Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376906 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

Not letting defensiveness get in the way of any of my arguements.   My wife makes decisions on applications for masters programs at an ivy league school (which means that the stellar canidates already have degrees)  so I have a rather inside look at college graduates at a certain level.   It might be a familiarity breeds contempt deal, but your original asseration was-   What CEO only has a high school degree.

So.. in defense of my point (and here, I will be defensive, because I feel that the arguement about education levels actually weakens the thread)  I will provide a few examples

For the Record-  I am Not comparing Josh to ANY of these people what so ever.

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Bill Gates -  No degree when he was creating his company
Steve Jobs - etc
Mark Zuckerburg - see above
Henry Ford -  Honestly I think but am not sure.

I know a lot more homeless people with out degrees that there are CEOs.  I have a better sampling.  I also have a large sampling of CEOs with degrees.  Larger than this set.  Cherry picking specifically CEOs without degrees does not prove anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

Well I just became one of the fools that accidentally sells a large block of MH on Zenportal for $10. I was selling some Zens at $10.24 ($10.75 after GAW adds its 5% to sale price and $9.73 to me after it takes its 5% cut from the seller) the miners move every time one is renamed or sold and it seems that they moved as I clicked and I didn't notice so I sold a batch of Hashlets I paid over $1500 for at a total price of $9.73.
The hashlets were literally gone before my finger came up from the click which makes me wonder if the suggestions on hashtalk (long since deleted) that GAW automatically buys all these mistake sales are true.

That sucks. I do believe they auto buy at a certain price threshold as well.

I've heard this before... why would they buy their own virtual miners from you?  They can keep spitting out as many virtual miners as they wish at full price.

I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

Well I just became one of the fools that accidentally sells a large block of MH on Zenportal for $10. I was selling some Zens at $10.24 ($10.75 after GAW adds its 5% to sale price and $9.73 to me after it takes its 5% cut from the seller) the miners move every time one is renamed or sold and it seems that they moved as I clicked and I didn't notice so I sold a batch of Hashlets I paid over $1500 for at a total price of $9.73.
The hashlets were literally gone before my finger came up from the click which makes me wonder if the suggestions on hashtalk (long since deleted) that GAW automatically buys all these mistake sales are true.

I've heard this before... why would they buy their own virtual miners from you?  They can keep spitting out as many virtual miners as they wish at full price.

If they buy there is no payments to send out, if someone else buys they send payments to someone.

corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:23:50 PM

Because then they've bought the loan back at %5 of face value and don't have to pay out anymore.

When you buy hashlets, you are essentially loaning josh money and he pays you back in tiny amounts over time.
puwaha

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:30:58 PM

Someone's education is a relevant topic when he's a "CEO" of a company that people invest in. It speaks to his experience and knowledge as well as overall ambition. You are not going to find any "real" CEO's with only a highschool education. So this is highly relevant topic.

You've got to be kidding me!

Here's a list of a hundred... and it's not even recent:

http://www.businessinsider.com/top-100-entrepreneurs-who-made-millions-without-a-college-degree-2011-1

I mean a few tech titans roll off the head immediately... Gates, Jobs, Woz...

puwaha

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:42:59 PM

If they buy there is no payments to send out, if someone else buys they send payments to someone.

But isn't this part of the major gripe here, is that the payouts are low after the fees?  With a virtual miner they can literally pay you anything (within reason) they see fit.  Oh... BTC/USD had a bad day... your multihashlet is now in the red... here's a satoshi to keep you warm and fuzzy... always profitable!

They don't have to have an inventory to keep on hand, so buying back doesn't do a thing for them.

I get your argument... but it doesn't make sense in the virtual miner world.
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

But isn't this part of the major gripe here, is that the payouts are low after the fees?  With a virtual miner they can literally pay you anything (within reason) they see fit.  Oh... BTC/USD had a bad day... your multihashlet is now in the red... here's a satoshi to keep you warm and fuzzy... always profitable!

They don't have to have an inventory to keep on hand, so buying back doesn't do a thing for them.

I think it is primarily on ZenHashlets and Primes that they do it on since they are really the only ones I have heard this happening to.  Primes since they can mine anything, boost, and double dip.  Then Zens since they mine a higher payout pool.  By GAW buying all these back at such a low price they don't have to payout BTC to those sellers anymore. 
corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:55:06 PM

With a virtual miner they can literally pay you anything

And nooowwww you get it.

Tell me why I'm making around 7 or to 8 cents per day per MH/s over at Genesis...but GAW hashlets are bringing in 1 lousy satoshi?

Josh is playing everybody for a fool. He's making it to where you have no choice but to mine hashpoints. So people are buying up tons of hashlets and he isn't having to pay them back.
puwaha

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:07:27 PM

And nooowwww you get it.

Tell me why I'm making around 7 or to 8 cents per day per MH/s over at Genesis...but GAW hashlets are bringing in 1 lousy satoshi?

Josh is playing everybody for a fool. He's making it to where you have no choice but to mine hashpoints. So people are buying up tons of hashlets and he isn't having to pay them back.

Oh, I got it a long time ago.  When I first signed up, I bought one Zen, and one Multi.  It was pretty clear the multi wasn't worth anything, so I dumped it quick at a slight loss.  I still made ฿ 0.0065 with it in 16 days... not great, but I was making some coin and didn't have to eat up my electric bill with a hardware miner.  The Zen was doing fine until a month or so ago.

I don't have a ton invested in Zencloud, so I'm not out anything if it all goes belly up.  But if it hits... then I made my money back plus some.  I'll play a 50/50 lottery anyday.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:07:53 PM

It goes something like this:

Option 1 (no buyback):

step 1: Sell hashlets for ~$10/mh
   step 2: Payout "mining" earnings - ~$6/mh over the miners lifetime (just a guess)

GAWs Profit = $4/mh

Option 2 (buyback):

step 1: Sell hashlets for $10/mh
   step 2: Payout earnings until the miner is sold back to GAW - maybe $1/mh.
   step 3: Buyback hashlet for pennies on the dollar due to misleading sell form - (GAW might buy 50 mh/s for $5 or ~$0.1/mh)

GAWs profit = $8.9/mh

GAW has an incentive to buyback any shares that are being sold for less than the expected lifetime earnings.

Even though hashlet payouts are piss poor, the lifetime earnings are still an order of magnitude higher than the $/mh some people are accidentally selling their miners for.
welchy8764

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:12:36 PM

This one is pretty cool. First time I've seen a shadowban happen right before my eyes. So this user posted roughly the same question I had - is it CNN or CCN?

https://hashtalk.org/user/tom_ewok

@Tom_Ewok said:

@GAW_CEO said:

So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.
    Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture).

Is it CNN, CCN or both ? These aren't exactly the same thing :smile:

... and got shadow banned almost immediately Grin

OP was corrected to say "CNN" in both places.

Ok, I understand the typo, the correction, perhaps the one post could be justifiably deleted because it doesn't make sense anymore after the correction, but to use the sleazy coward shadow ban - that's some heavy handed moderation. Done personally by the CEO apparently: OP "last edited by GAW_CEO 12 minutes ago".

I can confirm that i'm shadow banned..

I've been a member of Hashtalk for a few months now, always been helpful and respectful i think.
I've been doing translations of each of Josh announcements in french for a few french members who had difficulties with english.
I reported several bugs to Eric from Zenminer instead of abusing it (and trust me i could had made a lot of money from exploiting these), even got a bounty for that and Eric telling me that he appreciated my honesty.

And today i just asked a legit question in a respectful and non-agressive manner after noticing what happened to be a typo and got shadow banned for that...

wow..just wow..

And that is what happened to me for commenting on the CEO's management skills and tactics. Guess the only way he can defend his idiotic statements is to shut-up the ones asking the legit questions. The membership on hashtalk should be falling now!!  Grin Grin
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:13:53 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 08:25:18 AM by I_IZ_CEO

He did get personal with a quote from Gavin last night, and I think it was very stupid of him, he quoted “I don't know nuthin about ‘cloud mining’, I guess that still burns him.

From CNN I mean CCN :p

Gavin Andresen, perhaps the most respected and well-known Bitcoin developer today, made a rather interesting statement about Bitcoin cloud mining the other day, and the strange thing is that it went basically unnoticed by the community as a whole. Redditor /u/zapt0 asked the /r/Bitcoin community about mining contracts and whether or not they could be solid investments, and most of the responses were rather negative when discussion came to the long term prospects of earning money through one of these cloud mining contracts. Gavin echoed the general sentiment found in other responses, but he also took his view on the subject to the next level by stating, “I suspect many of [the Bitcoin cloud mining companies] will turn out to be Ponzi schemes.”

welchy8764

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:17:16 PM

I questioned GAW's design of this process and I think they did not change because they have a way to pick up these mistakes and profit from it. Why would they not reprogram to sell as a single MH/GH unit so the mistake could not be made? It doesn't make any sense.
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:19:52 PM

Because then they've bought the loan back at %5 of face value and don't have to pay out anymore.

When you buy hashlets, you are essentially loaning josh money and he pays you back in tiny amounts over time.

Are you describing how your cloud mining runs? It's funny how on this forum every scam company is trying to push itself above all other similar scams.

bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:27:08 PM

Not letting defensiveness get in the way of any of my arguements.   My wife makes decisions on applications for masters programs at an ivy league school (which means that the stellar canidates already have degrees)  so I have a rather inside look at college graduates at a certain level.   It might be a familiarity breeds contempt deal, but your original asseration was-   What CEO only has a high school degree.

So.. in defense of my point (and here, I will be defensive, because I feel that the arguement about education levels actually weakens the thread)  I will provide a few examples

For the Record-  I am Not comparing Josh to ANY of these people what so ever.

Ray Croc-  No Degree
Walt Disney-  No Degree
Bill Gates -  No degree when he was creating his company
Steve Jobs - etc
Mark Zuckerburg - see above
Henry Ford -  Honestly I think but am not sure.

I know a lot more homeless people with out degrees that there are CEOs.  I have a better sampling.  I also have a large sampling of CEOs with degrees.  Larger than this set.  Cherry picking specifically CEOs without degrees does not prove anything.

Your grammar is horrendous which leads me to believe you have very little education yourself. When entering an argument about intelligence and competence and literacy you might want to take the time to properly form your sentences. I'm still trying to decipher everything you wrote to figure out exactly what you were trying to say and how it would fit into any argument here. No one is cherry picking any CEO. All that was stated was that you are far more likely to be intelligent and successful with a college degree. If you want to believe that your argument, whatever it may be, holds any validity, then have at it.
Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:30:26 PM

One picture better than hundred words (payouts for 1Gh/s, fees deducted):

As you can see, we could compare 3 "real" mining compagny with Gaw... Tell me why they dont follow everyone else curves ? Because they are not mining, they are speculating on "other thing" related to mining.

Side note, as you can see, Gaw is not the most profitable.

Have fun.

But what about ZeusHash? It does not  follow everyone else curves either? What does that mean? And it is even worse than GAW.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 11:52:17 PM by bitcoinnoisseur

Someone's education is a relevant topic when he's a "CEO" of a company that people invest in. It speaks to his experience and knowledge as well as overall ambition. You are not going to find any "real" CEO's with only a highschool education. So this is highly relevant topic.

You've got to be kidding me!

Here's a list of a hundred... and it's not even recent:

http://www.businessinsider.com/top-100-entrepreneurs-who-made-millions-without-a-college-degree-2011-1

I mean a few tech titans roll off the head immediately... Gates, Jobs, Woz...

Having an actual college degree only means you stayed at a college and finished your education there. Not having a high-school degree is a completely different story. Again would you like me to post a list of successful people or entrepreneurs WITH degrees? The fact that there are some successful entrepreneurs without college degrees is NOT a valid argument that can be used against the fact that there are far, far, far more with college degrees.
Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:34:43 AM

The truth is that you do not need college level of education to be successful person. It is a common misconception, majority of people think that diploma of reputable university will grant you money and success. While it may be true it is not always the case. I've seen many idiots and losers with high level of education in my life I also seen some clever and wise people with only grade school finished.

tl;dr It is absolutely irrelevant and not meaningful what is your level of education. If you can do something right, you are good with it, you have ideas and can make them real it is all you need to be successful.

████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
   24 hour Customer Support   

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:38:27 AM

Cunning little shit. 'just completed my media tour' + 'don't know when it will show up'

Incongruous.

If these media outlets clamored to get the breaking news, first scoop of the greatest thing since sliced bread; Homero's Hit Hashing things, it would be broadcast or put to print yesterday.

That is the idea of his announcement, where in reality someone something nudged and pushed and forced there way in to these media outlets under what exactly?  Here's an interesting story about the current scheme of things, crypto currency? Are you looking for an 'xspurt' in crypto currency to bolster up a story you might be doing down the road, here, take our rent ::grinning:: idiot Homero to answer your questions, and in lieu of a fee mention his shitty little operation. IF you even follow through on your own article on this sphere.

LOL @ doing a media tour and not knowing if it will be followed through.

What a con-artist.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:45:02 AM

The truth is that you do not need college level of education to be successful person. It is a common misconception, majority of people think that diploma of reputable university will grant you money and success. While it may be true it is not always the case. I've seen many idiots and losers with high level of education in my life I also seen some clever and wise people with only grade school finished.

tl;dr It is absolutely irrelevant and not meaningful what is your level of education. If you can do something right, you are good with it, you have ideas and can make them real it is all you need to be successful.

In my day job I get to see credit/income information from people in all professions. Most people would be shocked if they really knew which category of people earn/acquire the most wealth. If you did know you would encourage your children to learn a trade and start their own business. You certainly would not advise them to earn a Liberal Arts degree and take on $100,000+ in debt.

Not to jump into the middle of this "discussion" but the current college system in the US is horribly broken in my opinion. We send way too many kids to College.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: