Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226881 times)
Mraking

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:04:59 PM

Also i lost my 1.5 BTC
And empty balance on MintPal since 01.10.14

Just wait, mintpal say they are fixing the problem...
We can only hope and believe that all will be well
And they say that all fixing already 3 weeks
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

Also i lost my 1.5 BTC

Eh? WTF did you hear?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:18:40 PM

Also i lost my 1.5 BTC

We can only hope and believe that all will be well
And they say that all fixing already 3 weeks

huh?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:57:13 PM

i doubt we will see XMR and BTCs we had in MP

scammer runned away with them

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

CRYPT Balance = 73,178 CRYPT
Withdrawal Status = Daemon-returned-error

Unable to pull out the 73k crypt.  

cryptoknight84

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:25:12 PM

Help find the bastard:

https://twitter.com/TignizuShigris/status/524146573626707969

★☆★   CORONA.INFO   |   Dapp Development Network   |   Hybrid Proof of Participation (HPoP)    ★☆★
ninjaskip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

I do not get this. The guy is hiding and still processing withdrawals even today. Not btc though. Just drk and other coins. Is half of his brain honest and the other half a scammer? Why would you still pay coins to people? There must be a plan here. I think he will show up very soon crying he is a victim and someone stole all the bitcoins. What u guys think of my theory?

I think a few people from the old team at V1 Mintpal are trying to help out with withdraws ATM.
jinyi416

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:36:35 PM

4124726.00000000 MYR  2014/10/14  Withdrawal was canceled,But my coin did not return my account
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:48:28 PM

Hey guys, can anyone please answer one question. When i log in to what is left of mintpal, i dont have any REQUEST withdrawal link, all i have is that ridiculous text box and nothing else. Could it be its because i have only XMR and BTC outstanding ballance or what?
I see alot of you guys have links to withdrawal pages, i dont, whats wrong?

I was given both a withdrawal ID and message field and I only have XMR there. I am a bit mixed up on this in general, some people say they just got coins, is it JUST the BTC that Moolah got away with?
Is there hope for those of us with alts?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
tlcantin

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:21:48 PM

I read somewhere that some alt coins were lost on the migration to v2. My theory is that MYR was impacted by that. I do not believe Green is still withdrawing the coins for people... my thought is the old mintpal staff is the ones doing it. I lost quite a bit of MYR and while I am hoping I will be able to recover it, I don't have much confidence.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:24:49 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 03:51:28 PM by NutMasterTardd

I knew I should of withdrawn from MP when it started going downhill.. One of those times I should of listened to my gut, bye bye 1.5 BTC.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:27:43 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 01:27:06 PM by tombtc

6.24 BTC here, 900 drk. All missing balance after "error-failed withdrawal".
Anyway I don't think it's mintpal guys doing the withdrawals now. They would have said something right?
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:29:43 PM

6.24 BTC here. All missing balance after "error-failed withdrawal".
Anyway I don't think it's mintpal guys doing the withdrawals now. They would have said something right?

They tweeted saying only alex/ryan had access to the funds
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

6.24 BTC here. All missing balance after "error-failed withdrawal".

They tweeted saying only alex/ryan had access to the funds

Whats the contact info for the old owners / guys currently on twitter?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
ninjaskip

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:12:42 PM

FYI - be careful in talking about the Mintpal heist on the dogecoin subreddit.  I have had more than one account banned by the /r/dogecoin mods for asking why Alex Green/Ryan Gentle was allowed to keep pumping his business on the subreddit despite numerous people sounding the alarm on him.  Just today I had an account banned by the mods for asking a mod, who was explaining that it was reddit who banned Ben D (/u/NeutralityMentality) not the mods, whether the Mods reported Ben D to the Reddit Admins.  It is really bad over there right now. The shibes need help, honestly. One person nailed it the other day - Moolah should have been banned as soon as the mods received word that he was making illegal public offerings on the subreddit, not after the mods start playing judge and jury.  I tell you this so that you appreciate the importance of speaking freely on these types of issues.   

It makes sense, as i don't believe The Karpelles, green, now Cannabis coin etc.. etc.. is just one person behind the scam, i believe is well organize and is the same people all over and over again, they just change the front face from time to time.
TheStarbreaker

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

I knew I should of withdrawn from MP when it started going downhill.. One of those times I should of listened to my gut, bye bye 3.8 BTC.
Its shit
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10395

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:07:25 PM

FYI - be careful in talking about the Mintpal heist on the dogecoin subreddit.  I have had more than one account banned by the /r/dogecoin mods for asking why Alex Green/Ryan Gentle was allowed to keep pumping his business on the subreddit despite numerous people sounding the alarm on him.  Just today I had an account banned by the mods for asking a mod, who was explaining that it was reddit who banned Ben D (/u/NeutralityMentality) not the mods, whether the Mods reported Ben D to the Reddit Admins.  It is really bad over there right now. The shibes need help, honestly. One person nailed it the other day - Moolah should have been banned as soon as the mods received word that he was making illegal public offerings on the subreddit, not after the mods start playing judge and jury.  I tell you this so that you appreciate the importance of speaking freely on these types of issues.   

It makes sense, as i don't believe The Karpelles, green, now Cannabis coin etc.. etc.. is just one person behind the scam, i believe is well organize and is the same people all over and over again, they just change the front face from time to time.

Same people over and over again.. makes little to NO sense...   Even though it is possible that some of the same people may NOT be satisified with their earlier heist and attempting to continue to profit from scamming in BTC, that "same people" theory seem to be too simplified of a world view.. in my humble bumble opinion. 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ninjaskip

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:18:08 PM

Same people over and over again.. makes little to NO sense...   Even though it is possible that some of the same people may NOT be satisified with their earlier heist and attempting to continue to profit from scamming in BTC, that "same people" theory seem to be too simplified of a world view.. in my humble bumble opinion. 

Yeah that is true, might not be the same people over and over again but the scam repeats itself, hidden premine blocks and all that, and they always get away with it.
Latest example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.new#new
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:54:02 PM

Just got this from Bitstamp...

thank you for your email. Unfortunately, none of the addresses which you have specified belong to Bitstamp or its customers.

We are nevertheless looking into the matter and are vigilant on not letting the stolen bitcoins go through Bitstamp's wallets.

Should you have any additional qustions or info, please feel free to share

These are the addresses I sent:

https://blockchain.info/address/14S6kiHzVNcSCA9TCiPaEGJfSiP1HHokEd
https://blockchain.info/address/122JyMtGtiiP4mMFn86tAGfrqiyhXAnrrk

so who's addresses are they? Smiley

Hmmm, It's a weird one, 3 gigantic addresses are linked together and there's no real proof of exactly what they are. I can't believe it's not an exchange
the two listed above are active now, the older address that sent to both of them is below and ran from Jan-Jun
https://blockchain.info/address/1FVcMfHXPp8JSCduYyELzQZf6X4tSv89ho?offset=1050&filter=0

I'm amazed you can have 3 such huge and active addresses and no real proof of who they belong to by searching google.
Bobba, those 2 addresses i thought were Stamps, well the 183k one mainly, when Stamp do their proof of reserve the amount of btc i remember them having was 183k so thought it was theirs but obviously not

It might not be too important because it was only a small amount of btc sent there, the vast majority of the stolen coins are sitting in the addresses i listed, so i'll be keeping an eye on them.

I know most people hate coloured coins or blacklisted coins, but it would be great if Bitcoin had some way of marking those coins so everyone knows they are scam coins and basically made them impossible to cash out.

that address is refenced in a reddit post bout gox
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z5t21/would_this_be_of_any_help_if_we_collected_all_the/

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10395

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:00:02 PM

Yeah that is true, might not be the same people over and over again but the scam repeats itself, hidden premine blocks and all that, and they always get away with it.
Latest example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.new#new

While this crypto space is developing, seems a lot of ripe areas for scamming.. .and maybe justifies a need for research and maybe even to stick with the more established players, until players in the space can provide a longer track record that they can be trusted.  Does NOT seem to be any simple solution, except caution and maybe NOT putting too many resources into these various trust-based centralized spin-offs.... I know that it is easier said than done especially when many of us want to give support to the crypto-world and likely even to have some of our own profits from our crypto-space investments.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: