Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:47:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376999 times)
vach

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:28:52 AM

lol, it was just someone switching a 0 with a O but was still funny.

I didnt laughed like this for a looooong time Cheesy
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:34:02 AM

Nice words from @gawceo on HT forums to the people complaining about the Zen "upgrade" fiasco.

Let me make a few points.

Zen Hashlet Upgrades are free. I choose to give up much of our inventory to make it happen. Many seem to forget that this was something we did to help, but we do not owe it to you. In almost all cases, we have gone above and beyond.

We ran through the supply we had in minutes. It would not have mattered the time. Had we done it a time better for one part of the world, the other part would have complained.

With respect, we are people too. It's difficult to encourage my staff with comments like this on FREE things they are trying to make possible for you. Please think before you type.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/22604/zen-upgrade-is-live-go-go-go/177

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8989

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:39:35 AM

So I went out (yes, I do that sometimes) for a few hours and came back to like a dozen new pages.

I gotta say I appreciate puwaha's patience even though I strongly disagree with some of his/her assumptions, but hey, that's all we have given the lack of hard facts.

I kind of expected more backlash at that coin of yours, but I guess the sense of humor still exists over at HT. Or they're busy fighting over the 6 month Zen stakers, can't be bothered to check.

Kraken WTF  Roll Eyes
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:45:12 AM

Nice words from @gawceo on HT forums to the people complaining about the Zen "upgrade" fiasco.

Let me make a few points.

Zen Hashlet Upgrades are free. I choose to give up much of our inventory to make it happen. Many seem to forget that this was something we did to help, but we do not owe it to you. In almost all cases, we have gone above and beyond.

We ran through the supply we had in minutes. It would not have mattered the time. Had we done it a time better for one part of the world, the other part would have complained.

With respect, we are people too. It's difficult to encourage my staff with comments like this on FREE things they are trying to make possible for you. Please think before you type.

Except the inventory is still for sale if you want to pay with BTC or fiat. But if you want to convert your Zenlet that you ALREADY PAID FOR (and possibly more than the 6-month staker costs) it's not available. At the very least they could have given priority by how long you've been holding the Zen, so that those who paid $22 or whatever the price was back in the day would maybe feel less screwed.

Edit:

@EA said: My only question is, why we didn't have any ETA to this upgrade?
@GAW_CEO: Few reasons, we are maxing out the capacity at all the data centers we are at. It takes a long time for the whole system to propagate. And, half the users would have complained it was a bad time for them. No win.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:54:46 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 08:47:14 AM by KC6TTR

Just received this from an unhappy informant who has (5) ZenHashlets he refuses to convert based on principle. I guess it is now official, "the world's most profitable pool" is now dead. This appears to be how the HashTitan is able to pay his early adopters - take all revenue except for 0.00000001 BTC from the small customers who haven't yet recovered their investment to pay the earlier/larger supporters. Hero to zero in less than 4 months. Nice record.

The question now becomes what court will see this as still being "profitable" vs. being what it really looks to be - an elaborately planed bait and switch to continue a scheme while technically thinking $0.000000714 per MH/s per day equates to a *reasonable* reference to profitability. Being less than a millionth of a cent per day, I put my money on this not meeting the legal definition of anything that can be labeled as "profitable"; especially if the ROI on $50 is now almost two millennia (1,918.58 years) in to the future.

Scott-

hashie

Activity: 322

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:57:41 AM

Just received this from an unhappy informant who has (5) ZenHashlets he refuses to convert based on principle. I guess it is now official, the "world's most profitable pool" is now dead. This appears to be how the HashTitan is able to pay his early adopters - take all revenue except for 0.00000001 BTC from the small customers who haven't yet recovered their investment to pay the earlier/larger supporters. Hero to zero in less than 4 months. Nice record.

The question now becomes what court will see this as still being "profitable" vs. being what is really looks to be - an elaborately planed bait and switch to continue a scheme while technically thinking $0.000000714 per MH/s per day equates to a *reasonable* amount that equals a reference to profitability. Being less than a millionth of cent per day, I put my money on this not meeting the legal definition of anything that can be labeled as "profitable"; especially if the ROI of $50 is now almost two millennia (1,918.58 years) in to the future.

Scott-

You can file a complaint with the FTC here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

I am very sure the FTC will not buy into 1 satoshi being "always profitable", as per their marketing materials.

-Sahra

KC6TTR

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:58:06 AM

Nothing is "FREE". It only matters who is paying for it.  

Est Modus in Omnis Rebus

Scott-
jp333

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

GAW_CEO:
It's difficult to encourage my staff with comments like this on FREE things they are trying to make possible for you. Please think before you type.

in other words: "stop making it sound like you are so upset about you selling your car or cashing in your pension based on what i promised. don't you understand that you're hurting our feelings? why would you try to hurt our feelings? you guys are bumming me out"
SwissCrypt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:55:05 AM

😎
You guys cannot be serious or?
I'm talking about ALL of you here...

It's not only Gaw that one should shut down, but all those Hash companies together!
Hash power...😄😄😄😄😄
T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:57:53 AM

Est Modus in Omnis Rebus

Scott-

@10btcaday

Cmon can we rally around the community and help them in this desperate time? Is it possible we can give a paycoins giveaway to help all the zen owners that are hurting. Paycoins is all about that... we might be a bullshit coin but we aren't heartless. We could give them at least 2 satoshi's worth for each zen now right? Then we'd be able to state we are twice as "profitable" as the most profitable pool in the world!!!

AWESOME!!!

<<UPVOTE>> if you agree!!!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:59:29 AM

(off to look at other taglines on bitcointalk..)

Has the GAW campaign been renewed for the next month, when does it run out for you?

Anyway, if you're serious about that keep checking on PrimeDice. Everyone's waiting for them to reopen their campaign, they're a solid and mostly uncontroversial business.

it has been renewed....and likely with a change to paycoin tag continue to do so
dnd they always pay on time

but to keep the tagline and keep 'some' ethics I pretty much have to put some skin in the game

on a gaw product i think ..if they are a scam well the $$$ I've gotten plus the $$ I'd likely get for ad campain on a 6 month paycoin wallet of 25 coin
is around 500 bucks ..all at my end would be paid by the ad tagline revenue

if they are a scam heh i lost $$$ to (gaw tagline $$$) if it is not..well Ican justify the tagline....in they proved it worked

sitting on the fence just promoting gaw at this point w/o any risk is not sitting well when they ran equip ok ..when they had hashnet well i know guys who made $$$
on hashnet ...this new paycoin ....seems iffy even from a well intentioned point of view that gaw promotes

So well I need a reason to keep the tagline ..only thing comes to mind is double down with the gaw money I've gotten so far form this tagline and see
where it goes....it all goes poof well....it was tainted $$$ anyway

but again sitting on the fence getting 0.10 btc a month promoting gaw in the tagline well...unless i have some skin in the game with the info i have on paycoin etc
just seems wrong

as to the gaw campaign it is still going on they always pay etc no issues there

anyway if i do this i will likely start another thread and you can all watch it go GOX on me ...for your bitcointalk amusement

but again just taking the tagline $$$ for this with no risk on my part just does not sit well

Soooo,you haven't learned a thing then  Sad

I'm done with you Searing.I had hoped you learned from the BFL & KnC fiasco's...but your destined to repeat them  Roll Eyes

Good luck Searing !!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:07:54 AM

Est Modus in Omnis Rebus

Scott-

@10btcaday

Cmon can we rally around the community and help them in this desperate time? Is it possible we can give a paycoins giveaway to help all the zen owners that are hurting. Paycoins is all about that... we might be a bullshit coin but we aren't heartless. We could give them at least 2 satoshi's worth for each zen now right? Then we'd be able to state we are twice as "profitable" as the most profitable pool in the world!!!

AWESOME!!!

<<UPVOTE>>  Wow,great idea,come to the rescue of GAW customers!!!!  Cool   

I sold my Zen's at a lose of 35%,MAYBE the HP I mined will make up for it,we'll see  Roll Eyes    Even at $8 each,I'll at least break even from this fiasco....................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

Est Modus in Omnis Rebus

Scott-

@10btcaday

AWESOME!!!

<<UPVOTE>> with all my socks  Grin
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:22:41 AM

We should place bets on when this will finally come to a end lol.

KC6TTR

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:26:13 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 08:41:57 AM by KC6TTR

OK, Ladies and Gents...

Time to turn the Kraken to stone and kill it with Medusa's severed snake-filled head.  

A. Go here: http://trademarks.breanlaw.com/86444905-paycoin.html

B. Note the Classification(s) section:
042-Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto: industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software; legal services.
First use anywhere: 11/04/2014
First use in commerce: 11/04/2014

Uhmm.......BUZZZZZZZZ... wrong on both accounts regarding the name's first use.

C. File your opposition to this trademark for its unlawful use as the name "PayCoin" is a pre-existing name that has been in use for over a year.

*** REMEMBER ***
This should be done within the first 30 days, which means only 3 business days are left, including today, the 11th.

Prosecution History: NOTICE OF PSEUDO MARK E-MAILED
11/15/2014

NEW APPLICATION OFFICE SUPPLIED DATA ENTERED IN TRAM
11/14/2014

----------------------

Under the Lanham Act, any party who may be damaged by the actual or proposed registration of a mark is entitled to challenge the registration. If the mark has been published for proposed registration on the Principal Register, the party—usually the owner of a competing mark—can oppose the registration. The opposition must be in writing and be filed within 30 days of the proposed mark’s publication in the Official Gazette. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) may grant extensions of the 30-day period upon written request.

Under rules promulgated by the Madrid Protocol, if a party wants to oppose a trademark registration, the period for filing an opposition cannot be extended more than 180 days from the date the application was published. Those extensions must be now requested in one of two ways. A party opposing registration can, after the first 30-day period, either:
•request an extension of 30 days (granted upon request), followed by a second request for a further extension of 60 days (upon a showing of good cause), followed by a final further extension of 60 days (upon stipulation or written consent of the applicant), or
•request an extension of 90 days (upon a showing of good cause), followed by a final further extension of 60 days (upon stipulation or written consent of the applicant).

A party who intends to oppose a Section 1 or Section 44 trademark application can do so electronically or on paper. An opposition to a Section 66 application (an application under the Madrid Protocol) must be filed electronically.

If the mark has already been placed on the Principal Register, the party may petition the USPTO for cancellation of the registration. (15 United States Code, Section 1064.) A cancellation petition may be filed:
•within five years from the date the mark is published in the Official Gazette
•any time if the mark becomes generic or is abandoned or its use becomes fraudulent in some way, or
•any time, if the mark is a certification mark and it is being misused (for instance, the registrant no longer exercises control or the registrant begins to manufacture goods subject to the certification).

Marks proposed for placement on the Supplemental Register are not published for opposition. If a party believes that a mark’s placement on the Supplemental Register may cause it harm, the party may file an application with the USPTO to have the registration cancelled. (15 United States Code, Section 1092.)

When a petition for opposition or cancellation is filed, or the USPTO declares an interference, an inter partes proceeding to resolve the dispute will be scheduled before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. (15 United States Code, Section 1067.) At the conclusion of this hearing, the Patent and Trademark Commissioner may:
•refuse to register the opposed mark (in an opposition case)
•cancel the registration of a mark or place restrictions on its use (in a cancellation case)
•refuse to register any mark, or some or all of several marks (in an inter-ference case)
•register the opposed mark or marks of persons who are found to be entitled to ownership, or
•order concurrent registration of marks along with conditions or restrictions on their use designed to prevent consumer confusion in the marketplace.

The USPTO will cancel a mark on its own—without anyone asking for it—if the mark’s owner fails to timely file a Section 8 Declaration showing that the mark is still in use. Because this form must be filed between the fifth and sixth year following the initial registration, and because the USPTO doesn’t send a reminder, the registrations of many marks are cancelled for this reason. And because the USPTO also doesn’t send notice of the cancellation, many trademark owners continue to use their marks in the belief that they are registered, when they’re not.

The fact that a mark’s registration is cancelled in no way affects the right of the mark’s owner to challenge other users of the mark on the basis of first use.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:30:16 AM

Let me publicly apologize to GAW CEO for being a part of the majority of his customers who don't appreciate. I just don't. You sold me the most profitable miner that pays one satoshi without telling me that it also involves skill-based trading model, coupons, a new altcoin, and high-yield CDs. So I'm sorry and I wish you and the 20% the best of luck.

https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/542930095728787456

I focus on the 20% who appreciate. Otherwise, I would have stopped giving things away a long time again. You all make it worth it! Thanks
corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:32:47 AM

Let me publicly apologize to GAW CEO for being a part of the majority of his customers who don't appreciate. I just don't. You sold me the most profitable miner that pays one satoshi without telling me that it also involves skill-based trading model, coupons, a new altcoin, and high-yield CDs. So I'm sorry and I wish you and the 20% the best of luck.

I focus on the 20% who appreciate. Otherwise, I would have stopped giving things away a long time again. You all make it worth it! Thanks

I think the way the Zen upgrade was handled tonight was very underhanded.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:37:41 AM

More or less typical. There is a silver lining though. You would think that with HashStakers being basically made out of thin air they wouldn't care about inventory restrictions, but this kind of shows that they do have some capacity planning. Either that, or it's just a ploy to prop up Prime prices - remember, those can still be upgraded at any time (at least that's the last I heard).
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:38:10 AM

I think the way Zen owners were screwed out of mining after being told "it's the most profitable miner anywhere" was underhanded.........  Roll Eyes

I invested for the long term & got shafted in the short term  Angry

corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:43:58 AM

I think the way Zen owners were screwed out of mining after being told "it's the most profitable miner anywhere" was underhanded.........  Roll Eyes

I invested for the long term & got shafted in the short term  Angry

You make a good point. I think the entire company thrives on underhanded methods and deception.

The saddest part is Homero acting like all the customers owe him something, and he is doing them a favor....and they thank him for it.
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: