Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:53:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:20:45 PM

GLBSE is completely legal, I don't know what part of the world you're from, but here in the UK something has to be forbidden or outlawed to become illegal, everything that is not... is legal.

as a financial service provider who offer his services to the public you need to be registered.

you can make a small club and offer glbse there - would be completly legal.

(i dont really care if you do or dont, i just was amused that you said you wont disclouse this data because of the law)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:24:05 PM

If I so obviously violated the data protection act, as you are looking for, it would be the end of GLBSE, we would be fined into oblivion, and since GLBSE is being registered as a business when I arrive back from my holiday, I am particularly wary of taking such foolish action.
Man, I could have given you at least three different ways of letting the PPT bond holders proving to Pirate that they have their money in BS&T - and none of them would violate any privacy law.

But I am not going to, because I know that a "privacy law" is just your stupid excuse and, after I write it all down, you will just come up with another stupid excuse.

So spare mi your legal expertise, because I don't believe a word you're saying. And also, I think you're stupid so your advise on any matter is worthless for me.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:27:03 PM

GLBSE is completely legal, I don't know what part of the world you're from, but here in the UK something has to be forbidden or outlawed to become illegal, everything that is not... is legal.

as a financial service provider who offer his services to the public you need to be registered.

you can make a small club and offer glbse there - would be completly legal.

(i dont really care if you do or dont, i just was amused that you said you wont disclouse this data because of the law)

This is why Bitcoin NEEDS a Legal Classification. People around here like to think that they can have it BOTH ways.

In terms of Pirate, everyone yells "have fun trying to call the cops and get back your imaginary math money"

Yet, in the case of the GLBSE, Nefario is a FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER ? (GLBSE takes cash deposits now ?)

Which is it ? It MUST be either 1 or the other.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:29:33 PM

here in the UK something has to be forbidden or outlawed to become illegal, everything that is not... is legal.
Oh how I wish that was true! I have so many Bitcoin businesses I'd love to operate if I could figure out how to do so without risking being caged.

The UK's financial legislation is roughly along the lines of "No one shall offer fianancial services except in accordance with the following regulations". That's broadly equivalent to "it's illegal unless we permit it".
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:30:52 PM

If I so obviously violated the data protection act, as you are looking for, it would be the end of GLBSE, we would be fined into oblivion, and since GLBSE is being registered as a business when I arrive back from my holiday, I am particularly wary of taking such foolish action.
Man, I could have given you at least three different ways of letting the PPT bond holders proving to Pirate that they have their money in BS&T - and none of them would violate any privacy law.

But I am not going to, because I know that a "privacy law" is just your stupid excuse and, after I write it all down, you will just come up with another stupid excuse.

So spare mi your legal expertise, because I don't believe a word you're saying.

you still don't get it do you, the greed of cashing out cheaply picked up bonds for bitcents on a bitcoin is blinding you -  GLBSE PPTs are NOT BTCST Trust Sub-accounts there is nothing for Goat/Nefario to submit to Pirate. GBLSE should not, can't and won't release their user's data to 3rd parties without a legal motion such as court order
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:32:39 PM

It depends on whether bitcoin is considered to be a currency and the FSA has already determined that it's not (that may change in the future, but it would require legislation from the UK or EU level). As things currently stand GLBSE is a virtual stock exchange for a virtual currency.

I'm in London for the month so will be hitting up the FSA to register GLBSE if they'll let me, I don't believe they will.

I agree with most of what you said. But being an enabler is still bad. Just look at all the people thrown in jail for running websites that link to pirated content but don't host it themselves; they are only enablers.

I don't believe so, there are pinkslip markets all over the world, this is currently what GLBSE is at the moment and even under the new standards we're bringing in (to separate assets into markets) all the PPT stuff would be in the pink section.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:35:45 PM

So spare mi your legal expertise, because I don't believe a word you're saying.

you still don't get it do you, the greed of cashing out cheaply picked up bonds for cents on a dollar is blinding you -  GLBSE PPTs are NOT BTCST Trust Sub-accounts there is nothing for Goat/Nefario to submit to Pirate. GBLSE should not, can't and won't release their user's data to 3rd parties without a legal motion such as court order
No - you still don't get it.
I don't have any PPT bonds and when I did, I did not buy them for cents.

Goat was trying to get himself rich by selling empty PPT bonds - and Nefario was helping him, probably being his partner in this business.
And now they are both screwed - because Pirate turned out to be much smarter and much more honest than these crooks.
Well, this last statement we will see... but so far it looks good Tongue

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:38:41 PM

Although the pirate's request is extremely odd, if it were the only way to receive payments, can bondholders authorize the transfer of that information ?, so that GLBSE no infringes any data protection law

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:39:42 PM

here in the UK something has to be forbidden or outlawed to become illegal, everything that is not... is legal.
Oh how I wish that was true! I have so many Bitcoin businesses I'd love to operate if I could figure out how to do so without risking being caged.

The UK's financial legislation is roughly along the lines of "No one shall offer fianancial services except in accordance with the following regulations". That's broadly equivalent to "it's illegal unless we permit it".

Unfortunately it is the case. Otherwise I would be running both BTC stock exchange and BTC currency exchange as of 18 month ago and by now we would be in merger talks with Ribuck.

-
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:40:00 PM

can bondholders authorize the transfer of that information ?, so that GLBSE no infringes any data protection law
no
why?
beause: nefario will tell you... Smiley

Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:42:22 PM

Goat was trying to get himself rich by selling empty PPT bonds - and Nefario was helping him, probably being his partner in this business.
And now they are both screwed.

Absolutely baseless accusation, proof please.

Quote from: tbcoin
Although the pirate's request is extremely odd, if it were the only way to receive payments, can bondholders authorize the transfer of that information ?, so that GLBSE no infringes any data protection law

Yes, at the request of bond holder we can provide GPG signed reciepts stating how many of the asset the person holds, it would mean that they would no longer be able to trade that asset afterwards (i.e. it would be stuck in their account) otherwise they would be able to game the system.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:45:02 PM

The proof of Goat selling empty PPT bonds?
Or the proof or you being his lying bitch?

Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:48:17 PM

Both.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:48:42 PM

Either way I wont pass anything on as I do not have sub accounts. I only have one personal account. My GLBSE obligations are unrelated to Pirate.

Pirate can suck my dick and I will see him in court if he wants to pull this BS.
I think sooner you will see your own customers in court.

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:49:01 PM

Yes, at the request of bond holder we can provide GPG signed reciepts stating how many of the asset the person holds, it would mean that they would no longer be able to trade that asset afterwards (i.e. it would be stuck in their account) otherwise they would be able to game the system.

It seems right.

So why has not considered this possibility before tell him "we can't"? Although insist again the absurdity, rare and risky of his request

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:52:22 PM

It seems right.

So why has not considered this possibility before tell him "we can't"? Although insist again the absurdity, rare and risky of his request

Because thats not what he was asking, I was being asked to give GLBSE users details to pirate, which I can't. It's different from "can GLBSE users get a signed receipt of the pirate related assets they hold".

Besides, that won't get you anything, as pirate has said before his obligation is not to any of the PPT owners.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:53:10 PM

Both.
1) The number of active assets is 30175 ATM, while it was far below 27895, after Pirate announced that he's stopping accepting deposits.
2) You are denying this simple fact.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 02:59:48 PM

Both.
1) The number of active assets is 30175 ATM, while it was far below 27895, after Pirate announced that he's stopping accepting deposits.
2) You are denying this simple fact.

plus, let me quote something from an IRC channel - that was 2 days ago:

<nefario> Chaaang-Noi: you are goignto have a crowd with pitchforks coming after you
<Chaaang-Noi> why?
<Chaaang-Noi> i paid my insured bonds
<Chaaang-Noi> see that wall of bids?
<Chaaang-Noi> its enough to buy back everything
<Chaaang-Noi> the odds are just as great they will come after you.
<nefario> ha
<EB250> nefario, not form lack of oxygen but buildup of carbon dioxide
<nefario> EB250: but I like carbon dioxide
<nefario> seems we're in this together goat
<nefario> get the chainsaws
<nefario> nice pic BTW
<Chaaang-Noi> i think they will be going after pirate not us
<Chaaang-Noi> we did out part
<Chaaang-Noi> what pic?
<Chaaang-Noi> boat?
<Chaaang-Noi> or tower?
<nefario> ja
<nefario> boat
<Chaaang-Noi> ahh  Smiley
<Chaaang-Noi> honestly i like the tower one better but then again i have a thing for asian girls
<nefario> link?
<Chaaang-Noi> 1 sec
<Chaaang-Noi> see if this works
<Chaaang-Noi> http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j343/TyGrrTech/P8240312.jpg
<Chaaang-Noi> its the only other recent photo iv posted
<Chaaang-Noi> outside 81st floor Smiley
<Chaaang-Noi> was epic
<nefario> is that your wife?
<Chaaang-Noi> yeah
<Chaaang-Noi> she did not like the boat photo so much
<nefario> tanned as fuck
<Chaaang-Noi> she is thai lol
<nefario> people here avoid the sun like the plague
<Chaaang-Noi> yeah she used to, i told her i dont give a fuck and come play on the beach with me...
<nefario> seem to admire my white ass for it's milky color
<Chaaang-Noi> so she did
<Chaaang-Noi> yeah
<nefario> pale face

nima

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 03:04:06 PM

Wrd, on top of that I don't understand why bonds are ”tricky”. Just pay out the security issuer (Goat) and let him divvy it up from there. The only reason why it would be ”tricky” is if he (or whoever its using him aa sock puppet) wanted to ID all the bond holders. I wonder why he would want to do that?

A silly question: Why would pirate40 want to identify all bond holders? IRS?

Coin Reaper @ http://coinreaper.com - Your expressway to FREE Bitcoins!
Bunny Run @ http://bunnyrun.us and win every time. No Bets required
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:05:02 PM

Wrd, on top of that I don't understand why bonds are ”tricky”. Just pay out the security issuer (Goat) and let him divvy it up from there. The only reason why it would be ”tricky” is if he (or whoever its using him aa sock puppet) wanted to ID all the bond holders. I wonder why he would want to do that?

A silly question: Why would pirate40 want to identify all bond holders? IRS?

That's the 5 millions dollars question Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: