Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:45:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450930 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:32:01 AM

How to upgrade firmware on s5? Which file should be uploaded to s5? Must you have a memory card to upgrade? Would be grateful if someone could explain.  Smiley
Manual page 8/9. https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-S5%20user%20guide.pdf
Are their any recovery SD images like the ones SP provides that would allow you to recover your BBB in the event you can't communicate with it or it gets damaged and you need to replace it?

I don't believe so, later S5s won't even have an SD card slot.
That's unfortunate since the BBB is essentially off the shelf. It would save a bunch of time if people could just swap the BBB instead of having to send the thing back to Bitmain.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:48:51 AM

How to upgrade firmware on s5? Which file should be uploaded to s5? Must you have a memory card to upgrade? Would be grateful if someone could explain.  Smiley
Manual page 8/9. https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-S5%20user%20guide.pdf
Are their any recovery SD images like the ones SP provides that would allow you to recover your BBB in the event you can't communicate with it or it gets damaged and you need to replace it?

I don't believe so, later S5s won't even have an SD card slot.
That's unfortunate since the BBB is essentially off the shelf. It would save a bunch of time if people could just swap the BBB instead of having to send the thing back to Bitmain.

Amazingly quick shipping as always.   If there is not a image I can upload one soon. (It appears I jumped the gun no SD card to backup)  I was busy and didn't get to do all I was wanting just some initial pictures.  
Duce

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:09:53 AM

By the way, does anyone happen to know what the correct grill size is for the S3/+ fan?
120mm is the correct size. Like these here:http://www.amazon.com/120mm-Metal-Guard-Protective-Ventilator/dp/B00EZJI3WY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420776513&sr=8-3&keywords=fan+grills
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:54:15 AM

By the way, does anyone happen to know what the correct grill size is for the S3/+ fan?
120mm is the correct size. Like these here:http://www.amazon.com/120mm-Metal-Guard-Protective-Ventilator/dp/B00EZJI3WY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420776513&sr=8-3&keywords=fan+grills
Thanks, much appreciated! Was trying to dance with 140mm Sad!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
BITMAIN_Kiddy

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:56:57 AM

Thanks, much appreciated! Was trying to dance with 140mm Sad!

Fan specs for S3/+:
voltage: 12V DC
current: 1.2A (MAX)
3600rpm
PWM modulation
size: 119*119*38 (mm)
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:47:02 AM

I moved mine to get a little more cold air. The fan slowed enough that the high pitch whine went away, but it was still moving an incredible amount of air considering the ambient.

The RPM to temp is the problem.
The S1 does 2500-2700 RPM @ 45-48C and 2900-3100 RPM @ 48-52C.
If the conditions for the PWM for the fan are set lower then this thread would not be so drawn out.
Example:
800-1200RPM @ 40C
1250-1900RPM @ 45C
1950-2700RPM @ 50C
2800-3000RPM @ 60C

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:54:55 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 01:06:03 PM by Rabinovitch

Damn... I was planning to do this (close the top of S5 case to provide more directed airflow) with my test unit that arrived much later than to other forum members...

But I still have a couple ideas on how to play with S5.
If you find any combination of things that help with either/both noise and reported temp, please let us know.  I've ordered a couple S5 and plan to try S3 fans and homemade covers.  My environment gets very warm in summer.
Now I got it, and right out of the box, at stock frequency 350 it gives about 1.1 Th/s at Slush's side. Firmware version:

It IS LOUD. Especially right after power on. ) I have no noise meter (and I doubt that I'll measure any new values, they are all measured before me), but if anyone need, I'll take a noise meter for a while.

With normal temperature in the living room the boards of S5 are 51 C and 55 C with this stock fan. And it looks like huge part of air from the fan is blowing away upward from this open semi-case (since my S5 is placed at the glass shelf for TV and audio equipment), so the idea of making a kind of cover is looking not so useless...

I have an unpacked Navipower HDB-1212UA fan (veeery cheap but... 2800 RPM... 105.81 CFM...), will try it later. If S5 be able to work with reasonable temperatures using that fan - it would be great.

Later I'll share another results of testing and experiments.  Roll Eyes

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
BITMAIN_Janet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:16:02 PM

Could someone please update me on the safest over clocking potential?
If you have a cold air source, or can handle a lot of noise, 412.5MHz seems to be about the limit before hashrate starts nose-diving. Board temperature around 65C doesn't seem to be the problem. Peaks out around 1.32-1.35TH, and at 425MHz is down to 1.25TH

Catch it  Grin I am looking through posts to find this for a buyer's reference. Thank you klondike_bar Wink

Skype: yaxuan.ai, +86 18511636219, Twitter:@Janet_Ai_YaXuan
BITMAIN_Janet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:16:49 PM

Well they arrived today! Now we've got some work to do.

host images

Strato

Awesome  Tongue

Skype: yaxuan.ai, +86 18511636219, Twitter:@Janet_Ai_YaXuan
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:29:26 PM

So, the unit I have that I'm having issues with seems to just lock up. cgminer is still running as the elapsed time, local works and discarded keep going up.
I'm not near the unit to verify if it is actually hot or if the temp sensors are reporting incorrectly, but if they are reporting correctly it would appear that the unit is still at least dissipating a normal amount of heat. It's just not submitting any shares.

Restarting cgminer fixes the problem.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:40:28 PM

I've got a sick blade it seems:

Changed the PSU, checked the cables, rebooted, flashed the unit but still this. Sad
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:13:22 PM

Yes, I wonder what the new firmware will fix.
After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.
Does anyone know if the S3 version will work with the S5?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 05:32:38 PM

I've got a sick blade it seems:

Changed the PSU, checked the cables, rebooted, flashed the unit but still this. Sad

When you say rebooted, does that include hard reboots? If so, you can try getting it to wake up with a frequency change and another hard reboot. If still nothing then PM BitmainWarranty to arrange an RMA. Be sure to link to your post describing the issues, what type and how many miners you wish to have repaired/replaced and your bitmaintech.com order number.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 05:33:39 PM

So, the unit I have that I'm having issues with seems to just lock up. cgminer is still running as the elapsed time, local works and discarded keep going up.
I'm not near the unit to verify if it is actually hot or if the temp sensors are reporting incorrectly, but if they are reporting correctly it would appear that the unit is still at least dissipating a normal amount of heat. It's just not submitting any shares.

Known bug currently, sorry about that. Soft (usually) or hard reboots will clear it. In terms of frequency, I had this happen once in the first 24 hours, and then never again.

IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:49:21 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 06:24:37 PM by IITravel01

For comparison, I've measured my 2 S5's downclocked to 312.5M (about 1,030Gh/s each, temp. 73) on a single 1,500w titanium power supply with 230v and it's using about 1,064 watts (with 2 extra fans, would make it about 1,060 watts without them) at the wall (increase about 2% for 120v = about 542 watts each).  Compared to a S3 downclocked to 206.25M at 0725 voltage (about 405Gh/s, temp. 39) on a 750w platinum power supply with 120v using about 316w and my C1 at default speed with 0725 voltage on a 1200w gold power supply on 120v using about 835 watts (770 watts at the power supply with 7 fans and 1 pump) getting about 1,005Gh/s.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:53:21 PM

Known bug currently, sorry about that. Soft (usually) or hard reboots will clear it. In terms of frequency, I had this happen once in the first 24 hours, and then never again.
When they do lock up like that, are they chips still doing work? The temps reported were the same as when the unit is under full load, so it would seem that it is unless the temp values stop reporting at that point as well.
The old Gen1 Avalon minis would do that as well. I could deal with a miner crashing and going down, but those stupid things would crash and sit there burning 600W until they were power cycled. They're the reason all my gear is on networked PDUs now. Tongue

Note: After the cgminer restart the unit ran for 40 minutes and then crashed again.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:33:15 PM

Tongue Crashed again, ran for an hour but down for the last 40 minutes. I flashed to 0107, we'll see if that helps.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

When they do lock up like that, are they chips still doing work? The temps reported were the same as when the unit is under full load, so it would seem that it is unless the temp values stop reporting at that point as well.
The old Gen1 Avalon minis would do that as well. I could deal with a miner crashing and going down, but those stupid things would crash and sit there burning 600W until they were power cycled. They're the reason all my gear is on networked PDUs now. Tongue

Note: After the cgminer restart the unit ran for 40 minutes and then crashed again.

Tongue Crashed again, ran for an hour but down for the last 40 minutes. I flashed to 0107, we'll see if that helps.

In my case, no. Only one module stopped mining during the freeze [can see on pool], but both temperatures + RPMs had frozen on the dashboard.

What PSU are you on? This is the first generation where 12V load balancing [12.3V under load or 11.6V etc] so would be good to know for information's sake.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:08:03 AM

After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.
Wasn't aware of that Westhash status page but now have it up.  I went through my S3s installing cgminer 4.7.0 aprox two weeks ago and yet the status page shows all red crosses.  I'm running the Tues Aug 26 firmware release in each (original S3+ version) and just used PuTTY to recheck cgminer version ("cgminer-api version") and each reports 4.7.0.  Any idea what the problem might be?

PS. Each S3 has had configuration modifications since then as well as having been rebooted, but normally the cgminer install isn't affected by that.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:20:35 AM

Wasn't aware of that Westhash status page but now have it up.  I went through my S3s installing cgminer 4.7.0 aprox two weeks ago and yet the status page shows all red crosses.  I'm running the Tues Aug 26 firmware release in each (original S3+ version) and just used PuTTY to recheck cgminer version ("cgminer-api version") and each reports 4.7.0.  Any idea what the problem might be?

PS. Each S3 has had configuration modifications since then as well as having been rebooted, but normally the cgminer install isn't affected by that.
Did you append #xnsub at the end of your miner host configuration entry?
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: