addnode=104.236.168.125
addnode=138.68.172.174
addnode=139.59.57.170
addnode=139.59.103.137
addnode=138.197.159.202

We launch the wallet, wait for the end of synchronization.
Mining is possible on the pool and solo.

Pool https://gap.suprnova.cc
We register, go to My Account - My Workers, create a worker.
In the Edit Account section, add your wallet address for payments and a minimum payment threshold.

Bat file example:
Code:
gapminer-cpu.exe -o gap.suprnova.cc -p 2433 -u login.worker -x password worker -c -t 2

-t is the number of cores for mining.

Solo mining, you need a constantly running and synchronized wallet or daemon.
Bat file example:
Code:
gapminer-cpu.exe -o 127.0.0.1 -p 31397 -u your rpcuser -x rpcpassword -t 2

* -u your rpcuser -x rpcpassword is taken from gapcoin.conf file

Good luck!

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 11:33:42 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2020, 05:08:39 PM by gjhiggins
Merited by BitcoinFX (2), cryptomaxsun (1)

FWIW:

Alpha release of an implementation of the 0.16.3 reference client for the Gapcoin network: https://github.com/gjhiggins/gapcoin-core/releases/tag/v0.1rc-alpha, testnet-only while we test the robustness and reliability of the implementation. Linux, Windows64 and OSX binaries available. Client can be built from cloned github repos - https://github.com/gjhiggins/gapcoin-core.

Copy the provided gapcoin.conf into the data directory. (In order to have the mining page slider bar show the maximum threads available for your machine, comment out the genproclimit line or set a higher limit as desired).

For Windows users, if you want to use a separate data directory for the 0.16.3 client such as C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\GapcoinCore then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to the 0.16.3 client gapcoin-qt.exe and add -datadir=C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\GapcoinCore at the end, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Gapcoin\gapcoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\GapcoinCore.

Please be advised - if not configured with -testnet on the command line or testnet=1 in the config file, the 0.16.3 reference client will connect to the current mainnet and will act as a processing node but the more advanced/complex transactions created by the 0.16.3 client will not be recognized/process/broadcast by the current population on 0.9.4 clients and the originating 0.16.3 client will probably find itself on a singleton fork, necessitating zeroing of the data dir and subsequent resync (so don't try it).

Cheers

Graham

Early indications are that changing the txindex setting requires a clearout of the datadir and a resync.

Edit: I found that on Windows 10 at least, so when I created a testnet-specific shortcut, I needed to separate the arguments and surround them in double quotes (I'm using a Vagrant box VM, so I am user "Vagrant") and the entire content of the "Shortcut" field was:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Gapcoin\gapcoin-qt.exe" "-testnet" "-datadir=C:\Users\Vagrant\AppData\Roaming\Gapcoin"
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: