Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376908 times)
demonz

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:04:21 PM

This has become the world's most boring thread ...

Thanks for contributing!  Kiss Have you been reading the last few pages? HT cheerleaders came in and answered a few questions posed by myself and others. Then the CEO of GAW came in and said some candid responses. Was pretty entertaining..

Let's sum up the last few pages for the later comers..

1) GAW still refuses to release their mining address due to "personal reasons".  Huh

Quote from: GAW Miners_CEO
"Want the honest answer? I have no interest in people knowing how much power we have. I have my reasons for it, and its ok if you can not come up with that they might be. I am in a different position then anyone here, so its only natural that I am going to have a different perspective on some things."

We all know has miners but maybe they don't have enough to justify payouts? If that's true then it would definitely sink the ship and is a good reason why he won't give it out. Occam's razor usually works in this case.

2) No response as to why payouts does not go to a recent block creation.

Payouts are mixed in a hot wallet with new/old coin. This could be legitimate, but it doesn't help transparency which his needed in Cloud Mining.

3) ZenPool negotiations have finished but payout rates haven't been restored. GAW CEO States,

"I can tell you as of this morning, we are producing almost twice the payout amounts we need to meet the requirements of our customers." He also states " have am planning on changing this entire structure very soon. I am making all the maintenance changes at one time."

Bold text doesn't make sense. If you are producing TWICE the payout amounts, where is the extra going? Stuffing your pockets? Maybe payouts were cut intentionally so they could take in all the BTC needed for development of PayCoin? I guess time will tell what happens to Zens. According to twitter, there is a plan for Zens to be upgraded to the new Hashlet.

4) Shadow bans are due to a bug in HT software and are not intentional.

CEO states 
"There have been many cases account have been banned by accident. I have seen a dozen or so accounts that this has happened to, and I think its a technical issue, my developers still can not provide reason. In either case, I apologize you were banned in error, I have already reversed it. Long and short, we do make mistakes. Whether human error or system."

Ill end with this..
Whether you guys believe it or not, I want the same thing you guys do. For crypto to be successful.

I really hope this is true because if this does turn out to be a big scam/ponzi it will be terrible for everyone involved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
docco

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

have they shown hardware photos?
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:58:35 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 02:11:14 PM by AtomicFrost

have they shown hardware photos?

They have shows a few pictures of some hardware. However, pictures of a few racks of miners don't prove they aren't doing fractional mining / are mining 1:1.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/19212/mining-statement

TLDR: No mining proof other than pictures will be released because
the release of this information will cause issues for our company in the near future.

Their reasoning is on that thread. Pretty much they don't want people to track their transactions. They also have been using "proprietary mining software and systems" which would be exposed if they gave out the addresses. Why they wouldn't / don't use multiple address to keep everything separated for much easier accounting? I have no clue.

So instead of releasing solid proof of mining 1:1 GAW is planing a silly publicity stunt . . .

Here is what I am going to do
During our next Q & A (Video Conference), I’m going to carry a pink can of spray paint, and hold the conference live from the Data Center. I will let dial-in users choose where they want me to spray paint (anywhere in the DC). At the end, I will paint on the floor “This is my house!”

That'll inspire confidence that GAW is a serious business venture . . .  Cheesy
chmick

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

Hi all.

It's not clear to me .

Do we have to do something to convert hashpoint to paycoin or will it done automatically ??

If yes when is it supposed to happened ?

I saw in the "filter hashlets" list a paycoin origin hashlet ? what is this ?? it does not appear on miner page ??
AnimoEsto

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

Hi all.

It's not clear to me .

Do we have to do something to convert hashpoint to paycoin or will it done automatically ??

If yes when is it supposed to happened ?

I saw in the "filter hashlets" list a paycoin origin hashlet ? what is this ?? it does not appear on miner page ??

Hi

The Paycoin Origin hashlet was given to 17 people that were nominated on the forums, you cannot buy it, and it would be upto the individuals that gained the hashlets whether they wanted to sell it and for how much.

As regards the Hashpoint to Paycoin conversion, that will happen automatically.

Animo

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

Soon LAZYHASHX will launch BUYCOIN!

ICO price 0.01$  Price in 1 month 100$ !
GET IN NOW!
Well, I have to go and prepare for another event. I only have 2 mins left for my customers because I have better things to do.
We can not disclose the full power of the LAZYHASHX Blackhole BUYCOIN Themovacum power because it would rip a hole in our mining pool that has been optimized to mine only BUYCOIN with themovacum technology. If we were to unleash the full brutal power on another mining pool for one second to prove our power we would tear a unrepairable hole in the time space continumum. Therefore our hashing power is a secret, just trust us, so that I can go to my events. 

Some BUYCOIN Pseudo Proof of Concept Code:

Blackhole::TI_Vaccum_Transaction() {
TI1 = Warp Proof-of-Work Hash (nBlockHeight ~ Proof-of-Transactional-Vaccumility(nth) );
TI2 = SHA256( TI1 ) * HyperDifficulty(n);
TI3 = Return ( TI2 – BUYCOIN CARDS(X=Time left to go to event( directive ) );
return xCTI3;
}
Warptimefold::TI_Locked_Transactions of banned users() {
TILT = Translucent.TI_Sent_Transaction();
if ( TILT = Timefold_X+tx23(Verified_Transaction( mrch ) ) {
ThermoBlockConfirmation = true + A;
T14=OP RETURN LOOP =
If fail (Distraction A:have no time)
If fail (Distraction B:countdown) If fail (Distraction C:big secret blah)
}
}

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

It has been updated with PAYCOIN!
This will be bigger than bitcoin, now off to pay a bunch of websites to run articles.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:47:40 PM

Totally unfair, I stepped out for a few hours and you had all the fun  Roll Eyes

So we had some high profile visitors. I appreciate the HT folks stepping in and appreciate you guys keeping it respectful and on topic  Grin

Thank you demonz for the tldr.

Here is one thing that's bothering me - jmordica who I thought was the smart one came up with this story which is even less believable than "I have no interest in people knowing how much power we have". He's talking about "higher BTC per GH/s" and "mix of mined, minted and earned coins" and the inability to prove than mined coins are sent to an address. Seriously? Every legit pool and cloud service can do that including most of your competitors but you can't?

https://hashtalk.org/topic/19212

Take a peek:

https://blockchain.info/pools
https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

Now for the good news:

https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/536198344369258498

Should see zenpool in the 3s soon, maybe even in the 4s

Which i assume means 0.0003-0.0004 BTC per MH/s, which is quite good these days (LTC is at 0.0002).

Poppy

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:51:53 PM

I cant seem to really follow this thread, can someone break down in bullet points on whats going on.

so the news is they have a coin to be published?
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Can not find a good post about these guys anymore, reddit is blowing up with bad vibes from these guys.

GAW ZenCloud Hahlets ripping people off don't do it!  r/dogemining/
Hello it is almost 11/21/14 and I figured I would share this with the mining community!
I just got into the hashlet thing about a couple of weeks ago I have purchased more and more miners as the weeks have progressed I steadily seen in increase in payouts with the more miners I've purchased as to be expected. The last two days I have seen my investment TANK!
People are selling miners for dirt cheap hoping to get out of the scam that is being perpetuated the same miners I bought two weeks ago are selling on the market for half the price.
I have 35miners I payed an average of 6.00 per miner I invested 210.00 in mining and have been completely ripped off.
I have emailed tech support and they gave the same basic canned response it is what it is and that is that.
I sent them a response saying you know this thing is not going to fix itself you guys are like a group of people in a circle all saying its not me and pointing at the guy next to you I told them that your business will likely flop if you keep this up and really I even gave them the method by which I mine with my hardware miners that provides much more profit they basically said thanks for the advice but we are staying the course tough crap basically thanks for the money!
Now I don't know about you but this surely left a bad taste in my mouth. I am still awaiting their next response but I doubt they will have any solutions for the problem.
But to help people along and stop them from losing there hard earned doge or money I figured I would share to prevent any future fraud from occurring stay away I was losing money the mining I was doing was actually taking BTC from my balance so they "corrected it" giving me .0001 BTC for 140MH of btc miners and 22MH of scrypt miners 3 days ago I was slated to get .0042 btc and at that time I only had 25 miners now I have 35 miners and get payouts of a lot less!
If you are not working on the issue you are stealing our money GAW or Zencloud whatever you choose to go by....
Bottom line is I guess don't panic in case this is a passing thing but I would like to verify that this is not just targeting low payouts for select people and who knows with miners this cheap it may just be the time to buy in for all I know and it is possible that the pools are regulating the amount of payouts so that they can buy hashlets real cheap a lot like the JP Morgan scam years ago.
I can't say whats really going on and no one can to be honest with you but I really feel it is important for everyone to be aware of my venture before you venture on your own it could be a good gamble now or it could remain a dive.
And do not take anyone's advice either way cause no one in the world is absolutely certain about what tomorrow brings.

Anyone else annoyed by the vague updates on hashtalk?   r/GAWMiners/
Like we get it, you think paycoin is going to be cool. Instead of giving us guessing games for prizes, why wouldn't you be selling your product on its merits? This seems so fucking fishy, I hope I didn't waste my time mining some HP.

Of Wolves and Weasels - Day 318 - A Wolf in Shibes Clothing
Hey all, GoodShibe here,
On of the ongoing issues I've had with the mining scene, that I've kind of bit my tongue on for a while, is this idea of 'buying in'. Whether it be DogeDiggers or Hashlets or whatnot, these 'easy money' options never seem to work out well for anyone except the seller.
And why is that?
Well, here's a thread that went up just yesterday:
"GAW ZenCloud Hahlets ripping people off don't do it!"
What are you getting when you buy into these things? Essentially, you're buying a slice of PIE (cold shivers for anyone else?). You're paying to 'buy into' a chunk of their mining process with the idea that you'll get a return in the crypto of your choice.
Except here's the problem: You're buying a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the total Global Hashrate. A fraction that is only going to get smaller as more people join the hunt with their own, actual, hardware. As those people join, pushing up the Global Hashrate and Difficulty, your payouts start to drop.
Which means it becomes increasingly harder and harder to see an actual return on your investment.
And, since you don't own the hardware yourself, you literally can't do anything if they just up and decide to start messing with your payouts. I mean, you can email. Maybe you can sue... until you realize that court costs et al are way, way, way more expensive than any actual payout you might see.
Now, I've heard that some places, what they'll claim to do is 'up' your existing investment to make sure that it's continuing to give the same payouts over time. Which, if you think about it... why would they do that? It's in their own best interests to allow you to become marginalized within their own system. The smaller your share of the PIE gets over time, the more PIE for them to sell to others.
In my opinion, these are not smart investments and they're going to lead to nothing but heartbreak as you watch your payouts dwindle or unexplained 'problems' get in the way of what you were promised (if the whole company doesn't just pack up and take off in the dead of night like some have).
Think of what your $80 or $100 or $200 investment into these miners has netted you and then realize that $200 gets you just over 908,000 DOGE right now at exchange rate.
The two best ways to get your hands on Dogecoin are:
1) Buy it, outright 2) Work for it
There are TONS of jobs out there that need doing and a huge list of Shibes out there offering a host of skills who are willing to work for DOGE.
Just need to get them in touch with one another. You can check out sites like Dogerr.com or even our own 'Hire a Shibe' wiki.
Please, before you get involved with any scenario like this, find out what the realities are. What the best case scenario is for your ROI, but also the worst case. Try to imagine what you'll be walking into, how you'll feel if you dump money into this and it goes sideways in any way.
There are better ways to take part, to help our DOGEconomy, and keep you rolling in DOGE.
It's 8:31AM EST and we've found 95.86% of our initial 100 Billion DOGEs - only 4.14% remains until we reach our soft cap! Our Global Hashrate is up from ~1317 to ~1410 Gigahashes per second and our Difficulty is up from ~17425 to ~20485!
As always, I appreciate your support!
GoodShibe

welchy8764

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:07:02 PM

.. SNIP ..
For example, I consistently see you guys talk about "every" person that talks negatively getting censored, yet there are negative comments about us all over the place on the HT. Additionally, I just counted all the people that have ever been banned by me, and its less then 100 users, which represents less then 1% of the active users there. How is that "everyone"?
.. SNIP

This is BS, you've shadow banned me me twice for no reason, go read my 200 posts and tell me why you've banned me.

You might also want to look up MiningAddict, you've shadow banned this one for posting an article about Apple being #2 internet re seller with $18.3 billions of sales per year on the Internet.  

You're clearly abusing your powers and banning people for no valid reason.  What are the odds I was banned twice for bogus reasons and nobody else got banned for bogus reasons, none!

You are correct, I just looked up your account, and there is no reason it should have be banned.

There have been many cases account have been banned by accident. I have seen a dozen or so accounts that this has happened to, and I think its a technical issue, my developers still can not provide reason. In either case, I apologize you were banned in error, I have already reversed it. Long and short, we do make mistakes. Whether human error or system.

Then if that's the case and you're still the only one who can undo those bans its completely ridiculous, no reason given, no mod knows why and they can't see 0 of the posts, no one can undo them, no appeal possible. I messaged half the mods, Amanda, Amber on the forum and PM you an easy 10 times with no reply.  I have to bitch and moan on BCT for it to be reversed.

I agree with you, everybody makes mistakes but the fact that there is no way to appeal those bans and you're the only one with power to undo them makes it look and feel quite different, it look very bad and feels very personal.

We are, no doubt, very short handed on people to do this. Its not by design, its a resource issue.

The fact that you've found "two" in a short time should tell you there is a bigger problem. It should suggest to you there is a bigger problem than just two. When I asked a mod why I was 'shadow' banned with no notification I was told they had no way of knowing and that I could appeal it if I wanted to. I shouldn't have to do that and frankly its not worth filling out a form to regain access to a whitewashed forum. I shouldn't find out I'm shadow banned by logging on with a different computer one day to see none of my posts are visible.

As someone who has been a customer of GAW since before the Founders club was even announced, its a huge slap in the face to be disrespected like that and yet be constantly told that HT is all about respect. Respect does not just go one way.

Thinking back to the very first version of HT (before it was HT), I find it very interesting to see how many of the early frequent posters have moved on or sold their positions. I was coming up with quite a list when I thought about it the other day. Quite a number of them I haven't seen posting on HT lately.

The fact the you quoted this, suggest that you read what you quoted. If you did, you would have read that there are times were bans happen in error. I even explained what to look for when that happens.

If you have not posted any disrespectful comments, it could mean the same thing happened to you. We have no reason to bamboozle you on a free forum, especially if there is nothing wrong. What is the users name, I have about 10 more min here, but I will go look it up

I too was banned for speaking up and giving counter points to all the brainwashed folks on HT. My experience tells me that the issues and approach along with the numbers not adding up smelled fishy. So I wanted questions answered and was banned. I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time on HT? I did have some relationships but those guys are long gone. I actually dont care anymore. All the best Mr Garza. Word of advice "Try keeping your mouth closed for a bit" This goes a long way for credibility. Action speaks louder than words!!
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

Of Wolves and Weasels - Day 318 - A Wolf in Shibes Clothing
Hey all, GoodShibe here,
On of the ongoing issues I've had with the mining scene, that I've kind of bit my tongue on for a while, is this idea of 'buying in'. Whether it be DogeDiggers or Hashlets or whatnot, these 'easy money' options never seem to work out well for anyone except the seller.
And why is that?
Well, here's a thread that went up just yesterday:
"GAW ZenCloud Hahlets ripping people off don't do it!"
What are you getting when you buy into these things? Essentially, you're buying a slice of PIE (cold shivers for anyone else?). You're paying to 'buy into' a chunk of their mining process with the idea that you'll get a return in the crypto of your choice.
Except here's the problem: You're buying a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the total Global Hashrate. A fraction that is only going to get smaller as more people join the hunt with their own, actual, hardware. As those people join, pushing up the Global Hashrate and Difficulty, your payouts start to drop.
Which means it becomes increasingly harder and harder to see an actual return on your investment.
And, since you don't own the hardware yourself, you literally can't do anything if they just up and decide to start messing with your payouts. I mean, you can email. Maybe you can sue... until you realize that court costs et al are way, way, way more expensive than any actual payout you might see.
Now, I've heard that some places, what they'll claim to do is 'up' your existing investment to make sure that it's continuing to give the same payouts over time. Which, if you think about it... why would they do that? It's in their own best interests to allow you to become marginalized within their own system. The smaller your share of the PIE gets over time, the more PIE for them to sell to others.
In my opinion, these are not smart investments and they're going to lead to nothing but heartbreak as you watch your payouts dwindle or unexplained 'problems' get in the way of what you were promised (if the whole company doesn't just pack up and take off in the dead of night like some have).
Think of what your $80 or $100 or $200 investment into these miners has netted you and then realize that $200 gets you just over 908,000 DOGE right now at exchange rate.
The two best ways to get your hands on Dogecoin are:
1) Buy it, outright 2) Work for it
There are TONS of jobs out there that need doing and a huge list of Shibes out there offering a host of skills who are willing to work for DOGE.
Just need to get them in touch with one another. You can check out sites like Dogerr.com or even our own 'Hire a Shibe' wiki.
Please, before you get involved with any scenario like this, find out what the realities are. What the best case scenario is for your ROI, but also the worst case. Try to imagine what you'll be walking into, how you'll feel if you dump money into this and it goes sideways in any way.
There are better ways to take part, to help our DOGEconomy, and keep you rolling in DOGE.
It's 8:31AM EST and we've found 95.86% of our initial 100 Billion DOGEs - only 4.14% remains until we reach our soft cap! Our Global Hashrate is up from ~1317 to ~1410 Gigahashes per second and our Difficulty is up from ~17425 to ~20485!
As always, I appreciate your support!
GoodShibe

GoodShibe has always been an asset to the Dogecoin community and working behind the scenes in getting our V2. Foundation established. Even when he didn't share the same view some of us had regarding Moolah's rip-off schemes back in March/April, he stayed neutral and admitted when he probably could have addressed that situation better. These days, it is obvious he will not sit idle about warning the 70K+ people who read his daily updates the risks of getting sucked in to another "Moolahish" situation. Kudos to him.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 11:43:40 PM

Just to recap a few recent announcements:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/19189
https://hashtalk.org/topic/19190
https://hashtalk.org/topic/19211

• A new Hashlet called HashStaker will be available November 28. Primes will have access to this functionality too, whatever it is. It would imply "staking", but not entirely clear how it will work, since PayCoin isn't yet available and hasn't completed the POW stage.
  • 2FA will be mandatory on ZenCloud.
  • Referral links will be available (in addition to current referral e-mails).
  • Merchandise store will open "soon".
  • PayCoin "platform" (payment processing etc) might be available before Christmas.
  • Hashpoints can be mined for two more weeks (originally planned to end Monday).
  • This one I'll quote verbatim: "Press releases will starting hitting the news on Monday".
  • A 5 BTC bounty is offered to someone who can accurately describe CEO's plan about how the "miners" will make a lot of money. Not sure if it's a replacement or in addition to the 10 BTC bounty announced earlier https://i.imgur.com/XY9RkeU.png

One thing I noticed across many recent announcements is the use of phrase "market cap". There must be some different definition of this regarding PayCoin, because I can't figure out how "market cap" in its classic definition - a total value of shares or coins in this case - can guarantee profits for everyone. Typically it's the other way around, revenue and other boring stuff affects the value of shares.
mike99

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:41:01 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to btc and crypto currency  and would like to share my experience with this forum. My first investment was with Genesis Mining and it did not get of to a good start! I want to stress that it was not GM fault but my banks, I paid my bank a £25 fee to send £950 in USD to GM but they sent HKD instead which resulted in my hash power being way down. I will admit I got very angry with GM and thought I had been scammed and told them as much, I was totally wrong and have apologised to them ,after a few emails they managed to explained things to me and even gave me a few MH extra and I have been very happy with them since. As to my bank I have rejected a final offer of compensation and it is now in the hands of the Financial Ombudsmen Service (UK) as I feel the bank saw the words Btc and just did not take it seriously I will post how that turns out when I know anything.

After that happening I decided not to put all my eggs in one basket and I came across the Gaw website with sentence's like obsolete proof and diminishing costs so on the 22/10/14 I purchased 50 Multi Hashlets of the Gaw website for $747.50 and set it all up. To be honest I was shocked to find out about the hash market! Multi Hashlet's were on sale for half price on the same day and one week later they were $6 now I think they are $4 ish. Add to that really crap pay outs and just no help off support and then being shadow banned for swearing on HT which was wrong but when you have just seen your $750 turn into $250 well I got angry and with all the stomach churning brown nosing that goes on over there I mean Wow, Josh the all powerful! Josh this, Josh that. Im an outsider and new to all this but from the start I have popped in to HT just to keep up with things there and it's mental any real posts down voted, any real questions shot down!

Do you think that it is ethical or a good way for repeat business
 to sell me Multi Hashlets For $14.99 each whilst selling them in the market place  and taking a fee, for less than a third now of what I paid? 

Is it fair that you led me to believe I could make some money and then pay me 1 Satoshi a day for 50mh of MH using words like future proof and  the rest of that sale crap?

How come my pay out for GM is $190+ to date  for $750 = 50 mh script on auto btc and my $750=50mh Multi Hashlet with gaw paid just over $25 ? Gm one full day mining behind Gaw.

I could not help lol at your open 100 btc bet Gaw is the best!! Bull ****  just look at the above pay outs in fact I got 1 btc bet for you I bet you $ for $ invested, GM would beat you, Ltcgear would beat you, maybe all of them would beat Gaw.

To sum up I feel very angry and cheated If this is how you treat new customers then what hope have you of going mainstream, I have already complained to Ic3 and Sec does anyone else have any Ideas on how to get my money back from Gaw. If anyone is taking legal action against Gaw then please pm me.Thanks for any advice.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:48:47 AM

To sum up I feel very angry and cheated If this is how you treat new customers then what hope have you of going mainstream, I have already complained to Ic3 and Sec does anyone else have any Ideas on how to get my money back from Gaw. If anyone is taking legal action against Gaw then please pm me.Thanks for any advice.

Dude this is the exact opposite of hashtalk, you are talking to people just like you, not to gaw, sorry man.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
KC6TTR

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:49:02 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 01:01:42 AM by KC6TTR

How can ANY bounty for ANY amount of BTC be offered when the one making the challenge is the ONLY one who can determine if the information submitted meets the [still undefined] terms of the challenge??

IMHO, this is how it should be done -
Put a properly defined and notarized business plan detailing the topic at hand plan into an envelope, effectively seal it, and send it to a neutral (secretarial) third party via USPS mail (to establish a gov. verifiable date).... THEN issue the challenged. Once issued, deposit the BTC bounty into another neutral (treasurer) third party's escrow wallet.

At an established date and time , allow the secretarial third party with at least 2 witnesses present open the envelop and compare the business plan to any entries submitted up until 72 hours PRIOR to the opening of the envelope. Once a submission that match or exceeds 75% of the original business plan has been found, the winner is announced and the bounty is awarded. If no direct or 75%+ match can be found within 24 hours of the envelope opening, the challenge is null/void and no bounty needs to be paid. The Escrowed BTC are then returned to the challenger.

THAT is how one properly issues a BTC bounty.

Scott-
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:51:22 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to btc and crypto currency  and would like to share my experience with this forum. My first investment was with Genesis Mining and it did not get of to a good start! I want to stress that it was not GM fault but my banks, I paid my bank a £25 fee to send £950 in USD to GM but they sent HKD instead which resulted in my hash power being way down. I will admit I got very angry with GM and thought I had been scammed and told them as much, I was totally wrong and have apologised to them ,after a few emails they managed to explained things to me and even gave me a few MH extra and I have been very happy with them since. As to my bank I have rejected a final offer of compensation and it is now in the hands of the Financial Ombudsmen Service (UK) as I feel the bank saw the words Btc and just did not take it seriously I will post how that turns out when I know anything.

After that happening I decided not to put all my eggs in one basket and I came across the Gaw website with sentence's like obsolete proof and diminishing costs so on the 22/10/14 I purchased 50 Multi Hashlets of the Gaw website for $747.50 and set it all up. To be honest I was shocked to find out about the hash market! Multi Hashlet's were on sale for half price on the same day and one week later they were $6 now I think they are $4 ish. Add to that really crap pay outs and just no help off support and then being shadow banned for swearing on HT which was wrong but when you have just seen your $750 turn into $250 well I got angry and with all the stomach churning brown nosing that goes on over there I mean Wow, Josh the all powerful! Josh this, Josh that. Im an outsider and new to all this but from the start I have popped in to HT just to keep up with things there and it's mental any real posts down voted, any real questions shot down!

Do you think that it is ethical or a good way for repeat business
 to sell me Multi Hashlets For $14.99 each whilst selling them in the market place  and taking a fee, for less than a third now of what I paid? 

Is it fair that you led me to believe I could make some money and then pay me 1 Satoshi a day for 50mh of MH using words like future proof and  the rest of that sale crap?

How come my pay out for GM is $190+ to date  for $750 = 50 mh script on auto btc and my $750=50mh Multi Hashlet with gaw paid just over $25 ? Gm one full day mining behind Gaw.

I could not help lol at your open 100 btc bet Gaw is the best!! Bull ****  just look at the above pay outs in fact I got 1 btc bet for you I bet you $ for $ invested, GM would beat you, Ltcgear would beat you, maybe all of them would beat Gaw.

I don't suppose you paid for the MH with a credit card? If so, issue a charge-back right away. They did not deliver the product that they advertised.
KC6TTR

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:54:16 AM

Please email your information to legal@miningadvocates.org

If you are a US citizen, numerous resources are available to you. If you are an overseas national, there may still be options as well.

Scott-
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 01:05:59 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm even more sorry to say that your chances of getting anything back are slim (unless you paid with credit card as MOB suggested above).

At this time you can either cut the losses and sell, considering this an expensive lesson, or you can wait and see what options become available in the future. There were hints that maintenance fees may go down, which should increase the Market prices and you might be able to sell your hashlets for more. It depends on how much you can afford to risk and how patient you are.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:53:08 AM

This thread has some publicity. Perhaps it can help force Josh to give you your money back.

I will PM you his email address. Tell him, in a short summary, what happened and what you would like to see happen. (i.e., sell all hashlets withdraw all funds, have GAW issue a partial refund to make up the distance you fall short from ROI). Don't swear, use proper English, and clearly lay out your desired outcome.

If that fails, then contacting the BBB, SEC or other government bodies would be next. Scott can help you, I am sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: