Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is.  (Read 73337 times)
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 09:21:48 AM

Holy shit, Vladimir, we agree on something! (I'm sure we agree on other things, but we have not discussed beer or space exploration on bitcointalk.)

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

When people talk about "the BTC community," which I deny truly exists, they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Hi reeses, why did you delete almost all your posting history (including the posts where you supported pirateat40)? Your post count is now 17.

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm [...]

Ok. In other words "I defended/supported pirateat40, but I don't want to admit I was wrong, so I am deleting the evidence" Undecided

Go back and read my posts, you lazy, dishonest fuck.  Then choke on a bucket of cocks.

Good riddance, asshat reeses!
Deleting your bull shit? LOL! You are even a bigger joke than I thought you are.  Oh, and do not forget to choke on a bucket of cocks, you dishonest fuck. Wink
And while you are at it, wipe that shit of your nose. Your brown-nosing attempts at some of the biggest crooks in this forum where mediocre at best and almost entertaining.
LOL, deleting post... you are a loser LOL Smiley
Good riddance asshat!

He does tend to be entertaining, and inventive in his invective. Some do not put in half the effort.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:37:08 AM

Let us watch out for other pals, who have been entrusted with other peoples monies or ripped off undeserved interest in ponzis, as deleting their own posts, is the preparation for running away

with the loot.

Thanks Zyk
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:07:43 PM

Let us watch out for other pals, who have been entrusted with other peoples monies or ripped off undeserved interest in ponzis, as deleting their own posts, is the preparation for running away

with the loot.

Thanks Zyk

Dude, I love how crazy you are.  Might I ask with whose loot would I be escaping?  And I'd be doing a shitty job of erasing my tracks if I deleted posts and pointed out that they were already quoted, inviting people to quote my posts, no?

Now, Tralfamadore, that fucker hid his tracks _well_.

I've been thinking Reeses might be none other than Trafamadore for some time now he's just bigged him up as many criminal multi accounting douchbags do when refering to their alternative secrete pseudonyms. My hypotheses

Reeses = Tralfamadore
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:38:01 PM

with the loot.

Thanks Zyk

Dude, I love how crazy you are.  Might I ask with whose loot would I be escaping?  And I'd be doing a shitty job of erasing my tracks if I deleted posts and pointed out that they were already quoted, inviting people to quote my posts, no?

Now, Tralfamadore, that fucker hid his tracks _well_.

Haven´t you been to Vegas, Dude ?....so instead of deleting posts I´d rather expect you to have added some more to show your interest in honest cammeradery...

or am i becoming to rational here for being let in?? Wink

Thanks Zyk
hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:47:28 AM

Go back and read my posts...

Well given that you appear to be doing everything in your admittedly limited power to make going back and reading your posts as hard as possible, you'd excuse us for assuming that that is actually the last thing you want. So we'll just have to go by what we remember you saying.

If you cared enough to hold an honest and accurate opinion, you'd use the search box and type in "reeses" or do a site search on google.  However, informed opinions have little value here.

Yeah, I could and that does give me some results. But a lot of  them are not quotes of you, they're others saying shit like "reeses is a dumbass." That's  why I never said that it was impossible to to read your posts, simply that you were making it as hard as you possibly could. That point stands.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I am a dumbass.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJQS97TAAoJEEA+/hj9AfY+skEP/jQl/TKgOO/f57oiM4Drsma4
1QS/clAEapEtNdPZcp1Tn24XFOFn+ZOW/B4YXxifB9LaHEV95tthrja2jUa6MBzI
f6IiwxYzEqY+BGCPCoCGCs4KoRkRscqXttL2W3lREZ2fgmwqx50ZP2GEkLplwO/B
DpjwHVvCK/zTT44kR4RxB2ycsWafad158FLeTPgZHV503yM8e+WYCAHn6spFYIun
DGGfBMibpyY02cHuAHbEf/uTQY1VWuzr7oGAi3HRu7PpQAC4wNizvxKWyzGoB+EI
VAn6OZtkiwPSu0qL85Jz71DtcMurC8m+a47QT6juaYbq9ede+M+JMcw4gisDI/Us
FtjOfhSnrPi0XdBGSl3By+74UqrZraZNSXSMNQK4SXuZrGAYADqHhslCI9RElmeh
0zIU03r6hUuN9/8x6QgdKSSGcIJw6hEg4DtIM4UR2ayrj/s/Omzi8mim+CgQNGM6
8jNI7pZrQ70sv32SyRR+cTdvSehYjpYkAKNRzZolR+Y50YdySZsIJoOsYdPu8cbv
Xt2CTeHYxZTFqlgwca5HwybQjLLBRgbBSc2lflu1MHh+zE2p2qHX7LKwJID7ZHCr
48nzrVbYJ7dm+k5IHF1uFcgBxJmcLlEk/5OWQGd5a9OgdldWghSK7kS3uKTtDvcm
jzdOYrFkxRy0l5un++gq
=4SXY
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Sense of humour detected. Respect.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:19:01 PM

I am a dumbass.
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=4SXY

As I think about acts of integrity and grace, I realise that there is nothing in my knowledge to compare with Frege's reeses's dedication to truth. ... upon finding that his fundamental assumption was in error, he responded with intellectual pleasure clearly submerging any feelings of personal disappointment. It was almost superhuman....
-- Bertrand Russell

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:14:43 PM

I have a reputation as a troll first and foremost.

Least confidence-building thing you've said all week, Matt. Sad

That will be corrected when he will have paid out his bets.

And he hasn't.
hgmichna

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:17:00 PM

Happy days, is Vandroiy already in control of his well-deserved earnings?

No, nanotube says he currently has no access to his offline wallet. Give him some time, I doubt he'd dump the WoT over 10k BTC. Wink

I'm more worried about _matthew_'s (Matthew's?) payment though. The bet with hgmichna does not run up to the 9th, but ended with nanotube's decision on this bet. Now, does he not have access to 250 BTC, or is he not paying "just because"? Both those explanations don't sound very reassuring given that he has a lot of bets timing out soon.

Vandroiy seems to be right again. "Matthew N. Wright" has not paid.
hgmichna

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:24:45 PM

… use the Vandroiy bet conditions, because they are clearly laid out and fine-tuned. If Vandroiy wins his BTC5,000, you pay me, if Vandroiy loses, I pay you. …

I accept your conditions. I'm betting 10,000BTC already in another thread however, although at the moment of writing this, 4995.89114457 BTC has been bet leaving me with 5004.10885543 BTC left to bet with. Name your bet please.

Let's leave it at BTC250 then. That's about my limit without escrow.

This is my offer. If you accept it, we have a deal.

Agreed. For my own accounting purposes I will add it to the same spreadsheet as I use for other betters of the betting thread, but I concede publicly that it is in fact a separate bet entirely and an exact mimc of the strict guidelines in Vandroiy and Pirate's bet. Good luck!

Time to pay up. I am sending my bitcoin address to you by PM.

I'm still curious why you made this hopeless bet. Care to explain? Did you get messages from the pirate that sounded so believable that you fell for them?

My suspicion looks quite realistic now. Where are my bitcoins?

I guess "Matthew N. Wright" has disappeared now too.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:29:39 AM

Fascinating.  I thought he would have at least paid out your "unusual" bet, given (as I recall) the earlier decision date.  You should have sent up the red flag.  Tongue

What is the legality of Internet betting in this situation in general?  Were this not "a whole joke" would at least bettors in the USA be breaking the law?  Despite theymos's statement about the "site" not being in the states, citizens are subject to the boot on the neck its rule of law.

Since we seem to like gambling here, does anyone know the score?  Are we OK (in the LR sense) because btc is not yet recognized as a store of value by any particular jurisdictions?

Not that I bet btc.  I only bet noogies.

For all the reasonable jurisdictions I know of, contracts can involve all kinds of things. Might as well wager to perform a funny dance or something, you still have to do it if you lose. If a law does not punish breaking such contracts, the law is wrong.

I know a lot of the people would have paid Matthew if Pirate had miraculously conjured up coins. While I didn't believe that was possible, some people did, so from their perspective, Matthew broke contracts and fed the community misinformation. That constitutes a criminal. He probably bets on nobody coming to SK to sue him, or that an online forum and IRC network might not officially suffice as evidence.

Good to see he is no longer on the staff of the Bitcoin Magazine or on the list of speakers for London.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 11:33:08 AM

He also had his mod position in Korean forum removed since he can't be trusted.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:36:42 AM

One of few worthy of that title. Vandroiy, can I have your signature?
(preferably a digital one that unlocks those 10000 BTC Smiley )
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:51:20 AM

One of few worthy of that title. Vandroiy, can I have your signature?
(preferably a digital one that unlocks those 10000 BTC Smiley )

Did Vandroiy collect his winnings from nanotube yet?

nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 11:01:39 PM

The bet has now been paid out to Vandroiy, with 10000 BTC sent to the address he has provided me in a signed message. This concludes my duties as the escrow/arbiter of this transaction. Expect Vandroiy to post a signed message acknowledging receipt in a few days, once he gets back from the London conference.

iEYEARECAAYFAlBWWGoACgkQ5/k4vslVlLJirACglw0z4wnOodhkhRpsmCYYbec7
s+0AoIXurXIKwW3H7w9YTPZ9rmzlFT9B
=lRSg

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:12:25 PM

Vandroiy: Speech? Smiley
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:42:48 AM

But I can.  Find a trusted escrow and Ill bet you anything you put in it.

Classic.  Is this the most expensive sentence ever typed into this forum?

At current $/BTC exchange rates, this was a pretty hefty bet by any yard stick.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any mainstream press pick up this story.  I can just see the headline, "Local Man Wins $119,000 In Bet With Ponzi Operator".

organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:17:34 AM

But I can.  Find a trusted escrow and Ill bet you anything you put in it.

Classic.  Is this the most expensive sentence ever typed into this forum?

At current $/BTC exchange rates, this was a pretty hefty bet by any yard stick.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any mainstream press pick up this story.  I can just see the headline, "Local Man Wins $119,000 In Bet With Ponzi Operator".

He only won $59, 900 since the other half of the $59, 900 was already his.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:48:54 AM

The bet has now been paid out to Vandroiy, with 10000 BTC sent to the address he has provided me in a signed message. This concludes my duties as the escrow/arbiter of this transaction. Expect Vandroiy to post a signed message acknowledging receipt in a few days, once he gets back from the London conference.

iEYEARECAAYFAlBWWGoACgkQ5/k4vslVlLJirACglw0z4wnOodhkhRpsmCYYbec7
s+0AoIXurXIKwW3H7w9YTPZ9rmzlFT9B
=lRSg

respect. Next time, how about restricting operator privileges in #bitcoin-otc to more neutral parties? Not a user running the biggest scam on the scene.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 02:51:33 AM

But I can.  Find a trusted escrow and Ill bet you anything you put in it.

Classic.  Is this the most expensive sentence ever typed into this forum?

At current $/BTC exchange rates, this was a pretty hefty bet by any yard stick.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any mainstream press pick up this story.  I can just see the headline, "Local Man Wins $119,000 In Bet With Ponzi Operator".
BurtW's BTC10k bet was bigger, although there is no proof he deposited that amount: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97094.0

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 02:55:54 AM

Next time, how about restricting operator privileges in #bitcoin-otc to more neutral parties? Not a user running the biggest scam on the scene.

Scam, not scam, doesn't matter. People with a vested interest in silencing detractors probably shouldn't be able to at a whim.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: