Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:35:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226882 times)
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:15:44 PM

Karma and XMR can be back soon.

Both haven't migrated from V1.  Contact Ferdous on twitter - he is very cooperative.  Helped me get FLT back.  Just ask your devs - leader - pompomgirl to contact him and discuss options.

If you are too shy, contact me I will introduce yourself. 
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:34:58 AM

Ferdous is the one seeking justice against Ryan. Ferdous was raped big time by Ryan that got him to invest in buying Mintpal. We know what happened then. So now he hired a lawyer firm (same as Syscoin's team) to attack Ryan and try to get back control of V2, and hopefully force the BTC back.

I chatted a bit with Ferdous. And as far as I know, he is probably the one who lost more in this affair, and he is pretty fair. There is not that much serious effort done to recover stolen money - and Ferdous case is a solid attempt, and I support it.

If we want to fight back, we have to fight the right target.  

Completely agree.  I understand that he had a lot invested and a shit ton on his hands at the present moment.  I do however, feel like there is a whole bunch of people who are not involved with that process due to headache, and fishyness of donating more money to a cause that little is known about.  I think the correct way to go about fundraising for Fedorous (he seems very popular, I have no idea his history/who he is) is to at minimum have a central place for the donations, and legal updates. This is fine, but messagesget lost.If he had weekly updates, a website, for this whole process, i bet more people come forward and more people are down to donate to the legal fund. I follow on twitter and stuff, and I want to see Alex go down, but nobody is getting my donations without a face, and not a picture, i am sure others feel the same way. Too much scamming, time for 100% accountability before my shit goes places now.

LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT: WHEN YOU INVEST OR AND OPEN UP A BUSINESS THERE IS ONE FIRST RULE: YOU ARE GAMBLING AND THINGS COULD GO WRONG.
NOW IT COMES THE SECOND RULE: YOU DO NOT ASK YOUR CLIENTS FOR MONEY TO RECOVER THE LOSS OF YOUR BUSINESS, REGARDLESS WHAT YOUR SITUATION WAS(NOT ENOUGH CLIENTS, WRONG LOCATION, GOT SCAMMED, ETC..)
FERDOUS INVESTED IN MINTPAL TO MAKE MONEY, AND IT WENT WRONG, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE SITUATION WAS.
AS MUCH AS I FEEL SORRY FOR THE MINTPAL SITUATION I THINK IS COMPLETELY OUT OF PLACE TO ASK US FOR MONEY FOR A LAWYER.

BUT HEY, EVERYONE IS FREE TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, IF YOU ALL FEEL LIKE IS RIGHT TO SEND BTC'S TO GET HIM A LAWYER THEN GO AHEAD I GUESS.
I AM NOT SENDING ANYTHING.

MAN MAKES THE MONEY, MONEY NEVER MAKES THE MAN.

Listen you fuck.  I lost 0$ in Moolah, but i am not pointing the fingers at people who lost their money, and as a person interested in Bitcoin, I am not going to watch someone take advantage of a complete community because he can temporary behind a computer screen.  Reconsider where you are DIRECTING YOUR CAPS.
sobitcoin

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:39:24 AM

Ferdous is the one seeking justice against Ryan. Ferdous was raped big time by Ryan that got him to invest in buying Mintpal. We know what happened then. So now he hired a lawyer firm (same as Syscoin's team) to attack Ryan and try to get back control of V2, and hopefully force the BTC back.

I chatted a bit with Ferdous. And as far as I know, he is probably the one who lost more in this affair, and he is pretty fair. There is not that much serious effort done to recover stolen money - and Ferdous case is a solid attempt, and I support it.

Completely agree.  I understand that he had a lot invested and a shit ton on his hands at the present moment.  I do however, feel like there is a whole bunch of people who are not involved with that process due to headache, and fishyness of donating more money to a cause that little is known about.  I think the correct way to go about fundraising for Fedorous (he seems very popular, I have no idea his history/who he is) is to at minimum have a central place for the donations, and legal updates. This is fine, but messagesget lost.If he had weekly updates, a website, for this whole process, i bet more people come forward and more people are down to donate to the legal fund. I follow on twitter and stuff, and I want to see Alex go down, but nobody is getting my donations without a face, and not a picture, i am sure others feel the same way. Too much scamming, time for 100% accountability before my shit goes places now.

LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT: WHEN YOU INVEST OR AND OPEN UP A BUSINESS THERE IS ONE FIRST RULE: YOU ARE GAMBLING AND THINGS COULD GO WRONG.
NOW IT COMES THE SECOND RULE: YOU DO NOT ASK YOUR CLIENTS FOR MONEY TO RECOVER THE LOSS OF YOUR BUSINESS, REGARDLESS WHAT YOUR SITUATION WAS(NOT ENOUGH CLIENTS, WRONG LOCATION, GOT SCAMMED, ETC..)
FERDOUS INVESTED IN MINTPAL TO MAKE MONEY, AND IT WENT WRONG, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE SITUATION WAS.
AS MUCH AS I FEEL SORRY FOR THE MINTPAL SITUATION I THINK IS COMPLETELY OUT OF PLACE TO ASK US FOR MONEY FOR A LAWYER.

BUT HEY, EVERYONE IS FREE TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, IF YOU ALL FEEL LIKE IS RIGHT TO SEND BTC'S TO GET HIM A LAWYER THEN GO AHEAD I GUESS.

To be clear, I personally didn't lose anywhere near as much in Mintpal investment as many of the customers of Mintpal did. I also don't really care too much about the money I lost; as it was money I could afford to lose. I knew it was a high risk high return investment. Note that if we do recover the stolen BTC, the customers are the ones that benefit the most from this, not me, as I will be the last in line to get anything back.

What bothers me is not the money; it's scammers like Ryan getting away with stealing people's money over and over.

I have so far spent lot more in the legal expenses than the funds raised by crowd source and we will find a way to fund the legal expense one way or another. It just makes it easier with your support. After all, the money recovered benefits every customer, and to every community member in crypto space in broader terms. I know that it's frustrating if you lost money in Mintpal, and it doesn't seem fair to donate even more. You have no obligation to contribute, and we are trying our best to recover that money for you.

Right? Meanwhile, a guy can't run an anonymous survey without getting blasted all day for being fishy.  The only thing that hurts Bitcoin is our own community.  Accountability where it matters lacks. My fractions of a BTC are going to gather dust in cold storage for the next bit.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:45:18 AM

Completely agree.  I understand that he had a lot invested and a shit ton on his hands at the present moment.  I do however, feel like there is a whole bunch of people who are not involved with that process due to headache, and fishyness of donating more money to a cause that little is known about.  I think the correct way to go about fundraising for Fedorous (he seems very popular, I have no idea his history/who he is) is to at minimum have a central place for the donations, and legal updates. This is fine, but messagesget lost.If he had weekly updates, a website, for this whole process, i bet more people come forward and more people are down to donate to the legal fund. I follow on twitter and stuff, and I want to see Alex go down, but nobody is getting my donations without a face, and not a picture, i am sure others feel the same way. Too much scamming, time for 100% accountability before my shit goes places now.

Account registered a month ago.............  Smiley
Since when is using a btc exchange equally as risky as gambling??
There is no excuse for theft, it's not even in the same realm as money lost by voluntary  gambling
ninjaskip

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:47:00 AM

Completely agree.  I understand that he had a lot invested and a shit ton on his hands at the present moment.  I do however, feel like there is a whole bunch of people who are not involved with that process due to headache, and fishyness of donating more money to a cause that little is known about.  I think the correct way to go about fundraising for Fedorous (he seems very popular, I have no idea his history/who he is) is to at minimum have a central place for the donations, and legal updates. This is fine, but messagesget lost.If he had weekly updates, a website, for this whole process, i bet more people come forward and more people are down to donate to the legal fund. I follow on twitter and stuff, and I want to see Alex go down, but nobody is getting my donations without a face, and not a picture, i am sure others feel the same way. Too much scamming, time for 100% accountability before my shit goes places now.

Account registered a month ago.............  Smiley
Since when is using a btc exchange equally as risky as gambling??
There is no excuse for theft, it's not even in the same realm as money lost by voluntary  gambling

Since when is using a btc exchange equally as risky as gambling??   For me since early this year with the cryptorush theft, but for many others even earlier since Karpelles theft.
In some cases gambling is safer atm.
oleander7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:26:29 PM

How long all of you are willing to wait? Or have you already accepted that all the coins are lost? Will there be no justice and retribution for scammers and criminals? Personally, I want to at least try and see what could be done. It seems that there is no other alternative to Ferdous plan to take it to the court. If we need to gather those 75 BTC to get it done I'm willing to contribute substantially. As it seems, without several big donations it will not be done, so our only chance is that several people will fill the remaining sum. I have lost some 16 BTC on mintpal and can afford to donate 16 BTC but I need some assurance that I will not be the only one to do this. If you are interested in bringing this into motion, please, pm me. The sooner we get enough people to do the right thing, the sooner we will see Ryan getting what he deserves and stolen funds returned to their owners. Don't be indifferent. Take action!
Minted

Activity: 147

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:46:51 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 01:57:16 PM by Minted

Its all well and good pressing for the return of coins in the civil courts but this could take a very long time if at all. The only way to ensure a swift result in cornering and freezing Ryan's funds is to pursue him through a theft claim and let the British Police take action. This is a FREE service and one we can ALL be involved in. Further down the line funds can be found and recovered through the civil courts. If a crime was committed on British soil, anyone, irrespective of nationality can make a stand, so I urge you all to report your loss through http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/. At least you will be personally kept informed should developments occur. It might also give you some comfort that you yourself are doing something about the recovery of YOUR coins.

I have!................... http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ .................. Have You!

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Its all well and good pressing for the return of coins in the civil courts but this could take a very long time if at all. The only way to ensure a swift result in cornering and freezing Ryan's funds is to pursue him through a theft claim and let the British Police take action. This is a FREE service and one we can ALL be involved in. Further down the line funds can be found and recovered through the civil courts. If a crime was committed on British soil, anyone, irrespective of nationality can make a stand, so I urge you all to report your loss through http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/. At least you will be personally kept informed should developments occur. It might also give you some comfort that you yourself are doing something about the recovery of YOUR coins.

I have!................... http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ .................. Have You!

I have filed a report.
oleander7

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

There are probably dozens or more who have filed the report. Two month have passed already. Is there any progress at all there? What type of actions do they take? Are they able to apprehend Ryan or seize his funds? We should have an adequate picture of what can be done this way and when can it be done.
tyson187

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:37:39 PM

things got quiet for the past two weeks , no news regarding the case , no refunds of other coins ,

I don`t believe that there will be any justice at all , at least not this year .
Luckylui

Activity: 154

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:56:53 PM

Still missing my 12 BTC!!!!!!!!

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
RichMerlin

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

I just got my small amount of FLT back. Thanks TeamFLT.
I would like to return my LTC too. Is there any chance to do that?
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

I just got my small amount of FLT back. Thanks TeamFLT.
I would like to return my LTC too. Is there any chance to do that?

I don't think so.  Flt has been lucky (has not migrate to V2 for the most part), it's why we have been able to get it back (minus 8.95% missing, probably lucky one that have been able to withdraw from V2).

Karma, XMR, TES, FAIR and few others are in the same spot.  I helped a bit TES team to get in touch with Ferdous, and probably they will get their coins back early next week.  I think Karma will follow soon.  XMR is a bit of a challenge (but I'm not sure what the prob is).

For all the other coins, we now have to rely on Ferdous - mintpal - syscoin civil and criminal action against Moolah - Ryan Kennedy.  Individual criminal claim wont get result (except to harass positively UK authority, I think its a good thing).  I would suggest ANYONE to report, and help Ferdous-Mintpal action. 

We have a good opportunity to show that we stand. 

Fuyuki_Wataru

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

I had a few coins on mintpal. I still see them there, and I had requested them to be withdrawn. I haven't received any though, I suppose I too have fallen victim of this crime?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:47:53 PM

Ryan Kennedy:

Mintpal users:

sobitcoin

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:25:57 AM

Question... A thought kinda popped in my head. I was cruising the Moolah site, and came across their verification process.  Remembering that I have emailed them multiple pictures of my identification and shit.....

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.
You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

Considering his family is made of known fraudsters and cunts, it can probably safely be assumed that copies of all this shit will be all over the place, and anyone who sent any form of verification might be at risk of alex assuming them in the future?  Is there any way to go about this? I pulled my $$ before he left with it, but i really don't feel like waiting for the next 5 years to find out this asshat has 15 credit cards in my name. Has this been brought up to any legal entities? Can anything even be done about a fraudster running around with thousands and thousands of ID's. Does the legal system protect against this stuff, or do I need to start organizing and advertising the UK Bitcoin convention?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:21:53 AM

Question... A thought kinda popped in my head. I was cruising the Moolah site, and came across their verification process.  Remembering that I have emailed them multiple pictures of my identification and shit.....

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.
You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

Considering his family is made of known fraudsters and cunts, it can probably safely be assumed that copies of all this shit will be all over the place, and anyone who sent any form of verification might be at risk of alex assuming them in the future?  Is there any way to go about this? I pulled my $$ before he left with it, but i really don't feel like waiting for the next 5 years to find out this asshat has 15 credit cards in my name. Has this been brought up to any legal entities? Can anything even be done about a fraudster running around with thousands and thousands of ID's. Does the legal system protect against this stuff, or do I need to start organizing and advertising the UK Bitcoin convention?

Good point. Good question. Where are those documents now, exactly?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sobitcoin

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:45:03 AM

Good point. Good question. Where are those documents now, exactly?

Where? Probably on multiple hard drives, multiple devices, sold, ya know, just anywhere and everywhere.
oleander7

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:21:43 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 09:31:56 AM by oleander7

So, it seems that filing a report to actionfraud.uk is a very weak option. It won't work, probably, so we must consider other options. Are there any other options than a lawsuit  against Ryan? Bounty hunter? Private detective? I doubt anyone will pull it of. It leave as with only one option - lawsuit. Ferdous is claiming that he have enough evidence to win it. It could probably take some time and everything, but the most important thing here is a chance to bring legal justice to a known and dangerous scammer. For this reason only I would gladly put 16 BTC on the line. I have 16+ BTC stuck on mintpal, but there are many people who have lost far greater sums, so I doubt that they are willing to accept such impudent theft and move over it. The longer we are waiting, the lower are our chances to success. We need a group of determined people that will support this initiative and help fill the needed amount. As you know, it is possible to impose those legal fees on Ryan if we win, so all made contributions will be returned to the donators. I'm willing to take those risks and donate 16 BTC on a condition that there will be other people that will join me. If you want to return your stolen funds and most importantly - bring justice to a dangerous scammer, pm me. Good luck everyone!
Nomercy82

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:27:17 PM

Where? Probably on multiple hard drives, multiple devices, sold, ya know, just anywhere and everywhere.

I'm going to say with around 90% certainty that he hasn't got them. They were sent into the support desk and only us as support employees saw them unless it was very suspicious, then he'd see them. They were stored on the support desk not on any company owned assets.

The only way he'd have them is if he went and downloaded each one.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: