Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376902 times)
cryptofunk

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:43:50 PM

With a brand Paycoin/Paybase w.e  in such deep water, with such negativity from the community that will inevitably be their niche market, why/how do people believe this is worth anything at all?

The idea is that only trolls and haters are the problem for Paycoin/Paybase. Once grandmas and grandpas - who presumably don't read Reddit or Coinfire - start using it everything will be fine.

Trouble is that I don't see any added value this would offer to anybody, let alone the piss-poor track record of promises vs implementation.

I agree with you, why would anyone buy into it at the moment for anything else than its speculative value.  

Even for me, why would I even bother with a credit/debit card?  My credit card is free and my bank account doesn't charge me to pay all the bills I want... the ONLY reason I could be tempted to use it would be to use my BTC anywhere I want, I personally would NEVER go into the hassle of buying XPY (on credit card?!) to having it end up on a debit card... Seriously, who came out with that business model?  It will all go through the same terminal, it will be subject to the same fees... Even if merchant accept it online without fees, how much do you really expect to save?  Pennies on the dollar?  Seems like a lot of work and hassle to save pennies.

To me, it only makes sense for people that have BTC and want convenience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:44:04 PM

The only thing I see is the infighting in the community whether it is directed at GAW or any other crypto company. This really does show the world that crypto is far from ready to be mainstream. Once the infighting stops then people will start to pay attention and this is not because it was directed to GAW. The publications on that website with all the numerous articles about crypto stand out and have some good information but it is completely diminished with the infighting that some of those articles do and the GAW article is not the only one.

You're making it sound like there is no "infighting" in the "mainstream". There is criticism and sharp opinions everywhere, as there should be. Making every site publish only company press releases wouldn't make the problems go away, unless you would like to argue that there are no problems with GAW. Face it, the CEO was caught lying and pumping and scrubbing, so getting some flack on the interwebs is not entirely unexpected. We're not in October anymore when all those pesky "proof of mining" questions could have been labeled as trolls making unreasonable demands to an innovative company. There are far more serious questions now.

How about this one? Better?

http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-miners-paycoin-disappearing-20-floor/

Yes I read it and he really believed he could deliver the $20 floor. And from what I see he intends to keep that promise. How he intends to do this is still unclear. But this could be an indication. https://hashtalk.org/topic/28364/

Daffy, why are you betting so hard on these guys? You sound like a knowledgable IT guy to me. Can't you tell these guys barely know what the fuck they're doing and I'm not talking about any of the "failed promise" antics, I'm just talking purely from a technical perspective: they are absolutely incompetent.

I mean, what did you really think of that pathetic Paybase release?
wdl1908

Activity: 411

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:04:31 PM

why are you betting so hard on these guys?

I don't know because the idea of a complete platform appeals to me. Because this is the first cloud staking platform?
I mined a block of BTC in 2010 and promptly forgot about it until it spiked in november 2013 I have invested these in numerous stuff and never got any good return from it. I bought a hosted war machine from GAW for $6999 in BTC and when the price dropped the next day I complained and got a partial refund for that. Then came the hashlets and the return was good. it went downhill from there because of diff changes and BTC price tanking. I already had a break even and reinvested everything again. I really don't care If I get any return from this but I like the idea of cloud staking and the direction that GAW is going.

You sound like a knowledgable IT guy to me. Can't you tell these guys barely know what the fuck they're doing and I'm not talking about any of the "failed promise" antics, I'm just talking purely from a technical perspective: they are absolutely incompetent.

Zencloud first.
They made bad choices about the platform From what I can see this is based on nodejs. Now I did some developement in nodejs and could see immediately that the single thread stuff would cause large problems with performance unless very strong measures where taken like running multiple instances and very big load balancing. Second bad choise was the DB backend I suspect from all the errors and mistakes they are using nosql instead of a proper transactional DB. nosql and relations are a big nono it takes too much programing to maintain referential integrity. I think they finally changed the DB backend a few months ago and since then it has been stable. But it is still nodejs.

Paybase is supposedly developed by an outside company they choose PHP as a frontend so I expect them to use something more stable and more robust as a backend mysql or postgresql. Paybase is by no means complete or what it should have been it feels like something thrown together at the last minute. (Indie developers?)

They are really young in development and implementation but they are learning fast. And they are trying to do good for their customers even though they make a lot of mistakes.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:05:25 PM

Eagerly awaiting the lid to blow off this story.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
cryptofunk

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:08:43 PM

The only thing I see is the infighting in the community whether it is directed at GAW or any other crypto company. This really does show the world that crypto is far from ready to be mainstream. Once the infighting stops then people will start to pay attention and this is not because it was directed to GAW. The publications on that website with all the numerous articles about crypto stand out and have some good information but it is completely diminished with the infighting that some of those articles do and the GAW article is not the only one.

You're making it sound like there is no "infighting" in the "mainstream". There is criticism and sharp opinions everywhere, as there should be. Making every site publish only company press releases wouldn't make the problems go away, unless you would like to argue that there are no problems with GAW. Face it, the CEO was caught lying and pumping and scrubbing, so getting some flack on the interwebs is not entirely unexpected. We're not in October anymore when all those pesky "proof of mining" questions could have been labeled as trolls making unreasonable demands to an innovative company. There are far more serious questions now.

Yes I read it and he really believed he could deliver the $20 floor. And from what I see he intends to keep that promise. How he intends to do this is still unclear. But this could be an indication. https://hashtalk.org/topic/28364/

Let's talk about this for a second, you're an admin there, you know how the forum works.

There's no draft feature on HT, there's no reason for this post to come out with a subject like that if it wasn't intentional.  It could have been labeled a mistake if it had been re-posted an hour or two after the fact (it needed editing, etc..) but there hasn't been any new post, you don't think it's funny?  You don't put this in the subject field, click submit and go yikes I really didn't want to post that, I just wanted it to sit in my browser for the next 72 hours... right!
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

I don't know because the idea of a complete platform appeals to me. Because this is the first cloud staking platform?
I mined a block of BTC in 2010 and promptly forgot about it until it spiked in november 2013 I have invested these in numerous stuff and never got any good return from it. I bought a hosted war machine from GAW for $6999 in BTC and when the price dropped the next day I complained and got a partial refund for that. Then came the hashlets and the return was good. it went downhill from there because of diff changes and BTC price tanking. I already had a break even and reinvested everything again. I really don't care If I get any return from this but I like the idea of cloud staking and the direction that GAW is going.

You sound like a knowledgable IT guy to me. Can't you tell these guys barely know what the fuck they're doing and I'm not talking about any of the "failed promise" antics, I'm just talking purely from a technical perspective: they are absolutely incompetent.

Zencloud first.
They made bad choices about the platform From what I can see this is based on nodejs. Now I did some developement in nodejs and could see immediately that the single thread stuff would cause large problems with performance unless very strong measures where taken like running multiple instances and very big load balancing. Second bad choise was the DB backend I suspect from all the errors and mistakes they are using nosql instead of a proper transactional DB. nosql and relations are a big nono it takes too much programing to maintain referential integrity. I think they finally changed the DB backend a few months ago and since then it has been stable. But it is still nodejs.

Paybase is supposedly developed by an outside company they choose PHP as a frontend so I expect them to use something more stable and more robust as a backend mysql or postgresql. Paybase is by no means complete or what it should have been it feels like something thrown together at the last minute. (Indie developers?)

They are really young in development and implementation but they are learning fast. And they are trying to do good for their customers even though they make a lot of mistakes.

Developers "really young in development and implementation" are not getting $100M in backing. People putting up big dollars have people w/ lots of relevant credentials to conduct techy due diligence before forking over cash.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:11:17 PM

Josh is a master scammer who's going to jail very soon.
They dont treat scammers nicely in jail either.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:13:36 PM

Seriously? regardless of where the articles was posted on CT the article is clearly labeled an opinion piece.

Concerning Garza, TNABC and Bitcoin Media: ‘Down with Everything Associated with Anyone’ (Op-Ed)

Opinion or news does it really matter it is still a call to arms and an invitation to riot.

Calling people to stand against a company scamming people is bad how exactly?

And people keep wondering why the crypto industry is failing.

According to what metric? The getting rich quick metric? Or are you just regurgitating the garbage your cult leader makes up to sell his shitcoin?

News flash, the crypto industry is not failing, in fact it's growing at an incredible rate. You're just too entrenched in your religion of getting rich quick to see that.

No established company is eager to step in that hornest nest.

No established companies besides Microsoft, Overstock, Newegg, Paypal, Namecheap, Virgin Galactic, and so on.

The problem is not the "infighting". The problem is with companies like GAW fleecing the gullible and financially ignorant.

The ONLY reason you have such a gripe with CT/other btc news sites is because they aren't actively pumping your get rich quick scheme.
I was going to reply to all of Daffy's delusions, but Jimmothy already did so well! Notice how Daffy has not once mentioned his post? I remember arguing with Jimmothy some months ago when I bought in GAW with $80 lol. It seemed so good, then came crashing down so fast to 1 satoshi. I got paycoined.
wdl1908

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:15:03 PM

Let's talk about this for a second, you're an admin there, you know how the forum works.

There's no draft feature on HT, there's no reason for this post to come out with a subject like that if it wasn't intentional.  It could have been labeled a mistake if had been re-posted an hour or two after the fact (it needed editing, etc..) but there hasn't been any new post, you don't think it's funny?  You don't put this in the subject field, click submit and go yikes I really didn't want to post that, I just wanted it to sit in my browser for the next 72 hours... right!

Yeah it just could be intentional.

But he made that mistake several times already. Trying to type and format an announcement before he is ready to publish it and then made the mistake of clicking the wrong button we have seen this before several times.

WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:16:03 PM

Sweet, Daffy! Now people can 6x their money instead of just 4-5xing it! Cryptodouble is such a scam though I'm glad HT members are ddosing it. Double your money in 100 hours? WHAT A SCAM.

Meanwhile, in psycho-land (catchy I know). There is no volume at all except when they released CC's, which we now are finding out is complete fraud on Stripe, their payment processor. Why nobody buying such useful Paycoin2?

JoostB

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:18:39 PM

Zencloud first.

Developers "really young in development and implementation" are not getting $100M in backing. People putting up big dollars have people w/ lots of relevant credentials to conduct techy due diligence before forking over cash.

Why do you think they have $100M in backing? Because Josh says so?
Maybe they made some money by selling all the hardware that belonged to the people who were mining over there, but no way this can ever be $100M.
jimmothy

Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

I really don't care If I get any return from this but I like the idea of cloud staking and the direction that GAW is going.

Be honest. You don't give two shits about "cloud staking". You only care about the returns. Everyone who has ever invested in any of GAW's get rich quick schemes only cares about the returns.
cryptofunk

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:22:19 PM

There's no draft feature on HT, there's no reason for this post to come out with a subject like that if it wasn't intentional.  It could have been labeled a mistake if had been re-posted an hour or two after the fact (it needed editing, etc..) but there hasn't been any new post, you don't think it's funny?  You don't put this in the subject field, click submit and go yikes I really didn't want to post that, I just wanted it to sit in my browser for the next 72 hours... right!

Yeah it just could be intentional.

But he made that mistake several times already. Trying to type and format an announcement before he is ready to publish it and then made the mistake of clicking the wrong button we have seen this before several times.

I wish everybody would be able to carry a constructive discussion like you do, don't have to agree but can look at both sides of the coin.

Just sayin'
10BTCaDay

Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:23:39 PM

Zencloud first.

Maybe they made some money by selling all the hardware that belonged to the people who were mining over there, but no way this can ever be $100M.

In Gawminers and Zen cloud TOS it states that they can say anything and you shall not rely on it.
Josh will lie about anything and everything to scam more money out of people.

It looks like its all going to fall on him soon though.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
interstellar

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:23:50 PM

Zencloud first.

From a technical perspective you know a lot more than they do or probably ever will. Why don't you just run your own farm, buy some Spondoolies or whatever, and control your own fate? You actually have the technical expertise to do it, unlike these jokers. I bet you could probably actually wire an IP camera on the farm too (wow, that would be a first).

Unlike many of the hashtalkers, you are not someone who is only capable of "clicking amps" once a day to maximize your returns. You can actually do it.

I just don't understand the reason why people who are smart and competent are buying into this. Hell, I bet you could start your own coin too and it might actually have a new feature or two and not just be a total hype machine. You apparently can at least read the c++ wallet source code which is by far more than most on HT.
wdl1908

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:24:08 PM

I really don't care If I get any return from this but I like the idea of cloud staking and the direction that GAW is going.

Be honest. You don't give two shits about "cloud staking". You only care about the returns. Everyone who has ever invested in any of GAW's get rich quick schemes only cares about the returns.

I really don't care about returns I have never invested one cent of FIAT in anything crypto like i said I mined on block of BTC and that is it. If it give me returns I will be happy if is does not give me returns then so be it.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:26:11 PM

I think you misinterpreted my comment - I should have made it more clear; apologies for poor sarcasm usage. I DON'T think they have 100M.  I was pointing out an inconsistency: excuses/justifications for their suckage based on inexperience are incompatible, at least to me, with also believing they really had 100M USD in investor backing.
jimmothy

Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:28:34 PM

I really don't care about returns I have never invested one cent of FIAT in anything crypto like i said I mined on block of BTC and that is it. If it give me returns I will be happy if is does not give me returns then so be it.

Please do explain what part of "cloud staking" you care about other than the returns.

Cloud staking (like hashlets) really only consists of returns. There are no other features/functions.

It's all just numbers in a database changing as you are slowly given back part of your original investment.
JoostB

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:29:25 PM

I think you misinterpreted my comment - I should have made it more clear; apologies for poor sarcasm usage. I DON'T think they have 100M.  I was pointing out an inconsistency: excuses/justifications for their suckage based on inexperience are incompatible, at least to me, with also believing they really had 100M USD in investor backing.

Sorry for that, I misinterpreted it. English is not my native language.
interstellar

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:29:54 PM

Just sayin'

Oh jesus, don't do that. That reminds of redacted and his #JustSaying crap. lol.
Pages: « 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 [723] 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: