Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:27:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226881 times)
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

From the SYScoin team....

"We are permitted to disclose that both Ryan Kennedy and Chelsea Hopkins were arrested by UK authorities....
...We’ve produced evidence verified by a cryptographic expert; the story the blockchain tells is not one that aligns with the explanation provided (bug stole the bitcoin) for the loss of the coins by Moolah."

great effort Smiley

is it the first time that persons are arrested due to cryptofraud?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:46:27 PM

"We are permitted to disclose that both Ryan Kennedy and Chelsea Hopkins were arrested by UK authorities....
...We’ve produced evidence verified by a cryptographic expert; the story the blockchain tells is not one that aligns with the explanation provided (bug stole the bitcoin) for the loss of the coins by Moolah."

Arrested or jut taken in for a questioning? Can you share actualy link ?
Sure hope it resolves the issue and atleast returns portion of what was stolen to clients.

cheers
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:47:07 PM

Arrested or jut taken in for a questioning? Can you share actualy link ?
Sure hope it resolves the issue and atleast returns portion of what was stolen to clients.

cheers

Under 'Legal'.....

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-update-focusing-on-blockmarket-and-platform/
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:27:49 PM

Well that's one step for justice, now the icing on the cake would be for users to be able to get their investments back
Or at least a partial recovery  that said not sure how long that's been on the legal page
Never checked it before

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:12:03 PM

Ferdous still controlls the v1 wallets. He told me via PM he was planning to setup a withdrawl page, but that was over a month ago.

Hi there,

Sorry for lack of communication on my end.

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

I currently still have the XMR wallet. Every other altcoin wallets are empty, as they seemed to have "migrated" to V2, aka., Ryan emptied them out AFAIK.

The criminal investigation against Ryan and Chelsea has speeded up in the last few weeks, and I was advised to not process withdrawals at this stage, so I'm left holding this XMR bag that is not even mine! I don't feel comfortable holding onto coins that are not mine, and I am looking into setting up a withdrawal page as soon as I can.

I know that some of you have contacted Action Fraud UK and also reached out Selachii LLP to list yourselves as creditors against Moolah. You should be able to receive updates on the criminal investigation directly from Action Fraud UK under confidentiality agreement.

I'm working on rebuilding a high quality exchange and finding ways to reimburse users of MintPal. A lot of you have reached out and offered help. Thanks for your patience, trust and support.

you are as guilty as ryan kennedy is if the btc is not returned

very convenient of you to sell the exchange to    A HACKER AND KNOWN THIEF  right before everyone lost their money

if ryan goes to court ,you should be in the doc#k beside him because IF  you didnt participate in the scam you most certaintly facilitated it

pretending to be the good guy now returning  a few wothless shitcoins was probably part of the plan all along ,eh ?
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:37:10 PM

Ferdous still controlls the v1 wallets. He told me via PM he was planning to setup a withdrawl page, but that was over a month ago.

Hi there,

Sorry for lack of communication on my end.

Of the wallets recovered from V1, we have processed withdrawal of TES, KARMA, FAIR, FLT with the help of the developer teams of these coins.

I currently still have the XMR wallet. Every other altcoin wallets are empty, as they seemed to have "migrated" to V2, aka., Ryan emptied them out AFAIK.

The criminal investigation against Ryan and Chelsea has speeded up in the last few weeks, and I was advised to not process withdrawals at this stage, so I'm left holding this XMR bag that is not even mine! I don't feel comfortable holding onto coins that are not mine, and I am looking into setting up a withdrawal page as soon as I can.

I know that some of you have contacted Action Fraud UK and also reached out Selachii LLP to list yourselves as creditors against Moolah. You should be able to receive updates on the criminal investigation directly from Action Fraud UK under confidentiality agreement.

I'm working on rebuilding a high quality exchange and finding ways to reimburse users of MintPal. A lot of you have reached out and offered help. Thanks for your patience, trust and support.

you are as guilty as ryan kennedy is if the btc is not returned

very convenient of you to sell the exchange to    A HACKER AND KNOWN THIEF  right before everyone lost their money

if ryan goes to court ,you should be in the doc#k beside him because IF  you didnt participate in the scam you most certaintly facilitated it

pretending to be the good guy now returning  a few wothless shitcoins was probably part of the plan all along ,eh ?

I hate to say it, but you are on to something. Not sure if you are 100% correct, but there is more to this story.   Fraud happens everyday, from my perspective, the complete absence of anyone who lost funds in this case seems to be extremely fishy.  Could be wrong, but for a court case that is settling the loss of funds, which were the funds of END users, not the funds of a business, it seems there should be a little more transparency.  Either this scam is actually a bigger picture like you stated, or the court case is to save the businesses funds and the consumers who lost their coins are getting left out of the picture. Don't want to point fingers but this seems like quite the sheltered case, and quite the select information that gets processed, something just doesn't add up.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:25:46 PM

http://coinfire.io/2015/02/23/ryan-kennedy-of-moolah-arrested/
ferdous

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:40:41 AM

Catching Ryan has been truly a community effort.

Blockafell has done an outstanding job at the early investigation, setting up this thread and organizing information.

Many of you have called Action Fraud UK, making sure this case gets traction.

Couple of users here testified and co-operated with the legal efforts.

When we started posting on localbitcoin forums, multiple users there came forward with information on Ryan.

Our blockchain analysis was verified and confirmed by many other crypto professionals.

Dan and his SYScoin team started an all-out civil case from Day 1.

CryptoCobain and many others helped with covering some of the legal costs.

I could go on and on...

But this truly is a victory for crypto in general.

This case is still far from over, and we will see how everything unfold in the coming months, but for the first time, it looks likely that crypto will see some much deserved justice, and I hope that this will act as deterrent to wannabe scammers.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:58:32 AM

There are some problems w/ that article.  Here's what i posted on the bitcoin subreddit thread about the claim that coinfire verified Syscoin's story:

How? Were the cops called?
EDIT 1 - Guys, I believe the story, but you didn't confirm. Its hearsay. Gotta stick to your typical standards. https://twitter.com/MrFelt_/status/569974121871777792
EDIT 2 - What kind of document? When did the arrests occur? Asserting authenticity or legitimacy of a document passed through several chains of custody, without talking about the chain of custody, does not authenticate said document or prove true the statement its supposed to support. Such standards are how scams persist, yo.
EDIT 3 - Brush up on your moolah history here: https://network23.org/dogecoin/moolah-resources/
EDIT 4 - I believe this to be Ryan's alt twitter account, last active 11hrs ago (a retweet) - the well known encyclopediadramatica article notes he uses his mother's name as an alias: https://twitter.com/amarose60/with_replies
EDIT 5 - I have sources who tell me Ryan's Skype account shows that he's online.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2wwdtn/alleged_mintpal_scammers_ryan_kennedy_chelsea/couupe5    
---------

Need a third party who is not vested in the case or in managing "perceptions" about what's going on (i.e., some people could want the public to think he's been arrested to create some breathing room for themselves). Have no clue, just prefer to have better evidence.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:50:30 AM

who is "brendan" with no surname who authored this false looking article ??

nobody in the uk gets remanded in custody for stealing bitcoins ,if he was arrested and jailed  it wasnt in the uk

who arrested them ?

where at ?

where were they transferred ?

they are not currently in the uk prison system

smoke and mirrors everybody ............
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:02:36 AM

who is "brendan" with no surname who authored this false looking article ??

nobody in the uk gets remanded in custody for stealing bitcoins ,if he was arrested and jailed  it wasnt in the uk

who arrested them ?

where at ?

where were they transferred ?

they are not currently in the uk prison system

smoke and mirrors everybody ............

All great questions, and CRIMINAL info, after an alleged arrest, is not the same as sensitive info about a civil case. The document should be public record and available for dissemination or at least discussable with some legitimate depth - we don't even know the title of the document, just that its a document (used toiler paper w/ a smiley face written on it is a document).  Ferd noted on Twitter that he was released on bail.  Kind of a big detail to leave out the Coinfire article considering they even interviewed they guy.  Either this reporting is way beneath Coinfire's typical standards or fishiness (Ryan did say say "Thanks for the Fish" upon shutting down Moolah and Mintpal (did that with is last alleged scam too)) Tongue
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:32:24 AM

FAIL

https://twitter.com/ferdousbhai/status/570075126525497346

This "news" is from back in December.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:10:34 AM

Coinfire said they saw a document confirming this is legit, is it really that hard to confirm ?
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:25:54 AM

Coinfire said they saw a document confirming this is legit, is it really that hard to confirm ?

Just wrote a little something about this: https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/24/coinfire-coinburned/
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:03:01 AM

Just wrote a little something about this: https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/24/coinfire-coinburned/

"This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources."

Know why ?
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:41:53 AM

So at best it's old news, and at worst it's a complete fabrication.

Plot twist: Ryan Kennedy isn't a real person. He's Ferdous' alter ego. You heard it here first.
Mr Felt

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:04:46 PM

Know why ?

no, works for me.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:09:23 PM

Know why ?

no, works for me.
I didn't say the page didn't load, it did, but you have these SSL issues..

And Firefox: "Some unencrypted elements on this website have been blocked"
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:44:09 PM

Hi, thanks for your effort however I have to say that I didn't received any KARMA coins despite I put my address for withdrawal in "platfrom notes" as that was only option to insert address.
Would you advise me how to recover them if any chance?

Many thanks

Hey man.

Ferdous is right in that context. He did help us recover the old mintpal wallet of KARMA. It is us who have been slacking to start this up.

You should be getting an email notification about the claim form to retrieve your coins soon. Until then you are welcome to keep an eye in the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0  or the new forum http://forum.givekarma.net/index.php

Again, it is us who have been slacking. Mostly because the people helping me with this have been busy in real life but this shouldn't be an excuse.

Cheers

Who
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:02:51 PM

Know why ?

no, works for me.
I didn't say the page didn't load, it did, but you have these SSL issues..

And Firefox: "Some unencrypted elements on this website have been blocked"

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: