Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:07:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376913 times)
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:54:13 AM

He already rejected an idea of a Reddit AMA. That's a respectable venue, many high profile business people have done it, if that is not acceptable then I'm not sure what else can be suggested.

Besides he has threatened his opponents, not sure why anyone - except Scott maybe Smiley - would risk to have any direct contact. I certainly wouldn't.

Good point.

Seems kind of disappointing that we will end up deadlocking until either XPY is a complete success or it self-destructs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:02:32 AM

So for a Proof-of-Stake coin, its odd for the majority of it to be locked up in staking?  WTF? Did I just enter Bizzarro Backwards Land?

There is a big difference between a POS coin that is controlled by the user and where they can sell at any time and one where some of them are locked up by a centralized company.

WTF?  No. You can stake in a normal wallet, at home, on your computer at a rate of 5% return per annum. Just like ANY other PoS coin in the world. You can ALSO invest in Hashstakers and stake with GAW at a rate of about 100% per annum. But you don't HAVE to stake with GAW. Funny you left that out. But then again, that wouldn't support your scam argument now would it?

No, I didn't leave that out sir.

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem when you get angry. Calm down, and re read what I said. It is 100% accurate.

jfabritz

Activity: 141

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:07:56 AM

No worries, you just sounded like one of the many trolls here dumping on a coin they have no interest in or feel threatened by. If you have serious questions about the coin, you can join the HT forums and someone there will answer ANY question you have.

I try to follow the HT forum, but unfortunately the good information is buried under a lot of irrelevant chatter. As someone over there mentioned, low signal to noise.

It would be helpful if there was a real FAQ that was put out by the XPY team with the real unadulterated information that can be collaborated when required.
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:20:50 AM

Can he really not think of a way to show that they aren't a scam?

How can you have faith in someone that can't prove they are doing what they say they are doing? Show us what a hashtaker looks like. Release a hashtaker or a prime controller into the wild. Now that they are out of mining bitcoin and scrypt mostly and into paycoin, what could be the harm in showing us that address that they showed the wsj blog so we can see how it received freshly mined coins and sent them to the users. Put up a huge wall on one of the exchanges and prove it's you. Let one of your critics or believers pick an amount of coins and a bid price below the promised $20 per coin, show us the coins going into the exchange and show us the wall.

It really shouldn't be so hard to prove they are legitimate, but even if it is impossible, that doesn't mean there is a real reason that he shouldn't show ANY proof.

Isn't the fact that xpy doubled in price proof that they did some purchasing?
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:23:29 AM

Is this the first POS coin to have centralized staking where you cannot remove your investment? I can see how that can be a concern when they change the model from all the other POS coins before it.

If GAW will allow users to sell their staker with coin on the market (supposedly possible with Paybase), you could consider that a quick way to liquidate, albeit at a possible loss. Still, that does require them to offer this feature. If you want to keep your options open, you can stake with the wallet application, right?

The hashstakers act as investment cds or IRA's where the coins are locked up for a certain period of time to yield higher rates of stake. Advertised at 3 or 6 months. You can stake yourself and control your coins but will be disadvantaged compared to those letting GAW control their coins and lock them from being sold. You will have the opportunity for reselling the stakers with the locked coins but either way the coins will be under GAWS control and not be able to be sold on the open market.

No other POS /DPOS coin does this from what I have seen. Certain POS coins allow you to lease your stake to others but that is different than the stake going back to the issuing company. This is a conflict of interest and ripe for manipulation.

Who is denying that josh used bots to manipulate the exchanges? I believe those statements. What it showed though was a target price of 25usd and he was unable to blow past 100-200BTC sell walls stopping at 16usd. This means that their are some serious doubts about his claims of having reserves or his intentions of creating those walls as intended.

ikeboy

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:29:36 AM

Is this the first POS coin to have centralized staking where you cannot remove your investment? I can see how that can be a concern when they change the model from all the other POS coins before it.

If GAW will allow users to sell their staker with coin on the market (supposedly possible with Paybase), you could consider that a quick way to liquidate, albeit at a possible loss. Still, that does require them to offer this feature. If you want to keep your options open, you can stake with the wallet application, right?

The hashstakers act as investment cds or IRA's where the coins are locked up for a certain period of time to yield higher rates of stake. Advertised at 3 or 6 months. You can stake yourself and control your coins but will be disadvantaged compared to those letting GAW control their coins and lock them from being sold. You will have the opportunity for reselling the stakers with the locked coins but either way the coins will be under GAWS control and not be able to be sold on the open market.

No other POS /DPOS coin does this from what I have seen. Certain POS coins allow you to lease your stake to others but that is different than the stake going back to the issuing company. This is a conflict of interest and ripe for manipulation.

Who is denying that josh used bots to manipulate the exchanges? I believe those statements. What it showed though was a target price of 25usd and he was unable to blow past 100-200BTC sell walls stopping at 16usd. This means that their are some serious doubts about his claims of having reserves or his intentions of creating those walls as intended.

The claim I was responding to was " Let one of your critics or believers pick an amount of coins and a bid price below the promised $20 per coin, show us the coins going into the exchange and show us the wall.". That sounds like they didn't believe that gaw was buying with bots at all.
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:34:19 AM

Orrrrr...that he feels that he got close enough and with PayBase launching within hours, he'll let the market do the rest. Just because 24 hours in Crypto-world feels like an eternity, doesn't mean it actually is.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:42:36 AM

Just for shits n gigs, I added up all the visible buy orders on cryptsy. They all span from 0.03410000 to 0.04378900. How many XPY were there in that span?? 1771. LOL Check the volume chart for just how hilarious that is. What comedy gold!

This is why I keep saying that getting to $20 price on the exchange is not nearly the same thing as being able to sell an unlimited amount of XPY on paybase for $20. Not even close. And don't get me started on that $25 price goal on the exchanges. Can someone explain who would pay $25 on an exchange when you can buy for $20 on paybase? I know they are talking about connecting paybase to the exchange but I still don't see how this will happen. Everyone now has $20 set as the price in their head.

There's a difference between a $20 PRICE and a $20 FLOOR. If exchanges are selling for more, PayBase will sell them for more. Just like an exchange. Only difference is, PayBase will have a MINIMUM price.  I am not sure why that is hard to understand?

And if you try and buy coins for $20 on PayBase?  Sold out.

What? The only reason it is priced where it is now and not at doge style pricing is because of gaw's promise to pay $20. What would be the reason for it to ever be worth more than gaw would pay? That would require it having actual value.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:46:02 AM

The claim I was responding to was " Let one of your critics or believers pick an amount of coins and a bid price below the promised $20 per coin, show us the coins going into the exchange and show us the wall.". That sounds like they didn't believe that gaw was buying with bots at all.

At the moment it doesn't appear that they are buying any at all. There was a 25 dollar target for those bots to hit the exchange remember. Why couldn't he achieve his target with those huge reserves?

He would of easily silenced most of his critics by partially redeeming the botched launch and brought a lot of wonderful PR to paycoin.

ikeboy

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:54:40 AM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25441/paybase-rescheduled/1
https://archive.today/W3OTH

Lets just get to it, first the bad news.

Paybase has been rescheduled to 29th of December .

We wanted to have it available to you by 23/24, but Wednesday is Christmas Eve and many of our staff will be home with their families. While we know Paybase is important, but we think its more important for our staff to be with their families for the holiday. The majority of them have not stopped working to make Paybase available to you for the last weeks.

Plus, we want to have our full staff available to you when it goes live.

Here is the good news. While Paybase is delayed, its going to be much more powerful at launch. We have made some significant upgrades for you. Here is what you can expect at launch!

We will use the extra time to stress test Paybase
We will buy your XPY for $20 each with NO verification and as soon as you open your account!
You will be able to move between XPY to BTC with NO verifications levels!
We will start rolling out new Paybase debit card!!!!
We will launch with no fees!
Plus, we have a free gift, to make up for the delay, for the launch of Paybase. For those of you that been around for a while, you know we give good gifts! Smiley It will be the best one yet.

Also, here are some of the things you can expect immediately after launch:

PaySave roll out!
GoCoin integration!
Paybase will give you the ability to exchange to and from other currencies!
Thank you for your patience. We know there have been some bumps in the road, Paycoin has been a huge success (primarily where the challenges have come from!), we have been flooded with calls from merchants and investors. Its been an incredible last few weeks.

Thanks, GAW Staff
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:58:06 AM

Damn, that is bad.

I secretly keep hoping that us skeptics are being overly paranoid and are wrong but look what is happening.

At least this time , unlike with Mtgox, there is more vocal warnings out there where people can make an informed decision if the weigh the evidence.

TtheInitial

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:58:46 AM

We wanted to have it available to you by 23/24, but Wednesday is Christmas Eve and many of our staff will be home with their families. While we know Paybase is important, but we think its more important for our staff to be with their families for the holiday. The majority of them have not stopped working to make Paybase available to you for the last weeks.

Plus, we want to have our full staff available to you when it goes live.

Here is the good news. While Paybase is delayed, its going to be much more powerful at launch. We have made some significant upgrades for you. Here is what you can expect at launch!

We will use the extra time to stress test Paybase
We will buy your XPY for $20 each with NO verification and as soon as you open your account!
You will be able to move between XPY to BTC with NO verifications levels!
We will start rolling out new Paybase debit card!!!!
We will launch with no fees!
Plus, we have a free gift, to make up for the delay, for the launch of Paybase. For those of you that been around for a while, you know we give good gifts! Smiley It will be the best one yet.

Also, here are some of the things you can expect immediately after launch:

PaySave roll out!
GoCoin integration!
Paybase will give you the ability to exchange to and from other currencies!
Thank you for your patience. We know there have been some bumps in the road, Paycoin has been a huge success (primarily where the challenges have come from!), we have been flooded with calls from merchants and investors. Its been an incredible last few weeks.

Thanks, GAW Staff

Hybrid Flex Fusion is the real reason for the delay, the Gawsome team needs more time to get the flubber working in the blockhybridflexfusion chain.
T0urist

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:03:12 AM

Poor Oldschool1, he has been extremely civil laying out his concerns, then Redacted and a couple others get into the conversation and turn it into a juvenile free-for-all towards the end.

<sigh>

You can't talk seriously with some of those people, so why even bother? If Josh wants to be taken seriously, he should surround himself with serious people.

I agree.  I think Suchmoon should do the same.

I should do what? Not following, sorry.
we're all assholes and you shouldnt hang with us is what i think they are implying.

i do like the idea of a rational chat between you and josh that all can see to address our concerns. not dance around them i mean specifically answer with facts. josh wont do it though because suchmoons too smart and would remain respectful and keep directing him to specifically answer the questions. josh wouldnt like that.
interstellar

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:05:52 AM

Wow. Such a surprise. Nice way to get out of spending millions before the holidays!

Hey Homero, better fire those bots back up! It's a long time till the 29th and peecoin has a hell of a long way it can fall. Plan on spending a fortune anyway this Christmas trying to maintain the peecoin and please ignore those nasty followers like redacted who are pissed they will be stuck in peecoin for so long now!
kupan787

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:08:00 AM

Guess he stepped a bit ahead of himself when he said:

Based on his ability to make pre-announcements, I wonder if then he really means 2016...

ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:13:15 AM

Looks like the dumping has began
bumpershot

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:14:13 AM

So what was that crap about needing verifications? He claimed that they were required by law. Until now. Now you can sell XPY for BTC with no verifications just like a dozen other exchanges.

What changed?
ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:17:22 AM

So what was that crap about needing verifications? He claimed that they were required by law. Until now. Now you can sell XPY for BTC with no verifications just like a dozen other exchanges.

What changed?

Notice he has never said you can actually withdraw your BTC, instead you will proably have to buy a Hashlet branded vest, cap & cock ring.
NuShrike

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:17:46 AM

Anybody getting flashbacks of the 40GHS SHA Prime release? Almost exactly the same words and issues.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:17:50 AM

What changed?

He only follows the law when its convenient?
Or he used his magical powers of negotiating to convince the regulators that KYC is no longer needed?

So on the 29th how will they be able cover the spread? Will they get lucky and convince enough stakers to freeze their coins in hashstakers where the coins cannot be sold? Will they impose limits on the amount of XPY sold without KYC and eat through their remaining reserves? Will the hype machine alone be able to convince many new victims into raising the floor themselves? Or will other technical or regulatory concerns arise at the last moment?

Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: