Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:34:37 PM

The main benefit of the BTC MBs is the ability to supply 75W to 1x slots which are normallly limited to 15-25W, which makes
the use of unpowered risers possible.

All the motherboards can provide 75W thru the 1x slots, it's by specifications. The rest of the pins do not provide any power.
The difference is that the BTC MB can provide 75W to ALL the slots together.

I wouldn't ever pull 75w through the tiny little traces on a motherboard to all the slots at the same time, that's just a recipe for disaster, regardless of having a extra molex connector or two supplying juice.
As I said, my 2 rigs are runing perfectly, 6x960 and Pro BTC. Even OC'd. Now is 3 months already. And cheap cheap risers.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:42:17 AM

Crazy question - could i run (2) algos on the same rig in (2) separate instances.  For example - (1) instance running X11 and (1) instance running (Skein2) on the same cards?  What are the draw backs if any?  I checked power consumption and there doesn't seem to be a change in power draw.  Just wondering if I can break my rig that way? Thanks - pokeytex

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:31:14 AM

Crazy question - could i run (2) algos on the same rig in (2) separate instances.  For example - (1) instance running X11 and (1) instance running (Skein2) on the same cards?  What are the draw backs if any?  I checked power consumption and there doesn't seem to be a change in power draw.  Just wondering if I can break my rig that way? Thanks - pokeytex

Can't break your rigs that way but likely the driver will crash sooner or later. Or one algo will probably dominate the other so the hashrate won't be equal.

Depending on what you want to achieve you might be better off dedicating a couple of cards to one algo and the rest of them to another.
Or you could just use a batch file which switches between the two algos periodically or as a failover.

Not your keys, not your coins!
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:36:55 AM

Interesting thought. It won't break anything, it's just like running multiple processes on a CPU. But I don't think it
will work well. Most processors perform better with fewer processes with better cache performance and less task
switching overhead. Vector (SIMD) processors like cuda are even more optimized for doing the same thing over and over.

What you are suggesting would be suitable in a hyperthreaded environment where two threads share a common
set of execution resources. As long as the two threads require different execution units they can run simultaneously.
Unfortunately mining algos use almost exclusively integer arithmetic so the combined peformance of the two threads
would be the equivalent of one.

It might be worth an experiment to see what the combined performance is.

You can always run different instances on different cards if you want to mine two algos at the same time.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1794
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 01:37:47 AM

YES YOU COULD--

I always ran 2 instances of CudaMiner on scrypt.  The rigs would get slightly better total hash rate, and if one instance crashed, the other would go from 1/2 hashrate to full hash rate.

With mixed algos, you'ld be running separate threads through the cards.  You could run 1/2 cards on one algo, and 1/2 on the other algo with "-a x11 -d 0,1,2" and "-a quark -d 3,4,5" on separate instances.  You could run two instances with separate algos on all cards.  

The drawback is probably that you loose efficiency, and the cards would run hotter, with the overall hashrates being lower.  Have I done it?  No, but you could try it and report.  I don't think your rigs will break.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:54:57 AM

Can't break your rigs that way but likely the driver will crash sooner or later. Or one algo will probably dominate the other so the hashrate won't be equal.

I've done it unintentionally, never saw any crashes but never let it run for any length of time or measure
performance.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:08:18 AM

Ok - well thank you all for the informative posts above.  I did try it and as you said - the efficiency was divided in half.  I did decide to separate into (2) instances with the -d parameter and designated half of the cards to one algo and the other half to another.  Thank you all for the info - poketex

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:26:10 AM

YES YOU COULD--

I always ran 2 instances of CudaMiner on scrypt.  The rigs would get slightly better total hash rate, and if one instance crashed, the other would go from 1/2 hashrate to full hash rate.

With mixed algos, you'ld be running separate threads through the cards.  You could run 1/2 cards on one algo, and 1/2 on the other algo with "-a x11 -d 0,1,2" and "-a quark -d 3,4,5" on separate instances.  You could run two instances with separate algos on all cards.  

The drawback is probably that you loose efficiency, and the cards would run hotter, with the overall hashrates being lower.  Have I done it?  No, but you could try it and report.  I don't think your rigs will break.

--scryptr

Pretty much... running the same algo usually it just splits the hashrate between the two instances. If you're running two different algos, the cards are probably utilized differently and you'll end up with a weird bottlneck somewhere that causes a loss of efficiency for both algos.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 09:39:55 AM

maybe I called it -x don't remember.. Run ccminer --help

the readme hasn't been updated in a while...

ccMiner release 1.5.2-tpruvot (SP_MOD) (april 2015)
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you find this tool useful and like to support its continued
          development, then consider a donation.

tpruvot@github:
  BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo
  DRK  : XeVrkPrWB7pDbdFLfKhF1Z3xpqhsx6wkH3
  NEOS : NaEcVrdzoCWHUYXb7X8QoafoKS9UV69Yk4
  XST  : S9TqZucWgT6ajZLDBxQnHUtmkotCEHn9z9

sp-hash@github:
  BTC: 1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd
  DRK: XdgfWywdxABwMdrGUd2xseb6CYy1UKi9jX

DJM34:
  BTC donation address: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze

KlausT @github:
  BTC 1H2BHSyuwLP9vqt2p3bK9G3mDJsAi7qChw
  DRK XcM9FXrvZS275pGyGmfJmS98tHPZ1rjErM

cbuchner v1.2:
  LTC donation address: LKS1WDKGED647msBQfLBHV3Ls8sveGncnm
  BTC donation address: 16hJF5mceSojnTD3ZTUDqdRhDyPJzoRakM

and if you want to mine as a donation for the devs - you can Wink ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

im currently updating the servers as i read this ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:06:17 PM

does anyone known what this is extranonce.subscribe and how to get rid of it

You can run ccminer with the -e switch to turn it off.
-e I don't know what that is.
sp do you have the latest readme file on ccminer ?
Ps contributions coming soon.  Wink
Got my new rig working again with 2  750ti....2 980ti .
EDIT: Electrical power line went down yesterday and burn out my new rig......... f#@&............ it will have to wait. Undecided
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:08:53 PM

EDIT: Electrical power line went down yesterday and burn out my new rig......... f#@&............ it will have to wait. Undecided

did you have some kind of power protection on that rig?

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:25:39 PM

Didn't even have a chance to set that up......a long story short... didn't have the money to buy one yet.
I think its the mb.... I have a second one that I will be putting on the rig. Undecided
If it's the psu  I'm done.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:27:24 PM

Didn't even have a chance to set that up......a long story short... didn't have the money to buy one yet.
I think its the mb.... I have a second on that I will be putting on the rig. Undecided

you can make a quick power protection box by using an old UPS, even with broken battery and low capacity, if it has some "surge protection only" plugs.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:30:54 PM

I think its the mb.... I have a second on that I will be putting on the rig. Undecided

you can make a quick power protection box by using an old UPS, even with broken battery and low capacity, if it has some "surge protection only" plugs.
Ok I have a power protection but wasn't plugged in... it's a long story.

But I need to know if it is the psu or the mb.  Need to check the psu first.
EDIT: It is plugged into a watt meter but?
At this point I can't get it to start with crossing the power pins.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:27:13 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

Depending on your power supply and/or country I use this to test dead supplies. I have about 3 in my closet. Hope it helps if you have never seen or heard of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcWCrYpw3Y

USE extreme caution

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:32:23 PM

Depending on your power supply and/or country I use this to test dead supplies. I have about 3 in my closet. Hope it helps if you have never seen or heard of this.

USE extreme caution
Thx  antonio8... I reread the specs on the psu and it has build in surge protection so I'm not sure if it's the mb or the psu.
Since the psu has this feature then it seems that any surge can't get to the mb....but?
The psu is antec 1300 watt platinum  joonyguru gives it a 9.9 out of 10.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:39:51 PM

USE extreme caution
Thx  antonio8... I reread the specs on the psu and it has build in surge protection so I'm not sure if it's the mb or the psu.
Since the psu has this feature then it seems that any surge can't get to the mb....but?

may it be just a melt fuse on the PSU?
maybe it's easy to replace, even without opening the psu case, which would void the warranty.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:47:30 PM

USE extreme caution

may it be just a melt fuse on the PSU?
maybe it's easy to replace, even without opening the psu case, which would void the warranty.
There is no visible fuse socket and yes if I open the case it will void the warranty. Undecided
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:53:33 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 03:09:07 PM by tbearhere

USE extreme caution
Good youtube video...I'm going to try that. Smiley

EDIT: No green wire...all black.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
Got to get the schematic  of course not supplied  to do this.
Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

Good youtube video...I'm going to try that. Smiley

EDIT: No green wire...all black.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
Got to get the schematic  of course not supplied  to do this.
Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.

a loooooooooooooong time ago (by the technology time scale) ;-)
I remember the schematics were on some TVs and pocket radios in the eighties.

Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: