Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226885 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:46:05 PM

I gladly had not much funds in mintpal, i think around half a btc in total in coins for sale
I guess its gone forever but i will donate a small amount to catch this criminal

It might be a good idea to wait before donating though, to be sure if MintpalJustice is truly serious about this project and if they have a chance to get the funds back.

I am skeptical over this situation as a whole.  Seems like there is at least 10,000 people involved, and there is ONE place to donate towards a legal cause involving ONE person, and Alex Green.  Not trying to say it's not legit, but with this many people out money I don't see how these accounts are not involved in the legal proceedings...Moolahs twitter account that keeps promising that people have been paid out when 0 reports of anyone actually receiving the $.... The whole thing is a shady scenario and I don't buy any of it.  Could be wrong, and don't mean to deflame anyone who has work/time/money invested into the recovery process, but there seems to be 0 verification anything is happening on any side.  A whole bunch of finger pointing..... Transparency is just not there through any of this and I know this stuff takes time, but time is passing, and nothing is being released to the public to the people who lost $, so it looks to me like donations are going to recovery of funds back to Mintpal, which doesn't even ensure anyone else is to be repaid...

Any clarification out there for a skeptical like me?

the money is gone. it was spent on booze, drugs, travel, and hookers...lots and lots of hookers...

recovering money that has been spent on hookers is tough.

all he has to say is he was "hacked" from a few million dollars of coins  and if there is a reasonable doubt
he will not be convicted of any theft

until exchanges are insured  and people are held accountable i wont be using them

karpeles "lost" around 800,000 btc as well as shittonnes of cash and nothing much  is happening to him
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:52:06 AM

all he has to say is he was "hacked" from a few million dollars of coins  and if there is a reasonable doubt
he will not be convicted of any theft

Bottom line is that we all lost coin and we never gonna see them again, was is 0.1 or 101 BTC or any other coin.
I just hope that when this is all over person or persons responsible for this got there punishment.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:59:40 AM

it appears the mintpaljustice site is back up.
http://mintpaljustice.com/mintpaljustice/

Plot twist: mintpaljustice.com is also a scam.

Sorry but the stolen XMR were dumped on Poloniex weeks ago.  And the shitcoins like SYS weren't even worth stealing.

Look how much progress the Labcoin bagholders have made after a year (IE zero) and move on with your life.

Crypto is the Wild West.  You can't run crying to the Better Business Bureau when Black Bart takes your precious Ponzicoins.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:02:47 AM

Looks like not much progress happened, hopefully the court will do something soon.

has any court in the history of the world ever recovered crypto for 'victims?'

mintpal had a terms of service that said they were not responsible for losses.

Losses on investments, not theft.

all they have to do  is claim they were  "hacked" and that will probably be the end of it
loses are loses
seems like almost every week someone scams millions of dollars of btc and practically nothing ever comes of it
the law needs a long time to catch up with innovation .........most judges would have a clue what a bitcoin is

If they stole the money themselves or they were hacked, they would still have to pay back to their users all the same, right?

If I loan money to someone and he gets robbed he still has to pay back, right?

Intentional theft obviously means more jail time than losing the money because of incompetence, but it shouldn't effect whether they have to refund or not.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:05:38 AM

Thinking about it not sure if I reported in the thread
1 BTC lost there and a bunch of my altcoins sites been down for a while so yah...

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:30:00 AM

Looks like not much progress happened, hopefully the court will do something soon.

has any court in the history of the world ever recovered crypto for 'victims?'

mintpal had a terms of service that said they were not responsible for losses.

Losses on investments, not theft.

all they have to do  is claim they were  "hacked" and that will probably be the end of it
loses are loses
seems like almost every week someone scams millions of dollars of btc and practically nothing ever comes of it
the law needs a long time to catch up with innovation .........most judges would have a clue what a bitcoin is

If they stole the money themselves or they were hacked, they would still have to pay back to their users all the same, right?

If I loan money to someone and he gets robbed he still has to pay back, right?

Intentional theft obviously means more jail time than losing the money because of incompetence, but it shouldn't effect whether they have to refund or not.

if there was a hack i presume ryan doesnt have the 5 ,000+ btc to pay back etc and has no way to get them
so what can a judge really do to him apart from a token sentence for negligence ?

if there was a way for the judge to prove he still has them he could order them returned but thats almost  impossible

if my boss gave me a million dollars to bring to the bank and i get robbed on the way there by two guys with guns am i still  responsible ?

you cant get blood out of a stone no matter what so i think this is another gox style waste of time although id like to see him punished and everyone refunded
i think the chances of it are around zero
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:45:27 AM

if there was a hack i presume ryan doesnt have the 5 ,000+ btc to pay back etc and has no way to get them
so what can a judge really do to him apart from a token sentence for negligence ?

Still i would personally like to see him in jail for little time with 24 hour stream.
Maybe its me but this is really bad for all.
After this most users will double thing before done something serious on any market.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:32:59 PM

Still i would personally like to see him in jail for little time with 24 hour stream.
Maybe its me but this is really bad for all.
After this most users will double thing before done something serious on any market.

Putting him in jail would not give us back our money, but it would have the big benefit of being a deterant for future scammers.

Even the guys between Mt Gox and Neobee are still free, and it's difficult to rationalize how this can be possible.
tanoury

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

Is it worth reporting lost MintPal coins here?
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:49:14 PM

Is it worth reporting lost MintPal coins here?

Did you lose lots? If yes, I would recommend looking into your own suit.  Been following this thread since it was a baby, and nothing is getting accomplished anywhere.  Seems to be a corporate connundrum with little mention of any customers in any proceedings
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:24:01 AM

I read on the fundraising thread that they recovered the alt coins from the old database. Is there a way to get these redeemed ?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:00:29 PM

if my boss gave me a million dollars to bring to the bank and i get robbed on the way there by two guys with guns am i still  responsible ?

I'm just guessing because I don't really know but I would think you wouldn't be responsible because you work for and represent your company. But if your company bought the money transport service from a security company the security company (or their insurance company) would have to pay back your company the lost money.
Nomercy82

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:25:59 PM

I still find it funny that he claims everything was 'hacked' but then says "OH NOBODY WILL GET ANYTHING BACK BECAUSE I GOTTA GIVE IT TO SYSCOIN LOL".

What an idiot.
Fargo

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 07:01:30 PM

I read on the fundraising thread that they recovered the alt coins from the old database. Is there a way to get these redeemed ?
Same question ^ I had alot on there. even though it's worth 1/10th the btc now.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:54:56 AM

^.^

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hrbt
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:13:42 PM

don't be foolish and idiots

TRANSACT US BACK OUR ALT'S   we put already all adresses in your 'backup' new mintpal temporary script

now it's all offline

don't make me to sit on airplane and find you guys Shocked
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

That might be Moolah's plan; sell all the coins for fiat, wait until a big cryptocurrency crash, then pay back the full amount to everyone while having made a lot of money in the process Wink
Nomercy82

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:21:24 PM

don't be foolish and idiots

TRANSACT US BACK OUR ALT'S   we put already all adresses in your 'backup' new mintpal temporary script

now it's all offline

don't make me to sit on airplane and find you guys Shocked

You seem to be the foolish one.

The person controlling that 'mintpal' is NOT the same person who has some of the alt wallets.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:26:25 PM

Hey guys,

TeamFLT still need to reach out many Mintpal customers owning FLTs - We are still sending back 100% of your (FLT) coins - but you have to answers the emails we sent you first, and give us an address to send these coins.  There is still a huge bunch of fluttercoins to be sent back !  No worry, they are in security in honest hands - but we would like everyone to get their coins back on a reasonable time frame, so reach us.

As a side note, we still receive requests for others coins.  We do not control any other coin, we are sorry.

And as a final note - a bit of self-advertising here (disclamer!).  TeamFLt has been very active for several months, working on a daily basis to create a rock solid cryptocurrency, always putting our pride in being fully transparent and honest - and we are keeping the pace, and keeping our goals in sight.  There is actually traders and investors sniffing around, and we are pleased with that, but I would personally repeat my own ''mantra'' : the best way to be sure that a coin is leaded by honest persons is to be part of it.  This Mintpal scam affair is a real humain, financial and ideological drama, but it's never too late to focus on supporting good people, and there is a lot in crypto.  Each dollar we put in a project, a coin, an exchange, is important, as well as each minute we spend in cryptos : my believing is we must make it count.

I wish all of us good luck with our losses here, and hopefully we will avoid such a mess for our future.

Soltantgris,

TeamFLT
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:41:08 PM

I posted on one of these threads my losses which were trivial, about 200k flt and .2 btc.  Through teamflt I have my 200k flt back, but no luck on any btc, regardless of twitter posts saying he has refunded.  I put my refund request on day one, nothing.

For other coins, if you would like TeamFLT to intervene I know solt and me are willing to do so and try to help.  We were about 3million short in the wallet when it was matched up to mintpalv1 balances but we are on pace for 100% restore of v1 balances.  On v2 after numerous attempts for them to just send the ledger, nothing, so we dont know how that matches up and that is upsetting.  But do the best you can...

--o

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: