Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347501 times)
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

Good youtube video...I'm going to try that. Smiley

EDIT: No green wire...all black.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
Got to get the schematic  of course not supplied  to do this.
Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.

a loooooooooooooong time ago (by the technology time scale) ;-)
I remember the schematics were on some TVs and pocket radios in the eighties.
Yes, but in the 70's everything had it. Smiley
Here is one feature that psu has.

CircuitShield™ - Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP), Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Surge & Inrush Protection (SIP), No Load Operation (NLO) & Brown-Out Protection (BOP)
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:29:28 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 03:41:24 PM by Cryptozillah

does anyone known what this is extranonce.subscribe and how to get rid of it

You can run ccminer with the -e switch to turn it off.
-e I don't know what that is.
sp do you have the latest readme file on ccminer ?
Ps contributions coming soon.  Wink
Got my new rig working again with 2  750ti....2 980ti .
EDIT: Electrical power line went down yesterday and burn out my new rig......... f#@&............ it will have to wait. Undecided

did you have some kind of power protection on that rig?
Didn't even have a chance to set that up......a long story short... didn't have the money to buy one yet.
I think its the mb.... I have a second on that I will be putting on the rig. Undecided

you can make a quick power protection box by using an old UPS, even with broken battery and low capacity, if it has some "surge protection only" plugs.
Ok I have a power protection but wasn't plugged in... it's a long story.

But I need to know if it is the psu or the mb.  Need to check the psu first.
EDIT: It is plugged into a watt meter but?
At this point I can't get it to start with crossing the power pins.

Sorry to hear about that.

Depending on your power supply and/or country I use this to test dead supplies. I have about 3 in my closet. Hope it helps if you have never seen or heard of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcWCrYpw3Y

USE extreme caution

Got to get the schematic  of course not supplied  to do this.
Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.
The terminals are always the same on all psu:s: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=394
So if the cables are all black just make sure you shortcut the right connectors and it will fire up right away if it is not broken.

edit.
Also found this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/lightbox/post/20663594/id/1687585
If you have a Antec HCP-1300 Platinum psu there you have it black on white Smiley
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

Got to get the schematic  of course not supplied  to do this.
Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.

Some PSUs come with a dummy plug:

but as said above it's the same for all PSUs; it's always the 4th wire connected to any of the ground wires.

Not your keys, not your coins!
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:13:02 PM

EDIT: Electrical power line went down yesterday and burn out my new rig......... f#@&............ it will have to wait. Undecided

Didn't even have a chance to set that up......a long story short... didn't have the money to buy one yet.
I think its the mb.... I have a second on that I will be putting on the rig. Undecided

you can make a quick power protection box by using an old UPS, even with broken battery and low capacity, if it has some "surge protection only" plugs.

Depending on your power supply and/or country I use this to test dead supplies. I have about 3 in my closet. Hope it helps if you have never seen or heard of this.

USE extreme caution

Ps for all you young people  they use to supply the schematics for every piece of electronics you would buy.
The terminals are always the same on all psu:s: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=394
So if the cables are all black just make sure you shortcut the right connectors and it will fire up right away if it is not broken.

edit.
Also found this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/lightbox/post/20663594/id/1687585
If you have a Antec HCP-1300 Platinum psu there you have it black on white Smiley
Thx it was very easy to test. It's dead.  ANTEC is now on my list as absolute GARBAGE.   Angry
And if it burned out my graphics cards.... Shocked
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:17:39 PM

USE extreme caution

edit.
Thx it was very easy to test. It's dead.  ANTEC is now on my list as absolute GARBAGE.   Angry
Ah too bad :/
Did you have any fans or something connected to it during the test ?
The built in fan in most new psu:s wont start running until you put some serious load on it. So if you jump start it and the fan stands still in the psu that might be it.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:22:10 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:49:33 PM by tbearhere

Ah too bad :/
Did you have any fans or something connected to it during the test ?
The built in fan in most new psu:s wont start running until you put some serious load on it. So if you jump start it and the fan stands still in the psu that might be it.
[/quote]
Yes true so I checked one 12 volt rail but got nothing. Fan didn't turn by design. And it should show 1 watt on my watt meter but nothing.

Free replacement. Smiley
Jamsheed

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:54:27 PM

wow! that is great.
CoffeeCat

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:05:15 AM

So perhaps this is a bit off topic, but you guys seem like a knowledge group. Are the 750 ti's the most power efficient of the of the Maxwell cards? Thanks.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 02:51:19 AM

So perhaps this is a bit off topic, but you guys seem like a knowledge group. Are the 750 ti's the most power efficient of the of the Maxwell cards? Thanks.

YES--

The 750ti cards are still the best power-wise.  The 970 cards produce a good ratio of hash per card, so setup expense is lower. as fewer cards + motherboards and hardware are required for any specific hash rate.  A 750ti rig can be built inexpensively, too, if you shop carefully.  It will use the least elecricity per card, generally.

Hardware review websites and forums will draw up detailed comparison charts, check the google results.

I am hoping that a 950ti will be released that changes the game; a card faster than a 750ti and that uses less or the same power.      --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:29:47 AM

It greatly depends on where you live; for me the 970s are the best choice by far even if I only go for 4 x 970 per rig, but of course I also add 2 x 750 Ti.
While a 6 card 750 Ti rig looks great on paper, you can't really disregard the price of the whole PC itself (mb+cpu+memory+hdd+psu) which all adds up, disrupting the efficiency/ROI of a 6x750Ti rig. But of course YMMV.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:47:44 AM

It greatly depends on where you live; for me the 970s are the best choice by far even if I only go for 4 x 970 per rig, but of course I also add 2 x 750 Ti.
While a 6 card 750 Ti rig looks great on paper, you can't really disregard the price of the whole PC itself (mb+cpu+memory+hdd+psu) which all adds up, disrupting the efficiency/ROI of a 6x750Ti rig. But of course YMMV.

ill be building a 6 x gigabyte 980ti g1 miner very shortly ( when the funds allow ) and will have the results in comparison to the 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp miner ...

this should give an indication ( hashrate also ) of how efficient these two machines are ... admittedly - ccminer-spmod - it will be a huge hashrate difference - but power efficiency will be the question with this - not hashrate ...

i am actually hardpressed to believe that the 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp miner would not be more efficient than the 6 x gigabyte 980ti g1 system ... even if all the computer power consumption is taken into effect ...

obviously this is not using the 970 as you specified - but i dont think thefarm will be upgraded to the 970 card - so i couldnt test that anyway ...

#crysx

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:33:53 AM

ill be building a 6 x gigabyte 980ti g1 miner very shortly ( when the funds allow ) and will have the results in comparison to the 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp miner ...

this should give an indication ( hashrate also ) of how efficient these two machines are ... admittedly - ccminer-spmod - it will be a huge hashrate difference - but power efficiency will be the question with this - not hashrate ...

i am actually hardpressed to believe that the 6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp miner would not be more efficient than the 6 x gigabyte 980ti g1 system ... even if all the computer power consumption is taken into effect ...

obviously this is not using the 970 as you specified - but i dont think thefarm will be upgraded to the 970 card - so i couldnt test that anyway ...

#crysx

As I said it depends on how much you can get your hands on certain cards. To me for example a 980 Ti rig (or even just a 980 non-Ti rig) would be suicidal. And then again putting 6 of those cards into one rig would require a very pricey PSU unless you don't care about RMA time or resell value, or don't mind using two PSUs which I personally refuse to do.

In my personal case 960s are sligthly more efficient than 970s and 750 Ti's but I decided to only use 2 types of cards in order to simplify things so I'm only buying 970s and 750 Ti's until Pascal comes along which allows me to know the efficiency of the cards depending on the algo without having to calculate it. More cards would just complicate things.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 06:38:21 AM

#crysx

As I said it depends on how much you can get your hands on certain cards. To me for example a 980 Ti rig (or even just a 980 non-Ti rig) would be suicidal. And then again putting 6 of those cards into one rig would require a very pricey PSU unless you don't care about RMA time or resell value, or don't mind using two PSUs which I personally refuse to do.

In my personal case 960s are sligthly more efficient than 970s and 750 Ti's but I decided to only use 2 types of cards in order to simplify things so I'm only buying 970s and 750 Ti's until Pascal comes along which allows me to know the efficiency of the cards depending on the algo without having to calculate it. More cards would just complicate things.

understood ...

the psu count IS a pain in the backside - especially due to the fact that not is it more power - but a lot more space required to run them ...

thefarm itself being upgraded to the 980ti g1 is highly unlikely ... ONE miner for testing and high level hashing - possibly ...

i too am waiting on the pascal chips / architecture to hit the market - but even then - the cost would be iitially a great deal until they settle in the market and drop to a price for general use ...

so you think the 960 cards are better value? ... ill look into this and see what we can get them for here in australia ...

tanx bathrobehero ...

btw - i have not ever really looked heavily into the resale value of any of the cards - as you can never really get back anywhere near what was originally paid for them ... i usually average it out at less than half of the original cost for resale - IF i ever resell them ...

#crysx

dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:58:54 AM

Using 2 PSUs with USB powered risers + http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Add2PSU-Multiple-Power-Supply-Adapter/1743678544.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.oKvSMv&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9 is very simple and secure in my eyes.

I've been using this setup for something like half year.

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:12:53 AM

#crysx

understood ...

the psu count IS a pain in the backside - especially due to the fact that not is it more power - but a lot more space required to run them ...

thefarm itself being upgraded to the 980ti g1 is highly unlikely ... ONE miner for testing and high level hashing - possibly ...

i too am waiting on the pascal chips / architecture to hit the market - but even then - the cost would be iitially a great deal until they settle in the market and drop to a price for general use ...

so you think the 960 cards are better value? ... ill look into this and see what we can get them for here in australia ...

tanx bathrobehero ...

btw - i have not ever really looked heavily into the resale value of any of the cards - as you can never really get back anywhere near what was originally paid for them ... i usually average it out at less than half of the original cost for resale - IF i ever resell them ...

#crysx

Resell value is important to me since I realised how much the 780 Ti's dropped when Maxwell arrived and how much of a stigma is associated with GPUs used for mining (mostly because of careless AMD miners) which I always disclose.
I built up a reputable seller status on a couple of sites and I always take good care of my cards (low temp target, no +voltage, no max fan speeds, regular maintenance, etc) so if things rapidly change I can get rid of all my cards fairly easily.

Using 2 PSUs with USB powered risers + http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Add2PSU-Multiple-Power-Supply-Adapter/1743678544.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.oKvSMv&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9 is very simple and secure in my eyes.

I just don't feel comfortable using two PSUs with one rig even if it's reportedly mostly safe. In fact I tend to spend way too much on high quality PSUs but they tend to keep their value pretty well so it's not that much of a loss long term (especially if you get a beast with 10 years of warranty).
I'm planning to look into some server grade PSUs since even high capacity ones are dirt cheap comperatively (just take a look at ebay for example). A friend of mine with an oscilloscope already offered to check them out for their power delivery quality but I'm at the limit of what I can currently draw so it'll have to wait. Though, I'm curious if anyone ever used server grade high capacity PSUs for mining.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:53:38 AM

#crysx

understood ...

tanx bathrobehero ...

#crysx

Resell value is important to me since I realised how much the 780 Ti's dropped when Maxwell arrived and how much of a stigma is associated with GPUs used for mining (mostly because of careless AMD miners) which I always disclose.
I built up a reputable seller status on a couple of sites and I always take good care of my cards (low temp target, no +voltage, no max fan speeds, regular maintenance, etc) so if things rapidly change I can get rid of all my cards fairly easily.

I just don't feel comfortable using two PSUs with one rig even if it's reportedly mostly safe. In fact I tend to spend way too much on high quality PSUs but they tend to keep their value pretty well so it's not that much of a loss long term (especially if you get a beast with 10 years of warranty).
I'm planning to look into some server grade PSUs since even high capacity ones are dirt cheap comperatively (just take a look at ebay for example). A friend of mine with an oscilloscope already offered to check them out for their power delivery quality but I'm at the limit of what I can currently draw so it'll have to wait. Though, I'm curious if anyone ever used server grade high capacity PSUs for mining.

i tend to agree with you on the resale value of good quality maintained stock ... i am the same with taking care of the cards - especially with maintenance ... anyone that knows me knows how i am with the servicing and maintenance of the equipment i have ... though people here wouldnt for obvious reasons Smiley ... between the high end servers and thefarm - i am equipped to run a mid size corporate ... im not even joking in the slightest ... so i do understand and appreciate where you are coming from ...

i just dont care too much for resale when it comes to these things ... as they lose value regardless of how they are maintained - its just a matter of how much they will lose in value when they are being resold - if they are resold ...

in anycase - i hope that pans for you in the long term ... its a good way to keep upgrading and staying ontop of the current technologies ...

as for the psu setup ... ALL of farmamd required dual psu systems ... ALL of systems have been running non-stop for at least two years ... only now did i require to pull farmamd down for warranty repairs - only to find most of the cards are not warranted any longer ...

so the setup itself didnt kill the cards - infact quite the opposite - farmamd has been running really well for most of this time ... it was always the external issue - like power outages and heat and actual failures in the fan systems gigabyte have ...

i should be back online with the amd cards as soon as i get them back ... in a few weeks ...

#crysx

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:30:22 PM

[...] Though, I'm curious if anyone ever used server grade high capacity PSUs for mining.

Just about everyone that has an old enough history of using ASIC miners.  Smiley
Here's one random such reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135.0

Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:29:49 PM

I have been thinking about buying some server psu:s many times but always ended up giving it up when i pictured one psu having a meltdown and taking like 10-15 gpu:s with it.
I think they are more suited for use with asics really.
CoffeeCat

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:43:47 PM

#crysx

I have a motherboard that has five PCI slots (two PCI's are the small version). It didn't like four 750 Ti's, but was fine with three 750 Ti's and 960. Do you think this is a Windows thing out of curiosity?
Cryptozillah

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:48:12 PM

#crysx

I have a motherboard that has five PCI slots (two PCI's are the small version). It didn't like four 750 Ti's, but was fine with three 750 Ti's and 960. Do you think this is a Windows thing out of curiosity?
Did you plug in all cards in at the same time ?
When using windows i always start installing the cards in the pci-e port nearest the cpu. And then adding more cards one by one as long as they get detected by windows. Sometimes it can be a real hazzle before windows find all cards, i even have to move cards around on the pci-e ports to get all cards going. So, plugging all four cards in there and installing the graphics driver will probably not work right away.
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: