Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:06:44 AM

Same problem in sgminer. You can't get the fastest quark and qubit kernals to work on linux because you miss the sourcecode of the sgminer itself.

Ask Wolf0 and Kuchur why they don't publish their sourcecode.

Donations has been dry lately, thats why I am sharing some of my private work. 0.1BTC is nothing for some of you.

i know mate - and i understand - as i mentioned earlier ...

but from my point of view - its ridiculous ... and if this IS the way it will continue to go - people like me will be less and less vocal about the push for donations and it will become more and more a private farm enterprise ...

im not EXPECTING you to release the code - as with sgminer / wolf / whoever ... all i simply state is that linux users like me have a damn hard time and i really am fedup with it ... there needs to be a better wya - and if that means growing thefarm to a level where it becomes an entity that mining community WILL take notice of by employing private devs for private kernels - then so be it ...

its the way of the world ...

i will still 'donate' the 0.1btc to you sp - by purchasing the miner ( as i have always done ) - but i categorically state that im fed up with windows based systems and the distribution of them when i cannot use them for thefarm ...

i put blood sweat tears and huge amounts of money into this farm ... it deserves to works as optimally as it can ...

and when i get my way - it will ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:07:14 AM

But my private kernal is windows only. If you install windows for your mate you will get 6 cards working and he can use the nicehash miner for optimal profit switching.
o ok ...
i thought it was source code as well - so we can compile it for linux? ...

Yes it can be compiled for linux. The optimalizations works on linux as well. But At this stage I don't want to share the source code.

thats kool ...

its your code mate ... im ok with it ...

i am just fed up with all this windows stuff that is coming out ... i understand your point of view - but people like me have more than proven themselves with privacy and support - and im now fed up with the lack of it concerning these sorts of things - especially when you DO release it so it can be compiled - the age of the optimization is over ...

im all for opensource - as you know - and im all for private sales also to benefit you as a dev ( due to lack of REAL support from the mining community ) - BUT - im now at that stage of being tired of being the last in the line to get optimizations - when im ONE OF THE FEW that put our first feet forward to help with donations and mining and creating options for donations ...

all good mate ...

#crysx

There are just more Windows miners out there.

It's simple, it's like the people i know who buy a macbook/imac because the risk of a virus is smaller they say. Of course it is. If you would turn the world around and the percentage of windows based computers was the same as it is right now for MacOS based computers, there wouldn't be as much viruses for Windows either.

Correct me if i'm wrong here:
if it's possible to compile a Windows version, why wouldn't it be possible to compile one for Linux without including the source code?
Isn't that principle the same?
Or is it just easier to decompile?

Edit: i guess the above post from sp answers that.

Actually it is possible to compile a linux version there is no problem in that (I did it already for the first neoscrypt miner).
The problem is that there is many differents version of linux, and you can't get away with only one linux exe... hence
what might work for some linux brand won't work for other (example, fedora and ubuntu won't necessarily work with a same exe... however it comes at some point to the packages which are used... compiler gcc/cuda)

So basically it is a pain to create a linux exe and be sure it works for all linux OS

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:09:08 AM

But my private kernal is windows only. If you install windows for your mate you will get 6 cards working and he can use the nicehash miner for optimal profit switching.
o ok ...
i thought it was source code as well - so we can compile it for linux? ...

Yes it can be compiled for linux. The optimalizations works on linux as well. But At this stage I don't want to share the source code.

thats kool ...

its your code mate ... im ok with it ...

i am just fed up with all this windows stuff that is coming out ... i understand your point of view - but people like me have more than proven themselves with privacy and support - and im now fed up with the lack of it concerning these sorts of things - especially when you DO release it so it can be compiled - the age of the optimization is over ...

im all for opensource - as you know - and im all for private sales also to benefit you as a dev ( due to lack of REAL support from the mining community ) - BUT - im now at that stage of being tired of being the last in the line to get optimizations - when im ONE OF THE FEW that put our first feet forward to help with donations and mining and creating options for donations ...

all good mate ...

#crysx

There are just more Windows miners out there.

It's simple, it's like the people i know who buy a macbook/imac because the risk of a virus is smaller they say. Of course it is. If you would turn the world around and the percentage of windows based computers was the same as it is right now for MacOS based computers, there wouldn't be as much viruses for Windows either.

Correct me if i'm wrong here:
if it's possible to compile a Windows version, why wouldn't it be possible to compile one for Linux without including the source code?
Isn't that principle the same?
Or is it just easier to decompile?

Edit: i guess the above post from sp answers that.

it is - but it would MUCH more difficult for the devs to supply a compiled version ( even as a static build ) to work will most linux distributions ...

im very specific with what i have int he farm - fedora 23 x64 cuda 7.5 with all the latest updates ...

so if a miner can be compiled by the devs - that would be great AND i would pay another 50% more for their trouble ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

The donations links are not being used. Private kernals is the only way to earn money as a kernel developer..

i know they are not being used mate ...

the mining community as a whole are having a hard time donating ... or refusing to ... or just wont ... either way - the OPTION is there ... just like your btc address is ... at least ive tried ...

but taking care of the FEW that do help you by donating AND buying the private miners / kernels ( even though they cant use them ) is not really that much to ask is it? ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:11:12 AM

Actually it is possible to compile a linux version there is no problem in that (I did it already for the first neoscrypt miner).
The problem is that there is many differents version of linux, and you can't get away with only one linux exe... hence
what might work for some linux brand won't work for other (example, fedora and ubuntu won't necessarily work with a same exe... however it comes at some point to the packages which are used... compiler gcc/cuda)

So basically it is a pain to create a linux exe and be sure it works for all linux OS

If you make it work on the latest ubuntu and fedora you are ok with most users.
And if it doesn't work you can always refund.
Or, you can ask a higher price and compile for that specific setup.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:13:18 AM

yup - and i mentioned that in one of the previous replies ...

as well as djm34 comment about it being a 'not one fits all' linux build ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:56:44 AM

yeah that's an idea...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 10:06:00 AM

yeah that's an idea...

i would be happy with that - and as mentioned before would pay the extra for a specific compile ...

though a few of my systems require their own compile for some reason ( as they are not all exactly the same yet ) and require a different compilation ... but most of thefarm will work with a single compile ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:09:06 AM

yeah that's an idea...
i would be happy with that - and as mentioned before would pay the extra for a specific compile ...
though a few of my systems require their own compile for some reason ( as they are not all exactly the same yet ) and require a different compilation ... but most of thefarm will work with a single compile ...
Smiley ...
#crysx

Thats why one of the reasons why upgraded my fork to cuda 7.5. Easier to build with  the latest ubuntu and fedora. But it took alot of work to reach the cuda 6.5 speed.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 10:10:42 AM

yeah that's an idea...
Smiley ...
#crysx

Thats why one of the reasons why upgraded my fork to cuda 7.5. Easier to build with  the latest ubuntu and fedora. But it took alot of work to reach the cuda 6.5 speed.

well - i have voiced my grievances over linux ( or lack thereof ) support ...

i cant wait to be able to test them and have actual results - than just read about them on the forum ...

tanx sp ...

#crysx

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:26:54 AM

yeah that's an idea...
Smiley ...
#crysx

well - i have voiced my grievances over linux ( or lack thereof ) support ...

i cant wait to be able to test them and have actual results - than just read about them on the forum ...

tanx sp ...

#crysx

Well it is much easier for Linux user to switch to fedora than it is to switch to windows. I personally am interested to switch from windows to linux for mining even I am bad in linux...
And many miners ( small ones) are having hard time making profits, donation is not first in line even are willing to participate
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:32:13 AM

@sp - what is your private kernel doing on x15? 750ti, 960, 970?

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:36:39 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 11:52:59 AM by sp_

I have posted the results earlier:

the +% is compared to release 78

neoscrypt (same as release 74)
X11 is up 30khash (750ti) (+1%)
x13 is up 100khash(750ti) (+4.3%)
x15 is up 66Khash(750ti) (+3.3%)
quark is up 200khash(750ti) (+3.2%)
lyra2v2 is up 250khash(750ti)(+6%) (asus strix 5150Khash (with +150 oc))

x11 does 3060KHASH on the asus strix 750ti standard clocks.
x13 does 2405KHASH on the asus strix 750ti standard clocks.
x15 does 2055KHASH on the asus strix 750ti standard clocks.

results gtx 960:

scryptr did a test on his gtx 960 card and compared it with the nicehash miner(release 74) here are the results:

keccak: +20%
lyra2v2: +11,64%
quark: +3.07
Qubit: +3.03%
Nist5: +2.2%
x11: +2%
x13: +1.8%
Whirlpoolx: +1.2%
Neoscrypt: 0% (after reducing virtual mem)

The private miner is for sale for a 0.1BTC donation.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:57:15 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 12:08:04 PM by scryptr

I have posted the results earlier:

the +% is compared to release 78

neoscrypt (same as release 74)
X11 is up 30khash (750ti) (+1%)
x13 is up 100khash(750ti) (+4.3%)
x15 is up 66Khash(750ti) (+3.3%)
quark is up 200khash(750ti) (+3.2%)
lyra2v2 is up 250khash(750ti)(+6%) (asus strix 5150Khash (with +150 oc))

x15 does 2055KHASH on the asus strix 750ti standard clocks.

results gtx 960:

scryptr did a test on his gtx 960 card and compared it with the nicehash miner(release 74) here are the results:

keccak: +20%
lyra2v2: +11,64%
quark: +3.07
Qubit: +3.03%
Nist5: +2.2%
x11: +2%
x13: +1.8%
Whirlpoolx: +1.2%
Neoscrypt: 0% (after reducing virtual mem)

The private miner is for sale for a 0.1BTC donation.

NEOSCRYPT CODE IS A WIN AT ZERO PERCENT--

The private miner based on release dot 78 is compiled with CUDA 7.5, and the popular algos are now mining at equal or better hash rates than earlier versions of CCminer compiled with CUDA 6.5.  This brings CCminer current with what is now considered the standard CUDA environment, CUDA 7.5.

When I reduced the size of my RAMDisk, my memory load dropped to about 30% from about 50%.  Neoscrypt performance increased.  The 16GB Win 7 x64 system became less "laggy" in general.  I run CCminer under NiceHash Miner in the RAMDisk, about 500MB total disk used.  I simply renamed the private miner to match the "ccminer_sp.exe" executable (release dot 74) in the NiceHash Miner "bin" subdirectory.  I then benchmarked the new binary executable.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 05:49:54 PM by scryptr

QUARK HASH RATES--

Following are Quark results for the Private Miner on light computer load:

GTX 960 SC mining Quark at startup

GTX 960 SC mining Quark with light computer load

With release dot 74,  the same card achieved 10.9-11.1MH/s mining Quark.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
skunk

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:05:09 PM

it is - but it would MUCH more difficult for the devs to supply a compiled version ( even as a static build ) to work will most linux distributions ...

im very specific with what i have int he farm - fedora 23 x64 cuda 7.5 with all the latest updates ...

so if a miner can be compiled by the devs - that would be great AND i would pay another 50% more for their trouble ...

#crysx
it's not if you staticize the binary with ermine, the trial version works good enough...  Wink

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:14:55 PM

#crysx
it's not if you staticize the binary with ermine, the trial version works good enough...  Wink

Nice, but it makes linux more like windows Cheesy

(i.e. distributing the shared libraries with every program makes them... well... no longer shared)

s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:25:54 PM

Stock clocks.

So sp_ i can pay you for a slower version?

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:06:19 PM

X15?

Wich version are you running?

skunk

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:14:37 PM

#crysx

Nice, but it makes linux more like windows Cheesy

(i.e. distributing the shared libraries with every program makes them... well... no longer shared)
it's the only way to be sure binary blobs will work regardless dependencies and local versions of shared libs...
btw, you shouldn't install binary blobs anyway if you don't trust the source or if you are an open source evangelist...

Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: