Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 12:05:42 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2013, 07:16:56 AM by John (johnthedong)

Hello, everyone, my name is Dank and I'm here to prove my worthiness as an investment.  I have a dream, a dream unfolding before my eyes, guiding me through life and I'm here to ask for the financial support needed to make my dream a reality.

By the end of this year, 2012, I believe I will be a highly known guitarist/musician.  This time frame may seem unrealistically short, for I have only started playing electric guitar towards the end of August, but recent realizations have led me to believe this is possible.  Humans have been evolving exponentially for some time now, with advances in technology and communication lessening the time needed for the same amount of change to occur.  Logically, following this pattern, there will come a time when more change happens in an hour than has happened in the last millennium.  Through meditation, connecting to a higher consciousness within, and communicating these ideas, I've had the epiphany that 2012 is a real event.  It's not the end of the world and it's nothing to fear, the changes occurring through 2012 are completely spiritual.  Humans are waking up from the illusion of our man-made society, our awareness is increasing and we are once again discovering the true spiritual nature of our universe and self.  This burst of love gleaming through the world will manifest globally, this year, and with the increased self awareness and worldly consciousness (through communication/technology), it will stay among us.  The truth can be found within one's self, and when the truth is found, it spreads like wildfire.  More and more individuals are realizing, the only thing needed to be truly happy, is to act out of love.  By the end of this year, we will reach a critical point where love is rampantly understood and sought upon, where more humans become in tune with our consciousness and leave behind their egos, along with the negativity associated with ego, such as greed, disease, war, power and fear.  This power of love is what will give me the ability to effectively play guitar, from the soul, this year.

I'm no more special than anyone else, many others know these things and more learn everyday.  Our ancestors knew these times would come, and you do to.  Your consciousness, our consciousness, knows everything, it's up to you to tap into it and find out for yourself.

I'm calling upon individuals to help support me as I, and others, share this message of love among mankind.  I would like to organize a music festival, larger than woodstock, by the end of the year, and believe it is possible, with the conscious, united effort of humanity.

I'm looking for people interested in helping with the music festival.  What we're looking for:

1000 Acres land
Stage equipment
Audio equipment
Audio technician
Lighting equipment
Lighting technician
Contractor (build bathrooms)
Electrician
Lots of fireworks + pyro Smiley

Optionally, we will also set up some carnival type rides if we could get a volunteer for them.

Of course, we could have more than one of each volunteering position and anyone that just wants to volunteer to help, can.

Help be a part of history by taking the end of the year off of work and working together, as one, to form the biggest music festival ever.

Updated guitar samples will be posted periodically: http://soundcloud.com/dankm

Jimi Hendrix - Power to love

Payouts occur each Friday.  Your deposit may be withheld for however long of a duration you choose.  Interest rates are subject to change for new deposits only.

Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions.

Interest chart

Investment          Monthly   Bimonthly  
10-25 BTC1.2%1.3%
25-50 BTC1.4%1.5%
50-100 BTC1.5%1.6%
100-500 BTC1.7%1.8%
500+ BTC1.9%2.0%

Statistics

Total invested:415.36 BTC
Currently invested:76.36 BTC
Minimum deposit:10 BTC
Current capacity:1000 BTC
Available durations:monthly, bimonthly

Deposits

ID      Investor          Investment     Weekly interest   Duration   Start date
0008senbonzakura1.36 BTCN/AMonthly9-29-12
0009squall106675 BTC2.0%Bimonthly10-11-12

Happy to answer any questions regarding anything I've said.

(mod edit: dank has refused to repay, and thus forfeited his collateral - his soul)

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 12:14:51 AM

A bank??
And who are you exactly? Dank's just a pseudonym I would think.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:14:41 AM

Is this guy for serious?

I'd warn anyone away from this.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:15:13 AM

I'm the best investment you can make on the forums.  I've been around for a year, had borrowed at least 400 BTC since then. I provided custom graphic design services last year, sold $300 of Amazon gift cards and have repaid 100% of my loans.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:17:23 AM

FYI there are 4.33 weeks in a month. So your monthly interest bonus is actually negative.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:21:28 AM

Your past lending threads do not exactly instil confidence in your lenders. If you're going to start a 'bank', be prepared to at least provide some collateral either in the form of ID or good reputation.

I especially loved this:
I want to invest in land, give me your loan and you'll have whatever you want in return.  10 million is ideal, but I can work with lower amounts.  I've had over a dozen successful trades on these forums and I'm capable of doing great things for both of us, if you give me a chance.

Loan period will be for 4-6 years.  I'll double your 10 million if you want.  I'll give you a beautiful house and yard.  Whatever makes you happy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89954.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87215.0

And I do not like what happened to this particular loan:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85474.0
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:23:51 AM

Please remember that running a bank isn't the same like obtaining loans. A slight hiccup in withdrawal could send your depositors into insolvency problems.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:26:48 AM

This will not end well.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:28:05 AM

Noted, will correct when using a formula to calculate interest.

Your past lending threads do not exactly instil confidence in your lenders. If you're going to start a 'bank', be prepared to at least provide some collateral either in the form of ID or good reputation.

I especially loved this:
I want to invest in land, give me your loan and you'll have whatever you want in return.  10 million is ideal, but I can work with lower amounts.  I've had over a dozen successful trades on these forums and I'm capable of doing great things for both of us, if you give me a chance.

Loan period will be for 4-6 years.  I'll double your 10 million if you want.  I'll give you a beautiful house and yard.  Whatever makes you happy.

MtGox locked my money up, what could I do about it? I made the lender plenty of money at 3% daily.

I don't see the problem with a million dollar loan request. I have the ideas to do something effective with that capital. This is me attempting to build reputation prior to reaching larger loans.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:37:17 AM

Let me know when you pay me back this money you stole from me.

Also

- Some refs of these 400 BTC successful loans? Lets see some vouches.
- Fix your maths, it's terrible
- How does this tie into wanting money at 10% for guitars or whatnot, 2 days ago to which you didnt get any offers - related? this misleading?
- BS&T passthruing?
- Guarantees/Collateral?

I think there's more chance of getting your money back throwing it out of a helicopter into the middle of an ocean.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:38:36 AM

Noted, will correct when using a formula to calculate interest.

I especially loved this:
I want to invest in land, give me your loan and you'll have whatever you want in return.  10 million is ideal, but I can work with lower amounts.  I've had over a dozen successful trades on these forums and I'm capable of doing great things for both of us, if you give me a chance.

Loan period will be for 4-6 years.  I'll double your 10 million if you want.  I'll give you a beautiful house and yard.  Whatever makes you happy.

MtGox locked my money up, what could I do about it? I made the lender plenty of money at 3% daily.

I don't see the problem with a million dollar loan request. I have the ideas to do something effective with that capital. This is me attempting to build reputation prior to reaching larger loans.

Do you have something that would back up your bank? Some collateral in the form of your coins locked in other banks like Patrick's or GLBSE would be more reassuring to your loaners.  Consider having someone reputable that would insure your holdings. I am fine with another bank popping up as it means another new investment opportunity for me, but that does not mean I am willing to put up with you losing the money  in a hard situation or something.
Patrick and his Starfish bank operates like an ATM - I have learnt to expect my coins within 10 hours from him. I'm not too sure about your case.

About the part where you made the lender plenty of money at 3% daily, I saw that you also made the lender a lot of problems.

Dank, simple question:  Is the money you borrowed yours? 

No?  Then quit the fucking excuses.  This is real life.  Put down the bowl and grow up.  We're not your parents or close friends and accordingly we don't know your character.  Things didn't go as you planned?  BTC price raised unexpectedly?  Tough luck.  That's what happens.  Without nckrazze you wouldn't have even had the 60 BTC loaned to you to begin with. 

nckrazze was kind enough to take a chance and trust your character, which is a lot more than most people would do for a stranger in this world.  Just say, "I'm sorry, I fucked up, you were right" and then do everything you possibly can to get the money to him in the quickest way possible.  That is what a responsible person would do.  Are you responsible, dank?

If you got all defensive reading what I just wrote, perhaps therein lies the problem.
What excuses are you talking about?  I've never denied responsibility for this. I've said time and time again I'll pay it once my usd converts to BTC.  I'm only stating how nckrazze probably won't lookout for you if you're in a situation like mine and need some time.

Here's an example (bolded emphasis mine):

explained my situation to you, mtgox locked my money up, I lost the rest of my money in a hard situation.  Even though I recovered from that, I told you I needed time to get money back from mtgox. With the BTC price raise, it was impossible for me to pay the whole thing.  I deposited 40 more dollars, the last of my bank account in order to add funds to mtgox.  Now it will take longer as I need to submit another deposit. 
You'll get your money, but with the choice you're choosing it will take longer for us both.

Mt. Gox locked your money up?  You didn't consider this possibility in advance?

A "hard situation?"  Life's tough, get a helmet.

BTC price raise made paying impossible?  BTC has never been volatile in the past?

And then you defer your responsibility onto nckrazze by claiming his choices (as opposed to yours) are the root cause of subsequent delays?

Look dude, when you agree to a loan, you should make sure you have your bases covered.  In the thread where you are requesting a 1-10 mil loan (which is outright laughable), you claim that you 'manage your finances responsibly' or something to that effect.  You can't even 'manage' to pay back a 60 BTC loan in a timely manner, and when YOU, DANK, FAIL to honor your word, you blame your situation on commonplace events and act as though you're a victim of circumstance. 

No, you're a victim of your own financial incompetence.  Read what I said about getting defensive. 
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:02:20 AM

Also

- How does this tie into wanting money at 10% for guitars or whatnot, 2 days ago to which you didnt get any offers - related? this misleading?
- BS&T passthruing?
- Guarantees/Collateral?

I think there's more chance of getting your money back throwing it out of a helicopter into the middle of an ocean.
First of all, I didn't steal from you. You were at fault for not responding.
These are separate ventures.
No passthrough, if I deal with glbse, it will be for Dank Bank investors.
I guarantee 100% of your investment will be repaid when requested.

You should give people a chance before judging.

jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:05:36 AM

Dank, how do you guarantee deposits?

And I thought one of your loan requests was to pay your lawyer? I'm sorry, but in light of some of the things you've posted, this seems a little questionable.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:09:01 AM

Also

- BS&T passthruing?
- Guarantees/Collateral?

First of all, I didn't steal from you. You were at fault for not responding.
These are separate ventures.
No passthrough, if I deal with glbse, it will be for Dank Bank investors.
I guarantee 100% of your investment will be repaid when requested.

You should give people a chance before judging.
I know you're probably not referring to me here, but I'd like to ask what is the form of guarantee. Is it a verbal (rep) agreement or is it a collateral-based agreement? I would advise you to take my advice by investing a sum of bitcoins in other ventures, and making it public that at the case of you defaulting/broke, the coins would be paid back to your investors. This reassures your lenders, and the collateral is generating profits for you at the same time.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:15:49 AM

Just a tip here - you can take a leaf out from other banks' ways too.
For example,

I will manage trust issues a little bit different here, as there will always be investors afraid of losing their coins because of unscrupulous people willing to run off with their money.

I personally give higher credit to a person who is not afraid of revealing his/her real identity in the real world TM.

In order to let my investors know that I am a trustworthy person in which they can trust, I am going to provide the kind of details some of you tend to ask me before investing in my deposit.

These details are linked to my real identity and you can think of them as a deterrent for me not running off with your deposits as I am not going to risk my personal credibility in my day-today job or risk my my own physical body.

Please, make your own judgement based on what I publicly disclose to you:

These are some of the things I also assess before borrowing or lending money to other bitcoin users, although different people have different approaches and your mileage may vary.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:24:51 AM

I should have posted up at #3 when I had the chance.

Yes, I was a bit surprised to see Dank Bank make an appearance, but in an open forum, he is entitled to do this.  I am also prepared to list his rates in the Who Pays What thread.  I have been doing a bit more work on the credit ratings process and have sent a test pm of it to someone for comment.  If he comes back to me soon, I'll send out copies to other people to complete or ignore as they decide.

(as for the 10 hour delay in payments from Starfish deposit accounts, it would be a lot shorter if you requested during daylight hours for my timezone)
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:27:08 AM

And I thought one of your loan requests was to pay your lawyer? I'm sorry, but in light of some of the things you've posted, this seems a little questionable.
No, the request wasn't to pay my lawyer, those circumstances had only arrived at the time of the loan.  I guarantee the deposits because I will be able to have a fixed period of time to invest them.  This allows me to invest accordingly and make a guaranteed profit before the period is over.

I don't know what to say, I'm a man of my word and I can invest BTC well. You're really just going to have to trust me like every other lender did for me in the past.

For example,

I will manage trust issues a little bit different here, as there will always be investors afraid of losing their coins because of unscrupulous people willing to run off with their money.

I personally give higher credit to a person who is not afraid of revealing his/her real identity in the real world TM

In order to let my investors know that I am a trustworthy person in which they can trust, I am going to provide the kind of details some of you tend to ask me before investing in my deposit.

These details are linked to my real identity and you can think of them as a deterrent for me not running off with your deposits as I am not going to risk my personal credibility in my day-today job or risk my my own physical body.

These are some of the things I also assess before borrowing or lending money to other bitcoin users, although different people have different approaches and your mileage may vary.

I get what you're saying but I'd rather not provide identity. I'm seeking a multimillion dollar loan, I'm not going to let some small amount of interest alter my chances of getting that.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:37:18 AM

No, the request wasn't to pay my lawyer, those circumstances had only arrived at the time of the loan.  I guarantee the deposits because I will be able to have a fixed period of time to invest them.  This allows me to invest accordingly and make a guaranteed profit before the period is over.

I don't know what to say, I'm a man of my word and I can invest BTC well. You're really just going to have to trust me like every other lender did for me in the past.

For example,

I personally give higher credit to a person who is not afraid of revealing his/her real identity in the real world TM

I get what you're saying but I'd rather not provide identity. I'm seeking a multimillion dollar loan, I'm not going to let some small amount of interest alter my chances of getting that.
Although the intricacies of getting a multimillion loan and a sub $10k loan is fundamentally different, I would state that without providing your ID you're pretty much confirmed to not get the $10k loan, much alone the multimillion loan. See Pirate, for example. He's the biggest 'bank' in existence of the BTC community. His infallible rep is backed up with his real life identity and actual financial backing- even then I doubt he has reached the ballpark of $4M yet in deposits. 

The proper way is to treat every loan as if it's the multimillion loan - build your rep by providing your identity and maybe a collateral with others first, and proceed from there. Without this, your proposal should not be considered serious in a financial sense.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:45:09 AM

I have offered to meet in person to discuss the multimillion dollar loan. I've also offered collateral such as my car for the 1-10k loan.

I think people need to have more faith. I hear the same talk everytime yet I always follow through.  Trust me, as someone who believes in karma, I have no incentive to run with your money.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:53:48 AM

I'm about to update the WPW thread, but also wanted to advise that I've sent dank a copy of the credit rating process for him to look at.  I'm releasing it into the wild today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: