Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is.  (Read 73336 times)
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 05:47:43 PM

By chilling effects you mean the fueling?  Wink

The fight got BS&T so much publicity that I would not be astonished had it seen an increase in requests. P, any say on this? More, less or equal number of requests/capital?

Just to give a ballpark idea, since this thread started (July 4th) my net change in storage is +9.96%. 

...but there were a few indications of withdrawals during the week. Some people directly said it, and Pirateat40 seemed to complain about it at one point.

First off, did you dream up this information? I confirm there were withdraws since this all started, but... there's always withdraws going on, is that the grain of truth that you used to fabricated this story from?

...but there were a few indications of withdrawals during the week. Some people directly said it, and Pirateat40 seemed to complain about it at one point.

Second, this is a lie.  You show me someone that said I complained about anything... EVER

It's probably the reason he took the bet. (If he's legit or running much longer, the bet is a loss for him, because I could hedge against BS&T itself and win in all cases.)

This bet was not designed to exalt confidence for my lenders, it was my first attempt at seeking out my most vocal critic and making them pay for each comment they post.

Yea, you hedge that bet. It's no loss to me, but you better start now. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:56:15 PM

Was on IRC, and yeah I was told why he was able to take more funds (what he called risk).

My money is still with pirate. I do not see how anything has changed over the last 9 months other than the trolls are now 50% of the volume posting.

Honest I am much more worried about Gox going down than Pirate.

trolls 51% attack?!

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:25:34 PM

Second, this is a lie.  You show me someone that said I complained about anything... EVER

pirateat40 is one of the most levelheaded individuals on the forums. He deals with more requests and FUD than probably anyone else, and he does it with class.

Others, including myself, should only hope they can live up to such a standard.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:56:46 PM

Just to give a ballpark idea, since this thread started (July 4th) my net change in storage is +9.96%.  

Heh. Assuming you are talking to me and not including the 7% you printed, then it was indeed your win. This corresponds to 14% weekly user growth, twice the limit! If this is true, it's impressive. Too bad that I still don't believe a word you say -- it might be all made up. If it's true, consider this post a compliment on your skill.

Second, this is a lie.  You show me someone that said I complained about anything... EVER

Admittedly "complaining" was the wrong word.

(...)
Stop promoting HYIP scams on the bicoin forums. Go back to LR HYIP forums, or do it on bitcoinhyipforum dot com.

If they do it here, I will exercise my equivalent right (granted by the mods) to "bother" such promoters.

You're doing a great job.  Where did all my coins go?

Can't tell about the others, but I'm really not trying too hard since the bet. It did cost some time and nerves to keep it up.

It seems difficult to figure out your stance right now, so curiosity has me poke here and there. What I wonder about: why respond to the discussion of fund inflow, and post numbers? Are there by any chance investors who know it's a Ponzi and need to be reassured that they aren't running late? Or are you showing off numbers to me so I see the bet was a success? (I doubt you give a parrot's feather about me.) That number should look quite dangerous to the legitimate scenario. It shows the user growth easily suffices for a Ponzi operation, even though we should have just had a "bad" phase.

This bet was not designed to exalt confidence for my lenders, it was my first attempt at seeking out my most vocal critic and making them pay for each comment they post.

Yea, you hedge that bet. It's no loss to me, but you better start now. Wink

Wink

Roll Eyes
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:01:35 PM

Reading Vandroiy's lengthy replies is starting to get a bit tedious..it used to be fun....
but I guess for 5000 coins he can write what he wishes.... more than other trolls opinionated people

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:10:50 PM

Reading Vandroiy's lengthy replies is starting to get a bit tedious..it used to be fun....
but I guess for 5000 coins he can write what he wishes.... more than other trolls opinionated people

It's because the posts are no longer directed to believers as the target audience.

I wouldn't mind if this thread just becomes some sort of Ponzi-believer-asylum where we speculate while using the assumption it is one. The bet result will be known eventually, so it's not that important to fight about it beforehand. But it is still interesting to me what Pirateat40 is doing, and how he plays this toward the end.

Isn't this what the BS&T fans always wanted, us going to our own thread? Just be happy while it lasts. Tongue
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

Can't tell about the others, but I'm really not trying too hard since the bet. It did cost some time and nerves to keep it up.

It seems difficult to figure out your stance right now, so curiosity has me poke here and there. What I wonder about: why respond to the discussion of fund inflow, and post numbers? Are there by any chance investors who know it's a Ponzi and need to be reassured that they aren't late? Or are you showing off numbers to me so I see the bet was a success? That number should look quite dangerous to the legitimate scenario. It shows the user growth easily suffices for a Ponzi operation, even though we should have just had a "bad" phase.

Point - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lYBVi3ALWA

Point - The question was not asked by you nor was the answer intended to wind your clock.  I've never had a problem answering questions that are direct and non intrusive.  An inquiring mind asked and I responded.

Point - Yes yes, everything I write is for you and has an alternate meaning.

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:55:32 PM

It seems difficult to figure out your stance right now, so curiosity has me poke here and there. What I wonder about: why respond to the discussion of fund inflow, and post numbers? Are there by any chance investors who know it's a Ponzi and need to be reassured that they aren't late? Or are you showing off numbers to me so I see the bet was a success? That number should look quite dangerous to the legitimate scenario. It shows the user growth easily suffices for a Ponzi operation, even though we should have just had a "bad" phase.

Point - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lYBVi3ALWA

Point - The question was not asked by you nor was the answer intended to wind your clock.  I've never had a problem answering questions that are direct and non intrusive.  An inquiring mind asked and I responded.

Point - Yes yes, everything I write is for you and has an alternate meaning.

Well, now at least we have a better idea of where the pirate island is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_colors_of_national_flags#Red.2C_green_and_yellow

Given the order of the colors, I'm going to guess Bolivia or Guinea, but since Bolivia is landlocked, it's gotta be off the coast of Guinea. That means that the island is most likely part of the Cape Verde archipelago.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:56:41 PM

Well, now at least we have a better idea of where the pirate island is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_colors_of_national_flags#Red.2C_green_and_yellow
My money's on Grenada.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:00:12 PM

You should put your money on Pirate. Grenada doesn't even pay 0.005%/week
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:02:43 PM

<grenada>
<hype><shill>
That's all you know! Interesting developments soon!
</hype></shill>
</grenada>

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:21:29 PM

Don't worry about the alternate meanings. People don't ever believe it, and who reads all of the text anyway? Plus, you can always claim to be sarcastic. And it's cool. I mean, pirate? BS &T? What loss of earnings is ever worth your style bonus?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:29:08 PM

BS &T?

The name was in fact suggested by the users and not pirate.
I really don't know why I'm telling you this. It's so much better to just leave you oblivious and laugh at your nonsense.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:29:24 PM

Given the order of the colors, I'm going to guess Bolivia or Guinea, but since Bolivia is landlocked, it's gotta be off the coast of Guinea. That means that the island is most likely part of the Cape Verde archipelago.

Conspicuous cloud cover, as is often used to obscure intelligence and military installations.  Pablo Escobandodo himself used the same mechanism thanks to his contacts supporting him from the NSA, CIA, and NRA.

Good work tracking him down. This is typical Ponzi behavior. After evidence like this, he'd be a fool to keep denying it! If you look closely at and enhance the pixels, you can even see that it says "Ponzi Island" on one of the beaches.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 08:34:40 PM

<grenada>
<hype><shill>
</hype></shill>
</grenada>

Thanks for that, it'll be 10 btc please. Address in my sig.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 08:36:29 PM

Don't worry about the alternate meanings. People don't ever believe it, and who reads all of the text anyway? Plus, you can always claim to be sarcastic. And it's cool. I mean, pirate? BS &T? What loss of earnings is ever worth your style bonus?

Yeah, I suggested the first name actually: "First Pirate Savings and Trust" So while you might think it some cruel way for pirate to tease people, he was the one that decided he needed something more tasteful after using my fun idea for a while.

There's nothing quite like showing up to a party late and having all the details wrong about what happened before you got there.   A little less talk would do you well.

EIEIO:

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:37:45 PM

<grenada>
<hype><shill>
</hype></shill>
</grenada>

Thanks for that, it'll be 10 btc please. Address in my sig.
Your argument is invalid, I never said "coming" soon.

Also, I'll pay you out of the profits. That's it!

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 08:39:07 PM

Your argument is invalid, I never said "coming" soon.

Also, I'll pay you out of the profits. That's it!

I forgot there's no coming with you.

EIEIO:

Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:50:09 PM

BS &T?

The name was in fact suggested by the users and not pirate.
I really don't know why I'm telling you this. It's so much better to just leave you oblivious and laugh at your nonsense.

Okay, I believe you I'm wrong on that. One style point removed. Meh. It would have made a much cooler story if it had been his idea. But the mybitcoin quote makes up for a lot, so no worries. Grin

Edit: holy shit, five posts because I was afk while typing this? I can't believe how happy people are to point out a mistake of mine! I should make them more often, it increases the mood! Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 09:00:20 PM

I was afk while typing this

I can't believe how happy people are to point out a mistake of mine!

Yup.  Grin

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: