Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:21:01 PM

News about this situation ? Has someone receive his money?

Nobody receive anything.

That's very bad  Undecided. The people *must* learn to keep their own coins in their personal wallet and not in the various exchanges.

So, I transfer bitcoin to an exchange in order to buy/sell a coin, wait a day, then the exchange goes belly up, and it's my fault?Huh

Why do you have to wait a day ? Make this "trade" , withdraw your coins and enjoy them in your personal wallet (in your pc).

What if the price of the coin went up 20% from the time I sent bitcoin from my wallet, to the time that it was received in mintpal? Can I not wait a day to see how things shake out?

I'm not questioning your advice, I'm just saying shit happens. The mindset that people just let their coins sit in an exchange for months isn't always the case. A lot of people had their coins in their for a day or two, maybe less.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:04:19 AM

Nobody receive anything.

That's very bad  Undecided. The people *must* learn to keep their own coins in their personal wallet and not in the various exchanges.

So, I transfer bitcoin to an exchange in order to buy/sell a coin, wait a day, then the exchange goes belly up, and it's my fault?Huh

Why do you have to wait a day ? Make this "trade" , withdraw your coins and enjoy them in your personal wallet (in your pc).

What if the price of the coin went up 20% from the time I sent bitcoin from my wallet, to the time that it was received in mintpal? Can I not wait a day to see how things shake out?

I'm not questioning your advice, I'm just saying shit happens. The mindset that people just let their coins sit in an exchange for months isn't always the case. A lot of people had their coins in their for a day or two, maybe less.

and its gone....... Smiley

IF YOUR BTC IS NOT IN YOUR SOLE  CONTROL FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME YOU ARE RISKING TAKING THAT LOSS
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1411
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:07:54 PM

Yes, come on, blame the victims!
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:11:33 PM

Nobody receive anything.

IF YOUR BTC IS NOT IN YOUR SOLE  CONTROL FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME YOU ARE RISKING TAKING THAT LOSS

Of course, but accepting that fact does not oblige us to be serene about the theft of our money.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:45:23 PM

Nobody receive anything.

Of course, but accepting that fact does not oblige us to be serene about the theft of our money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:33:12 PM

Nobody receive anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg

Very appropriate link Wink
Shtcoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:21:41 PM

I was not able to withdraw 33,000 CLK before mintpal.com disappeared.

Lost cause?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:17:05 AM

Wow.. people still come here to complain about lost funds..

Is the guy in jail already ? or dead ?
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1411
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:57:55 PM

No news here.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:43:46 PM

death would be a good compensation for the loss
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:14:08 PM

Ferdous still controlls the v1 wallets. He told me via PM he was planning to setup a withdrawl page, but that was over a month ago.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:10:55 PM

Ferdous still controlls the v1 wallets. He told me via PM he was planning to setup a withdrawl page, but that was over a month ago.

Was Darkcoin in V1 wallets? I remember there was a time where people could withdraw Darkcoin's but they took it away pretty quick.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
ferdous

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:41:56 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 09:12:09 PM by ferdous

Hi there,

Sorry for lack of communication on my end.

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

I currently still have the XMR wallet. Every other altcoin wallets are empty, as they seemed to have "migrated" to V2, aka., Ryan emptied them out AFAIK.

The criminal investigation against Ryan and Chelsea has speeded up in the last few weeks, and I was advised to not process withdrawals at this stage, so I'm left holding this XMR bag that is not even mine! I don't feel comfortable holding onto coins that are not mine, and I am looking into setting up a withdrawal page as soon as I can.

I know that some of you have contacted Action Fraud UK and also reached out Selachii LLP to list yourselves as creditors against Moolah. You should be able to receive updates on the criminal investigation directly from Action Fraud UK under confidentiality agreement.

I'm working on rebuilding a high quality exchange and finding ways to reimburse users of MintPal. A lot of you have reached out and offered help. Thanks for your patience, trust and support.
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:25:10 PM

Hi there,

Sorry for lack of communication on my end.

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

I currently still have the XMR wallet. Every other altcoin wallets are empty, as they seemed to have "migrated" to V2, aka., Ryan emptied them out AFAIK.

The criminal investigation against Ryan and Chelsea has speeded up in the last few weeks, and I was advised to not process withdrawals at this stage, so I'm left holding this XMR bag that is not even mine! I don't feel comfortable holding onto coins that are not mine, and I am looking into setting up a withdrawal page as soon as I can.

lol.

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:50:39 PM

why don't you send the coins back to the holders?
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:07:53 PM

Left this thread a month ago, nothing has changed. Something still is shady, this isnt right.  I don't believe anyone is representing the people who lost their coins, perhaps the business that went under, but not the people who lost their coins.  How are people who lost their assets not involved in this situation, at all.  How are the user coins being held.  They are around, and there is access to them, why are the former holders not involved? Something is fishy, just as fishy as day 1, and nothing has changed. At this point i would actually have to be in the court room to believe anyone in this thread.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:22:13 PM

still hoping for my coins back sadly ;**( Roll Eyes

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ferdous

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:17:41 AM

Left this thread a month ago, nothing has changed. Something still is shady, this isnt right.  I don't believe anyone is representing the people who lost their coins, perhaps the business that went under, but not the people who lost their coins.  How are people who lost their assets not involved in this situation, at all.  How are the user coins being held.  They are around, and there is access to them, why are the former holders not involved? Something is fishy, just as fishy as day 1, and nothing has changed. At this point i would actually have to be in the court room to believe anyone in this thread.
Nothing has been publicly disclosed in the last month. If you call Action Fraud UK and file a complaint regarding your missing funds in the Moolah/MintPal fraud, they might be able to update you on the criminal investigation under confidentiality agreement. It won't cost you anything. It's only a phone call away: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Let's keep the discussions here on topic, and productive. Simply complaining, casting doubt or discouraging those who are spending a lot of time, money and energy to find a criminal in crypto space doesn't help our effort at all. I understand your frustration, and as you can imagine, I have lost a fortune in Moolah scam myself. For me, the biggest loss was the exchange itself, which has set back crypto in general.

We have two options:
1) We can duel in negativity and talk about how this entire situation is messy 
2) We can try to catch the thief, rebuild from here, move forward.

Option 2 is a far better choice IMO.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:37:01 AM

From the SYScoin team....

"We are permitted to disclose that both Ryan Kennedy and Chelsea Hopkins were arrested by UK authorities....
...We’ve produced evidence verified by a cryptographic expert; the story the blockchain tells is not one that aligns with the explanation provided (bug stole the bitcoin) for the loss of the coins by Moolah."
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:16:21 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 08:57:34 AM by degxtra1

Hi, thanks for your effort however I have to say that I didn't received any KARMA coins despite I put my address for withdrawal in "platfrom notes" as that was only option to insert address.
Would you advise me how to recover them if any chance?

Many thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: