Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:07:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347501 times)
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:27:33 PM

what speed (x11 algo) will a 750ti hash at with the latest release?
X11 hashrate--
Release dot 74 should hash at 3.1MH/s or better on a 750ti.  This depends on the model, overclocking, etc. My EVGA 750ti SC (no 6-pin connector, single fan) gets 3.1 MH/s on Linux with no overclocking.
--scryptr
the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ( in thefarm - no aux power connector ) do on average 2800KH with x11 - stock on fedora 22 x64 cuda 7.5 ...
#crysx
Cuda 7.5 x86 build is doing 1.9 MHASH(750ti). And the 64bit build is around 10-15% slower than the x86 cuda 6.5 build.
can i safely assume this is windows sp? ...
the linux compiles are running better than the cuda6.5 compiles that i was building prior to the fedora 22 x64 upgrade ... and being x64 native - maybe that has something to do with it ...
i dont use anything x86 - unless they only come in i686 format on linux ... and there is no other option ( which is quite rare in linux ) ...
#crysx

This is windows. And with abit of overclocking you should be able to do 3,4MHASH stable. This is 600KHASH more than your linux setup. 22% faster.
If you move to windows your farm can produce 22% more coins. Smiley

i wont be doing that sp ...

the job would be more effort and cost to do - than to find a way to oc in linux ...

none of these cards have been put through any form of oc - and they have been running rock solid so far ...

but admittedly - you are correct in pointing out that 22% increase in hashrate is a lot ... but it is the pain of windows that brings me to almost tears ... a single machine was bad enough ( which i have tested ) - a few machines was worse ( which i have tested also ) - thefarm under windows in its entirety would be a bloody nightmare ... not only for because its a graphical environment and not easily accessed or controlled unless you have a graphical environment access - but also because of the inhibiting cost of the os in the first place ... what ever i make in coins and convert to btc and convert to aud - will not cover the cost of the software alone ...

so again - the nvidia drivers are advancing in the linux arena ( dont forget - its nvidia thats holding this back - not linux distros ) and when they reach the stage where it will be easy to implement these commands within the miner parameters - i may oc the cards at that stage ... until then - ill suffer a 22% hit with thefarm ...

i know you are providing sound advice - but no else has to do the maintenance on thefarm but me ... and im not willing to go to that extreme ... and believe me - as simple as most people say windows is to maintain and so on - they do NOT have thefarm to contend with when it comes service / maintenance / updates / upgrades ...

with linux - its about 1 / 5 th the time with windows - and at least 7 times more powerful with bash / sh ... all from the arm chair or cafe or android fone - while drinking a coffee ...

i used to be that other person - the windows support guy ... no tanx Smiley ...

in any case - would you have any new updates coming about - or major increase in private miners that you want to sell? ...

especially if they are x11 - quark - neoscrypt - lyra2v2 ... Smiley ...

tanx sp ...

#crysx

Dude, put in the time to OC them on Linux. Yes, it's a pain, but it's worth the boredom.

ill look more into it - but nvidia themselves are not really interested in giving oc access to 750ti cards ... only their higher end cards ...

btw - the nvidia test machine will be monday to play around with all that unfortunately wolf ...

so maybe then - but i will DEFINITELY require a good read researching and a lotta help with the oc side ...

#crysx
How to change the bios on the 750ti.
Chris went from ~245kh/s scrypt to ~330kh/s scrypt  for a comparison ... so that is about 25% more on the hashrate. Smiley

Cudamining Unleashed             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr4dbfNhFTI
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:28:57 PM

X11 hashrate--
Release dot 74 should hash at 3.1MH/s or better on a 750ti.  This depends on the model, overclocking, etc. My EVGA 750ti SC (no 6-pin connector, single fan) gets 3.1 MH/s on Linux with no overclocking.
--scryptr
the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ( in thefarm - no aux power connector ) do on average 2800KH with x11 - stock on fedora 22 x64 cuda 7.5 ...
#crysx
Cuda 7.5 x86 build is doing 1.9 MHASH(750ti). And the 64bit build is around 10-15% slower than the x86 cuda 6.5 build.
the linux compiles are running better than the cuda6.5 compiles that i was building prior to the fedora 22 x64 upgrade ... and being x64 native - maybe that has something to do with it ...
i dont use anything x86 - unless they only come in i686 format on linux ... and there is no other option ( which is quite rare in linux ) ...
#crysx

This is windows. And with abit of overclocking you should be able to do 3,4MHASH stable. This is 600KHASH more than your linux setup. 22% faster.

the job would be more effort and cost to do - than to find a way to oc in linux ...

none of these cards have been put through any form of oc - and they have been running rock solid so far ...

but admittedly - you are correct in pointing out that 22% increase in hashrate is a lot ... but it is the pain of windows that brings me to almost tears ... a single machine was bad enough ( which i have tested ) - a few machines was worse ( which i have tested also ) - thefarm under windows in its entirety would be a bloody nightmare ... not only for because its a graphical environment and not easily accessed or controlled unless you have a graphical environment access - but also because of the inhibiting cost of the os in the first place ... what ever i make in coins and convert to btc and convert to aud - will not cover the cost of the software alone ...

so again - the nvidia drivers are advancing in the linux arena ( dont forget - its nvidia thats holding this back - not linux distros ) and when they reach the stage where it will be easy to implement these commands within the miner parameters - i may oc the cards at that stage ... until then - ill suffer a 22% hit with thefarm ...

i know you are providing sound advice - but no else has to do the maintenance on thefarm but me ... and im not willing to go to that extreme ... and believe me - as simple as most people say windows is to maintain and so on - they do NOT have thefarm to contend with when it comes service / maintenance / updates / upgrades ...

with linux - its about 1 / 5 th the time with windows - and at least 7 times more powerful with bash / sh ... all from the arm chair or cafe or android fone - while drinking a coffee ...

in any case - would you have any new updates coming about - or major increase in private miners that you want to sell? ...

tanx sp ...

#crysx

Dude, put in the time to OC them on Linux. Yes, it's a pain, but it's worth the boredom.

ill look more into it - but nvidia themselves are not really interested in giving oc access to 750ti cards ... only their higher end cards ...

btw - the nvidia test machine will be monday to play around with all that unfortunately wolf ...

so maybe then - but i will DEFINITELY require a good read researching and a lotta help with the oc side ...

#crysx
Chris went from ~245kh/s scrypt to ~330kh/s scrypt  for a comparison ... so that is about 25% more on the hashrate. Smiley

Here is a good article about how to do it http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:14:51 PM

X11 hashrate--
--scryptr
#crysx
#crysx

tanx sp ...

#crysx

#crysx

Here is a good article about how to do it http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/

GPU overvoltage is risky, not many cards have a good PCB/VRM/Refrigeration to deal about this, not every card is a HOF  Grin
Considering 24/7 usage in full load, the chances of losing the card with this are big.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

X11 hashrate--
--scryptr
#crysx
#crysx

tanx sp ...

#crysx

#crysx

GPU overvoltage is risky, not many cards have a good PCB/VRM/Refrigeration to deal about this, not every card is a HOF  Grin
Considering 24/7 usage in full load, the chances of losing the card with this are big.

Very good point, they emphasize that in the article as well
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:58:36 PM

Does this mean anything for mining PC? As far as i understood, our problem is other way round where we need to use 2 PSUs in one PC.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/phanteks-shows-power-splitter-with-isolated-dual-system-technology.html
CoffeeCat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:07:22 PM

The Lyra2v2 timings are depended on a good coreclock/memclock and boostclock (no trottle'ing)
The problem is when I mod a kernal to run fast on the 960, it might hurt the 970 performance.
When I mod a kernal to use more power, cards with little power will start to trottle.

The cryptomining blog has compared the 20 last sp-mod versions on the gtx 970:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ccminer-spmod-gtx-970.jpg

What clocks would you recommend for 750 ti and a 980? I thought I remember someone here saying that memory clocks didn't make that much of a difference. Thanks.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 07:34:53 PM

Does this mean anything for mining PC? As far as i understood, our problem is other way round where we need to use 2 PSUs in one PC.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/phanteks-shows-power-splitter-with-isolated-dual-system-technology.html

PHANTEKS SYSTEM --

Conceivably, you could run two low-power systems with one 1200W PSU.  Perhaps 2 x motherboards with 4-6 low end 750ti cards each.       --scrypter

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
kangjooe

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:38:04 PM

hello guys... i'm new to this and seek for some advice for mining BTC.

currently i'm using ccminer-1.5.74-git-spmod with bat like this:
Code:
ccminer.exe --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:11111 -u username -p password
pause

i'm joining multipool. but with that setting, i'm not mining BTC but DRK instead. (Dask pools Stats)...   Huh

my spec: i7 2600K @ 4.4 Ghz / GTX 970 jetstream (Default) / 12 GB RAM / Win 10 x64
pool: multipool
try to mining: BTC

so do i have to change pool? or ccminer version? or simply change the setting.bat? i need some advice...

thanks before  Grin
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 09:33:42 PM

anyway - as for the overclocking side ... i think i will take wolfs advice and take another look into it next week week ... the next 3days for me is incredibly busy ...

Linux vs Windows, cuda 6.5 vs 7.5, x86 vs x86_64. Holy crap hasn't this been hashed and rehashed over and over again?

From my experience mining on Windows or Linux produces the same hash rates everything else being equal. However,
I have noticed that Windows hashing slows more due to other activity, in particular logging in remotely with ssh.
I haven't tried cuda 7.5 on either OS but the hashrates you reported on cuda 7.5 is significantly slower that I get with 6.5
on Linux or Windows. I conclude 7.5 is equally slow on both OS's.

32 vs 64 bit is not about the OS but about how ccminer is compiled. Compiling for 32 bit tends to be a little more efficient
when dealing with mostly 32 bit arithmetic.

Overclocking on Linux has been discussed at length in this thread, including getting it to work headless. Search for
"cooolbits" for everything you need to know.

id like to say that i totally agree with you joblo - but i dont ... as the systems i have running are showing the complete opposite of what you are stating ...

coolbits and oc are NOT working as they should on the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards i have running ... investigation into this lead me to conclude that ( and i did read this on the nvidia site ) that the support is not currently implemented in the drivers ( cuda and video drivers ) as of yet - and is only available for the higher end cards ...

the cuda 7.5 implementation i have compiling ccminer-spmod IS causing hashing as fast ( and slightly faster ) than cuda 6.5 compiles ...

im not trying to be obnoxious - its a fact ...

sp has these results of slower hashrate using c7.5 as you do - i dont ...

go figure ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:06:35 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 10:23:23 PM by sp_

What clocks would you recommend for 750 ti and a 980? I thought I remember someone here saying that memory clocks didn't make that much of a difference. Thanks.

You need to find out yourself. But I can give you a hint. The lyra2v2 can do 5.2MHASH@750ti with the sp-mod opensource kernal. But it won't do it with a gpu core of 1500MHASH, and intensity to the max. To mine with a profit you need to know your cards well. Changing the sourcecode in the kernals is not enough.

The opensource kernals kan perform 15-20% bether with a right config and overclocks.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:59:18 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 11:21:28 PM by joblo

anyway - as for the overclocking side ... i think i will take wolfs advice and take another look into it next week week ... the next 3days for me is incredibly busy ...

Linux vs Windows, cuda 6.5 vs 7.5, x86 vs x86_64. Holy crap hasn't this been hashed and rehashed over and over again?

From my experience mining on Windows or Linux produces the same hash rates everything else being equal. However,
I have noticed that Windows hashing slows more due to other activity, in particular logging in remotely with ssh.
I haven't tried cuda 7.5 on either OS but the hashrates you reported on cuda 7.5 is significantly slower that I get with 6.5
on Linux or Windows. I conclude 7.5 is equally slow on both OS's.

32 vs 64 bit is not about the OS but about how ccminer is compiled. Compiling for 32 bit tends to be a little more efficient
when dealing with mostly 32 bit arithmetic.

Overclocking on Linux has been discussed at length in this thread, including getting it to work headless. Search for
"cooolbits" for everything you need to know.

id like to say that i totally agree with you joblo - but i dont ... as the systems i have running are showing the complete opposite of what you are stating ...

coolbits and oc are NOT working as they should on the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards i have running ... investigation into this lead me to conclude that ( and i did read this on the nvidia site ) that the support is not currently implemented in the drivers ( cuda and video drivers ) as of yet - and is only available for the higher end cards ...

the cuda 7.5 implementation i have compiling ccminer-spmod IS causing hashing as fast ( and slightly faster ) than cuda 6.5 compiles ...

im not trying to be obnoxious - its a fact ...

sp has these results of slower hashrate using c7.5 as you do - i dont ...

go figure ...

#crysx

I know coolbits doesn't work. Flash your GPUs.

I'm not willing to go as far as flashing FW but coolbits worked for me.

Crysx, I don't think you are being obnoxious, just maybe a little stubborn. Your results are counter to others in
two ways that are contradictory. First you say Cuda 7.5 is faster than 6.5, while it's the reverse for everyone else.
But then your 7.5 hash rate (2800) is lower than others' 6.5 hash rate (3100). Putting both of those facts together
and your 6.5 hash rate would be even lower than 2800.

In order to accept your facts I would have to believe three things:

1. your particular 750ti's can't perform to the same level as any others,
2. for some unique reason you don't suffer the 10% loss in performance between 6.5 and 7.5 that anyone else experiences,
3. it's just a coincidence that your hash rates are lower by the same amount of degradation expected between 6.5 and 7.5.

If it was happening to me and potentially costing me 300 KH per card I'd want to get to the bottom of it.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:34:11 AM

getting coolbits to work on linux does require some legwork but it does work headless at least on driver version 346.59 + Cuda 6.5

I just ran 2x Gigabyte WF GTX 750ti cards to their max on lyra2v2. I can't get much past 1358 MHZ core clock and +100 MHz mem clock without them crashing on Win 10: 32 bit, Release 66.  Best I could do was 4900 kH/s.  Once I start actively using the computer, the card that displays on the monitor crashes.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:48:52 PM

getting coolbits to work on linux does require some legwork but it does work headless at least on driver version 346.59 + Cuda 6.5

I just ran 2x Gigabyte WF GTX 750ti cards to their max on lyra2v2. I can't get much past 1358 MHZ core clock and +100 MHz mem clock without them crashing on Win 10: 32 bit, Release 66.  Best I could do was 4900 kH/s.  Once I start actively using the computer, the card that displays on the monitor crashes.

If you want to clock higher you need to modify the tdp in the bios from 38W to 63W. And you probobly need powered risers/or cards with a 6pin power / or motherboards with extra power.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 05:28:19 PM

If you want to clock higher you need to modify the tdp in the bios from 38W to 63W. And you probobly need powered risers/or cards with a 6pin power / or motherboards with extra power.

I had one ETH mining rig with 3x750ti. With ubuntu 14.04, cuda 7.0 or 7.5 and 35?. drivers overclocking was easily done. Genoil cudaminer thread where I found all the info I needed.

Hashbrown, you have 32-bit W10? Or 32-bit ccminer?
impulse2000

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:49:04 PM

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/11/27/prx.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/11/27/csq.png
hashbrown9000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:02:41 PM

yes, all of my gigabyte windforce models have the power-limiter mod to 64 watts instead of 38.

@antantti, yes two of the gigabyte cards are in my daily win 10: 32 bit machine, running release 66 of ccminer.  the rest are running under kopiemtu (Lubuntu 14.10 - 64 bit) USB install.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:51:14 PM

yes, all of my gigabyte windforce models have the power-limiter mod to 64 watts instead of 38.

@antantti, yes two of the gigabyte cards are in my daily win 10: 32 bit machine, running release 66 of ccminer.  the rest are running under kopiemtu (Lubuntu 14.10 - 64 bit) USB install.

Ok, you running 32-bit operating system. There must be a good reason for that?
hammer24p

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:37:46 PM

can you flash 750 non ti to 750 ti and what do you change
hashbrown9000

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:51:30 AM

only reason for win 10- 32 bit was that i already had win 7- 32 bit and the upgrade to 10 was free. the 3GB RAM limitation is really killing me though. firefox and even chrome are such memory hogs.

as for flashing from non-ti to ti, i'm not sure you could do that.  i think non-ti has 512 cuda cores, and ti has 640 cores.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
CoffeeCat

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:21:45 AM

You need to find out yourself. But I can give you a hint. The lyra2v2 can do 5.2MHASH@750ti with the sp-mod opensource kernal. But it won't do it with a gpu core of 1500MHASH, and intensity to the max. To mine with a profit you need to know your cards well. Changing the sourcecode in the kernals is not enough.

The opensource kernals kan perform 15-20% bether with a right config and overclocks.

Um... thanks?
Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: