Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415367 times)
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:50:24 PM

what a terrible !!!
280X doing 480kh/s on Neoscrypt!!!!!
i will research

he rewrote special kernel himself and not for public Grin

information like this can cause coin value to plummet at the very least temporarily, no one wants to mine biased coin by localized (hidden) advantage in the mining software by few (or worse by one)

(above is not in the regards to VERT) many seek to find an advantage some kind of pattern, but even if they find an advantage they are shooting themselves in the foot as any sudden spike in the hash rate will cause a concern and worry, best is to achieve equilibrium from low to high to very high difficulty

hence call to any looking at lyra2 on a deep level or even as trivial as GPU settings for maximum performance  or mining pools discovering ways to smooth out their operations all findings should be shared in public

I have example of at least 3 top coins in the 50 top market cap that suffered very negative consequences by not following above suggestion

Except there is no algo that doesn't have non-public advantages, so...
@Wolf0, your attitude is not cool.

This is not working to cure cancer, this is making money; it is business. Sharing an advantage simply causes the public to destroy any possibility of profit until only those paying 5 cents per kWh or less can make anything, and them only pennies.
@Wolf0..and that is why the world is fucked, because of selfish and greedy people like you. I am glad that your corrupt nature is the exception, rather than the rule in this community.
No, the world is fucked because of the greed of people who already are rich.
@Wolf0, and you are becoming/acting just like them. Well done! Give yourself a pat on the back..
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:55:28 PM

what a terrible !!!
i will research

information like this can cause coin value to plummet at the very least temporarily, no one wants to mine biased coin by localized (hidden) advantage in the mining software by few (or worse by one)

(above is not in the regards to VERT) many seek to find an advantage some kind of pattern, but even if they find an advantage they are shooting themselves in the foot as any sudden spike in the hash rate will cause a concern and worry, best is to achieve equilibrium from low to high to very high difficulty

hence call to any looking at lyra2 on a deep level or even as trivial as GPU settings for maximum performance  or mining pools discovering ways to smooth out their operations all findings should be shared in public

I have example of at least 3 top coins in the 50 top market cap that suffered very negative consequences by not following above suggestion

This is not working to cure cancer, this is making money; it is business. Sharing an advantage simply causes the public to destroy any possibility of profit until only those paying 5 cents per kWh or less can make anything, and them only pennies.
@Wolf0..and that is why the world is fucked, because of selfish and greedy people like you. I am glad that your corrupt nature is the exception, rather than the rule in this community.
@Wolf0, and you are becoming/acting just like them. Well done! Give yourself a pat on the back..

I should probably attached my new kernel message to this thread, if I want people to notice   Roll Eyes

new kernel for the version in github/djm34 http://ge.tt/41D9Y872/v/0?c
(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

donation welcomed: VyF9fXUSt5iZH6GuA8WvUw4NrVhcybMiLA
(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curiou

now on topics, we will see if Wolf0 is wrong or not from the donation... and by giving a faster kernel to everyone...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

hashrate on GTX 970 ??

and is there a a table where i can see each card and its hashrate
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:02:23 PM

what a terrible !!!
i will research

I should probably attached my new kernel message to this thread, if I want people to notice   Roll Eyes

(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curiou

now on topics, we will see if Wolf0 is wrong or not from the donation... and by giving a faster kernel to everyone...  Grin
+1. That is the kind of attitude this community (and crypto, in general) needs. We are all in this together, and people are stronger when they work together. It isn't rocket-science..
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:43:39 PM

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

Can't use new kernel with windows binaries (using build you shared on irc #vertcoin).

bigradeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:02:50 PM

[img]http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cxenns.jpg[img]

I have the same problem as you
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

Can't use new kernel with windows binaries (using build you shared on irc #vertcoin).

which binaries are you using ? mine or metallicjames ?

(ok, I will commit it again, I think I made a change to the algorithm.c )

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:12:40 PM

committed, I changed the integer type for the target and forgot about it... sorry about that.
should work now

here the windows binaries with latest version: http://ge.tt/5zIW3972/v/0?c

djm34 facebook page
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:31:18 PM

trying it right now temporarily redirected mining rig towards BBR dues to their bootrstrap nodes fault and subsequently difficulty level halving in matter of hours (this advantage I have 0 problem with, one moves fast reacts fast)

BBR since recovered . let me try this kernel.. if anything curiosity as I like software engineering in general

will report Nvidia 750 hash rate was 620 MH/s with factory setting (Unix wont allow you to change it and there is no way I will do Windows for anything, especially security wise..  Cool

brb it will take few minutes

cheers
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:43:03 PM

trying it right now temporarily redirected mining rig towards BBR dues to their bootrstrap nodes fault and subsequently difficulty level halving in matter of hours (this advantage I have 0 problem with, one moves fast reacts fast)

BBR since recovered . let me try this kernel.. if anything curiosity as I like software engineering in general

will report Nvidia 750 hash rate was 620 MH/s with factory setting (Unix wont allow you to change it and there is no way I will do Windows for anything, especially security wise..  Cool

cheers

ow ow.. this cgminer correct ? never mind
jamesl22 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:51:48 PM

Hello, I just found out, what is going on?, did anyone see this post?: http://www.simplemulti.com/news

profitability in http://www.whattomine.com/ went down far below X11, what happened?.

Quoted from Reddit...

"It is a problem with the pool implementation, the algo is fine.
Lyra2RE has a different share difficulty than scrypt-n, you've probably noticed your miner (correctly) submitting fractional shares, whereas scrypt-n utilized integers. But since Lyra2re uses a different share difficulty, the code that rejects low diff shares has to be modified as well.
Its completely our fault for not realizing this needed to be changed, but I'm guessing this part wasn't included in the stratum mining code, and that is why it is an issue for several other pools.
The effect of this was that most low difficulty shares would be incorrectly accepted as valid ones, which causes pools to calculate & display the hashrate far higher than it actually is.
I feel I should point out that there are very few miners who would 'accidentally' benefit from this. Because it requires your miner to not only submit its low diff shares (the default is to dump them), but also have a large number of low diff shares to start with. Normally doing these two things will get you quickly banned from a pool, because you're effectively spamming invalid shares."

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2po6te/lyra2re_difficulty_exploit_is_this_a_problem_of/cmys1cg
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:52:54 PM

will report Nvidia 750 hash rate was 620 MH/s with factory setting (Unix wont allow you to change it and there is no way I will do Windows for anything, especially security wise..  Cool

cheers

Flash the BIOS, I do that on unix to change clocks/voltages.

I see appreciate it! you know.. how dumb I was.. I got new DRAM.. because it helps with certain unnamed coin I will say it though BURST (cause shares can be submitted in memory fast for deadlines so DRAM helps) and so I was driving for all this time its gonna be whole year 2014 mining non stop 24/7 on 1333 MHS and BIOS was not flashed to factory DRAM setting 1600 MHs makes a difference

appreciate it.. btw I detected sense of sadness in your voice that no one appreciates work of software developers in crypto., fact is that there are hundreds of you.. and not all are here on bitcointalk or even github.. the competition is eating this industry inside and out..

overall everyone will win blockchain is innovation faaaar surpassing TCP/IP in importance and there are things planned for it that in the words of Shakespeare (or paraphrasing Shakespeare)  not even philosophers have been dreaming of
Xperianz

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:55:28 PM

committed, I changed the integer type for the target and forgot about it... sorry about that.
should work now

It's faster 875 vs 1000 but I get a lot of rejects (Hash above traget)

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:17:33 PM

Burn to Bid - Win the page http://www.verters.com/vertion

11VTC or more to win the page.

To win the right to put content on this page (whatever as long as its legal/allowed etc) - simply burn the above amount by sending the VTC to 'VertcoinWebsitePageBurnXXXXXVMPL3W'.
PM me on reddit(/u/darrenturn90)
the transaction id as proof and I will reply and request your HTML page or Message you wish to display. Your content will then stay up until you are outbid.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
mscott0451

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:36:05 PM

I'm having trouble connecting to any of the pools. I'm using the same internet connection and rig (cards, motherboard, etc.) as I did with ScryptN. I used SGminer (V4.3 i think) and now I'm using SGminer v5 for LYRE2.

• "pools" : [
       {
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.verters.com:3333",
          "user" : "zoidbergas.miner1",
          "pass" : "cbears"
       }
    ]
    "intensity" : "17,17,17",
    "worksize" : "256,256,256",
    "kernel" : "Lyra2RE",
    "algorithm" : "Lyra2RE",
    "lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
    "gpu-threads" : "2,2,2",
    "thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192,8192",
    "gpu-engine" : "1020,1020,1020",
    "gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1500",
    "gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
    "temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95",
    "temp-overheat" : "85,85,85",
    "temp-target" : "62,62,62",
    "auto-fan" : true,
    "gpu-fan" : "75,75,75",
    "api-mcast-port" : "4028",
    "api-port" : "4028",
    "expiry" : "30",
    "gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
    "log" : "20",
    "no-pool-disable" : true,
    "queue" : "1",
    "gpu-platform" : "0",
    "scan-time" : "30",
    "temp-hysteresis" : "3",
    "shares" : "0",
    "kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
    "verbose" : "true",
    "no-extranonce" : true

Here's the screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/qkIJxc6.jpg

I got straight from the sgminer.exe file, I do not use the .bat file. Any ideas?
bigradeon

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

@djm34
i got message: cLSetkernelArg of all para failed
all gpu failure and disabling
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

should work now

It's faster 875 vs 1000 but I get a lot of rejects (Hash above traget)

could you try to add --difficulty-multiplier 2 (I used here a difficulty adjustment of 256).
However what is strange is that on the pool I tried (verter and supernova), I didn't see that at all.
share above target are not submitted (or are not counted as rejected)

djm34 facebook page
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:41:18 PM

@djm34
i got message: cLSetkernelArg of all para failed
all gpu failure and disabling
use the latest binaries (windows) or latest github source (github/djm34/sgminer), there was a small screw up in my first announcement...

djm34 facebook page
Xperianz

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:50:22 PM

could you try to add --difficulty-multiplier 2 (I used here a difficulty adjustment of 256).
However what is strange is that on the pool I tried (verter and supernova), I didn't see that at all.

Thx, --difficulty-multiplier 2 works like a charm on coinotron, didn't make any differance on verters though.
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:07:07 AM

Thx, --difficulty-multiplier 2 works like a charm on coinotron, didn't make any differance on verters though.
i tried ,coinotron and givemecois, must using  "--difficulty-multiplier 2", speed is right,no fake shares

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: