Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376885 times)
doogsan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

I like your post (especially business etics...) and dont want to comment on everything.

Just one thing: You quote "Paycoin is not a true crypto like X Y S" - Yes, maybe (only maybe) PayCoin potentially breakes some rules of traditional crypto, but still, I want to ask you why you think this is a bad thing?

Maybe PayCoin is exactly the vehicle the masses need to adopt. A leadership figure, a cult, a movement, a lot of sheeps who fight on all fronts driven by quite a few innovative heads. GAW has build a massive community by now backing up the coin and given they can master the technical challenges and have honest motives this thing can work out.

In the end, PayCoin has all features a crypto would need to succeed.  I say 60/40 - which imho is enough to try. Will it work? I dont know, but to be honest, you can loose all your money in every single crypto out there, the reason why you loose it doesnt matter. Worth the try - Bitcoin failed to impress me lately, not enough drive

Thanks...

The problem I have with ventures like the one being discussed in the fundamental flaw that seems to be overlooked in favor of some implied money potential - again legitimate or NOT. This fundamental flaw is the lack of true innovation under the guise of "marketed" innovation. Is a very old a basic marketing concept that was first reported as being used by the Romans and more recently (still 150 years go) by the traveling salesmen in the Wild West that had all the potions and cures to address any ailment. The video from Disney's "Pet's Dragon" that was posted a few pages back comically showing this process is actually pretty accurate.

Be personable, find out what the customer longs for, build a community consensus, and sell them what they want using terms like "new", "innovative", "greatest in the world", etc; regardless if whatever being sold is real, fake, or actually holds a value.

Basically, there is a psychology to this process and it is used both in commerce and by company leaders in the interaction with their employees. The college classes covering this are often called something along the lines of "Strategy, Change and Organizational Behavior Concepts".

At any rate, PayCoin may come across as offering the world to whomever GAW/Zen claims is supporting it (a much smaller number than most would assume), but many of the claims made have not been realized and most likely will never be realized. GAW/Zen's past history is a good indication of this.

Look between the lines, who is saying what on the GAW/Zen side, and most importantly, the past ACTIONS by those same individuals and the truth will surface fairly quickly.

Scott-

I agree with most of what you say except of GAW past history. They didnt deliver on everything they announced, but something like 60-70% which is more than most other companies in this area.

You have also a point here - I could read between the lines and most probably would find anything I want (Maybe they didnt mine: We have no proof; Maybe PayCoin is centralized: We have no proof; Maybe there is no backing fund: We have no proof etc)....

What I want to point out - PayCoin/ GAW has a big momentum now and this can have three possible outcomes:

1. Mass adoption of crypto
2. Failure and everybody looses everything (reason why it fails doesnt matter to me). This can also happen with every other coin/ business I build around a coin
3. Something in between

For the slightest chance going no.1 I am happy to provide some support.

Main "innovation" of PayCoin is the potential floor and a person who can mobilize masses. This was always the "knock-out" argument in every discussion I lead over the last years with different mainstream people/ businesses. They asked me: "When I buy a Bitcoin for 100$ today, who guarantees me it is worth 100$ tomorrow"? I always failed to deliver a satisfying answer for that. Average people need a transition period fiat->crypto where the value of their Coin is tied/ backed by a strong entitiy. GAW may be this entitiy.

Bitcoin/ all others Cryptos until now lack an entity which brings a guaranteed value so that Bob can sleep @night knowing his hard earned money isnt endangerd by price swings - this is imho one of the main hurdles for mainstream adoption.

That's under the assumption they care, which is highly doubtful. My guess is instead they'll abscond with the funds. But even if they do have the intention of following on this, I honestly don't think they can pull it off, too many people will start to succumb to doubts and start a selling cascade.

Crypto will survive this. Easily.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:16:38 PM

I don't know what it is, but I feel like he's desperate for some reason, and I'd love to know what it is.

I stand by my opinion that they are low on cash and have been since mid-October at least. Well they might have 75 BTC from HashStaker and oneminer.com sales to put up that "wall" on Cryptsy, but unless that order moves up right next to $25 it's just a gimmick so far. I doubt they have the capacity for the floor otherwise they'd just do it and make us eat out words (BTW what happened to that claim?) instead of pre-announcing it.
gefafwisp

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

widespread adoption of crypto by any means neccessary

Count me out of this pump&dump crap. Darwinism is fine with me.

We don't know if this is p&d yet do we? Where's the conclusive evidence? Stop making fuddy subjective statements.

Agree with you on the Darwinism thing tho.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:19:45 PM

We don't know if this is p&d yet do we?

Cheesy no mate, it's all business as usual.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

That's under the assumption they care, which is highly doubtful. My guess is instead they'll abscond with the funds. But even if they do have the intention of following on this, I honestly don't think they can pull it off, too many people will start to succumb to doubts and start a selling cascade.

He has an out he can use as an excuse to get away with this scam

... notice http://www.paycoin.com/ sells XPY for 20 usd a coin.
He could just say that he blew through all his investor capital and place the blame upon the haters and unloyal base selling pressure and that he would honor his promise that paycoin = 20USD by setting a minimum floor where the buy and sell order books on a his dead "exchange" cannot trade below 20USD thus fulfilling his obligation of 1 XPY= 20 USD.

We don't know if this is p&d yet do we? Where's the conclusive evidence? Stop making fuddy subjective statements.

We don't have to be 100% sure its a ponzi(practically impossible to be with their secrecy anyways) as we can critic them for their actions right now.

doogsan

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:21:45 PM

Nah, nothing to suggest an ordinary p & d. Lets stop being fuddy guys, lol
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:23:24 PM

Raskul (and bitpop) getting famous on HT...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25119/gaw-is-about-to-move-the-market/327
Izerian

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:23:50 PM

I haven't posted for a while... (With my reasons)

This is hilarious.
raskul

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:24:23 PM

He has an out he can use as an excuse to get away with this scam

... notice http://www.paycoin.com/ sells XPY for 20 usd a coin.
He could just say that he blew through all his investor capital and place the blame upon the haters and unloyal base selling pressure and that he would honor his promise that paycoin = 20USD by setting a minimum floor where the buy and sell order books on a his dead "exchange" cannot trade below 20USD thus fulfilling his obligation of 1 XPY= 20 USD.

We don't have to be 100% sure its a ponzi(practically impossible to be with their secrecy anyways) as we can critic them for their actions right now.

i'd like to put myself forwards to take some blame please, where do I sign?

/s

de_ixie

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:26:00 PM

I like your post (especially business etics...) and dont want to comment on everything.

Just one thing: You quote "Paycoin is not a true crypto like X Y S" - Yes, maybe (only maybe) PayCoin potentially breakes some rules of traditional crypto, but still, I want to ask you why you think this is a bad thing?

Maybe PayCoin is exactly the vehicle the masses need to adopt. A leadership figure, a cult, a movement, a lot of sheeps who fight on all fronts driven by quite a few innovative heads. GAW has build a massive community by now backing up the coin and given they can master the technical challenges and have honest motives this thing can work out.

In the end, PayCoin has all features a crypto would need to succeed.  I say 60/40 - which imho is enough to try. Will it work? I dont know, but to be honest, you can loose all your money in every single crypto out there, the reason why you loose it doesnt matter. Worth the try - Bitcoin failed to impress me lately, not enough drive

Thanks...

The problem I have with ventures like the one being discussed in the fundamental flaw that seems to be overlooked in favor of some implied money potential - again legitimate or NOT. This fundamental flaw is the lack of true innovation under the guise of "marketed" innovation. Is a very old a basic marketing concept that was first reported as being used by the Romans and more recently (still 150 years go) by the traveling salesmen in the Wild West that had all the potions and cures to address any ailment. The video from Disney's "Pet's Dragon" that was posted a few pages back comically showing this process is actually pretty accurate.

Be personable, find out what the customer longs for, build a community consensus, and sell them what they want using terms like "new", "innovative", "greatest in the world", etc; regardless if whatever being sold is real, fake, or actually holds a value.

Basically, there is a psychology to this process and it is used both in commerce and by company leaders in the interaction with their employees. The college classes covering this are often called something along the lines of "Strategy, Change and Organizational Behavior Concepts".

At any rate, PayCoin may come across as offering the world to whomever GAW/Zen claims is supporting it (a much smaller number than most would assume), but many of the claims made have not been realized and most likely will never be realized. GAW/Zen's past history is a good indication of this.

Look between the lines, who is saying what on the GAW/Zen side, and most importantly, the past ACTIONS by those same individuals and the truth will surface fairly quickly.

Scott-

I agree with most of what you say except of GAW past history. They didnt deliver on everything they announced, but something like 60-70% which is more than most other companies in this area.

You have also a point here - I could read between the lines and most probably would find anything I want (Maybe they didnt mine: We have no proof; Maybe PayCoin is centralized: We have no proof; Maybe there is no backing fund: We have no proof etc)....

What I want to point out - PayCoin/ GAW has a big momentum now and this can have three possible outcomes:

1. Mass adoption of crypto
2. Failure and everybody looses everything (reason why it fails doesnt matter to me). This can also happen with every other coin/ business I build around a coin
3. Something in between

For the slightest chance going no.1 I am happy to provide some support.

Main "innovation" of PayCoin is the potential floor and a person who can mobilize masses. This was always the "knock-out" argument in every discussion I lead over the last years with different mainstream people/ businesses. They asked me: "When I buy a Bitcoin for 100$ today, who guarantees me it is worth 100$ tomorrow"? I always failed to deliver a satisfying answer for that. Average people need a transition period fiat->crypto where the value of their Coin is tied/ backed by a strong entitiy. GAW may be this entitiy.

Bitcoin/ all others Cryptos until now lack an entity which brings a guaranteed value so that Bob can sleep @night knowing his hard earned money isnt endangerd by price swings - this is imho one of the main hurdles for mainstream adoption.

It's all about odds. We all try to push crypto to mainstream. This is just another try/ chance.  

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

The other exchanges throw a wrench into the works.

If they are legit, they would buy up coins on the exchanges because each coin they buy on the exchange reduces their actual liability.

If they are a scam, the exchanges are a problem because it slows down their cashflow. Why would someone buy a coin from them for 20 when they can get it from cryptsy for less than 20? That's a really big problem for them because they get nothing out of it while increasing their death. Before this they always made some money (or reduced their liabilities) by charging people for amps/upgrades/primes/stakers/whatever, but someone who has had no business with GAW can go to cryptsy and get a $20 IOU from GAW without giving GAW anything.
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

What falls apart? Everything is going just to plan. Josh has NEVER broken a promise.... everything he says comes true!!

If you really aren't a shill and want an honest dialogue about it than how about you start by answering these 3 questions:

There is very thin volume there , why can't he follow through and bring XPY to 20usd let alone his 25 usd target? Whats the difference in him doing it now when he has to do it whenever paybase launches regardless? I understand that he has had a botched launch because of technical incompetence , but why can't he start processing your KYC now instead of focusing all his time on hype?

The funniest is when the detractors can't read sarcasm and end up calling out their own kind. ROFL

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
chmick

Activity: 236

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:28:26 PM

https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/547139102844657664
gefafwisp

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:30:04 PM

lol gotta say that was pretty funny. oh isn't this nice. I can feel a Christmas truce coming on!
raskul

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:32:26 PM

lol gotta say that was pretty funny. oh isn't this nice. I can feel a Christmas truce coming on!

...and all the best to you and yours!
if it doesn't snow and we don't get a snowball fight, we can always have a raygun fight.. i hear there will be plenty available.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:32:56 PM

Q: Will the coin have wide merchant adoption at lauch as initially promised?
A: Work in progress. In the early announcements GAW mentioned partnerships with major retailers such was Amazon and Walmart, however later it was explained as still being negotiated.

what make PayCoin special then other thousands of coins?
nothing, it's just a hype scam coin which use amazon and walmart names and many will fall victims. someone behind this will be serve jail time soon as using legit american corporation for their own benifits

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
raskul

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

someone EXITED. oops

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:35:07 PM

The funniest is when the detractors can't read sarcasm and end up calling out their own kind. ROFL

I don't care wasting my time differentiating between trolls, shills and the GAW faithful. There are serious ethical considerations at play here.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:36:11 PM

widespread adoption of crypto by any means neccessary

Count me out of this pump&dump crap. Darwinism is fine with me.

Agree with you on the Darwinism thing tho.

The CEO clearly announced the pump, with bots and everything, and there is obvious dumping going on, otherwise the price would just shoot up to the moon and stay there. What evidence would you consider conclusive?

Just to make this clear: most of what I post here is my subjective opinion, except when I link or quote someone else. Just like your statement that we're all for widespread crypto adoption by any means neccessary. I'm not. Pumping the price of a coin is one of the shittiest moves you can do in crypto, and it doesn't help adoption at all. IMSO.
dandana

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:36:40 PM

Hmmm, I feel like we are missing something. According to the cultists they have won, and yet homero is running around like a chicken with his head cut off:

1) Boosting he is gonna create the wall, instead of actually getting it done.
2) Sending out a seemingly desperate email to invite friends and family to buy XPY on the exchanges
3) Then telling everyone suddenly it's not about the price on the exchanges, it's about value of the coin as a currency that can be used by merchants
4) Calling out the trolls to discuss things when they have banned most of them. Why do they suddenly care now?

I feel like maybe things are happening/have happened behind the scenes that Homero is not sharing with people. Maybe it's merchants like amazon contacting him pissed about that shitty plugin. Maybe agencies are starting to contact him. Maybe the MSB thing is turning a nightmare. Maybe the whole thing with creating the floor with his bots was just a show and he realized right away he could never pull it off.

I don't know what it is, but I feel like he's desperate for some reason, and I'd love to know what it is.

All salient points. I believe that this whole scheme is merely to transition from one ponzi(cloud mining) to another ponzi. What he hoped for was using his fanbase, and capital saved to be able to hype paycoin enough where enough adoption brings paycoin to the 20 dollar floor without him dragging it there alone. Unfortunately, the adoption hasn't been as expected and the loyal have been hedging their risks and selling early making his scheme difficult to pull off.

I think he is crafty enough to drag out this mess for a few more weeks to month before things really start to heat up. He can drag out KYC for at least a week, and that's after paybase launches which he can delay at least another week so we are talking about 2 weeks minimum and thats without any new plans or excuses to buy more time.
Can you please explain me what ponzi scheme was with cloud mining Huh Thanks... what i was missing from cloud mining part Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: