Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376904 times)
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:53:34 PM

another 'coin'. I personally dont think this 'hashcoin' will be adopted publicly other than within the gaw community.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:56:17 PM

Not letting defensiveness get in the way of any of my arguements.   My wife makes decisions on applications for masters programs at an ivy league school (which means that the stellar canidates already have degrees)  so I have a rather inside look at college graduates at a certain level.   It might be a familiarity breeds contempt deal, but your original asseration was-   What CEO only has a high school degree.

So.. in defense of my point (and here, I will be defensive, because I feel that the arguement about education levels actually weakens the thread)  I will provide a few examples

For the Record-  I am Not comparing Josh to ANY of these people what so ever.

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Bill Gates -  No degree when he was creating his company
Steve Jobs - etc
Mark Zuckerburg - see above
Henry Ford -  Honestly I think but am not sure.

Yea, I suppose I see your point... These are the below 1%'s... We have to make a judgement based on reasonable probabilities. Josh being another Bill Gates simply isn't a reasonable expectation... Possible, but it's like winning the lotta... it's a tax for the stupid.

We can agree to disagree on the fact education discussions weakens this thread... I'll simply say real world events and statistics counter that argument many times over.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:56:32 PM

Meh, for print articles (or publication websites) it's very common for them to not tell you when it's going to hit because that is up to the editors. I've been in the WSJ and WSJ online a couple of times and the journalist had no idea when it was going to hit until the night before all three times.

Was that back when you were caught on to catch a predator?

Ha! No  Grin
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

This isn't a defending Josh post, just a post pointing out that certain judgement criteria =/= effective judgement criteria.  If you want to judge based on prior business ventures, etc?   It creates a much more effective and fact based judgement, in comparison to this one.

True, but I think most of the judgement going around here - save for a few personal attacks - is actually based on many more facts than just education or lack thereof. Even though we don't mention ALL of the facts in EVERY post I think it's safe to assume that the context is well known.

I fully understand that such, and to provide honest criticism is fine.. after all, this thread helped me resolve some questions I had with GAW.  

However, we also have people ready to be forum thread/story comment posters on any non-GAW controlled news source if articles pop up, as per previous statements by people in this thread.   It's freedom of speech, and people can do what they want.    However, if they are going to go post on stories, etc, using the narrative of This Homeboy doesn't have a college Degree!  PONZI SCAM MCPONZI!  Isn't really effective media messaging, and is actually kinda counterproductive, in my singular opinion.  

Cult's of Persception, like those we as a society are giving higher education, are like Cult's of personality.    Both are destructive and should be called into check.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

And today i just asked a legit question in a respectful and non-agressive manner after noticing what happened to be a typo and got shadow banned for that...

wow..just wow..

For what it's worth you should have a good chance of being reinstated. E-mail Josh and point out what happened. I just don't see how this could be anything else than a mistake.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:58:31 PM

I do love our education snobs, it's rather cute.

Some of us with our high school degree's do rather well.   I don't have a college degree, and I have had a few interesting jobs with several mil in responsiblity.   Have I been a CEO?   Nope, but regardless.

Also, I might have 140ish credits with no degree, but the cult of Degree = ability is pretty much a empty pandering.   Those Guys at Enron had degree's too!   Degree does not = ability.   Degree =/= ethical business practices, just the ability to sleep through the required class.    Degree =/= Effectiveness.

This isn't a defending Josh post, just a post pointing out that certain judgement criteria =/= effective judgement criteria.  If you want to judge based on prior business ventures, etc?   It creates a much more effective and fact based judgement, in comparison to this one.

Instead of being a defensive prick why don't you read everything I wrote?

...I am not saying you can't be intelligent or successful without a high-school or college degree but the odds are stacked very high against you.

No one said a single word about ethics. You had to bring that into your argument just to have an argument. We are talking about education and competency. If you don't agree with my quote above then you're either a liar, delusional or far less educated than you purport to be.

We are NOT going to sit here and argue the value of a proper education.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:02:26 PM

if those interviews ever appear, I will comment the sh*t out of them!  Grin

That's good, no publicity is bad.

he has no formal education beyond high-school. That's if he ever even graduated high-school.

What you're saying is really rude and unnecessary.

How is it rude and unnecessary? If you want a PC forum you are in the wrong fucking place.

Someone's education is a relevant topic when he's a "CEO" of a company that people invest in. It speaks to his experience and knowledge as well as overall ambition. You are not going to find any "real" CEO's with only a highschool education. So this is highly relevant topic.

I agree, it is ABSOLUTELY necessary when this guy is handling millions of OTHER people's dollars. The guy can't even type up a simple marketing-style whitepaper without mistakes in the first sentence.

That is frightening.

Thank you as well. As an engineer in college I never thought English would play such an important role in my education. However, as I had to take technical writing classes to graduate, I soon learned differently. It was drilled into me that just as accurate as my "math" had to be, so did my English. I was taught that an engineer's English was even more scrutinized as technical document's and procedures and proposals could not be ambiguous at all and must be exact. Technical writing is a very difficult thing to master. I don't think I mastered it but I became quite proficient. With that said, I have always scrutinized technical documents and I find no excuse for many errors. Maybe I could understand a few typos but the sheer amount of mistakes he makes is nothing short of appalling.

You know... There may be a legitimate disorder going on here... Not trying to be insulting at all.. But he's probably a text book narcisist.

Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

He fits just ALL about the majority of the criteria. I included only those that I believed applied.. There was about 2-3 that didn't apply... So he's got about 10 of 15 or so traits.

I absolutely believe him to be a narcissist bordering on megalomaniac. I have posted about this before.
elrugrim

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:05:55 PM

Some of us with our high school degree's do rather well.   I don't have a college degree, and I have had a few interesting jobs with several mil in responsiblity.   Have I been a CEO?   Nope, but regardless.

Also, I might have 140ish credits with no degree, but the cult of Degree = ability is pretty much a empty pandering.   Those Guys at Enron had degree's too!   Degree does not = ability.   Degree =/= ethical business practices, just the ability to sleep through the required class.    Degree =/= Effectiveness.

...I am not saying you can't be intelligent or successful without a high-school or college degree but the odds are stacked very high against you.

No one said a single word about ethics. You had to bring that into your argument just to have an argument. We are talking about education and competency. If you don't agree with my quote above then you're either a liar, delusional or far less educated than you purport to be.

I wasn't being a defensive prick.   It's amusing how much you seem to read into text on a screen.

I said a word about ethics, because after Basic book keeping, Business Ethic's SHOULD be the next most important part of an education one would get from a college degree in business.    That is the entire reason I personally brought it up, because that to me is one of the PRIMARY benefits of having a business education.

We are talking about education and competency, the degree encompasses those things required to get the certification of said education.    Also, I agree, the odds are stacked against one without the degree, but that included networking chances that college provides, not just raw knowledge gained.

Saying "agree with me or your a liar, delusional, or far less educationed then you purport to be."  Isn't a strong arguement.  
It's more "Be on the Team, and supportive, and don't question me, or I will ban you from my forums."  type of thought pattern.

I'm not educated.   I had some college, and many courses that counted for credits that I didn't want to deal with.   I learned most of what I know from teaching myself.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:06:51 PM

Got to? If asking why I did remove the link its because KC6TTR is right and I respect his knowledge about BTC, laws, the information he has posted on the old and new hashtalk (I was a member of old forum,  a founding member) +++ he is a ham radio operator (lots of knowledge there with frequencies, weather, electricity etc etc etc) Members like KC have helped Gaw with many ideas. DarkKnight also had to school Eric on how to program some things. There are so many other members I will not mention.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/is-zenminer-scamming-us.328082/

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/zenminer-unmoderated-service-discussion-thread.320652/page-9#post-7608081
Have fun

I appreciate the kind words. I will admit I guilty of blowing off steam too on occasion, but I am trying to keep us focused on the task at hand in the face of both Mr. HashTitan and his attorney who are here reading everything we talk about. Although this, in itself, does not concern me as this is a free society and we are "hashing" away on a public web forum, if/when this saga does get to court, the primary people involved in bringing the truth surrounding "GAW Gate" to the surface and/or helping those injured by the business actions of Mr. HashTitan et al. will be (and already have been) put under undue scrutiny as one of the very few defense strategies Mt. GAW will have available to him/them. Regardless, that is why there are whistleblower protection laws that extend outside the "financial" industry here in the US that are enforced by numerous local and federal government agencies acting in conjunction with one another and independently depending on the circumstances. With that said, we just half to be extra careful to keep photos of kids and other unrelated family members out of our discussions here even if Mr. HashTitan has no expressed concern showing his underage child on the Internet.

Again, thanks for understanding!

KC, usually your on spot with links and sources. Where did you obtain this info?

If True it's furtherr proof that he's been lying about things all along.
Must of the information I have collected is directly from the source via PM’s and emails from Mr. HashTitan trying to [loosely] prove his claims of who he knows and how much was paid for web domains/companies, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to investigate the volunteered comments and claims to see how factual they are.

For example, Tesla Motors has media and legal contacts (see below) you can poll for verification/comment or you can even try Elon’s email address given to me by Mr. HashTitan, which is elon@teslamotors.com. Just don't be too offended if it gets you nowhere or you receive a generic form-mail reply stating that address does not accept email. Better yet, if you're in California like me, and have business in the neighborhood of Tesla Motors, zip up the coast and stop on by their headquarters in your wife's grey Tesla-S and say, "YO! SNAP! Where's Mr. E?!” Actually, they are very welcoming (and funny/smart - while mostly being under the age of 35). I am just a tad over 40 and I felt old (and a little jealous of their jobs). ;-)

press@teslamotors.com
Tesla Headquarters
3500 Deer Creek
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 681-5000

Additional information will be presented soon.

Re: Peoples' mispriced hashlets getting snagged up at the speed of light

I am seriously considering bringing back GateGate.com and making it a simple place for people to fill out some narrative feedback forms explaining their circumstances and losses from this “trend” that appears to be taking shape regarding many people losing their hashlets they intended on selling. In that regards, points to keep in mind in debating if there actually is an upside for Mt. GAW to grab hashlets for near to nothing even if they have the ability to “produce” as many as they wish in-house.

A.   As eluded to in the beginning, every hashlet has a traceable ID # assigned to it. So, it cannot be easily destroyed or transferred without a digital-paper trail – unless it/they are clustered or merged together in 2, 5, 10, 20, 25MH packs by the system.
B.   Mt. GAW has some big supporters who are also resellers.
C.   It has been demonstrated in the past some of these resellers (caugh – volder – caugh) have the ability to moderate HT and gain insider info regarding Mt. GAW and its marketplace. I have to look, but I believe his day job involves being an IT professional in Bakersfield, CA.
D.   In theory, it would be very easy for a reseller or employee of Mt. GAW to be allocated or allowed to have access to these hashlets grabs for near nothing cost wise so they can then turn around and sell them at a larger profit both on the Mt. GAW market and their own markets. Either way, Mt. GAW makes money and more times than not, much more than 10%; all while claiming plausible deniability.

Case in point and a reasonable summary to support the possibility of the above, when the PRIME’s were “taken off the market” a little over a month ago, within hours and after at least two people reported their PRIME hashlets for sale where snagged for near nothing, numerous resellers had stock of the PRIMES out of the blue. Likewise, even Mt. GAW had “found” some extras. The next morning, it was reported at least one reseller (mostly volder) had sold hashlets with ID #’s that equated up to 25 the hashing power sold. Oopsie.. did someone forget to unpack the “merged” hashlets and assign new/different ID #’s?? This resulted in the first major ALL-ACCOUNT system lockdown, the removable of hashlets from customer accounts, the alleged unauthorized changing of customer credit cards, the accusation of customer theft by Mt. GAW, and ongoing multi-day holds on BTC payouts just to name a few.

Things that make you go hmmm…..
Scott-
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:07:21 PM

Anyway - think we know where people stand. Let's move on!!!
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:08:53 PM

Not letting defensiveness get in the way of any of my arguements.   My wife makes decisions on applications for masters programs at an ivy league school (which means that the stellar canidates already have degrees)  so I have a rather inside look at college graduates at a certain level.   It might be a familiarity breeds contempt deal, but your original asseration was-   What CEO only has a high school degree.

So.. in defense of my point (and here, I will be defensive, because I feel that the arguement about education levels actually weakens the thread)  I will provide a few examples

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Steve Jobs - etc

Bill Gates had been at Harvard for a couple years or more before founding Microsoft and he also had Steve Ballmer who got his degree in business.  Lets look at Steve Jobs who built Apple from the ground up but he wasn't a business man by any means he was more of a visionary and had other people running the business.  He was even fired from Apple because of the decisions he was making which were pulling the company apart.  Zuckerberg is kind of the same way, just watching interviews with him there is no way he would be able to run Facebook or kept it going by himself without any kind of help from actual businessmen.  Josh seems to want to do it all make all the decisions and do what he pleases.  He seems like the kind of guy that if you said No Josh that would be a bad idea you would get fired.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:09:13 PM

he has no formal education beyond high-school. That's if he ever even graduated high-school.

How is it rude and unnecessary? If you want a PC forum you are in the wrong fucking place.

Someone's education is a relevant topic when he's a "CEO" of a company that people invest in. It speaks to his experience and knowledge as well as overall ambition. You are not going to find any "real" CEO's with only a highschool education. So this is highly relevant topic.

I agree, it is ABSOLUTELY necessary when this guy is handling millions of OTHER people's dollars. The guy can't even type up a simple marketing-style whitepaper without mistakes in the first sentence.

That is frightening.

Thank you as well. As an engineer in college I never thought English would play such an important role in my education. However, as I had to take technical writing classes to graduate, I soon learned differently. It was drilled into me that just as accurate as my "math" had to be, so did my English. I was taught that an engineer's English was even more scrutinized as technical document's and procedures and proposals could not be ambiguous at all and must be exact. Technical writing is a very difficult thing to master. I don't think I mastered it but I became quite proficient. With that said, I have always scrutinized technical documents and I find no excuse for many errors. Maybe I could understand a few typos but the sheer amount of mistakes he makes is nothing short of appalling.

I agree 100%.
Even email communication is very important and many people fail to see this. I work with many other engineers (from many different countries) and their written skills go from go to horrible-kill-me-know.
Sometimes I can't tell if they did something, or they were asking me if they could so something, or if they were saying they were going to do it in the future. Sometimes it's bad and it leads to wasting time and money.
English is not my native language but I make my best effort to make it as clear as possible in every email and document.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Steve Jobs - etc

ALL you are doing is being defensive. No one cares what your wife does or what records you look at. That proves absolutely nothing and is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. You are choosing to judge people solely on some pieces of paper your wife shouldn't legally be letting you look at in the first place. I'm quite sure your wife must have been college educated to get the job she has. His lack of education strengthens this thread as to his ignorance and incompetence. Would you like me to post a list of all those WITH degrees that are successful???

You list 6 people. My list won't fit in this forum.
elrugrim

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:12:24 PM

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Steve Jobs - etc

Bill Gates had been at Harvard for a couple years or more before founding Microsoft and he also had Steve Ballmer who got his degree in business.  Lets look at Steve Jobs who built Apple from the ground up but he wasn't a business man by any means he was more of a visionary and had other people running the business.  He was even fired from Apple because of the decisions he was making which were pulling the company apart.  Zuckerberg is kind of the same way, just watching interviews with him there is no way he would be able to run Facebook or kept it going by himself without any kind of help from actual businessmen.  Josh seems to want to do it all make all the decisions and do what he pleases.  He seems like the kind of guy that if you said No Josh that would be a bad idea you would get fired.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

I won't correct you, there is a Key point your missing in my statement you quoted though.

However, I was just using some examples of well known American business behemoths.
I didn't mention Sam Walton because he had a degree, but I figured 5 examples of businesses that where started with non-degree holders was a reasonable sample size.

bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:16:21 PM

That is frightening.
First of all drop the swear words when talking to me.
It's not his education I was referring to but this part: "That's if he ever even graduated high-school." That was rude!
What's wrong with you people? There are other ways to unload your anger.

Don't forget that it's not education that matters, but experience. You learn more by doing it than by reading about it Wink

Nicely said elrugrim, I couldn't agree more!

What I said about if he ever even graduated high-school was a serious inquiry, as I questioned whether it was verified or not, and not anything but that. He may very well not even possess a high-school education which would make me and I'm quite sure many others even more suspicious.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

I wasn't being a defensive prick.   It's amusing how much you seem to read into text on a screen.

I said a word about ethics, because after Basic book keeping, Business Ethic's SHOULD be the next most important part of an education one would get from a college degree in business.    That is the entire reason I personally brought it up, because that to me is one of the PRIMARY benefits of having a business education.

We are talking about education and competency, the degree encompasses those things required to get the certification of said education.    Also, I agree, the odds are stacked against one without the degree, but that included networking chances that college provides, not just raw knowledge gained.

Saying "agree with me or your a liar, delusional, or far less educationed then you purport to be."  Isn't a strong arguement.  
It's more "Be on the Team, and supportive, and don't question me, or I will ban you from my forums."  type of thought pattern.

I'm not educated.   I had some college, and many courses that counted for credits that I didn't want to deal with.   I learned most of what I know from teaching myself.

ANYONE that doesn't agree with this statement "...I am not saying you can't be intelligent or successful without a high-school or college degree but the odds are stacked very high against you." is a liar, is delusional or is extremely uneducated.
elrugrim

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

Why are you being so defensive bitcoinnoisseur?

All These threads have been stating is that in any postings about GAW that come from these mythical media companies that will be doing stories on them, the fixation of the level of formal educational honor's given?  Not the most effective or useful arguement to make on it.   There are Plenty of better arguements.    The arguement can be made, but the target audience, there is going to be a % of people that resonates with someone when they are being critiqued on their educational level.   Thus not very effective propoganda.

I don't look at records, I get to listen to my wife complain about people who can't figure out basic requirements and call when information is readily and freely available in multiple ways and forms.   So my wife isn't legally causing issues, though I love how you want to try and make it an issue of law.    So cute!  My wife?  Yes, she has a degree, and I'm happy for her.   Degree's are not bad things, they are just not holy writ nor should they be treated as such.    Eventually, she will make more then me because of it, I hope, and then maybe I can enjoy life as a kept man!  It would be nice.

I already said that examples to the contrary are in the minority, so why are you so fixated on this irrationally Bit?  Seriously.   Step back, read all the threads again, and break out of the OCD trance of rejecting any statement that doesn't fit your internal narrative of being attacked by me.
elrugrim

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:25:21 PM

Screw it, lets stop derailing the thread, and get back to the more important issues here.   This is ending up in a verbal circle jerk that will have no real resolution.    Back to GAW.
Melkunov

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:42:09 PM

Paycoin: The People's Money

Hmm...sounds familiar

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea

People's Republic of China
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:05:47 PM

Why are you being so defensive bitcoinnoisseur?

All These threads have been stating is that in any postings about GAW that come from these mythical media companies that will be doing stories on them, the fixation of the level of formal educational honor's given?  Not the most effective or useful arguement to make on it.   There are Plenty of better arguements.    The arguement can be made, but the target audience, there is going to be a % of people that resonates with someone when they are being critiqued on their educational level.   Thus not very effective propoganda.

I don't look at records, I get to listen to my wife complain about people who can't figure out basic requirements and call when information is readily and freely available in multiple ways and forms.   So my wife isn't legally causing issues, though I love how you want to try and make it an issue of law.    So cute!  My wife?  Yes, she has a degree, and I'm happy for her.   Degree's are not bad things, they are just not holy writ nor should they be treated as such.    Eventually, she will make more then me because of it, I hope, and then maybe I can enjoy life as a kept man!  It would be nice.

I already said that examples to the contrary are in the minority, so why are you so fixated on this irrationally Bit?  Seriously.   Step back, read all the threads again, and break out of the OCD trance of rejecting any statement that doesn't fit your internal narrative of being attacked by me.

I made logical statements based on what I know. You turned it into an "Education isn't important" discussion for all the other completely irrelevant things you listed. I'm done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: