Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376936 times)
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:57:27 PM

We're considering our options at this point, but chargebacks will hit us NOW.  Filing charges against GAW means we get in line to collect "anything" which won't be much when it's all said and done.

If I were in your shoes (I wouldn't be, since would never have repped a questionable operation, but just for the sake of argument) I would be trying 1000% to find a way to make my customers happy, or not happy at least less pissed off.  If I go to Home Depot and buy a box of wingnuts, and find when I get home that the box is empty ... Home Depot is going to refund my money even if they paid for the empty box with cash.  This is not any different.

I am not your customer, but you might consider store credits, a special deal on something else, etc. so you at the very least are sharing in the pain and making a customer a deal at the same time.  FWIW.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 03:57:35 PM

Subject:    Re: Brad
Date:    Thu, 01 Jan 2015 12:21:20 -0600
To:    Josh Garza <josh@gaw.com>

Ok so Mr. Long / FinalHash / BetaRigs is involved with GAW a lot more than I thought. Apparently supplied them with a developer to clone PeerCoin? Nasty.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

I'm pretty sure he saw The Producers and figured he could grant as much equity as he wants as long as the company ends up being worthless.

Relevant Link ... because it's springtime ...
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:58:15 PM

Subject:    Re: Coin project
Date:    Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:32:00 -0700
To:    Josh Garza <josh@btc.com>
CC:    FinalHash.com Elite Members Pool <info@finalhash.com>

And we need to work out the cost structure.

You would be responsible for the following.

Travel and accommodation for just me.
My hourly consultation rate of $150 per hour
And then if we decide to roll on the coin then we will just eat the cost of my time and charge for the build out of the following

Wallet QT (windows and OSX) and coind
    Source Code
    Wallet compilation
    Paper Wallet Generator
    Android App (if we don’t do POS)(if we want to make one with POS it will be a shit ton of work but we can do it)
    Merge mining capabilities
    And other necessities along the way

All in total cost would be $25,000 plus 2.5% of the coins.

Do you confirm?

Mad Macs

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:01:41 PM

We're considering our options at this point, but chargebacks will hit us NOW.  Filing charges against GAW means we get in line to collect "anything" which won't be much when it's all said and done.

If I were in your shoes (I wouldn't be, since would never have repped a questionable operation, but just for the sake of argument) I would be trying 1000% to find a way to make my customers happy, or not happy at least less pissed off.  If I go to Home Depot and buy a box of wingnuts, and find when I get home that the box is empty ... Home Depot is going to refund my money even if they paid for the empty box with cash.  This is not any different.

I am not your customer, but you might consider store credits, a special deal on something else, etc. so you at the very least are sharing in the pain and making a customer a deal at the same time.  FWIW.

When we got involved it was a simple mining operation.  Once it turned weird and shady we got out.  I won't put our name on something we don't believe in and GAW got ugly on us.

We are always open to ideas and are willing to work out something with our customers, but if every single one charged back to us ALL of us would go out of business and probably lose everything including our homes.
Buckeye2015

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:04:08 PM

Who is BigWoody?  Are they on the payroll or something... they're completely fighting against charge backs  ( https://hashtalk.org/user/bigwoody )
Not sure but if people file chargebacks against the ex-resellers that will screw us badly.  Most resellers had to wire money to GAW or use BTC to buy stock so we have no way to charge most of that back to GAW.
Something to keep in mind.
I understand that, but you resellers need to be putting together a class action suit already in hopes of getting paid out of SEC activities. It sucks to be in the middle, but you did sell the 'product.'  So... why don't you resellers get together with the defrauded customers (GAW defrauded) and jointly register a class action against GAW Miners and Stu?
Believe me, I know it sucks to be a reseller in that position, but part of being a reseller is deciding what to sell.
We're considering our options at this point, but chargebacks will hit us NOW.  Filing charges against GAW means we get in line to collect "anything" which won't be much when it's all said and done.
Again, I know it totally sucks and would not want to be in the position of a reseller right now. But, there are people on hashtalk who have already been begging for help with paying personal bills because they counted on Garza's scam... sure... they should never have invested what they couldn't afford to loose, but ALSO Garza should never have advertised them as "always profitable", "never expires" and then moved them to a coin with a "$20 floor".... that's why the SEC has their knickers in a knot. So, there are a lot of people who have ALREADY been hit.

But, if customers win their charge backs, the resellers have a right to all the information provided to the banks.... the resellers just need to package that into a civil case and it's pretty much a slam dunk because the dispute is no longer about hashtakers(?) but the fact that you sold a product based on GAW Miner claims, GAW Miner fucked up so bad customers were awarded charge backs, so now you need to get your money back from GAW. In that action, you don't need to prove squat about GAW. You only need to prove that you didn't represent the product in anyway beyond what GAW claimed.

PayCON: PHQAtLmwRXTskGqry1FBuFLnWuqMzcj1TH   --==*==--  Qora: QcgdKgPD1SkqzGXWGAY1gwao7257gyGVnB   --==*==--  BitCoin: 1L9NLA3wHcGwffm2avVg3tzhDGjtq9
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:04:23 PM

Subject:    Dev Assesment
Date:    Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:08:39 -0800
To:    Joe Mordica <joe@geniusesatwork.com>, josh@geniusesatwork.com
<josh@geniusesatwork.com>

Josh and Joe,

I am currently in the air On my way back to houston. Jonah and I already caught up this morning. I will be giving him 5 hours again this afternoon to finish wrapping up jonah’s thoughts into a cohesive format. This will give your team a clear picture after today on what needs to happen for the format and stuff going forward.

On the dev said, I will have to say that we will not be able to actively dev on the coin. We have too many non-compete clauses in place at this time. During the shuffle after vegas when you guys said you were using someone else we just got really booked up is all.  Nonetheless, I  am happy to refer you to a good team I know and trust. If you do not mind me sending his team the white paper after we have some cohesivemess to it I think he would have a better idea. However, two weeks dev time on this guy is a dangerous prospect in my professional opinion. Firstly, the shear nature of developing a new coin should take longer than 2 weeks. Secondly, if you bang out the source in 2 weeks and then launch you simply just don’t have time to sit back and look at what you did and think about how you can break it. That is essential in my opinion.

That being said, today I should be able to get jonah in a place to where he can lead the charge throughout the weekend on this paper. He and I made a dynamic team yesterday.

Let me know if you have questions going forward.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:04:54 PM

"Love you pumpkin"

Wtf?  I am trying to fathom a relationship between two adults, one of them  CEO and the other a developer, where in a business communication such a term of endearment would even be marginally normal...

bud  Cheesy

should see the MAT contract brokerage on this one phew...

Subject:    Re: Brad
Date:    Thu, 01 Jan 2015 12:21:20 -0600
To:    Josh Garza <josh@gaw.com>

[SNIPPED RAMBLINGS TO THE CLOSING ....]

Love you pumpkin

On Thursday, January 1, 2015, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

[SNIP]

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:07:00 PM

The coin dev's name is Brad though...
Paul Revere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:09:29 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:30:11 PM by Paul Revere

Yes, I know. I am sure it is just a "Coincidence" that Carsen Klock was on the GAW Payroll during this time period.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:13:29 PM

damn anyone who complains about Homero....just buy him!

It's interesting that you propose to hire me

Code:
Josh...  so I wrote DarkKnight again about a VERY length post where he drew out a lot of his frustration with Zen & GAW and he took it down shortly after I wrote him. He is very sincere and obviously trying hard to protect any chance he has at doing some work with ZenMiner. I'll get his resume to you as soon as I get it. Lets talk about this very soon, I'd like your advice. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: Issue Resolution
To: "Eric C." <eric@zenminer.com>

It wasn't intended to specifically malign anyone. You read it, and I feel it was an honest, unembelished accounting of my experiences mostly with GAW. What I wrote was in no way a smear campaign. I wrote it in the most neutral light that I could given the experiences that I had and revised it several times before posting it. I have put a tremendous amount of personal time into dealing with GAW and now Zen, and have a ton of correspondence with your two companies.

I don't believe it's fair to judge me solely on it, given the timing of it. When I wrote that as a customer, I had truly felt spurned by you despite my best efforts to actually deliver help, and I had believed that you were quite done with me. It wasn't until after I had posted that, that we exchange a couple more emails and you made it clear there was some kind of other reasoning behind not allowing me to help you more. After which, I spent a lot of time thinking and sent you, what I felt was a thoughtful and comprehensive email detailing what I thought could help you the most and giving you some motivation to see it done with no thought of asking for anything in return.

If anything of what I said stings, I apologize for that -- but I also stand by it. My experience with GAW has been an incredibly drawn out and frustrating game of phone and email tag that *as a customer* I have grown tired of playing. There is no excuse for telling someone you will call or get back to them and then just forgetting about them (for weeks), repeatedly.

I've reached out to you, Josh, and Amanda privately and always offered my advice where appropriate, and treated everyone with patience and respect, asking only for what I felt I was fairly owed from GAW. As to my experience with you, it's been challenging, because I feel like I'm holding my hand out trying to help you up, and prior to today, I've felt that you were keeping me very much at arms length taking what you could use from me and offering little in return in the way of trust. I have no way of knowing what it's like on your end, and you truly offer very little insight into your situation.

Email does not contain the inflection and intonation that normally accompanies verbal communication. It's often hard to estimate how sincere a person is just from a handful of correspondence. Before you basically said: "Hey, I really appreciate the advice, and by the way would you like to formalize an arrangement?" I had no way of being certain how serious you were. I was very surprised by your offer to say the least, because as I said, I had assumed you were getting ready to blow me off.

The part I said about you specifically, is, in my view accurate. You seem to carefully avoid addressing how a used device was passed along to a customer as new, simply saying that it was 'previously assigned to GAW', when you know that is not how a customer would see it. That point is not lost on me, or indeed other readers. Put yourself in my place; you buy yourself a new car at full price, and they deliver it you with 13,000 miles on it, and someone elses' home address programmed into the GPS. You'd be furious. It's not the amount of money involved though, it's the principal of it. I understand and appreciate that you are in a difficult position because of your relationship with GAW, and must be careful about what you say, but I was (at that point) not in that position. It's very black and white to me when it comes to how I've been treated as a customer. There are many other companies in this industry that are so much worse, and yet my worst experiences have involved only GAW.

In light of our communications back and forth today, and as a good faith gesture, I have deleted my post -- which will stay deleted regardless of what happens next. You have my word that beyond what has already been said and transpired openly on the forum I will not add to any negativity or attempt some kind of petty revenge over you choosing to withdraw your offer, if that is what you ultimately intend to do. I do hope, however, that you will show me the same understanding and patience that I have offered you since we first talked.

If, after this, you'd still like to bring me on, I'm still happy to sign up. Let me know if your people continue to be interested in my resume, and I will see it to you by tomorrow night.

-Tony

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Eric C. <eric@zenminer.com> wrote:

Tony,

Wow man. I feel sort of dumb for not seeing this post from last night prior to us talking today. Come on man, cut me a break! At least pause the outright slaughter on Zen & GAW until we reach some sort of agreement on how you can HELP us instead of hurt us.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650228.msg7366318#msg7366318

Be sure to check out ZenMiner documentation!

IMPORTANT: zenMiner personnel will NEVER ask you for your password. Do NOT provide this information to anyone you don't want accessing your zenController.

--
    Eric C.
    Support Engineer
    support@zenminer.com
    Twitter: @zenMinerSupport

I'd love your feedback!

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Anthony Knight <aknight3@gmail.com> wrote:

It will take a while to dust that off. I'm not at home at them moment. I will have it to you late this evening, or possibly tomorrow afternoon. I must say that you are very mysterious when it comes to the structure and principals of Zen. It's worth the trouble just to find out who the man (or men) behind the curtain are, so to speak. ;)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Eric C. <eric@zenminer.com> wrote:

Tony,

Thanks for that very thorough write up of your skills. I see plenty of ways we could utilize you. I've also sent this up to the upper echelon and they have expressed much of the same interest. However, they are asking for a resume as well. Don't worry about down-time you've seen since you started staying home. Also, don't worry about targeting it to any specific role or area. Just the latest revision of a resume you've got will suffice. Sorry if that seems redundant to what you've already given me.

Also, of course we'd be compensating you with something more valuable than product discounts. We are creative with compensation, but only in the realm of what people (in our industry at least) would deem *actual* compensation, i.e. W2, 1099, Bitcoin, etc. That said, there are other perks as well such as discounts and the occasional free "beta test" hardware. 

IMPORTANT: zenMiner personnel will NEVER ask you for your password. Do NOT provide this information to anyone you don't want accessing your zenController.

--
            Eric C.
            Support Engineer
            support@zenminer.com

I'd love your feedback!

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Anthony Knight <aknight3@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your interest.

My skill set is quite broad, but only deep in a few areas that are actually relevant to your current hardware issues. My greatest skill is problem solving, plain and simple. It's more difficult to articulate that in a way that doesn't sound like a marketing pitch, but it's the truth.

In regards to product development, I have an electronic engineering background. Nothing professional, but I know what I am doing. I've had a soldering iron in my hands since I was 6, and it was my father's trade before me, though things have changed a bit since then. Lately I've been doing primarily small business desktop/laptop support (building and repairs), network installations, wifi setups, etc to pay the bills.

I can read and understand VB, html, php, python, and to a much lesser extent C. Excepting VB, I would not classify myself as a developer. I can competently understand the structure and design of those languages I listed, and have been successful in making many minor bug fixes, but it's not my specialty. Some years ago, I solely developed a electronic record keeping system in VB to integrate and ultimately replace the mandatory paper system that my employer at the time (Nasa/USGS contractor CSC) had been using for record keeping of their day to day satellite operations that I was apart of. I wasn't hired for that purpose, but I saw a need and learned the requisite skills required to develop it while I was on the job. I did it as a side project to reduce my own repetitive and antiquated paperwork load that had been kept since the satellite's launch in 1984. Eventually, it became their primary means of record keeping and was my legacy to the project when I left in 2007.

Business Management:

I ran my brother's electrical service business from 2008 until 2012 when I left to take care of my son after he was born. I'm very familiar with the in's and out's of establishing a legal business entity (in Maryland) and maintaining day to day business finances. I worked with a lot of customers, handled all of the paperwork, and literally built his business from what was just organized side-jobs into a $150k/yr legal company.

I also bought into and ran a Heavy/Medium duty truck repair shop for a while. The company was on the verge of closing down as the owner spent all of his time at the hospital with his sick spouse. I got the mechanics working again, began a local advertising campaign that brought in local business, and handled lots and lots of angry customers. I had 10 mechanics and 2 office admins working for me until the primary owner sold the business off to a larger rival and settled with me.

Basics:
                I'm competent with the use of pretty much any office software package, and at one point used to train others in it's use. I can proficiently use Photoshop, Premier, & Dreamweaver. I'm comfortable with any MS operating system, except the latest versions of Server. I am proficient enough in Linux, but no guru. I know enough to accomplish my goals, and am quite capable of finding answers to any problems I encounter.

I've run several websites in the past, and am familiar with the use of CMS' such as Joomla, Mediawiki, and Wordpress as well as PHPBB forum software. To that end, I'm also competent with MySQL & Apache.

These are only the skills that I feel might be relevant to you needs. My skill do extend far beyond those into many other areas that are more relevant to brick and mortar businesses. Not knowing your specific needs, I'm not sure what I would align with in your company, but I do believe I am an asset to anyone that I choose to work with, often in ways not immediately obvious. I am used to working independently, and do not require direct supervision to accomplish my goals. I have no problems collaborating with others on any given project, either.

The more difficult part comes in the fact that I'm a full time stay at home dad. I am the primary care giver of my (nearly) 2yr old son. I take him to pre-school in the morning, watching him during the day, and my wife has him mostly during the evenings. My availability is sporadic because it revolves around his schedule. Generally speaking, I have about 90 minutes in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoons, and several hours in the evening to devote to work. I also usually have 1 weekday and Sundays to myself, but can't guarantee anything specific without some advanced warning. This is why I have been independently contracting myself out to local business for desktop support, because I can control my own schedule. Should you choose to hire me, there won't be any conflicts with other work, as I will hold off accepting appointments while I'm actively working with you.

I'm located in Severn, Maryland quite near BWI airport. It actually makes it super easy to pickup shipments from China because the Air terminal is only about a 15 minute drive away door to door. I never bother with having DHL actually deliver it to me. It's faster if I go get it.

Compensation is often a tricky subject. Everyone wants a million dollars for a days work, while many companies (not you) generally want a wage slave for $5/hr. Realistically, I will say that my current rate to customers that I contract out to is $150 upfront which includes 2 hours, then $50/hr thereafter. That's usually $300-$400 a day for more complex jobs, and I've been fairly busy through the spring. However, I don't believe that particular compensation model is well suited to the work you have in mind.

To that end, it's difficult for me to suggest what I think is fair compensation without knowing what resources you have to pay with, nor what you specifically want me to do. I am, in your case, open to unconventional means of compensation -- though that's a very vague term.

Off the top of my head: payment in new/used hardware (specifically current gen ASICs in good condition, no GPUs), BTC, or of course cash is fine with currency payments holding more value than hardware. Offering discounts on anything as compensation are of little value to me, as all my disposable capital is currently tied up in hardware and they would go unused. If you have anything else in mind, I'm open to it.

I've laid just about all my cards on the table here, Eric. I'm not the type to dicker or play games where matters of business are concerned. Everything above is an honest accounting of my abilities, availability, and expectations where you're concerned. I am flexible however, and will approach this as seriously as you do. So please tell what you have in mind, what you have to offer, and hopefully we can help each other.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Eric C. <eric@zenminer.com> wrote:

It's good to be wanted, Tony! Do me a favor, shoot me a quick list of your relevant skills/abilities prioritized by strength. I know you'd be a valuable asset to us, this will help me decide where you'll fit in best. Also, give me a snapshot of your availability, i.e. daytime, nighttime, evenings and weekends, etc. What state are you located and what sort of compensation interests you most? Obviously in this industry there are creative compensation options.

--
                    Eric C.
                    Support Engineer
                    support@zenminer.com

I'd love your feedback!

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Anthony Knight <aknight3@gmail.com> wrote:

It's interesting that you propose to hire me; I was speaking with a GAW rep a few weeks back before all this and he wanted me to apply for a job with them as well. I didn't take it too seriously, but I do suspect you can make use of my skills better than GAW, and perhaps might need it more than them.

That being the case, I am definitely interested in what you have to offer. Tell me how I can help Zen.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Eric C. <eric@zenminer.com> wrote:

Tony,

First of all, your constructive criticism means more to me than you might think. I took all of it to heart and I took your advice literally, I'm reaching out to Josh today for some advice.

Regarding the CGMiner binaries, you're again right. We know we can't use the same binary for different devices, nor do we want to for the same reasons you mentioned. We actually have started making some progress with the method in which the cloud pushes the appropriate binary and I am going to take your advice to let the controller keep a local copy of each binary with a unique naming scheme.

More importantly than all of that, I want to make a small confession. I play a slightly larger role in Zenminer than "Tier 1 Tech Support".... But in the light of being a tiny start up with limited resources, I am also help desk. That's about to change so I can focus on the larger picture, I am bringing in a part timer seasoned help desk girl who plans to go full time by the end of the month. She's also a miner which is a plus.

Tony, how interested are you in helping us with the Zenminer project? I don't see why we couldn't contract you some work, you're obviously very competent and knowledgeable; and you're right, our current resources are scarce at best. Perhaps consulting or testing? Think on it. Are you open to it?

--
                            Eric C.
                            Support Engineer
                            support@zenminer.com

I'd love your feedback!

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Anthony Knight <aknight3@gmail.com> wrote:

I was thinking more about this today. You won't be able to use one CGMiner binary to run both zeus and gridseed easily if at all. I don't believe the command line options are compatible in cgminer. Worse, you don't want users to try to run hetrogenus devices on a single RPi. BFGMiner might be able to handle multiple device types with one binary if compiled correctly, and it's what a lot of other distros run and what I'm currently using for half my farm. However it's not always super stable, particularly with orbs, and the hash rates it displays are shaky compared to cgminer. Also Luke-jr is a dick and despises anything but Bitcoin specifically, even going so far as to high-jack his own pool (eligius) to attack a new coin. I would not hinge the future of my company on his development priorities.

Your best bet, I believe, is to have your web panel select a binary and launch options that are specific to the device you are trying to run. Select the best CGMiner forks for each device type. Compile your individual device binaries with static linking and name them something like CGMinerZS (zeus) & CGMinerGS (Gridseed) in the same directory and control which one launches from your cloud API based on device selection there. A better way would be to have the binary auto selected based on the usb vendor ID of attached miners but that is more complicated for now, so just add it to the list for later.

-------------------------------------------

Understand that your competition isn't idly standing by. Coinmyne just launched CGRemote v2, and provides a desktop front end that while not as pretty as Zen already handles farm management on pretty much any mining device type, including GPUs. They are building their cloud backend out now and will be providing a web interface that has the same functionality as the desktop version, AND they have mobile apps on the way. Miner.Farm is underfunded, but they are still plugging away and will have a web product ready soon enough. Melt7777 one of the authors of that project seems quite focused on creating revenue streams there as quick as possible. He's pissy that people didn't donate a lot to PiMP, and so is reallocating development resources to his paid projects (i.e. Miner.Farm)

You have a great opportunity to become *the* leading control device for ASICs, but you need to get your stuff sorted out like yesterday. This slow-sauce/side-project development speed Zen has been working at does not do you any credit. Your platform is struggling severely, and you are seen by the community as slow to respond to problems, closed off, and unable to meet your own commitments. I'm sure you already know that if you are following BTCtalk & hashtrader as much as you seem to be. Don't let all the 'you'll get there, keep trying' talk fool you. You are wasting time and losing sales. If I was a prospective customer and not already waist deep, seeing what I've seen outside of my own situation, I would not choose your controller based on your current performance. GAW is preventing bad reviews of your product from appearing on their store page, but people aren't stupid. There are free distros that already do what Zen seems unable to, and people are suggesting that it is a better product than yours simply because it works.

IMHO, you need another coder who is invested enough in your project to do it full time, and get you back on track. Don't get the wrong impression, I don't mean me. Maybe you can reach out to Josh and ask him for help or to put you in contact with another professional. Take advantage of your resources.

Just my .00000002 BTC.

KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:16:45 PM

This whole thing does have a literal connection to religion which is the Clearpoint Church where their Communications Director Adam Matlock is allegedly under SEC investigation because of this mess.
http://coinfire.io/2015/03/25/paycoin-foundation-adam-matlack-under-us-investigation/

Josh is/was a member there. There is some concern over what role church funds might have played. Matlock is no longer listed on the site but since he's the Comms Director he likely oversees the web site.

I dug up info about Adam and that church months ago here and have been questioning how the hell he could ever have paid for PC's ever since. I am still waiting for an answer. AFAIK he has never explained how. I think he is just another lying fucking scumbag and I don't believe a single word out of his mouth.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg10230749#msg10230749

lol, it was probably you then where I first learned about it. Smiley
I think I meant to quote KingColex (or whatever) since he said this whole thing has nothing to do with religion.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:21:08 PM

I'm pretty sure he saw The Producers and figured he could grant as much equity as he wants as long as the company ends up being worthless.

Relevant Link ... because it's springtime ...

apropos (+1)

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:26:48 PM

Subject:    Dev Assesment
Date:    Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:08:39 -0800
To:    Joe Mordica <joe@geniusesatwork.com>, josh@geniusesatwork.com
<josh@geniusesatwork.com>

Josh and Joe,

I am currently in the air On my way back to houston. Jonah and I already caught up this morning. I will be giving him 5 hours again this afternoon to finish wrapping up jonah’s thoughts into a cohesive format. This will give your team a clear picture after today on what needs to happen for the format and stuff going forward.

On the dev said, I will have to say that we will not be able to actively dev on the coin. We have too many non-compete clauses in place at this time. During the shuffle after vegas when you guys said you were using someone else we just got really booked up is all.  Nonetheless, I  am happy to refer you to a good team I know and trust. If you do not mind me sending his team the white paper after we have some cohesivemess to it I think he would have a better idea. However, two weeks dev time on this guy is a dangerous prospect in my professional opinion. Firstly, the shear nature of developing a new coin should take longer than 2 weeks. Secondly, if you bang out the source in 2 weeks and then launch you simply just don’t have time to sit back and look at what you did and think about how you can break it. That is essential in my opinion.

That being said, today I should be able to get jonah in a place to where he can lead the charge throughout the weekend on this paper. He and I made a dynamic team yesterday.

Let me know if you have questions going forward.

The Hashtards will just say we're jealous of Paycoins superior technology.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:27:25 PM

clean up crew  Cheesy

Subject:    Re: daily report
Date:    Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:30:36 -0400
To:    EP <xoanek@o2.pl>

Send your goons in to help pls

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014, EP <xoanek@o2.pl <mailto:xoanek@o2.pl>>
wrote:

Hit up all the threads publicly

Contact each person through pm

Do what ever it takes to make them happy

Then get them to go delete modify old response

Very important, let me know if you need help

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014, Amber Messer <amber@gawminers.com> wrote:

I am on it. Smiley

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Josh Garza <josh@gaw.com> wrote:

I need you front and center on these today. They are getting out of control. Please stay on them

---------- Forwarded message ----------
        Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
        Subject: daily report
        To: josh@gaw.com

There's a number of live  threads about GAW at the moment. We have a lot of people posting good things there, but there are also people doing the opposite.
        I'm doing my best to balance it.
        The recent increase in the negativity may have something to do with our friend waldohoover, who is a friend of reactor. You did a good job suppressing them but i'm almost certain they are still working against you on the forum.
        One of the last messages by reactor was that you threatened his business associate, this might have been mr. hoover.

He recently made a new account and is advertising his business , which is a mining store and hosting company.
         http://www.coiningsolutions.com/shop/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=728773.new#new

He's doing exactly the same thing as you just on a smaller scale, so the newbie accounts writing crap about you might belong to him or his friend reactor, as they can't use their own accounts to attack you.

Here's a thread where someone asked about you, one troll came and immediately said not to buy from you while another posted links to hoover's site.
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736291.msg8329414#msg8329414

There's a guy here asking if you will give refunds for people who ordered SP30 before the specs changed.
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731537.msg8327733#msg8327733

And of course the thread I gave you yesterday, we have our people posting positive comments there, if it goes hot again we'll react.
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731771.40

All over the forums people are worried about decreasing profits from mining. Someone in the genesis thread posted this graph:
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.msg8328623#msg8328623

New hosting company offering bitcoin contracts backed by silver.
        Right now they are using KNC hardware, I asked about it and they said they won't buy from them. They are planning to buy some directly from China.
        Maybe you could strike a deal and supply their data center if you could offer them a good contract.
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732733.msg8330882#msg8330882

KNC changed the Titan photo on their site. The miner looks similar to Neptune ( same case) and completely different from what they advertised.
        They either have them in stock and the photo is real or just repainted one of the Neptunes Cheesy
        https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

AMT still trying to wholesale their miners despite scamming people on preorders and not delivering. They chose to sell in bulk instead of sending the orders to people who already paid.
        Unbelievable!
        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.msg8317798#msg8317798

--
        Sent from Gmail Mobile

--

Sincerely,
    Amber Messer
    GAW Community Relations Manager

Paul Revere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

It's The People's Money, Bro, and in the true Communist spirit the whole scheme is controlled by a handful of insiders that take advantage of the People. Figure it the fuck out already, Paycoin is a SCAM. On the bright side, there seem to be a couple of folks starting to actually scratch their heads and say "WTF?" over there at The People's Temple of Joshtown.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/36637/1-paycoin-richest-address-and-the-top-100-list-are-we-damned
Archive: https://archive.today/oghSa

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:34:37 PM

Shocked

I am very disturbed about the datacenter announcement which came out yesterday

anyone recall what that was/is : 24 Aug 2014

Code:

Subject: RE: Meeting
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:08:24 +0000
To: Josh Garza <josh@geniusesatwork.com>

Listen, I am very disturbed about the datacenter announcement which came out yesterday. I called you twice, no answer, left a voicemail, emailed you multiple times and told you I had called – no return call. I have tried to communicate with you.

Today, we have a public announcement on hashtrader which I am not comfortable with so I have made a decision to disengage and to communicate the reasons why with you.

Today doesn’t work for me. I am a single father with weekends that belong to my kids and their schedules. Especially this weekend.

But I don’t see a need to rush. If tomorrow doesn’t work for you then Tuesday, or whenever you are free is fine.

Dan

Daniel J. Kelley

Principal

Kelley Management Group, Inc.

Business & Technology Transformation

www.kelleymgtgroup.com

Dan@kelleymgtgroup.com

413-279-1930

Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:45 AM
To: Daniel Kelley
Subject: Re: Meeting

My friend, that should happen before things get to this point. Before you want to meet offsite, or become unsure about being here.

I do all my customer stuff Monday….so it makes changing plans tough.

I have some time in a few hours. I would prefer that so I can plan this week.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Daniel Kelley <dan@kelleymgtgroup.com> wrote:

I am trying to have that conversation with you.

-------- Original message --------

Date:08/24/2014 11:37 AM (GMT-05:00)
    To: Daniel Kelley <dan@kelleymgtgroup.com>
    Cc:

Dan, if you went from loving bring here one week, and then not wanting to be here the next. Without having one conversation to raise concerns to me, then your probably right.

That's not how a partnership works. If you don't like something, we discuss at professionals, before it becomes a problem.  This is exactly what I was trying to tell you the other night.

You made a commitment to me to help me not have to worry about operational things. And that's not happening, so I am (understandably) frustrated.  I am sure you have reasons that are making that hard, or why I feel the way the way I do. And I am sure they are both valid.

It will come down to the same thing it always does, communication.

We have not been communicating well, and both of us could do a better job at it.

On Aug 24, 2014 11:32 AM, "Daniel Kelley" <dan@kelleymgtgroup.com> wrote:

I did not read your last email that you want me to respond to. Nor am i calling for a meeting because of that.

I want to meet with you to,let you know that I do not want to be apart of gawminers for a number of reasons. 

I want to meet so that we can have a discussion. And i am being open minded about my reasons for this decision because I don't know what I don't know.

Date:08/24/2014 11:26 AM (GMT-05:00)
        Cc:

It does not, and this is getting silly. I don't have time to run to off-site meetings with you, I am running a company and have meetings scheduled.

I would appreciate of you would address my comments on my past email.

On Aug 24, 2014 11:22 AM, "Daniel Kelley" <dan@kelleymgtgroup.com> wrote:

9:00 @ Panera's work for you?

Date:08/24/2014 11:17 AM (GMT-05:00)
            Cc:
            Subject: Re: Meeting

If you canceled your day with a the managers to meet with me over my email to you, then there is a misunderstanding somewhere and we may want to get that sorted before we start "changing" things or jumping to conclusions

On Aug 24, 2014 11:09 AM, "Daniel Kelley" <dan@kelleymgtgroup.com> wrote:

Good morning,

Please pick a time before noon Tomorrow for us to meet off site.

Thanks

maildir
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:37:11 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Subject:    Taylan is stealing from us - Freeze all accounts
Date:    Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:12:03 -0500
To:    Josh Garza <josh@geniusesatwork.com>, Joe Mordica
<joe@geniusesatwork.com>, Bill St. Denis <Bill@gawlabs.com>

Freeze all accounts belonging to Taylan Unal. He's been stealing from us.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014:

Eric C. - 12:46 PM
    Taylan

Taylan Unal - 12:46 PM
    yes

stand by

im so sorry
    I messed up big time

What did you do?

what were you going to say
    I used discount codes to get 25MH hashlets.
    Please take them back
    and the money I got with them
    Im so sorry

Eric C. - 12:49 PM
    Why did you do this?

Taylan Unal - 12:49 PM
    I wasnt thinking straight
    I dont know why I di it
    I'm breaking down right now
    fuck my life I'm so sorry eric
    please take them all

Eric C. - 12:57 PM
    You've been stealing from us Taylan.

Taylan Unal - 12:57 PM
    I know. take them
    please
    I only meant to get a return and give it back
    I wasnt in my right mind

Eric C. - 12:58 PM
    The account has been frozen. Do not make a single post or comment from any company account until further notice.

Taylan Unal - 12:58 PM
    Just tell me if I'm being fired Eric please
    I'm way too depressed to be put on hold.

Eric C. - 12:59 PM
    Stop talking. I will contact you again soon. I don't want to see a single post from any of your accounts until then

Taylan Unal - 12:59 PM
    This experience was great, but I am too immature for this job and working with you guys

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:38:07 PM

When we got involved it was a simple mining operation.  Once it turned weird and shady we got out.  I won't put our name on something we don't believe in and GAW got ugly on us.

We are always open to ideas and are willing to work out something with our customers, but if every single one charged back to us ALL of us would go out of business and probably lose everything including our homes.

Don't mean to come off as too crass, but that is probably something you should have thought of before accepting CC for products that didn't exist. You may have not known that on the time, but if you spent cash/btc to get them and then turned around and re-sold it via a reversible method, that's a mistake on your part. I wouldn't really care about your house if I needed to pay my bills, so you guys should be proactively finding a solution for yourselves and your customers, because it looks to me like you are the one that got caught holding the bag of shit that Josh handed you.
ladrx

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:49:11 PM

Shocked

I am very disturbed about the datacenter announcement which came out yesterday

anyone recall what that was/is : 24 Aug 2014

Was that when Josh posted the famous pictures of his "mining operations" with unplugged miners on shelves? This post was from 8/23, the day prior to Dan's message.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.msg8500691#msg8500691

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
Pages: « 1 ... 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: